• Published 26th Sep 2013
  • 999 Views, 157 Comments

Might Be For Us - Fat1thatyoulove



The sequel to the MAybe series, part 48-50. Follow our main character thought his newest trails as he tries to better understand the consequences of his influences on Equestria; and how it affects the ones he loves.

  • ...
7
 157
 999

Chapter 8

Chapter 20 – Long days never end simple, thats just too simple

Sparky's exhausting flight only lasted for a few minutes, and only brought him halfway through the city as he was left to trot the rest of the way.

The voice in his mind has not started back up since he left Violet's sight...But that doesn't mean his mind's heavy thoughts have stopped. Instead the cold fall night has added to the already slightly shivering stallion as the unwanted and forced magic runs under his coat with a slight tingling to every hoof he takes down the dirt path on the edge of the city.

Sparky's thoughts that have been building betray him though as he stops his path and just stares to the large sky blue stone building at the end of the path.

As the young stallion stands in his spot for another short moment the low echo of Sombra's voice comes to his mind, (Your feelings are running thief, tell me...why do you disgrace your race? A pegasus never is lacking in pride, and your race is known for combat...So why do you hold such fear to your heart and mind?)

Sparky shakes his head trying to stop the ringing of the voice in his head as he starts to give into the fast events that have been thrust upon him.

Without remorse Sombra's voice comes up as it drives the young stallion's head shake a little faster, (Your anguish is understandable, thief...) "I'm not a thief!" Sparky's tone comes back in a sharp denial as he stomps his hoof to the ground. (Ah...Then tell me, WHY did you venture into a unicorn castle? Surely a pegasus would have been killed for trespassing on Unicorn territory...I felt your fear in that room...So do not LIE).

Sparky shakes his head again as his voice comes out a little defeated, "I-...I was in there for my friend." (The mare, yes...What shame have you brought onto your family for surviving a unicorn...)

"I-it's no disgrace for helping a friend..." The magic under Sparky's coat churns a little as Sombra's voice goes quiet for a moment, but it comes back up as a echoey laugh comes up and ricochets around the stallion's mind, (You would have me believe unicorns and pegasus are not at war?)

"Yes..." Sparky's words quite the magic under his coat for a moment as the cool air of the world around him starts to tap against his coat. The silence to Sparky's head only last for a moment as Sombra's voice comes back, (Walk pegasus, your body needs to rest...And I can feel your desire for it has brought you here).

Sparky hesitates for a moment before he starts his trot up towards the sky blue building.

It only takes a few moments for the stallion to take his hoof to the door and then into the building, and as he does he freezes just waiting for somepony to scold him for coming in late.

However the entrance way is quiet and there's no pony waiting for him as he swings his head around, to the pony free area Sparky's trot comes up towards the hallway as he darts into it. His hooves move quietly to the hall as he passes by the doorless rooms of the bedrooms.

Sparky's pace brings him to his room quick, but he doesn't go inside as his heart drops to the two ponies sitting in his room.

The cream stallion sitting on his bed turns his head to the door with a smile as he speaks up, "Oh look who it is..." His tone is held to a low as he holds his smile to Sparky, "...Hey FillyFlank you missed curfew again..."

Sparky looks over the two stallion as he just stands in the hallway.

To his lack of voice Flaps speaks up again as he beckons him to step inside the room, "So tell me FillyFlank...Do you think your some special pony or something? Do you think you can just come and go anytime you want?"

Flaps holds his smile as he cocks his head to the chocolate stallion waiting at the window, "What ya-think Chase, think we should get this stallion another twenty laps for tomorrow?"

Sparky's voice comes up as he takes a step into the room, "Go on, go and tell on me...I don't care, so get out."

The words break Flaps's smile as he looks over the stallion, a little surprised that the petty threat didn't turn the stallion into a begging colt, "Oh is that so?" Flaps stands from the bed as he pokes his hoof to Sparky's chest, "What, you think your better then everypony or something? Huh? You think cause your mare is some fancy unicorn student you can just trot in here whenever?"

Sparky's eyes tighten to the stallion's words as he speaks up, "Why do you care so much Flaps?!"

Flaps blows his foul breath to Sparky's snout as he speaks up, "Why do I care? Because! You're not a Wonder Bolt and you're never going to be a Wonderbolt...You shouldn't even be here, and the fact that you don't care ticks me off." His hoof bangs a little hard to Sparky's chest as he finishes his words.

The creams stallion's hoof comes to Sparky's side as he pulls him a little more to the room, "Sit down FillyFlank, you should just rest...You have a big day of running tomorrow..."

A laugh comes from the chocolate stallion that moves from his spot as he jabs his hoof to Sparky's right wing, "Or flying, would you like that better FillyFlank?"

A jolt of pain runs through Sparky's body as the stallion grins his hoof to his feathers, the warm feeling of Sombra's magic comes up as Sparky's eyes flicker a little green and the stallion quickly jerks away from the stallion as he flared his now slightly green glowing wings out.

But the green glow only holds for a moment as a sound of a faint electrical static starts to ring from Sparky's wings, the green glow fades as a few very small lightening like zaps flap from Sparky's wings and towards the cream stallion in the doorway.

Flaps's eyes go wide as the jolt of what looked like a small lightning bolt sticks against his coat, a loud yelp calls from his mouth as he jumps in his spot and rubs to the shock mark on his coat.

The chocolate stallion blinks in confusion to the lightning like bolt as he just stares stupidly between his friend and the light orange pegasus.

Although Flaps quickly reacts as he lunges towards Sparky and tackles him to the ground, the green glow to his eyes fades quick as the sensation of falling comes over him, but it ends fast as his head bangs against the floor and sends the already pounding welt into a frenzy of pain as he calls out, "AH!!!"

Flaps jabs his front hooves to Sparky's chest with a few quick kicks, but the rage filled hits are pulled from Sparky as a loud voice comes into the room, "Hey! HEY!"

Sparky squints his eyes open to the white pegasus stallion that has pulled Flaps off of him as the stallion regains his breath.

"What are you two doing!?" Streaks hard eyes stare between the two stallions as he waits for a response, but Sparky doesn't bring his voice up as Flaps shouts out, "We were just telling Sparky about why it's bad to be late for curfew, and then he hit me, so I fought him off."

Streak holds his hard stare still as he looks to the cream stallion, "Oh ya? Then why were you over him?" Flaps is silent for a moment as Streak takes advantage of the stallion's quilted voice, "You two are coming with me...Get up Sparky..." Streaks right hoof guides the cream stallion out of the room as Sparky starts to bring himself up.

But as he follows after the white stallion into the hallway his trot stops as he looks over the stallion's who now poke themselves out of their rooms.

"Streak, what's going on?" The older voice turns Sparky's ears as he looks to the light sky blue pegasus that quickly moves down the hallway.

Streak takes his hoof from Flaps side as he swings it between Flaps and Sparky, "I caught these two fighting Sorin...."

The sky blue pegasus blinks to the words as he stares between the two stallion, "Fighting?" Sorin takes a deep breath as he speaks up, "Is this true?"

Flaps immediately speaks up as he holds his hoof to Sparky, "Ya, he started it!"

Sorin's eyes turn to Sparky as he waits for a response, but the burned out stallion is too tired and hurt to speak up as he just nods his head.

Streak blinks almost astonished to the nod as Sorin's voice comes up, "Then i'm sorry, fighting is one hundred percent prohibited in this school...You both will be suspended for the next two weeks."

"WHAT!?" Flaps speaks up as Sparky just goes wide eyed to the comment, the cream stallion's voice continues as he shakes his head, "Bu-but that's the rest of our first year? H-how do we complete it?"

"You both will need to resubmit to the school for next year..." Sorin's words end fast as Flaps points his hoof to Sparky, "This is all your fault!"

"That's enough Flaps, get back to your room." Streak holds his hoof up as he waits for the cream stallion to bring his trot up.

Reluctantly he does as the chocolate stallion follows after his friend, to the two stallion trotting past him Sorin turns his eyes to Sparky as he speaks up, "Tonight is your last day...I will have a train ticket ready for you in the morning."

Sparky nods his head as he pins his eyes to the ground and turns back to his room.

Streak watches Sparky's trot for a moment as Sorin speaks up now directed to him, "Streak, I would like a report on what you saw by tomorrow, ok?"

"Yes sir..." Streak nods his head as the sky blue stallion starts to trot back down the hallway, as Sorin moves a little more down the hall Streak turns his attention back to Sparky's room as he trots over into it, "Hey..."

Sparky's trot has brought him to the edge of the bed as he just sits with sad eyes staring to the lock in front of him, but the stallion's voice turns his gaze as he listens..."...Listen, this is your first Academy offence, you should be ok for next year."

The words don't turn Sparky's head as he just holds his stare.

To the silent stallion Streak nods as he moves from the room and starts to trot back down the hall as his voice directs to the other ponies that have poked their heads to the hallway.

The hallway and the room goes quiet as Sparky's eyes just hold to the simple room around him...But the silence doesn't last long as Sombra's shadowy figure comes to his field of vision, (...You should rest pegasus, every morning brings different winds.) The dark stallion's motionless mouth gets a grin as his sharp teeth poke from his mouth, (...I am a pony of my word, serve me wel-...)

A pillow from the bed sends the shadowy vision into a fuzzy and broken picture as Sparky's eyes start to blink from a few tears as his quiet voice runs just to his mind, "I'm not helping you for myself..."

Sombra's shadow fades from the room as his echo rings through Sparky's head, (Ha-ha-ha, ease your mind Sparky...Your task will be done come the day after tomorrow...Now sleep.) A flash of green magic comes over Sparky's eyes as he struggles to keep them open as he slowly starts to move his head towards the remaining pillow on the bed.

End of Chapter 20