• Published 4th Sep 2013
  • 7,195 Views, 60 Comments

Scootaloo's Distant Secret - Brownies13



Scootaloo has a secret that know one knows of. Its gone unquestioned till now.

  • ...
13
 60
 7,195

Crusading and Investigating

Crusading and Investigating

Apple Bloom twiddled her hooves as she waited for the rest of the CMC to arrive. Should I tell Sweetie Belle? She thought. Apple Bloom continued to pace around the room.

“So how was your weekend?” a familiar voice asked.

“Great! Rainbow Dash taught me some lessons on flying. I'm able to get some wind now. She said soon enough I'd be flying with her!” another pony exclaimed excitedly.

The two pair known as Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo entered the clubhouse. Apple Bloom waved to both of them.

“How was your weekend, Apple Bloom?” asked Sweetie Belle.

The yellow earth pony was hoping to hear two voices but found only Sweetie Belle was looking at her. She looked over to find Scootaloo staring off into the distance.

“Fine. Ah' bucked apples with Apple Jack,” - Apple Bloom looked at Scootaloo - , “and Big Macintosh.”

Scootaloo still avoided Apple Bloom's gaze and instead turned to Sweetie, “So what are we crusading for?”

“How about hot air balloon flyers?” Sweetie Belle suggested.

“Ain't got a hot air balloon, Sweetie Belle,” Apple Bloom said. “Those cost money.”

“How about Cutie Mark Crusader Skaters!” Scootaloo exclaimed excitedly.

“Do you have more than one scooter?” asked Sweetie Belle. Scootaloo simply shook her head.

“How 'bout Cutie Mark Crusaders Bunny Carers?” Apple Bloom asked. Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo nodded. After all, that was the only probable idea at the moment. They set off towards Fluttershy's cottage in hopes of a successful day.

When they arrived at Fluttershy's home they knocked on the door hoping for an answer.

“Yes?” came the shaky voice of Fluttershy.

“Heya' Fluttershy, we were wondering if we could maybe try for a cutie mark at your place,” Apple Bloom said. “You have so many animals after all.”

“Oh sure girls,” Fluttershy responded. “But um, if you don't mind, what cutie mark do you want to try for?”

“A bunny carer cutie mark!” all CMC members exclaimed in unison.

“Ok,” Fluttershy said. “Just remember to be gentle. . .”

All the CMC were already half way through the door and after the bunnies.

“Girls uh. . .wait don't. . .oh but you need to be. . .” Fluttershy tried to say as the fillies ran around. “Girls!”

All of the CMC stopped in their tracks and sat down lined up in front of Fluttershy.

“Now that I got your attention,” -Fluttershy fluttered over- “you must be very gentle with bunnies. They aren't like you. They need lots of cuddling.”

“And you must always make sure they're comfortable. If they are hungry they may not listen. Oh, and please try to keep them clean. They just took a bath.”

After Fluttershy's lecture about bunnies the crusaders all nodded their heads and went after the bunny they wanted most.

Sweetie Belle absolutely loved bunnies. She cuddled, groomed, and fed her bunny. She loved the feel of their fur and how they looked so innocent and adorable.

Apple Bloom took a grey and white speckled bunny and sat down with it. She caressed its fur. As she gently groomed the little bunny, she fed him carrots and giggled.

Scootaloo on the other hoof was having trouble. She picked up a plain brown bunny with white ears and paws. Immediately she held the bunny up high and saw its underneath. The teeth were the worst. If you ever look under a bunny, don't be surprised to lose a lot of affection for their cuteness. When Scootaloo looked underneath this bunny, all she saw was a vicious, pony-eating bunny who didn't care about any pony.

Scootaloo immediately dropped the bunny and backed away. Surprised, the three other ponies in the cottage looked at Scootaloo oddly.

“Its vicious! Those teeth! Those bunnies will attack any pony alive!” Scootaloo exclaimed.

“Oh please,” Sweetie Belle said while rolling her eyes. “Scootaloo these little guys couldn't harm a thing.”

“Thats what you think!” Scootaloo exclaimed, “They're just waiting to take over us all!”

“Ugh. Scootaloo, they're harmless,” Apple Bloom stated.

“I'm telling you, Apple Bloom. Those things are vicious!” Scootaloo said.

A smile crept on her face as Scootaloo said her name. Maybe Scootaloo is starting to forgive me.

Sweetie Belle however wasn't smiling happily like Apple Bloom. A sly grin had crept onto her face.

“Well what about this!”Sweetie Belle threw a bunny at Scootaloo. Scootaloo jumped out of the way screaming. As for Fluttershy, she flew around trying to catch bunnies as a bunny war played out in her cottage.

“Stop it, Sweetie Bel-”

At that moment a bunny hit her face.

“ Oh your going to get it, Sweetie Belle,” Scootaloo said as she tossed Apple Bloom's speckled bunny at Sweetie Belle.

“Hey, don't throw my bunny!” Apple Bloom exclaimed as she threw a bunny at Scootaloo.

“All of you stop it!” Fluttershy exclaimed.

The room fell silent. Ponies were frozen in place with bunnies ready to toss.

“All of you, place the bunnies down,” Fluttershy said, “ and come over here.”

Fluttershy was panting from flying around so much. The fillies sat down and paid attention to Fluttershy.

“We're. . .we're sorry Fluttershy we just got. . . excited,” Sweetie Belle said.

“I know you did,” Fluttershy agreed. “But you got way too excited. I think that was enough bunny caring for today though.”

The fillies looked at their flanks really quickly hoping they'd see a cutie mark. Instead, it was just bare. The fillies drooped their heads and left.
________________________________________________________________________________________________

The CMC headed to Sugarcube Corner for some sweets. They all sat and had strawberry,chocolate,and vanilla milkshakes. They also ordered some cupcakes. Scootaloo got an extra for free.

As they left Sugarcube Corner, they found to strikingly familiar faces they weren't happy to see. Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon began walking towards the CMC.

“Oh look, Silvy. It's the three blank flanks!” Diamond Tiara exclaimed.

“I'm surprised they aren't embarrassed of their group,” Silver Spoon began.

“What does that mean?” Sweetie Belle asked on edge.

“Oh I thought you knew,” Diamond began. “Considering you all have blank flanks. But whats more you carry around a chicken!”

“Oh really?” - Scootaloo began while hovering- “Then what is this?”

She began hovering higher and higher into the sky beating her wings strongly. She knew she couldn't move forward so she just tried proving them wrong by hovering into the sky. She got to a cloud and landed gracefully on it. Then she glided down to the ground, satisfied with herself.

The two bullies just stood there astonished.

“Well your. . . still blank flanks!” Diamond tried as a last ditch effort.

After that the two fillies ran off embarrassed of there wrong.

“Wow, Scootaloo that was awesome!” Sweetie Belle and Apple Bloom exclaimed.

“Really? Thanks!” Scootaloo beamed at her friends.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________

They walked to the CMC clubhouse.

"What do we want to try earning tomorrow?" Scootaloo asked.

"I don't know we could try being dancers!" Sweetie Belle offered.

"I think i've had enough dancing for my life," Apple Bloom said.

"Ok well what else?" Sweetie Belle asked.

The CMC thought for a bit. Although, it seemed they weren't getting any ideas.

"Well I'm not getting any bright ideas so I think I'm going to head home," Scootaloo said. "I'm sure we'll know something tomorrow."

"Ok bye, Scootaloo," the two cutie mark crusaders said.

Scootaloo headed home. Her eyes were still bright and a huge smile was on her face, but her wings drooped.

When Scootaloo left, Apple Bloom asked, “Did she say anything about me? You know, before our CMC meeting this morning.”

“Who?” Sweetie Belle asked.

“Scootaloo,” Apple Bloom said.

“Oh. Not much,” Sweetie Belle began, “but she did seem a bit avoid-ant to talk about you.”

“Oh ok,” Apple Bloom said.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Scootaloo sat on her bed while eating the cupcake and extra carrots she had gotten from today. She felt bad for asking, but Fluttershy kindly gave her some carrots to keep. As Scootaloo finished up, she smiled at the thought of today's events. She laid down looking at her mother's cutie mark. Maybe I will have a cutie mark that cool.She thought. After all I got very high today when I hovered. As she thought about these events she slowly drifted into a deep sleep.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Rainbow Dash entered the library and immediately began looking for a book of family records. She looked around at all the names in the S section. She hoped to find information on Scootaloo's past and why she had acted the way she did today. As she got to the Sco section, she was disappointed to find that the page had been ripped out and Scootaloo was not on the next page.

“Darn it!” Rainbow exclaimed.

Twilight surprised by the outburst, entered to see Rainbow actually reading a book other than “Daring Do”.

“Well Dash, this is a surprise, isn't it?” Twilight stated.

Startled by the unexpected voice, Rainbow closed the book subtly.

She put away the book and said, “I was researching about something when I found a ripped out page where the fact was supposed to be.”

“Oh I'm sorry Rainbow Dash,” Twilight apologized. “Unfortunately, I don't know everything in every book so I won't be able to tell you.”

“Thats alright, Twilight.” - Rainbow began walking towards the door - “Well i'll be on my way.”

And with that last notation, she left the library. Twilight watched as Rainbow left. Why did Rainbow have such an urge to know of this fact? Plus, Rainbow did seem to not tell her much about it either. Twilight walked over to the shelf where the book had been set down. She found a book about family records. The first page she flipped to was torn out. It was supposed to be the Sco section. Now what pony I know has a name starting with Sco. Sco? Sco? Scoot? Scootaloo!
Rainbow was searching up about Scootaloo? She obviously wanted to know about her family. But why? Twilight thought.

"Spike!" Twilight called. "Its time for some late night research!"

"Ugh!" a dragon like voice responded. "A baby dragon needs his sleep you know."

"Oh Spike, but this is important," Twilight said. "Rainbow is trying to learn about Scootaloo's past and I want to know why. Plus, I never see her with her parents so I do have my own wonders of the filly's past."

"All right. If it's for Scootaloo then I'll help," Spike said.

"Great!" Twilight exclaimed. "I'll need to grab all of the books about family records."

Spike scrambled around as he gathered book after book and stacked them on his arms. He walked to Twilight and set the stacks down for her to start. She already was skimming through a book. She kept frowning and setting book after book aside.

"Ugh!" Twilight exclaimed. "Nothing, nothing at all! There all ripped out! I swear some people are extremely irresponsible. . ."

"Or extremely smart," Twilight began. "Spike get me the check out log."

Spike ran over to grab the huge log of books checked out. Twilight immediately began skimming for Scootaloo's name.

"Uh, Twilight?" Spike asked. "Why do you need the checkout list?"

"Spike, don't you think its strange that every book that would tell of Scootaloo's past has one missing page?" Twilight asked.

"I don-"

"I'm still talking, Spike," Twilight interrupted. "Ehem, and it just so happens to be the only page with information about Scootaloo on it."

"Ah hah! I knew it!" Twilight exclaimed.

"Knew what?" Spike asked.

"Scootaloo checked out all the books about family records," Twilight began, "and ripped out the pages. It only makes since. She's hiding her past."

"And this is good because?" Spike asked.

"Because, Spike," Twilight explained, "not everyones perfect and Scootaloo forgot one book."

Twilight skimmed another book and went to the page with Sco as the guide words.

"Scootaloo Evain Fire. Parents are Phoenix Lightning Fire and Swift Rumble Fire," Twilight said.

"Anything else?" Spike asked.

"No. Those would only be in the pony records," Twilight explained. "I would have to contact Celestia. Also only princesses can access the files. Which I so happen to be!"

"Sweet! So would you like me to take note?" Spike asked.

"That was exactly what I was going to say," Twilight said. "Take note, Spike."

"Dear Princess Celestia. A certain filly has been on my mind and I fear she may need help. Rainbow Dash is very worried although he will not tell me. I can tell, though. She's worried about Scootaloo. Suspicious hints have been shown in many of the family records that Scootaloo has been trying to hide something from everyone."

"Most of the family records with Scootaloo in them had a single page ripped out. Guess who lucky filly's it was? Scootaloo's. Princess the reason why i'm writing to you is because I would like to learn more about Scootaloo and her past. I know that her last name is Fire. Also her parents are Phoenix Lightning Fire and Swift Rumble Fire."

"Sincerley, Princess Twilight Sparkle," Twilight finished.

Spike, with a deep breath, blew fire and sent the letter to Princess Celestia.

"So, Twilight what do we do?" Spike asked.

"We get some sleep," Twilight said. "I'm tired and i'm sure you are too."

"And the books?" Spike asked.

"Leave them we'll get them in the morning," Twilight said.

Spike headed up to bed, follow by Twilight. They arrived at their cozy beds and lied down in them immediately.

"Good night, Twilight," Spike said.

"Good night," Twilight responded while drifting to sleep.

Author's Note:

Well I hope you all enjoy this chapter! I followed the advice and tried to slow it down.

~Brownies13