• Published 26th Sep 2013
  • 999 Views, 157 Comments

Might Be For Us - Fat1thatyoulove



The sequel to the MAybe series, part 48-50. Follow our main character thought his newest trails as he tries to better understand the consequences of his influences on Equestria; and how it affects the ones he loves.

  • ...
7
 157
 999

Chapter 6

Chapter 18 – For the last

Violet's ear flicks too a very low and fading chime that rings down from the spiral staircase she stands near, but as she turns back towards the slightly indented hallway of the staircase a voice halts her.

"Violet Sparkle?"

The regular and slightly lispy voice freezes the light purple mare as she turns back around to face the dark night blue coated mare that trots through the low sun drenched throne room, "What brings you here?"

Violet's mind quickly kicks back into gear as she moves a little in front of the staircase and tries to think of something to say...But her mind runs out of ideas as she just hooves out the first thing that comes to mind.

Luna's teal eyes trace over the mare's unsure motions as she repeats them, "You wished to talk with our sister?"

A quick nod comes from Violet as she tries to drag on the conversation, just hoping that Sparky will be able to leave the room before Violet's stalling runs its course.

"You may ask me any question...I would be much interested in helping any student." Luna holds her head to a slight tilt as she awaits Violet's next motion.

But the tall mare's stare brings Violet's ears down as she just blinks to the mare and gives a simple reply.

Luna takes her head up as she nods a little disappointed, "Oh...Well if you remember your question you may seek me out. But for now I need to raise our moon."

Violet wiggles her hoof to the words as she brings her hooves up quick.

The light purple mare's comment brings a new smile to Luna's face as she nods, "Y-yes, if you would like to witness the setting of the sun you may." The dark mare's quicker pace brings a result Violet was fearing as the princess of the night trots past Violet, "Come Violet Sparkles."

Violet's ear's go down a little as she follows after her, all the while just hoping that she's not going to see her friend still in the room.

Luna's quick trot makes short work of the rounding stone white staircase as Celestia's room comes into view from the ending of the staircase.

The sight of the princess of the sun's elegant room stops the young mare as she just looks around, but her search of the majestic room doesn't show the light orange pegasus; and a faint sigh of relief comes from her as she lets her mind cool a little.

Although for Luna the room is nothing more than a room as she trots herself towards the ajar open balcony of it, she doesn't really notice the door slightly open as she turns back to the paused mare, "Y-you did wish to see this spell correct?"

Violet blinks to the mare's words as she realizes the rare spell she's just been offered to see, her trot now comes up a little more excited as she follows after the dark mare to the stone balcony outside.

The deep orange and yellow orb in the sky looks almost to be begging to be put down as it's low hold over the world continues to linger over Equestria.

Luna's horn sparks up in a bright high chiming blue as she holds her voice almost unfazed to her powerful spell, "I enjoy coming to my sister's chambers to lower the sun...It doesn't make our spell easier, but it does allow us to look over Equestria as we usher in the night."

The tall mare's horn holds it's glow as the warm sun on Violet's face starts to turn to a cooling feel, as the bright light starts to creep away from the world Violet turns her eyes to the city that the castle's balcony looks over.

Luna's horn slowly starts to fade as she holds her teal eyes over the darkening world, "...I have always enjoyed the night's feel its look and its freedom..." Luna turns to the young mare beside her as she gives a warm smile, "The night is when everypony can dream about anything they wish..." The words tilt her head a little as she looks over the mare, "How has your spell been coming along Violet?"

Violet's hooves come up as she expresses her gratitude with every slow and expert motion.

"We are glad you enjoy it...Everypony should have their own freedoms, and it pleases us that we could help you achieve one." Luna's eyes turn back over the city as she stops her voice.

The light purple mare nods her head to the words as she looks over the same scene Luna has turned back to, but her stare doesn't last long as Luna speaks up, "The next part of this spell will take a few hours...You may head back to your room if you wish."she gives a smile as Luna looks back to Violet.

To the tall mare's words Violet nods her head as she turns back to the room, but as she moves her eyes back to the room they pause to a glass jar that lays to it's side near one side of the room. It doesn't take Violet long to place the jar as she moves a little over towards it.

But before she sparks her horn to it she looks back to the tall mare still outside, Luna's back is turned to the room and her mane has taken on a slightly night sky like sparkle as she continues to hold her gaze to the world.

Violet's horn quickly sparks up in a low blue glow as the slightly cracked jar comes to her side and she starts her hooves up quickly towards the winding staircase entrance of the room.

The young mare's trot comes to an end as she squints to the jar that now is slightly illuminated from her blue magics glow, the crack to the glass brings a questioning stare to Violet's face...But she pushes it aside as she starts her trot down the stairs to go and wait in her room for her friend.

- - -
(An hour later)

The world outside has now been taken over by the night as Luna’s moon slowly starts to poke up from the crust of the world.

However the world's air does little to the pegasus stallion who continues to just lay on the ground from where he crash landed, but Sparky's hazed mind that was brought on when the unforgiving ground's hard hit has now started to fade.

Sparky's body starts to tremble a little as he slowly starts to open his eyes as he looks around the grassy ground he lays on, his head pounds as he stirs a little trying to push himself up with a groan. But as he blinks to the new night held world the young stallion's mind starts to bring a new sensation to his body...One that stings a little more than the cold air.

Another groan comes from the stallion as he starts to move to sit on his flank, as he does this a voice starts to echo a little to his head, "...Tell me thief, where have I awoken?"

Sparky's body shakes to the voice as a low strange green glow comes to his body, the shiver of the magic stops the young stallion's voice as he tilts his head to a figure in front of him.

As his eyes lock to the shadowy figure in front of him his heart starts to race, the large red horned stallion that stands in front of him has a dark grayish black coat that slightly looks to be faded around his body. The stallion's mane is a pitch black color that runs down to a long elegant red cape. However the young stallion's eyes stay pinned to the sharp teeth that slightly poke from the strong postured stallion.

The dark stallion's echoey voice again runs through Sparky's head as the stallion's mouth remains closed, "I asked you a question pegasus..."

Sparky's body trembles as the voice rings to his ears, but still his ability to speak is halted as he just stares to the stallion.

To the lack of voice the unmoved shadowy stallion tightens his green and reddish eyes, "...Do you know who I am pegasus?"

The light glow that holds over Sparky's body sends a shiver under his coat as he brings his head to shake, still unable to just bring his voice up.

"I am King Sombra, first ruler of Equestria-..." The dark stallion's mouth opens as he lowers his head and gives a grin, "...You know of me do you not?"

Sparky's heart has become rapid as the name sinks into his mind.

The grin over Sombra's face holds as the shadow that stems around him starts to grow a little wider, "Tell me thief, what do you know of me?"

The low green hold of magic over the light orange pegasus's body starts to fade as Sparky's shaky voice comes up, "Y-you destroyed the Crystal Empire and tried to-..."

Sombra cocks his head as the echo of his voice comes ringing to Sparky's head, "Believe lies if you wish...But tell me your truth...Pegasus do you fear me?" The dark and red horn atop the stallion's head glows a little with a black and green bubble of magic as he waits for Sparky's words.

But the young stallion doesn't speak up as he just stares to the unicorn in front of him.

To the absent voice Sombra's grin falls from his face as his horn sparks up, "Do you fear me?!" The ringing of his echoey voice that booms in Sparky's head heightens as the area around him turns a smokey black as it encases just them and the small patch of grass that stands between them; even the dark night's sky goes absent to the dark smokey area as Sombra's eyes get a faint purple line that extends from them.

"You should fear me pegasus...Tell me, do you feel that swirling under your coat?" No answer needs to come from the orange pegasus as the building fear and confusion to his current surroundings starts to show to his face. Sombra continues as he smiles his toothy grin, "...That swirling is my magic...For years I have waited, unable to exact my revenge! Unable to have my peace for there injustice acts! BUT now my wait is over..." The rush of the smoky cloud around them starts to grow louder as it booms with it's puppet master's echoey voice, "...That swirling under your coat is my magic, and it will stay under your coat...FEEDING from your fears, your thoughts and your own magic. I will feed until your body becomes my own...Until my strength has returned." Sombra holds his head up high as his motionless mouth continues to expel his words, "You will die...And I shall be reborn." A devilish smile comes from the dark stallion as he looks over Sparky's face, "...I shall then turn my attention to all those you care about, and I shall do the same to them...And once they all have felt my wrath I shall finally get my justice from the two you all so admire, there lies will be broken."

Sombra pause as he just stares to the shaking stallion, "Do you understand me pegasus?"

The emotions building to the stallion's body start to become too much as he shakes his head, "D-don't..." His words flutter his eyes as he just looks to the dark stallion in front of him, "P...please."

Sombra's grin fades a little as he continues to hold his strong stance, "You understand me then?"

Sparky just blinks his eyes a little confused to the words, however no tears fall from his eyes as he speaks up, "W-what?"

"You understand that my will is unfaltering...and that I shall do whatever it takes to get what I desire." His voice rises a little more as the shadowy cloud around him rages again, "...Now, Where has the white one kept me, where have I awoken!"

"Y-you're in Canterlot..." Sparky just shivers as his voice comes feebly out.

The purple lines that extend from Sombra's eyes fades as he nods his head, "Thank you...Now tell me pegasus, what would you do to keep yourself and those you care about safe?"

Sparky's mouth quivers as he tries to understand the stallion's mind testing words, but the lack of an immediate answer brings Sombra's voice back up as the echo of his deep tone rings to Sparky's head, "What would you do!?"

"Anything!" Sparky's voice comes out with a pained tone as he tries to quell the ringing in his head.

The tooth smile comes over Sombra as his echo comes back a little lower, "...Then accept my demands, because I promise you thief I will not be trifled with...And I will not be stalled again."

Sparky nods his head as he waits for Sombra's words to continue.

"You will tell no one of what's happened...for as long as it takes my magic to feed...Once I have recovered you will be rewarded for your endeavors..." Sombra loses the smile as he bends his head down a little, "Fail me, and you fail those you care for."

Sparky reluctantly nods as he turns his head to the ground.

The echo comes down a little to his head as the shadowy cloud starts to fade, "Good...Then I will have my peace with the two, and they shall finally know what it's like to lose everything..."

The world around Sparky starts to become a smeared color blob as Sombra's magical hold over the young pegasus starts to fade.

- - -

Sparky's eyes open to the world, but he stops for a moment as he realizes he still lays on the ground...The same ground he pushed himself from a few minutes ago, his coat is sweaty and his heart's rapid pace holds for a moment as he just looks around the outside world or the castle's garden.

However as the stallion moves his front hooves to push himself up his mind starts to clear, "W-was that a dream?"

(No)

The echoey voice comes to Sparky's head as Sombra's figure appears next to him, although unlike before the dark stallion has an almost ghostly look to him. His mouth doesn't move as the echo runs through Sparky's head again, (I am within you peagasus...and I will be making sure you follow my command...)

As Sombra's echoey tone ends the shadowy figure trots more in front of where Sparky stands, (Now, walk pegasus) Sombra's horn sparks up as the feeling of his weakening magic comes over Sparky's body, as the magic runs to the pegasus's legs the light orange stallion's eyes flicker a little green as he tries to fight it.

However his struggling spark's Sombra's purple wisp to return to his eyes as a tooth grin comes up, (What's wrong pegasus, do you not want me to control you?!)

Sparky's breath goes rapid as he closes his eyes and forces a step forward, the green magical hold over his leg clears as he stumbles a little from the abrupt break of the spell's hold.

Sombra's smile fades a little as his shadowy figure trots over to where the panting stallion kneels on his front legs, (You are no longer in the safety of your mind...stand yourself up and walk normally, or I will take control of you again.) As the low echo of Sombra's voice ends the shadowy figure fades from the spot next to Sparky the stallion starts to bring his hooves back up as he looks around where he stands.

Sparky has never walked through the garden before and the slight maze of tall bushes makes the young stallion swing his head around a little as he tries to place himself. The stallion would bring his wings up, but his body has been left drained and his head pounds where the bump on the back of his head throbs.

Instead the young stallion whose coat has been stained from the grassy and dirty ground he once laid on just stumbled down the cobblestone path that sits between the hedges of the garden.

However the staggering stallion's trot is slow and tired as he just swings his head down the paths of the garden he just swings his head around the maze of hedges he's walked into.

(WAIT!)

The sound of Sombra's echo stops Sparky's trot as he clenches his teeth to his pounding head that resonates from the bump on his head.

Sombra's shadowy figure comes next to the smaller stallion as he holds his eyes to the stone statue in front of where he stands, (Pegasus...Tell me what this is...).

Sparky's head turns to the strange gray slender broken stone statue as he speaks up, "I-I don't know what you mean?"

The tall dark undefined shadow next to Sparky takes a step forward as he looks over the mismatched statute, as his dark green eyes look over the stone his echo gets a little louder, (I know this creature...) His eyes turn to Sparky as the echo speaks up, (Why do I feel a presence from this stone pegasus?!)

Sparky again clenches his teeth as he just puts his head closer towards the cobblestone ground.

Sombra's horn sparks up in bubbly green color as he turns his stance towards the statue, as his magic gets a little brighter Sparky's wings start to glow with a new deep heat that runs through the young stallion's body.

But the young stallion's uneasy feeling ends fast as a low green bolt burst from his wings and towards the stone. Sparky falls to the ground as he kneels to the ground with his front hooves, as he tries to hold his eyes open.

The small bolt of magic hits the gray stone as it starts to glow a faint orange color and a happy laugh starts to expel from it.

Sparky tilts his head up the statue as he just stares to glowing stone helplessly.

End of chapter 18