• ...
5
 6
 2,727

Chapter 5 Resolutions

Chapter 5
Resolutions


The next morning Twilight woke up bright and early before anyone else in the library and began to draft her letter to the princesses.



“Dear Princesses Celestia and Luna,

As you might have noticed a few of my friends and I went missing about three weeks ago after that strange meteor landed at Sweet Apple Acres. The seven of us have returned and as far as I can tell we're all in fairly good shape. Although while we were gone we saw some rather interesting sights. Its as if we had been pulled into another world not unlike Equestria but still different it seemed like another race of creatures was the dominant species a race known as humans.


In that world it seemed like things were largely similar to the world as we know it. There were wars and weapons but at the same time there were also people who were dragged into the machinations of corrupt individuals. Due to the actions of one man who's name I'll leave out for purposes of protecting myself from having to relive my interactions with him, the world was drawn into an outbreak of zombies which were under the control of the spirit of the a young girl named Samantha who the man was responsible for murdering by trapping her and her father with the zombie infected version of her prized pet dog.


During our time there we met three other soldiers who were drawn in to the mad scientist's schemes each one sounding like had they been ponies they would have easily come from their own parts of the world. The first a marine from the United States, a place not unlike the continent around Ponyville. He even made references to locations who's names are direct parallels to some of the more well known cities like Manhattan their version of Manehattan. His name is Tank Dempsey, I’m almost sure that the tank part isn't his real name more of a nickname he used. If he were a pony I'd imagine he'd blend in fairly well although he'd be an Earth pony and would have probably been in the royal guard during the second World War. Granting his profuse knowledge of firearms I wouldn't be surprised if his cutie mark would have been a Thompson Sub-machine Gun laid over an M16 forming a crossbones pattern over a dismembered Zombie head.


The next one would have most certainly been at home among the upper class families in Staliongrad. As Rarity will attest he knew many of the political ins and outs of that society according to what she'd told me he had a very aggressive streak having allegedly killed several of his prior wives once their usefulness to his political advancement had ended this lead him to be sent out onto the front lines by his superiors and was what resulted in his deployment to the Swamp facility where he met with Dempsey and the others. His name was Nikolai Belinski he was well mannered and a strong fighter in spite of reeking of alcohol most of the time. According to Rarity behind his booze soaked exterior he was honestly remorseful for his actions, he was just a victim of changing times in his worlds politics.


Then from a land not unlike those around Pokyo came a soldier named Takeo Masaki he was an honor bound warrior of the highest caliber. According to what I’ve heard from the Apple Sisters he was raised in a small urban farming community not unlike Ponyville where his family farmed rice until he and several of his family members were drafted into military service. He was a strong and virtuous man although his search for honor caused him to involve himself in things that most of those with reason would have avoided.



They had all been dragged into the twisted experiments of a collective known as Group 935 and specifically those of a man named Dr Richtofen...” her writing trailed off as she thought of the things she'd read and seen at the factory, the animal testing, the radio recordings that logged the demise of Dr Maxis and another scientist who committed suicide after hearing of another outbreak at a distant facility.



After taking a few moments to collect her thoughts about him she continued:

“He was the living definition of a mad scientist, according to a personal log journal I snatched away from him during out time interned within a vault in the bowels of an abandoned lighthouse I read of the sadistic behavior he conducted during the time he spent both during and before the war. He conducted lobotomies, amputations, biopsies and all sorts of other procedures on his victims all without the aid of anesthesia. He relished in the pain he dealt to those he tortured, the delight he displayed in these acts would be beyond measure. But if you twisted my fore hoof i'd probably say it lies on the same level as my fixation on reading and studying before I left the castle. Although that being said I cant say that his behavior would be justified by his isolation. Instead his actions justified his isolation as he sunk further into insanity spured on by his superiors in the Nazi Party. and within Group 935 he grew more and more twisted as he spent time around them and more importantly in proximity to concentrated amounts of Element 115. it was this element that was responsible for the technological feats my friends and I witnessed from Sniper rifles that fired explosive hollow point bullets to high voltage Tesla rifles. Element 115 based on my studies was used by Group 935 to not only create these weapons but Mass Transit teleport systems with the intent on using them to further the war effort in favor of the Nazi powers. The problem was the raw element like that present in the meteor can cause mental disruptions in certain individuals and being exposed to the raw energy of the Element in a refined state has the potential to reanimate dead bodies generating a phenomena in them that lead to a world wide Zombie outbreak. The main contriubuter to this was a young girl who the doctor was responsible for killing a girl named Samantha Maxis. She was the daughter of the lab director who headed the projects at the Factory compound known as Der Riese or “The Giant.”.



Dr Maxis was a well meaning scientist who was attempting to use the collected assets from Group 935 to advance technology and help better human kind. But then when the experiments began to go south he decided to attempt to use the zombies as a way to satisfy the demands of his superiors by attempting controlled brain washing. The process failed and several of their other facilities were over ran by the hordes leaving Der Riese and the weapons developed there as their only line of defense. One such experiment with a live subject being sent through the teleporter system would lead to the death of both Samantha and her father.



According to some audio logs that Rainbow Dash found around the facility they used Samantha's pet dog Fluffy as a test subject in the teleporter and when she came out in a zombified and feral state Richtofen used that as his moment to strike locking them in the test chamber with the monstrous animal now known as a Hellhound and left them to die. Himself taking the teleporter to one of their other facilities where he eventually met up with those who I mentioned earlier.


All of that depressing business aside though it was quite an interesting adventure and it was kind of fun interacting with the survivors it has actually caught my interest in studying humans as a society and a race. Such a broad range of characteristics different languages, different cultures, it almost makes me consider what Equestria would have been like had it been settled by humans as opposed to pony kind.


On a side note during our time in that other world we encountered a device that was able to transform Applejack into a human and I later used my magic to emulate the effects of it and apply it to the whole group due to us landing in a less than pony friendly jungle setting. Maybe it could be used in that study. Naturally I wouldn't do something like that without proper clearance from you and Luna as it would require me to convert a large test group into human form for an accurate study.


I apologize for the profuse length of this letter but catching you up on what amounts to three weeks of absence on behalf of my friends and myself its hard to shrink that down into a short summery.


Your faithful student

Twilight Sparkle.”




As she finished writing and rolled up the three scroll long letter in preparation for having it sent away as soon as Spike woke up.



The End

Comments ( 3 )

10997 we could easily say it happened during the discordian times before Celestia and Luna took over

To author. Y U NO KEEP RICHTOFEN ALIVE!?!?

Login or register to comment