• Published 21st Sep 2013
  • 1,177 Views, 17 Comments

ApplePie Prompt Tag Group Collab! - Starswirls Beard



A collection of 100-500 word mini-fics about Applejack and Pinkie Pie, written by the many talented members of the ApplePie Group!

  • ...
1
 17
 1,177

Mane-do (Starswirls Beard)

“Now, now darling, don’t you worry about a thing. You look fabulous if I do say so myself and I do. Go on, have a look and tell me what you think!”

Applejack shuffled nervously as she turned to look in the mirror. For the hundredth time she wondered why she had subjected herself to this, and for the hundredth time she remembered what it was for. If somepony had told her even two days ago that this is what she’d be, she’d have bucked them in the teeth. Finally lifting her head to get a good look she gasped, the mare in the mirror looked as though she was ready for Manehattan high society.

Gone were the signature mane ties, the golden tresses spilled delicately over her shoulder and curled at the ends. Rose blossoms the same color as her apple trio cutie mark were woven into the strands, enhancing it’s waterfall like appearance. Gone was her beaten up stetson, in its’ place sat a laurel crown. Her coat was immaculate, and her hooves polished till they shone. She looked...lovely.

“Darling you look amazing! I really am quite good. Now, was there anything else you needed done? This is you and Pinkie’s one year anniversary, I want to help make it special.”

“Nah Rares, I think this’ll do right nicely. Pinkie is sure to be surprised.”

Walking with the fashionista to the door, she still couldn’t believe what she looked like. She imagined that this was what the princesses felt like, and almost expected to look back and see her mane floating in an unfelt breeze. Hopefully Pinkie would like it. No, she hoped Pinkie would love it.