• Published 1st Sep 2013
  • 1,797 Views, 84 Comments

The Cutie Mark Crusaders Do Manehattan - Diablomuerte2



When Cheerilee's class has a field trip to Manehattan, the CMC are forced to split up and hang out with other fillies but that doesn't stop them from being them.

  • ...
3
 84
 1,797

What about Babs?

What about Babs?

The train had finally stopped at Manehattan after what seemed like hours. The sound of the train making its stop creaky, and the motion of it all, caused some fillies and colts on the train to start waking from their naps. Some ponies were yawning awake while others shirked awake, realizing that they weren't at home with their mommies. It was quite an event, especially for a few little fillies.

Silver Spoon was blushing as she woke, on her was a sleeping Sweetie Belle and she just looked so adorable on her back. She didn't know what to do. She couldn't be seen like this or people will start assuming things and the last thing she needs is Diamond Tiara throwing a hissy fit over her being gentle with the unicorn filly.

Sweetie Belle was starting to wake and rolled off of Silver Spoon and grunted. "Ow... oh hey Silver Spoon, did you sleep well?" She asked with a smile while rubbing the back of her head.

Silver Spoon tried her best to sound standoffish. "I don't know Sweetie Belle, would you have slept well with me on your back?" She asked in a semi ticked off tone.

"I slept on your back... I am sorry, I meant nothing by it. I was just tired and you were all comfy." She said with a soft smile, not understanding why it would seem awkward for two acquaintances to be snuggled up. If they were friends like the other fillies she is used to seeing, then it would be common place.

"It's alright, just let's not tell anyone we were snuggling. I would hate to see Diamond Tiara upset in the morning." She said honestly because of that time Diamond Tiara flipped out over something minor at breakfast.

"I won't tell, I don't want you to get yelled at because of me," the sweet voiced filly replied, looking down and feeling guilty.

Silver Spoon wished she could be nicer, but felt there was no way they could be friends as long as Diamond Tiara was ... alive. Silver Spoon was Diamond Tiara's only friend and that meant she couldn’t abandon her no matter what. It would be horrible if she did such a thing.

____________________________________________________________

Applebloom had been woken up by Twist when the train stopped. She was used to waking up to rooster sounds or an angry sister, never woken up soft or gently. To be fair, Applejack worked hard on the farm and Applebloom did take a lot of time to wake up unless she was in an excited state.

"So Applebloom, it's going to be like old times huh." She with a beaming smile.

"Oh yeah... oh now I feel bad." Applebloom had forgotten how after she formed the Cutie Mark Crusaders with Sweets and Scoots it was just them hanging out all the time. She never had time to hang out with Twist, and now it just hit her. "I'm so sorry Twist... I jus' been so busy tryin' ta get my Cutie mark, I never stopped ta bother hangin’ out with my other friends... we are still friends, aren't we?" She asked, hopeful.

"Of course silly, I just figured you really wanted your cutie mark, so I was alright with you being a little distant," She said with her awkward voice while fixing her glasses.

"Aw shoot, yer a real good friend Twist.. well don't ya worry. I think we'll make up for lost time on this trip... I just hope the others are doing okay with their partners."

____________________________________________________________

Diamond Tiara was very comfortable while she slept, it felt like there was this luxurious blanket on her body. The blanket fought the coldness of the train and it made her feel... cared for. It was a strange sensation one would get from a blanket and she didn't remember packing such a wonderful thing when she got ready for the trip. Her mind was slowly coming back to reality and her eyes were opening.

"I don't have an orange blanket," She said, confused at the feathery blanket that had wrapped itself around her. She became fully alert when she was conscious enough to notice the breathing of another pony next to her. She also noticed the form of another pony next to her. It finally registered that there was another pony next to her. She started to freak out. "Scootaloo wake up, and get your wing off me." She was trying to push the offending thing off her but the wing's grip was tight.

"What... five more minutes Dash... I just want to sleep," She said deliriously. She was in a dream and wasn't aware she was being attacked. She felt a biting sensation on her wings and that woke her up instantly. "Ouch... hey... what did you do that for?" She asked a blushing Diamond Tiara whom she was about to thump on the head.

"You... you.... you wrapped your wing around me... why would you do something like that," she said, offended. She wasn't into pegasi culture and didn't know what kind of emotions the wings displayed when they did certain things. She just felt odd about it all.

"I did not you crazy filly... ewww... you got your slobber on my wing," Scootaloo complained before flexing her wings and looking majestic as she did.

Diamond Tiara was not sure why she was watching in awe, but she remembered that she was not going to stop despising Scootaloo, Scootaloo was a blank flank and that was not something acceptable. "Well I wouldn't have to if you didn't try touching me with it, blank flank," She said with pride, as if she had won something.

"What happened to the truce... I won't lie, until just now I thought... never mind," She said while turning away and going to regroup with her friends.

Diamond Tiara didn't feel any sense of gratification like she used to. She instead actually felt disappointed in herself. She suddenly was cold and that feeling of being cared for had left as the wing did. Why am I feeling like this... I don't want to be friends with her... even if she was keeping me warm when I was cold...

____________________________________________________________

The Cutie Mark Crusaders and their forced entourage were all hanging out at the station while Cheerilee was talking about the emergency plans in case anything was to happen. They didn't really pay attention as they had their own little meeting to handle. It seemed they all had separate plans as of late, and because of their partnered situation, it caused them to reconfigure their original itinerary

"I am sorry Applebloom, I know how much you wanted us all to go with you to see Babs, but I can't... Silver Spoon and I are going to the park," Sweetie Belle informed apologetically.

"Well alright then, how about you Scootaloo?” She tried asking but got no response. ”... Scootaloo?" Applebloom asked when the other member of the squad had not responded.

"I... gotta stick by my assigned partner even if I don't like her," She said slowly and in a low volume. She didn't want another reason for Diamond Tiara to get in a foul mood.

"But... What about Babs? I mean we were going to visit her... now what?" Applebloom questioned in a saddened tone.

"I know!" Chirped Sweetie Belle. "You can take Twist with you."

____________________________________________________________

Twist was minding her own business as the CMC had their little conversation, she was just excited to reconnect with Applebloom. It was hard when Applebloom, one of her only friends, had leapt off to a brave new world of danger and adventure just for the sake of her cutie mark. She remembered how she got her own cutie mark and felt it wasn't that big a deal. She had the patented candy mix she made and would share some with Applebloom to cheer her up as she could tell things weren't going well by the tone of the hushed voices.

Silver Spoon was with Diamond Tiara, hearing her whine and complain about how Scootaloo had offended her virtue by being too intimate with her. "She hugged me with her wing and it was really co- crazy." Diamond Tiara recovered from her almost faux-pax.

"Well maybe she didn't mean to make you feel bad, I mean isn't that just a pegasus thing?" She asked while not really caring about Diamond Tiara's problems when she had her own to deal with.

"Easy for you to say. It's not like Sweetie Belle had her horn on you." Diamond Tiara said, defiant.

"Well... I mean she... never mind. I am just saying I think you are overreacting," Silver Spoon admitted.

"What... I am not reacting enough. I should report her for-" The crowned filly was cut off by her friend.

"Oh grow up!" Silver Spoon had enough. "You know something, we spent about two to three years now disliking them for being blank flanks, but the moment we are kind to them they are ready to try and be caring to us. Sweetie Belle was very open to giving me a chance, as much as I didn't want to be her friend for your sake... but after hearing how Scootaloo, even with her not really liking you, was able to push that aside to keep you warm... it shows me that they are better friends than we have ever been to each other." Silver Spoon let out with a huff.

"Why, because we don't do that mushy stuff like hug? Is it because you want a hug?" She asked in a snide tone.

"That isn't the point DT," she said, using the nickname.

"I mean if you just want a hug, I can give you a hug," Diamond Tiara said in a patronizing tone.

"I don't want a hug. I just want kindness," Silver Spoon said, her voice growing in anger.

"I mean it's not that big a deal to give out a hug... my forelegs are all open. Come on in pal, I’ll hug you." Diamond Tiara persisted in being rude since her friend was being a softy.

"You know what.. I am glad we aren't spending the day together... hopefully you will grow up and realize the world doesn't revolve around you DT." Silver Spoon went off and joined Sweetie Belle as the CMC's meeting ended.

"I guess she really wanted that hug..." Diamond Tiara joked to no one as she was left alone. She looked around and saw no signs of the other fillies and started to become worried.

"Up here princess... I am going to stay by you, but I am not going to be near you. You made it clear on the train that I am too unclean to be close," Scootaloo said while hovering above, looking hurt.

"Well how can we be close if you stay up there... just... come down will you?" She said a bit saddened, she didn't like being alone.

Scootaloo was unsure of the sincerity of Diamond Tiara's sadness, but she remembered something Rainbow Dash said to her while she achieved her first flight. Remember squirt, just because you're awesome now doesn't mean you can be heartless. Part of being cool is knowing when to be there for your friends. Without friends you can't be cool, got that?
That voice and the words that played in her mind made her do the unthinkable... she was going to try and be there for Diamond Tiara. She settled down next to her and nuzzled her to alert her that she was there. "Hey... lets go, I believe you wanted to go shopping right?" She said lowly.

Diamond Tiara, with a tear slipping from her eye, just nodded. She wasn't sure how to feel about anything, she was losing the only friend she had and was slowly gaining a new one. She didn't know why Scootaloo would want to be nice to her after all she has done to the pegasus filly. Still, she was grateful that she wasn't left alone. Her greatest fear in life was that she would be left alone. She had been so isolated from her father since he was always working. During their short time spent together he was usually in a grouchy mood. It was not fun being the rich filly in Ponyville. Silver Spoon was the only other wealthy filly in town, and now they were at odds.

The two walked off together in silence as with each minute their bodies got progressively closer together. Diamond Tiara was drawn into the warmth and care that Scootaloo was offering and Scootaloo was being drawn in by a sense of duty. Soon their bodies touched and Scootaloo's wing wrapped over Diamond Tiara's whithers again. This time the snotty filly didn't complain as they walked about town. She was finally able to admit it was comfortable, if only internally.