• Published 10th Sep 2013
  • 1,079 Views, 15 Comments

That One Human - Spin Art



Gabby discovers that one of her classmates is definitely not from here.

  • ...
2
 15
 1,079

The Girl with Cyan Green Hair

Down the hallway of crowds, I headed down to my next class, Bible. It was just after lunch, my belly was full. Lorena was walking by me. It seemed we were on hurry since the bell was about to ring.

"I told you we should have left then! If we waited any longer Pastor Fred was going to mark us tardy!" I adjusted my gray beanie. We stopped by our classroom where everyone seemed to be hanging out.

"I'm sorry!" Lorena brayed.

"Hey guys!" Sarah came over. Another girl walked over, it was my best friend Marijke. She had really short brunette hair. It was short that it was a guy's hair cut. She was a bit shorter in height than Sarah, but the two were tall.

"Hi!" Marijke chirped with her high pitched voice then walked over to give me a hug. She was fluffy enough for hugs.

"Why, you so fluffy...."

"NO!" Marijke pushed me away, "I'm not fluffy!"

I gave her the hardest frown that I could do. On top of that, I also gave her big puppy eyes. Marijke shrugged and hugged me once more.

The bell rung. Everyone got up and crowded the door. It grew loud. The teacher wasn't even here yet. What's the deal?! I checked the entrance to see if he was coming yet, but down the hall was Karly. Behind her was a girl I haven't seen on campus yet. She had light colored skin and from here, does she have green hair?!

How did she get her hair approved? I asked myself. UCA didn't accept "wild" hair. All they accepted was natural colored hair. The "crazier" can it get was that you can dye your hair red. That is it. "Guys, who is that?"

"Haven't you heard?" Sarah tried to remind me slowly, "she's a new Sophomore. I mean, she arrived here today. She is a village student." A village student is a person who lives off campus.

"Oh, no wonder why I haven't seen her," Lorena remarked as she stared at her. Karly came up to us.

"Hey guys."

"Hey, do you know the new girl's name?" I asked her.

"Umm. I heard it was Lyra. She just came to UCA this morning. That's all I know."

"HOW DID SHE GET HER HAIR APPROVED THOUGH!?" I whispered loudly, hoping that someone would answer. Everyone around me shrugged. I sighed and kept staring at her. She stood with our group. I guess she is in our Bible class. Where was her backpack even?

The second bell rang. Where was the teacher?! We are all late! I have a slight tendency to be early on time. Back home my parents would take me to school late. I really want to be early. Everyone around me didn't seem to complain while I'm here fuming. Down the hall came the teacher, Pastor Fred. The crowd parted as he came by to unlock the door.


"Gabby." Pastor Fred called and looked up. I raised my hand.

"Here."

"Karly."

"Here."

"And... Lyra Heartstrings?" Pastor Fred looked around for Lyra. Lyra Heartstrings? But that's a pony from the show isn't it? I looked around the classroom. She sat on the other side of the classroom. Her cyan green hair was different from the rest of us. Her golden contact eyes dazed around the room. She smiled as she played with her thumbs. Lyra must be very entertained.

I shook my head in disappointment. The girl must have forgotten that this was school, not some brony convention. To be practical, cosplay is cool but not in your everyday life such as school. This "Lyra" was pretty good at acting like her.

"I'm here!" the girl waved happily.

"Like pulling my heartstrings, huh?" Pastor Fred joked. Lyra nodded.

I sighed and chose to ignore my problem and continued throughout the day.
-----

School was over. Lorena and I were in our room once again. We were just chilling out while listening to Clarity by Zedd. Somebody knocked on our door once again. This time I got up to answer the door. I opened the door and to my surprise there stood the dean and Lyra.

"So this is one of the rooms here," explained the dean, "and these girls are in your class, right?" Lyra thought slowly and tried to picture my face and Lorena's. She began to smile.

"Why yes! Yes, I do remember them! I take Bible with the both of them and take Health with her," Lyra pointed at me.

"Yup, you're right." I responded. "Do you have any classes with me in the morning?"

"I'm not sure, I have PE first, English, ... and Geometry."

"Only one class then," I added. I had English with her. Her eyes scanned the room and then saw the ponies on my desk. With a gasp, she pointed and quickly walked over to the desk. "Those are mine."

"How are you so interested in ponies? I mean, they walk on their fours, how boring! As for us, we walk on two feet! Now THAT'S impressive!" I stared at her if she was crazy. As a brony, I would like to be a pony thank you very much! "Now, how did you get these little statues of my friends? That's a little creepy."

I kept staring at her. What a weird cosplayer. A typical brony would have gone bonkers and start declaring the owner brony. (Which I do to almost anyone.) This girl was really good at being Lyra.

"Well, Lyra and Gabby, we can chat later," the dean interrupted. She was about to shut the door.

"Wait what are you guys doing?" I asked.

"Oh, I'm just taking Lyra on a tour here to see if she wants to live here sometime."

I replied with an inaudible "Oh." The dean finally closed the door. I kept staring at the door in confusion for a while. Lorena looked over her shoulder to see why I haven't moved yet.

"Hey Gabby, are you okay? Did she insult your ponies?"

"No, no! That's not the thing!" I went ahead of my thoughts. I turned around to face her. Lorena was so lost that she seemed a little sad. So I explained my thoughts to her. Slowly it made sense to her.

"Okay then," she finally came to a conclusion. I threw my hat on our green little table and rolled onto my bed.