• Published 30th Sep 2013
  • 417 Views, 0 Comments

Flame - xVinylTheFanfictioner



Fire. Explosions. Total and utter chaos. All of these things are happening in Ponyville right now. Whats going on?

  • ...
 0
 417

Flame

~Flame~
Twilight was in her cottage, looking at many books at once.
"Where is it.. where is it..." Twilight frantically looked at the books.

Spike looked up at her. "Whats wrong, Twilight?"

"I'm trying to find a book on this evil mare that Princess Celestia told me about. She said her name was Flame ... Flame..."
Spike opened a book. "Flame Runner?"
Twilight looked at spike. "How did you know her name?"

Spike showed Twilight the page he opened to. "Page 23. Flame Runner. An evil villain who has the power to make flames erupt from her hooves and horn. Uses her magic for evil."

Twilight took the book from spike. "Thank you, Spike."
Spike smiled big "No problem! What are favorite assistants for?"

Twilight read on about the evil mare. "..It is said on the solar eclipse, Flame will return to unleash chaos on Equestria and spread her flame to all who stands in her way.."
Spike's eyes widened. " Bu..B...But Twilight! Tomorrow is the solar eclipse!! Do you think that she'll..."

Twilight put a hoof on Spike's shoulders. "I don't think so, Spike. Its just an old pony's tale."
"I hope so, Twi." Spike relaxed.
Twilight put the book in a saddlebag and started walking towards the door. "I'll go tell my friends about the mare. Maybe we can make sure she won't come back, and talk to Princess Celestia about her."

Twilight opened up the door and walked towards Sugar Cube Corner, where her friends were hanging out.

When she opened the door, she saw her 5 friends all sitting together eating cupcakes, of course, Pinkie Pie had the most cupcakes.
"Hey twilight!" Everypony said.
Another pony bowed. "Good afternoon, Princess Twilight."
"Thank you." Twilight smiled.

"So what is it you wanted to show us, Twilight?" Applejack said, looking at the book in her saddlebag. "Got a new book?"
Twilight sat down "Much more than that, Applejack. There is a new villain coming into this story of ours."

Pinkie pie looked up. "What story? Like the one we're in now?" Pinkie pie jumped up, still hyper from the cupcakes. "Why is it narrating everything i'm doing?" Pinkie Pie realizes she shouldn't be saying that.. "Oh, okay! I'll stop questioning it." Pinkie pie sat back down.

Everypony looked at Pinkie, confusingly. Applejack was the first to speak. "She's just being Pinkie Pie. Don't question 'er"
Pinkie smiled.

"..Anyway... The new villain i'm talking about it Flame Runner, a pony who apparently shoots fire from her hooves and horn, using fire magic and hurting everypony in her way."
Fluttershy gasped. "Oh my.. that sounds.. dangerous..."

Rainbow Dash scoffed. "Oh pa-lease. I could EASILY take her on." Rainbow punched at the air and got into a pouncing position.

Fluttershy walked over to Rainbow. "I don't know, Rainbow.. She sounds very strong and ... scary ..."

Applejack came over to Fluttershy and put a hoof on her shoulder. "Don't worry, Fluttershy. She wont come back."
Fluttershy walked back to her seat, looking away. Applejack mouthed the words "Right?" to Twilight.
Twilight shrugged. Nopony was really sure. "I can get Princess Celestia and ask her about the mare. Maybe she knows about it!"

Rarity spoke for the first time. "Princess Celestia knows everything!"
Everyone replied in an agreeing "Yeah!"
~~~
"I have no idea." Princess Celestia said.
"What!? How couldn't you know about her? She's very dangerous and could go to Equestria again, and then .. rain chaos and.. and.."
"Its alright, Princess Twilight. We'll be prepared for her. Just remember about the elements of harmony." Princess Luna said, coming in from the door, listening to their conversation.
"Thank you, Princess. I'll remember that." Twilight started her departure, but before she left she had one question.
"What if.. What if she did come back? Are you sure we'll be okay?"
"We'll be fine, Twilight. Don't worry, please." Celestia said.

Twilight went back to Ponyville, getting ready for bed. Tomorrow was the solar eclipse.. will she actually come back?"

Back at Princess Celestia's castle, Luna and Celestia started talking.

"Are you sure she won't return, sister?" Luna said, eagerly looking up at Celestia.
"No. I'm not sure, Luna." Celestia started going to bed, it would be night soon.
"Goodnight, Celestia."
Luna raised the moon, and Twilight was already asleep.
~~~
Twilight woke up to the sound of screaming. She immediately bolted up and went outside, with her mane still not brushed.

Screaming. The smell of smoke filled the air.

"Twilight help me!!! Somepony!!" Somepony from a smoking building screamed.

Twilight quickly turned around to see a burning building with somepony inside.
That somepony was Fluttershy. She had went into a house to help a pony. She was trapped inside.

Twilight quickly used her magic and moved the boards from the door, and got Fluttershy out. She had a young filly with her, and the filly was shaking, obviously terrified.

Fluttershy coughed and coughed, and laid down for a second. But the filly ran from Fluttershys arms into the young mare's mother, crying.

"Thank you, Fluttershy." The mother of the young filly said, still crying.

Fluttershy was on the ground, still ashy and coughing. Twilight took Fluttershy into her house and let her lay down, she didn't look good. But Twilight needed to find her friends and find out the cause of this.

She found Applejack hiding, and she asked her what happened
"I..I..Twilight.. the...the.." Applejack stuttered "She...the mare...i..in.. your book... s..s..she.."
Twilight stopped Applejack.
Oh no... Flame Runner?? Here!? In Ponyville?! But.. Princess Celestia said..

She stopped and looked up after hearing another scream. "Go meet Fluttershy in my house, quick!!"
Applejack took off in the house's direction.
Twilight decided to round up all her friends and the elements of harmony and stop Flame Runner.

The scream happened again. It was Rarity, and she sounded terrified.
The carousel boutique was on fire.
And so were all of Rarity's dresses.

"Oh my oh my oh my! I have to put the fire out.. they... the dresses!" Rarity started.
"No time, Rarity! We need to go!!" Twilight helped Rarity out of the boutique and told her the plan.
Rarity did such and went to meet Fluttershy and Applejack.

3 down, two to go.

"Pinkie Pie!! Rainbow!! Where are you guys!?" Twilight called out.
"Help me, Twilight!!" Twilight heard Pinkie Pie's screams coming from Sugar Cube Corner.
Twilight quickly got Pinkie out, told her the plan, and she went out on her way.
But when Pinkie Pie went however, she went kinda slow.

"Pinkie, cmon! We need to hurry up!" Twilight said.
"I.. I.. can't.." Pinkie said.
With those final words, Pinkie fell to the ground.
What she also saw when she looked in Pinkie's direction, however, was Rainbow Dash.
She was stuck between fallen pieces of building, and it was slowly catching fire.

"Help me Twilight!" Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash said together

Who do I save?! Who do I help!?

With that in mind, Scootaloo quickly got Rainbow dash out of the trouble she was in, and went back to safety with the other cutie mark crusaders.
"Thank you Scootaloo!" Rainbow said.
"Rainbow! Get to my house quickly!" Twilight said, helping Pinkie up off the ground. They all went into Twilight's house and sat down.

"What in the HAY is going on here?!" Applejack said, still shocked.
"...Flame Runner...She's returned." Twilight said. "I haven't seen her yet, but i'm sure its her work."

"I'm going back out there. Please, don't follow me. Fluttershy and Pinkie are in bad shape, and I want you guys to help them."

Rainbow spoke up. "How about Applejack and Rarity stay, while I go with you. I can help you look up at the skies and see whats going on. You just got those wings, I don't think you can quite use them perfectly, no offense."
Twilight started going out the door. "Okay Rainbow. Cmon, lets go."
~~~
"Take to the skies, Rainbow! I'll see how it is down here! Try to put out as many fires as possible, and help any pony you can!" Twilight ran off.

Twilight noticed there was more fire in town hall than ever. She saw why, there was a giant mass of flame and ash at the top of the town hall, and there seemed to be a pony in the center.
"Flame Runner!!!!" Twilight screamed. "Get down here RIGHT NOW!"

The giant fireball cooled down a bit, just to a small mare.
Flame Runner had fiery red hair, and a spiky tail. She had a flame as a cutie mark, obviously. She was a brightish orange color.

"Oh Princess Twilight, how may I be of service to you?" She said sarcastically. She had such a calm toned voice.
She did a little bow.

"Why are you raining chaos on this town?! It's in total flame!"

Flame smiled. "Oh thank you, that's a very nice compliment." She did this evil laugh that drove Twilight insane.

Twilight flushed red with anger, and without thinking, shot a beam from her horn at Flame

Flame laughed and shot the beam right back at Twilight, shooting her back many feet.
She felt her strength getting weaker, and fell to the ground. Twilight knows she's too strong.

"Hahah! Do you REALLY think you can beat me? Flame Runner, the most amazing and POWERFUL unicorn EVER?!"

*Suddenly at Trixie's house*
Trixie suddenly dropped her tea she was drinking. "I have a feeling somepony stole my amazing title..."
*Back to the story*

Twilight looked up at Flame, her vision failing her.
"You.. cannot.. WIN!!!"
Twilight jumped up so suddenly, shot a beam at Flame, catching her by surprise.

The bream went around Flame, entombing her in thin air. Twilight knew this spell would only last a couple minutes, but that could buy her some time to get the elements of harmony.

Twilight barged into where her friends were sitting. "Are you all okay? Great. Lets get the elements. No time to explain, cmon lets move!!"
Everyone quickly grabbed their necklaces, and Twilight grabbed her.. big crown thingie. "NOW LETS MOVE!" Twilight yelled, running out the door.

They all arrived where Flame was once entombed, but it was too late. She was gone.
She was heading towards the rest of Ponyville, hoping to eliminate everypony in sight.

Twilight quickly ran with her friends to find Flame, and she's noticed something different. Why are her friends so ... not scared? Even Fluttershy isn't worried anymore.
Twilight stopped in her tracks. Something wasn't right.

"...Why aren't you guys... scared?" Twilight gave all of her friends a puzzling look.
Who else would it be but Fluttershy to step up and talk. "Well, Twilight, usually when something like this happens, I mean, we always end up alive and well in the end. Whats to be afraid of when we already know we'll be okay?"

Twilight doesn't want to break it to them, but she has to. "Princess Celestia herself is afraid of what is to come. This mission is more drastic than I can explain, girls. This is a life or death situation. I didn't want to tell you this, but since you aren't taking it as serious as I expected, I think its time to say it. We may not make it out of this alive. Now you understand the severity of this situation. Please, I need your full support on this. But listen, there's a new type of magic and power that Princess Celestia discovered, and she said it-"

Rainbow stood up in pride. "Well, Twi, we get it. I promise you i'll be completely serious and never give u-"
A giant flame hoof came over and smacked Rainbow backwards over a long distance, eventually smacking into a building.

"RAINBOW DASH!!!!" Everpony yelled out.

"I'm.. fine... girls... don-" The rubble of the building crumbled over Rainbow, crushing her
She wasn't moving.
Rarity starting tearing up. "Oh.. my.. Celestia."
Fluttershy stood completely still, completely in shock.
"Fluttershy..*sniff* darling.. are you.."

"How... DARE YOU!!!!" Fluttershy suddenly became completely dark as night, and eyes as red as fire. "WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?! HITTING MY BEST FRIEND LIKE THAT?!" Fluttershy tripled in size. "I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU WOULD ACTUALLY STOOP SO LOW AS TO KILL MY FRIEND, I CAN'T BE..L.. JUST.. YOU LITTLE... YOU.. LITTLE..." Fluttershy got larger. "MEANIE!!!!" Fluttershy punched Flame right dead in the face, and a large cracking sound that can probably be heard across miles, and Flame was sent flying across a very large distance. She didn't move.
She was dead.

Everpony's mouth was agape, and never could unsee what Fluttershy had done.
Twilight rubbed her hoof on Fluttershy's extremely large back hoof. "Fluttershy.."

Fluttershy slowly turned to her normal color, and became smaller.
"I'm.. sorry.. I.." Her eyes opened very large. "RAINBOW DASH!!" She ran over to Rainbow, seeing how she was above the rubble, looking shocked, but covered in blood and scars.

"F..f.." *cough* *cough* "l..luter..shy... You.. you. did.."
Fluttershy hugged Rainbow Dash
"Yes.." Fluttershy was in tears now. "I know, Rainbow I know.."

"F..Fl..fluttershy.." Rainbow started. "I.. i'm sorry.. Fluttershy..."
Fluttershy still crying, looked at her best friend. "About.. what, Rainbow?"
...
"Rainbow..?"
...
"RAINBOW DASH!?" Fluttershy shook her friend.
...
"RAINBOW DASH STAY WITH ME DON'T YOU DARE FUCKING LEAVE ME!!"
...
Fluttershy put her down, looked up at the sky, in complete shock and in tears.
"RAINBOW DASHHHHHHH!!!"
Fluttershy punched the ground so hard with her hoof, she started bleeding.

All of her friends gathered around her, exchanging tears and hugs, trying to calm down after what has just happened.

~Epilogue~

"Do you really think she's gone forever, Sister?" Luna looked at Celestia with a worried gaze.
"Yes, Lu Lu. She's gone. Forever. After Fluttershy unleashed her power apon Flame, she died. It was too powerful for her to comprehend."

Luna still looked confused. "But, Tia, She's just a feeble mare, how could she create so much.. power?"

Celestia put a hoof on Luna's shoulder. "The power of love can be a powerful thing, Lu."
~~End~~

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment