• Published 18th Sep 2013
  • 1,358 Views, 19 Comments

Equus Magi Twilight Magica - Dragonfire2lm



Twilight Sparkle makes new friends and discovers the world of Magical Filles and Night Mares. Puella Magi Madoka Magica/MLP FiM Crossover

  • ...
3
 19
 1,358

Wish Upon A Celestia

"Who are you?" Twilight asked.

"My name is Celestia and I am a Messenger of Miracles," the filly replied.

"But you're a pony! And you have wings and a horn, how is that possible?" Twilight exclaimed.

"Uh Twilight, that night mare we saw had wings and a horn," Rainbow stated.

"While that is true, Most night mares often look like things that are seen as frightening, unnatural or even demonic in the eyes of ponies" Celestia stated. "I, on the other hoof, am a Messenger of Miracles, my wings and horn represent my power,"

"If you have so much power to begin with, then why don't you defeat the night mares yourself?" Twilight asked.

"You see Twilight, my job is make contracts with females of your species, so I can collect the energy produced when they defeat a night mare in order to counteract Entropy," Celestia explained.

"Huh?" Rainbow asked.

"The energy used in the universe greatly outweighs the amount being created, because of this, the universe is slowly dying. My species have devoted ourselves to combating this, and we found that the emotional output of ponies, young females in particular, are exempt from the force of Entropy," Celestia stated. "Night Mares feed off of the emotional energy of ponies, their hopes and dreams, because they are made from sorrow, anger, hatred and despair, and in the process, curse their target, causing murders, suicides and all manner of crimes,"

"So then why create Magical Fillies?" Twilight asked.

"Because the night mare needs to be killed in order for me to harvest the emotional energy it gathered throughout its life. The process of transforming young mares such as yourselves, into Magical Fillies also produces energy that I can harvest to combat Entropy," the filly replied. "So it's only logical that in return for granting any wish, Magical Fillies go out and defeat Night Mares, enabling me to harvest the needed energy,"

"It also means that we save a lot of lives by defeating night mares," Fluttershy added.

"Any wish, Seriously?" Rainbow asked.

"But of course, any wish, any miracle I can grant. The one thing you desire most, I can give you, if you make a contract with me" the filly said.

"That sounds so awesome!" the blue pegasus exclaimed.

"Now hold on a minute Rainbow, this isn't all fun an' games Ya' hear," Applejack interrupted. "Ya need to be sure about your wish, the one thing you'll be trading your very soul for, it's not a walk in the park and there's a lot of work involved, ya have to be absolutely sure about what you want."

"Couldn't I just wish for more wishes?" Rainbow replied.

"I'm afraid not," Celestia stated. "My kind are physically incapable of granting such a wish, I believe it has something to do with the way our magic works and binding it to a life form. We can only grant one wish per Magical Filly we create because any more would destroy our life's essence."

"Aw..." Rainbow pouted.

"What did you two wish for?" Twilight asked and faced the two Magical Fillies in the room.

"I...Um I sort made my wish on a whim..." Fluttershy admitted sheepishly. "Angel got attacked by a timberwolf and I used my wish to bring him back...."

"While Fluttershy's wish ain't the best example ta go off, you two need to understand that not everypony gets a choice when it comes to makin' a wish," Applejack stated.

"Ok then, what happened when you made your wish?" Twilight asked.

"It was shortly after Ma' an' Pa died, I was just old enough to do some chores an' Big Mac had to pick up finishing the harvest....We had ta spend our savings on hired workers that year and then...." Applejack explained and paused to regain her composure.

"Applebloom got sick..."

***

A much younger Applebloom, barely older than a toddler, was in a bed inside the apple family's home. She was sweating profusely and shivers wracked her small form. Standing over with concern etched upon their faces was the rest of her kin, Big Macintosh, in the midst of a growth spurt that matched his name, Granny Smith, looking a little less ancient and Applejack. The young filly wore her father's brown stetson on her head, only moving to use a hoof to push it up when it fell over her eyes.

"What do we do Granny?" the orange filly asked.

"I don't know youngin', we can't afford a hospital bill or a doctor..." the family matriarch replied. "All we can do now is hope she sweats this out..."

"Eeyup..." Big Mac solemnly added.

"But there jus' has ta be somethin'! After what happened to Ma an Pa...It's not fair!" Applejack exclaimed in a mix of sorrow and galloped out of the house.

The young pony ran out into her family's orchard, past apple tress, zap apple tress and past the fields used for growing other crops. Finally, she came to a stop at a hill where a large old oak tree grew, surrounded by different kinds of wildflowers. In front of the tree were two mounds of raised earth and a headstone before each of them.

Applejack said nothing as she sat down in front of the graves, her eyes looked ahead on what remained of her beloved parents. Tears prickled at her eyes and she sniffed.

"F-first you two leave us an', an' now Applebloom is gonna leave as well! Ah don't want her too! why did you hav' to go an die? we could've been one big happily family...." she sobbed.

"Ah don't wanna be alone...."

***

"An' that was when this here filly appeared," Applejack explained. "Ah was so desperate that ah made mah wish without thinking, 'course Applebloom got better, but then Ah to fight Night Mares along with doing farm work. It was hard, an' there were a few times that ah almost didn't make it back from a fight. Ah learned things the hard way fer most of it."

"But it's not all bad right?" Twilight asked.

"Nah, ah get ta save ponies of course. Once ah found out Rarity was a Magical Filly too, things got a little easier," the farm pony elaborated.

"Rarity's a magical filly too?" Rainbow asked.

"Yup, she taught me an' Pinkie Pie taught her, at least that's what she told me, Ah've never seen the girl in action though, heck ah don't think ah've seen her transform either.." Applejack replied.

"How come there are so many magical fillies in Ponyville anyway?" Twilight asked.

"Well, Ponyville is close to the Everfree forest and lots of Night Mares hide in there until they're ready to hunt for innocent ponies," Fluttershy explainned. "And the forest itself covers a lot of area too, so it's easy for night mares to hide in there and let their familiars do the work."

"Cause of that, it's easier for a group of magical fillies ta patrol small towns and pathways leading ta big cities like Canterlot and rescue ponies that have been cursed or hunt down night mares on the run," Applejack added.

"All of this talk of magical fillies and night mares sounds amazing," Twilight said. "But I don't know what to wish for..."

"Yeah, only getting one wish makes it kinda hard to decide" Rainbow agreed.

"There's no need to rush," Celestia said. "You both have the potential to become magical fillies."

"Take your time deciding, once ya make a contract, ya can't go back," Applejack warned.

"If you want an idea of what we do, maybe you'd like to come with us on our next night mare hunt?" Fluttershy offered.

"Are you sure Fluttershy? I don't want to be a burden or anything..." Twilight said.

"The more the merrier ah say," Applejack said. "At least this way ya can be absolutely sure of what you want ta do."

***

The next day, Twilight met up with Rainbow outside the apple family's barn. The blue pegasus had a pair of goggles on her head and a baseball bat tucked under a wing.

"Hi Rainbow, what's that for?" Twilight asked, pointing a hoof at the bat.

"Protection, what else?"

"But we're only going to be watching the fights, not participating," Twilight stated.

"So what? It doesn't mean I won't need something to smack a few familiars with...ya know, in case Applejack's barrier fails or something," Rainbow said.

"Morning Twi', RD!" Applejack called as she walked up to them from the farm house. "Fluttershy can't make it today, what with the bunny census around the corner an' all, so it's just you an' me".

"Morning Applejack" Twilight greeted. "So what are we doing today?"

"The three of us are goin' ta be patrolling the town and checking ta see if anypony has signs of bein' cursed, then we follow them ta the night mare responsible an' finish it once an' for all," Applejack explained then looked quizically at the bat Rainbow had with her. "What's tha' for?"

"Protection," the pegasus declared.

"Ok...."

***

In a small record store in Ponyville's market district, a small, round black seed sat on top of a pile of vinyl records, engraved on it was a musical note with bat wings. It pulsated slightly before exploding into a plume of black mist and red energy that filled the entire shop.

"Sbuw! Sbuw!" the voice of a newly hatched night mare cried from within the smoke. "Mogu mogu kcajelppa! Hehehehe!".

Author's Note:

As usual thanks to TimeLord_Whooces for editing.

I made Celestia a 'messenger of miracles' instead of a 'messenger of magic' like Kyubey for a simple reason-magic already exists in Equestria. Celestia is also slighly more expressive than the incubator as she can feel emotions, but is more distant than a pony, she's a different species than the girls, she just looks like a pony.

I actually had to go onto the Madoka Magica Wiki to give myself a refresher on the concept of entrpoy used the anime.

I hate writing Applejack's dialouge....

I know it's a fair bit shorter than the last couple of chapters but I said I might not be able to keep the length consistant.

LAST MINUTE EDIT: I mispelled 'mogu mogu' but since that from memory I had to look it up to see if i got it right...Anyway for a clue as to what that means please see here

It's also a hint for what's to come....if you can work it out.