• Published 14th Sep 2013
  • 1,943 Views, 7 Comments

Celestia's Chosen - Yosh-E-O



The telling of how not just Twilight Sparkle has a uniquely special dragon assistant and how these other dragons have their own, unique, special missions to improve upon the wondrous land of Equestria

  • ...
28
 7
 1,943

Chapter 4: Yosh and Dawnbreak Horizon (Advent to Adventure)

As Tacki and Lucky Find set off on their quest to unite ponies and dragons, Yosh and Dawnbreak Horizon headed for lands unknown. Their mission was to see if further friendships, alliances, and/or trade agreements could be made with those countries whose borders were far beyond those of Equestria.

"Seek out Zecora within the Everfree Forest," guided Princess Celestia. "Little is known of where she is from and it is time we found out."

Dawnbreak was eager to prove himself to the princess and took the first train straight to Ponyville. Twilight Sparkle had yet to move here by this point, so there was little ado about his arrival beyond a crazed, pink pony with a "Party Cannon" insisting he let her give him a proper, Ponyville welcome.

After miraculously giving Pinkie Pie the slip, Yosh and Dawnbreak Horizon happened upon Fluttershy. She was very excited about the strange "duck" who accompanied Dawnbreak. However, she suddenly lost interest as the two two headed straight into the Everfree Forest.

As expected, various creatures and traps attempted to hinder the forward progress of Yosh and Dawnbreak Horizon. However, the pair was ready with a variety of magical tools coupled with Dawnbreak's advanced knowledge of magic and monsters.

It wasn't long until they came upon the home of a zebra named Zecora. She spoke in rhymes and riddles, but it was pretty easy to make out how she felt about ponies. Those within nearby Ponyville never seemed to be around when she would venture into town to buy supplies. At first she thought the town had been abandoned, but further investigation revealed it was a thriving city in which, for whatever reason, feared her.

This was Dawnbreak's big chance. He explained to Zecora that he and Yosh would journey to her homeland and make relations with the zebra who lived there. Zecora seemed pleased, but she didn't really explain why she never bothered to return to her homeland despite her poor treatment by the Equestrian ponies.

As Dawnbreak prepared to disembark for Zecora's homeland, Yosh felt a connection between himself and Zecora. After all, like her, they both were seemingly misunderstood for who they were and how looked.

"A dragon in diapers others may see, she told Yosh. "But those who care will come to know you for more. Indeed."

Yosh felt comforted by her rhymes and kind demeanor. He wished they could've stayed just one more day to get to know her better. However, Dawnbreak was ready to go and when Dawnbreak was ready, he was READY.

Yosh waved farewell to Zecora as Dawnbreak used his magic to take the simple form and appearance of an Earth Pony. He knew the best offense was a good defense, or disguise in this case.

What would Dawnbreak Horizon and Yosh find beyond the Everfree Forest? Would Dawnbreak ever be able to understand that Yosh didn't purposely wet and/or mess himself? Would Yosh ever get to do more than be a scribe who hid in the bushes? Would the duo safely reach Zecora's homeland? These answers, and more, are up to you as the story of Celestia's Chosen continues...