• Published 29th Sep 2013
  • 1,309 Views, 44 Comments

inFAMOUS: Friendship is Power - Playtindo



Cole MacGrath assembles a team of conduits during the events of inFAMOUS 1 and leads into inFAMOUS 2 and Festival of Blood.

  • ...
4
 44
 1,309

Chapter One: Meet the Hero

My name's Cole MacGrath. A while back I dropped out of college and got a job as a bike courier. Mostly just to piss off my parents. I was a guy you'd never meet, delivering packages to folks you'd never know.

But then one day, a package found me.

The blast was massive, destroying five square blocks and killing thousands. And at the center, was me.

Alive, but changed.

It was scary as hell at first, there was no one to talk to, no experts to consult. Over time I've been learning to master it.

The little control I had was put to the test as I was forced to protect the citizens of the Neon district against a gang of thugs known as the Reapers. And after saving and dispersing a food shipment to some civilians, that damned TV jacker comes on every television with a photo of me minutes before the blast, holding what looked like a bomb. After Trish just walks away people start to recognize me. Thing were going to get ugly.

Zeke and I went to Stampton Bridge to try and get out of down, but it was turned into a deathtrap. The other side of the bridge, the exit, was nothing more than a wall of razor wire and machine guns. Zeke jumped into the harbor an I jumped into some container on the side of the bridge.

I was greeted by name by an FBI agent named Moya. She tasked me with finding her husband, John, and the Ray Sphere, the device which caused the explosion. If I did what she asked, She'd get me out of Empire City and clear my name. I thought of the idea of this "Ray Sphere" as a load of crap, but since I was turned into a walking light socket, I cut her some slack.

After meeting up with Zeke back in the Neon and explained to him the situation, I got a call from Moya giving me a few leads to John's whereabouts and the Ray Sphere's location. After finding what Moya called a "dead drop" a Reaper blew up a whole substation, cutting off power to the Neon District. I got a section of the districts power back on Moya informed me she might have a lead, and to wait until the morning to go after it.


"I need you to investigate the northern section of the Neon. There are reports of a group of conduits fighting the Reapers and I need to know if they have hostile intentions." said Moya as Cole prepared to descend back into the hell that was once Empire City.

"Conduits?" he asked, never hearing that word used in that context.

"People with powers, people like you."

"Alright, heading there now." he said as he leaped off of the roof where Zeke had effectively "set up shop" as he called it.

As he entered neared the Northern Neon, he felt as if this was way too easy, the Reapers were the most prominent in this part of the Neon than anywhere else in the district. But there wasn't a Reaper in sight.

Either I'm walking into a trap, or they're to chickenshit too take me on.Cole thought as he neared an intersection. As he reached the center, four semi's with machine gun turrets on their beds rolled into each street, turned to the right, and boxed him in.

Trap, dammit.He thought as he charged up his powers, he was going to die, but at least he'd go down fighting.

But then glistening rocks shot up from the ground, surrounding and protecting him from the bullets. What the hell?He thought as a beam of purple energy flew over his head and into one of the semi's, blowing it up the second it made contact.

Similar thing were happening to the other semi's. One was being picked up by a figure that Cole couldn't make out, while another was being hit by what appeared to be nothing, but it was flying across the intersection at the last semi, which was attempting to flee the ambush of their ambush. The flying semi crashed into it, creating a massive explosion.

As the dust cleared, the rocks around him slid back into the ground the tops still having the pavement on it so when they returned to their original positions, it looked as if there were just a few new cracks in the ground.

When he could clearly see his rescuers he was surprised that they were six girls, all probably in they're early twenties, and all we're giving him a very cautious, but serious glare. Two of them looked as if they wanted to attack him immediately, but they held back as the girl in the very center of the group wearing a lavender-ish hoodie with a six-pointed star on the right side and sweatpants walked towards him, her arm outstretched in a handshake.

"Hello, terrorist. My name is Twilight Sparkle."

Author's Note:

Has Cole found some friends, or enemies?
Find out in Chapter 2: Introductions