• Published 21st Sep 2013
  • 1,344 Views, 34 Comments

Daughter of Do: Parallel Paths - PastelBacon



This is the story of Daphne Do, and The Life of Scootaloo. Different life, one path... two paths... two paths that are one... parallel paths.

  • ...
3
 34
 1,344

Chapter 1: Adventure of Daphne

==FLASHBACK==

Daphne was in disbelief.

She was frozen in place.

What was she to do? She looked over at her mother.

Her mother wasn't moving or breathing.

"Mommy! Mommy! Wake up mommy!" Daphne said tearing up.

Her mom, Daring, her mom's corpse lay on the ground, lifeless.

"Mommy please wake up!" Daphne said, trying to wake her mother up, but to no avail.

After about 10 minutes of trying, she gave up.

She said to herself crying

"Mommy..... is gone." said Daphne.

Daphne spent about an hour burying her mother.

"Mommy... why.... why now.... just why...." Daphne said, her voice slowly losing life.

Daphne realized she could do nothing and with her final goodbye to her mother, she took a pendant her mother had that had her own name on it, reading Daphne Do , and she then walked off, to go on a journey of her own.

==Present==

Daphne was very skinny. It was horrendous to look at her because of how skinny she was. She was bullied to no end by other fillies and colts, and ridiculed by mares and stallions. She was beaten up many times on her journey but never stopped trying to find somewhere to live. She had to be strong, it's what her mother would have wanted. She couldn't let these beatings, physical and mental, get to her, she was the daughter of Daring Do, who no matter what situation she was in, never lost hope, and always found a way out, she knew that she was capable of doing it as well.

She come to a stop when she saw a sign that read Welcome to Ponyville.

She thought to herself, finally breaking after all the abuse and punishment she took

Why am I stopping here? Im only going to be spat on and hurt like usual. Im nothing like my mother, she is probably ashamed of me. I don't deserve to be here.

Despite this she went forward with what little strength she had left. It was very early in the morning, nopony was up at this hour. She went through the town, all asleep, before coming to a path of a dirt road. She followed it and found another sign after travelling down the path for a good amount of time. This sign read, Sweet Apple Acres.

Daphne looked around. This was obviously a farm, and by looking at the trees, not just any farm, the trees along with the sign, pointed out the obvious. She was in an apple farm.

Daphne hadn't eaten real food in 3 years. Surviving off of what little junk she could find she did something she never thought she would do. Even with what little strength she had she was able to pull of a simple technique her mother taught her, and managed to silently grab about 6 apples, and put them in her small pouch.

Looking forward at the farm she knew that she couldn't go inside for the risk of waking up the inhabitants.

She then turned to walk away but it began to rain. She looked for somewhere she could go and spotted a small treehouse.

She ran as fast as her remaining strength would allow her to, and she opened the door of the treehouse, which was empty.

She closed the door and collapsed on the floor.

Reaching inside of her pouch she pulled out an apple to eat it.

She took a small bite and let out a small moan of pleasure, the apple was the best food she could remember ever having.

Just then the door flew open. Daphne didn't know how somepony found her, but then she looked closely. She had been bleeding and left a trail of blood leading up to... right where she was laying down.

She thought she must have cut herself when she did the technique her mother taught her. She then looked closer at the pony in the door. It was an orange mare with droopy eyes, obviously they had been awaken by something, and she had a blonde mane. Before Daphne could say anything or even move, the orange mare opened her mouth in shock.

"What in tarnation?!? THIEF!!!" the mare said.

Before Daphne could open up her mouth to respond and try to reason with the mare, the mare stomped her hoof down and proceeded to talk again.

"GO ON, GIT YA LIL' VARMIT!" the mare shouted.

Daphne took this as a sign of the orange mare becoming a threat and she knew even if she was in peak condition she wouldn't have been able to take this mare on in a fight, so she knew if she stayed she might die if the mare got hostile. So she threw her pouch down with the apples she had collected, knowing if she didn't the mare would probably follow her. She then ran, with a new burst of energy, from the bite of apple she had taken, and due to being more scared than she could ever remember. Normally she wasn't scared when she was confronted, but after the abuse she had taken she didn't have the bravery anymore.

She ran and ran and ran and ran until she reached the entrance not of the farm, but all the way to where the sign she had first saw when she had come upon Ponyville. As she was about to make a break from the small town her legs wobbled underneath her and her vision got blurry. She started waving around, almost as a drunken mare or stallion would, lost her balance and then...

...Collapsed.

Darkness.

Her mind was still open.

Am I dead? Is this what it feels like to be dead? Is this what mommy was feeling? Mommy where are you? Dead... Mommy? Mommy? I love you mommy. I love you......

Her thoughts then went into darkness as well.

End Part 1