• Published 21st Sep 2013
  • 1,178 Views, 17 Comments

ApplePie Prompt Tag Group Collab! - Starswirls Beard



A collection of 100-500 word mini-fics about Applejack and Pinkie Pie, written by the many talented members of the ApplePie Group!

  • ...
1
 17
 1,178

Gifts (Starswirls Beard)

“Are we there yet?”

“Almost, just a few more steps sugarcube.”

“Are we there now?”

“The last hundred times you asked the answer was no, this time it’s yes!” Removing the blindfold she’d placed over her marefriend’s eyes, Applejack beamed proudly.

The two stood at the highest point of Sweet Apple Acres, a small hill just at the edge of the property near the Everfree. Celestia’s sun cast it’s fading golden light over the tops of the fruit laden trees, giving the appearance of a green and red sea. Applejack had taken the liberty of setting up a picnic for the two. A red checked cloth had been carefully spread across the ground with one large laying pillow set to the side. Plates and cups were already carefully arranged and a large covered basket sat to the side, the delicious aroma of freshly baked apple pie scenting the air.

“It’s amazing Applejack!”

With a chuckle the farmer led her mare to the cushion, their coats brushing each other pleasantly as they settled. “I know Rarity’d have a fit if she knew that this is what we’re doing for our two year anniversary, but I thought you’d like the idea of being here where it all started.”

Pinkie beamed with joy. “It’s perfect.”

Removing the cloth from the basket AJ began to remove what she’d agonized over packing. Two homemade apple pies, a chilled bottle of fresh cider, and a few roses dusted with powdered sugar completed the meal. Leaning into her mare AJ took a moment to appreciate the view. The fading light was the perfect counterpoint to Pinkie’s soft smile. The gentle rustle of tree leaves and the sounds of nature made it all the better. There wasn’t ever going to be a moment better than this. Looking out at the fields she tended everyday, she took a deep breath and began.

“You know we’ve been together for a while now sugar cube, and I don’t know a better time than now to ask—”

“Mmf, thish ish delishish!”

Applejack paled. She really hoped that sound wasn’t what she thought it was. Slowly looking over at her sweet lovable pink menace, she couldn’t fight the shudder that made it’s way through her body.

“What’s wrong Jackie? That was great!” Reflecting like a beacon of hopelessness, was an empty pie tin.
“Pinkie, did you even chew that pie?”

“Nope! Why?”

With a gulp, Applejack tried and failed to calm her racing heart. “Because in it was Granny Smith’s wedding earrings…”

“You mean, you were gonna…?”

“Eeyup.”

“And I just…?”

“Eeyup.” Applejack wasn’t prepared for the tackle the pushed the two rolling over the blanket.

“Oh yes Jackie, yes! I’d love become an Apple! This is the best anniversary gift ever!”

With a chuckle AJ helped Pinkie to her hooves. “I’m glad you like the gift, now let’s go get it outta ya’.”