• Published 27th Sep 2013
  • 702 Views, 18 Comments

The Harbinger - Servant Phoenix



An enthusiastic robot researcher finds out, that one of the robots in the shipment to his institution is an alive, multicolored, talking pony.

  • ...
1
 18
 702

The End of a Journey,

When Carl regained his vision and realized who he is standing in front of, he bent his knees and was about to bow down.

“Please, no need for such a formalities,” the alicorn said.

Carl nodded and straightened up. They were in one of the research rooms of the Canterlot Castle.

“Dear sons of Adam and daughter of Eve,”—started the alicorn—”it is a pleasure to welcome you in the kingdom of ponies, the magical land of Equestria. I’m Princess Celestia, the co-ruler of this country.” She looked at Melody. “Could I ask you Melody, to introduce your companions?”

Melody nodded. “This is Phoenix Freeman, or the Phoenix, the one who could see through the disguise of my amulet. This is Sophie Freeman, her daughter. And this is Carl Thummer, the friend of Phoenix and the representative of the bronies, or adult fans of phase one.”

Princess Celestia stood quiet for a few seconds. “How many members does your group of bronies have, if I may ask, Carl Thummer?”

“Millions, princess. We don’t know exactly how many are we, but we know that we’ll help with anything we can.”

“Then phase one went better, than any of us would have expected,“ Celestia said with a small smile. “But now, I guess you all had a long and tiring journey. We have already prepared a room for all of you and the dinner will be served within an hour. We’ll discuss the future tomorrow morning. Sharp Sword!”

A royal guard answered, “Yes, my princess?”

“Please, lead our guests to their room.”

The guard led the team to their room. The room contained several beds, wardrobes and a lot of other furnitures. However, Phoenix quickly noticed that it was lack of outlets.

Carl laid on the bed next to him. “Can you believe it? We’re in Equestria. We just talked to Princess Celestia. We’re royal guests in the Canterlot Palace. It’s just so awesome.”

Melody smiled. Yes, this’ll definitely compensate them. And I don’t mind some royal treatment either. She laid on another bed.

Phoenix laughed. “I guess they won’t serve beef or pork or any kind of meet. Ponies are vegetarian after all.”

“Man, I don’t care even if I have to eat apples and carrots for the rest of my life,” Carl said, stretching on the bed.

Melody rolled her eyes. “Apples and carrots? Dear Carl and Phoenix, after you tasted the Equestrian food, I’m sure you won’t even want to try eating meat ever again.”

“Says a horse,” Phoenix teased. Melody stuck out his tongue at him.

Sophie walked to another bed next to Melody and started opening her own packs. Since they had stepped through the portal, she hadn’t said a word.

Melody looked at her. “Hey Sophie. Why’re you so quiet? Did Princess Celestia scary you?”

Sophie glanced up at Melody and shook her head.

“Then what’s going on? You were so happy in the factory.”

Sophie kept packing out. “I thought I’ll meet Fluttershy.”

Melody smiled with closed eyes and shook her head slowly. “Oh girl, don’t be so disappointed. Fluttershy lives in another town. I’m sure you’ll meet her soon, maybe tomorrow.”

Sophie sighed. She was biting her lips while she was packing out.

“You’re still afraid that she’ll be too shy, aren’t you?”

Sophie responded with a nod.

Melody sighed. “Sophie, Fluttershy’s not that shy anymore. She used to be, but that was years ago, when she met with Twilight Sparkle. You watched Putting Your Hoof Down, right?”

Sophie nodded again.

Melody moved from laying to sitting on the edge of her bed. “Then why do you still worry? Oh, come here you little girl.” She stretched out her hooves.

Sophie looked at Melody. The little girl forced a smile on her face, sniffed and finally accepted the pony’s embrace.

Phoenix was watching the scene from one of the chairs. I never knew she liked that yellow pony that much. Sure, she wanted a Fluttershy plushie for her sixth birthday, but… I hope Fluttershy’ll be nice to her. Although, she must be a famous star in this world, being the Spirit of Kindness and stuff. He kept watching the hugging pair and sighed. If you could see this Rachel, I wonder what you would say.

KNOCK KNOCK

Phoenix looked at the door. “Come in!”

The door shimmered in yellow and a unicorn walked in, pushing a dinner cart into the room.

“Your dinner, uh!” the unicorn said, but ended abruptly when he got the sight of the three humans. He stopped and stared at them.

Melody smiled at the waiter, still hugging Sophie. “Is there a problem, mister?”

The unicorn didn’t move or answer.

Carl facepalmed. Oh man, you weren’t even told that you will serve the food for humans, don’t you? Celestia…

Melody released Sophie, and walked to the waiter. “Hello?” She said, waving a hoof in front of his face. Melody frowned. She stepped to his side and yelled into his ears. “LONG SPOON, WAKE UP!”

Long Spoon winced. He fell on the ground and pressed his hooves to his ears. “Aaah! Why so loud?”

Melody stopped frowning. “Sorry, but I think you got a shock. You didn’t take the Preparation for Humans course? It was obligatory for everypony.”

The unicorn moved his hooves back to the ground and stood up. “I’m sorry miss, I was sick during those weeks.”

“And there weren’t a course for those who missed the first?” Melody asked.

Long Spoon scratched his neck. “I was sick during that course too.”

Melody facehoofed. “Great. Seems as Princess Twilight this time forgot to recheck everything. I’ll tell her tomorrow.”

Long Spoon turned his view to the humans of the room. He bowed. “Forgive me my impoliteness.”

“It’s okay,” Phoenix said. He added with a smirk, “As long as the food meets the expectations.”

“Oh please, mister,” Long Spoon said. “If the royal kitchens can’t satisfy your desires, then nothing can in Equestria!”

That’s what I fear. Phoenix stood up and walked to the dining table in the room. The table was surrounded by six chairs. These chairs looked similar to human chairs, but their design was fine tuned to pony characteristics. He sat down on one of them and found it acceptable to sit on.

The others sat down as well. Long Spoon served the dishes, and as they expected, the dishes didn’t contain any meat. Yet, they found them surprisingly tasty and satisfying.

The rest of the night almost went uneventful. Almost. A guard near nine o’clock informed the group that the Spirits of Harmony will be attending to the morning meeting, which made Sophie’s emotions turn into a wild storm again. Melody succeeded to calm her once more, much to Phoenix’s surprise. She’s doing this as good as Rachel, he thought. The residence also included two bathrooms, that—with some help from Melody—everybody succeeded to use. At 22:00, Phoenix announced that Sophie must go to sleep, and he turned off the lights. One by one they all drifted to sleep.


The next day, the breakfast was served by Long Spoon as last time. During the breakfast, a guard opened the door and announced that their meeting was in twenty minutes in the throne room. They finished the breakfast, and after some minor adjustments on the clothings, they all left their room and followed the guard.

The throne room. Long and vast room, with stained glass windows, showing the acts of the heros of Equestria. Princess Celestia was sitting on her elevated throne, with a night-blue alicorn next to her. A red carpet came from the throne, that went to the doors. However, what catched Sophie’s sight was six ponies, turned to Celestia in front of her. A lavender alicorn, a white unicorn, a pink fluffy earth pony, a rainbow colored pegasus, an orange earth pony and a… yellow pegasus, with pink mane. She gulped.

Melody noticed Sophie’s anxiety and whispered into her ears, “It’s gonna be alright.”

They started walking towards the throne. Celestia was talking to the Spirits of Harmony, then after finishing a sentence, she stopped and raised her sight to the new guests of the room. This made the six ponies in front of them to turn. Melody and her friends stopped a few meters away from the Spirits. They faced each other for a few seconds, examining the other group. Except Sophie, as she was hugging Melody’s front leg, with her face on her neck.

To everyone’s surprise, the one who broke the silence was the yellow-pink pegasus. “Sophie?”

Sophie’s eyes went wide open. She slowly turned her face to the pegasus. They stared at each other, and the others were staring at them.

Fluttershy looked around. “Oh, I’m sorry, she just looks like a little human girl who rode me in one of my dreams.”

Phoenix frowned. “Well, this is interesting as my daughter’s name is indeed, Sophie, and she told me a few days ago that she dreamed riding you.”

Princess Celestia glanced at Princess Luna next to her, who suddenly found the ceiling to be fascinating.

“Is… is it bad? I’m sorry. I thought it’s a dream.” Sophie faltered and turned her face back to Melody’s coat.

Fluttershy smiled and walked next to Sophie. Sophie heard her steps. She slowly looked at Fluttershy again, who was now facing her from a distance of a child’s step with a reassuring smile. Sophie’s mouth twisted and tear was forming in her eyes. She released Melody and stared at Fluttershy. Fluttershy sat down on her hindquarters, and spread her front hooves wide. Sophie clenched her eyes and—with a second of hesitation—she jumped on Fluttershy and hugged her. The warm embrace of the pegasus broke the last dam of doubt, letting the rivers of relief and joy flow down from the eyes of the little girl.

“I’d love to fly with you again, Sophie,” she whispered into her ears.

Melody could hardly keep her own tears. I told you she’s the kindest mare I’ve ever known.

Celestia leaned to Luna, who was now watching the scene with a smile. “Well done, sis,” she whispered.

The Spirit of Laughter didn’t try. She summoned a napkin from nowhere and rivers sprang from her eyes. She suddenly stopped crying. “Hey do you know what this calls for? A…”

Suddenly a lavender hoof blocked her mouth. “Pinkie, not know. We have more important things to do.” She moved away her hoof.

“Awww… But I thought if I use my aura, then everypony will be so super-duper happy that you’ll all want to party,” Pinkie said. The lavender unicorn glanced at the cutie mark of the pink one. It was shimmering.

The orange-yellow earth pony chuckled. “Thank Love that you got the aura of anti-fear and not the aura of party. Ah even fear to imag’n how Equestria’d look like.”

“But you’re silly, you can’t fear while my aura is on!” Pinkie replied.

“That’s not what I meant, sugarcube,” The earth pony answered with a frown.

The rainbow maned pegasus facehoofed. “Seriously, Applejack. You still try to argue with Pinkie Pie? That’s almost like telling Rarity that ponies don’t need to wear clothes!” She looked at the white unicorn, who glared at the rainbow maned pegasus.

Now the lavender alicorn facehoofed. “Here we go again.”

The unicorn spoke, “How close-minded some ponies are. Yes, Rainbow Dash, we do not need to wear clothes as much as a human, but what about beauty? What about tradition? Imagine the Winter Wrap Up without wearing your vests!”

Good to see that they’re indeed the ponies we know and love, Carl thought.

The lavender alicorn sighed. “Now that you girls all wonderfully introduced yourself, give me the pleasure to do it for myself.” She turned to Phoenix. “My name is Princess Twilight Sparkle, the Princess of Friendship. It is an honor to meet with the Phoenix.”

“Just ‘Phoenix’ is enough, princess.”

The princess chuckled. “In that case, you can call me Twilight. My name is too long anyways since the coronation,” Twilight said with a wave of her hoof.

Sophie released Fluttershy, and Celestia decided that it’s the time to go back to the topic of their meeting. “Although my opinion is that the introductions were unnecessary as the humans know all of you from phase one, I’ll finish it with introducing my sister and co-ruler, Princess Luna, the princess of the Night. The only one who you might not know yet, my little ponies, is Carl, the representative of bronies.” She pointed at Carl. “It turned out, that phase one was more successful, that we imagined. According to his statement, millions of adult humans are willing to help us in the reintegration.”

Twilight Sparkle lit up. “Wow, this is good news. No, excelent news!”

“Well, we also have bad news we haven’t told you yet,” Melody spoke. They all turned to her. She looked down. “In a bad moment, I foolishly revealed myself in front of several journalists and reporters. The whole human world knows now that we exists.”

Princess Celestia frowned with closed eyes. “That is indeed bad news. We lost our advantage of deciding when to reveal ourselves.”

“I’m… sorry, princess,” Melody apologised.

Celestia took a deep breath. “What happened, happened my little pony. The most important is that you brought Phoenix here. Phoenix,”—she turned to him—”what should be our next step?”

Phoenix was thinking for few seconds. “We humans have an organisation called the United Nations. It is established to protect the world from wars, and unite the nations of Earth to build a better future. We need to somehow convince the countries of Earth to accept Equestria as a sovereign country, and join the United Nations.”

Celestia nodded. “We’ll send emissaries to all the human nations.”

“Just like that?” Twilight asked. “Sorry, princess, but I’m not sure if the leaders of mankind’ll be kind to our emissaries. What if they attack them? You must give them proper combat training. Or at least, teach them some defence spells.”

“Indeed my faithful student. That is why it’ll be your responsibility to prepare them for their journey.” Celestia smiled.

“We can also help them from the inside,” Carl spoke. “I’ll ask the bronies to start petitions and street protests if a nation refuses or hesitates. I just need a computer with internet connection.”

“That can be done,” Twilight said. “We’ll establish a small base at the other side of the portal. You can work from there.”

Luna was about to protest but Celestia intercepted her. “Although Carl and Sophie were not allowed to leave Equestria, the right for them is now granted. However, they must be accompanied with a royal guard, for their safety.”

“Thank you, princess,” Phoenix said. “I wouldn’t let my daughter now to walk around in the human world without protection anyways. I’m sure there are some who’ll try to stop us, and use whatever they can to do so.” He glanced at her daughter. “Oh, Sophie, are you tired?”

Sophie’s legs were shaking. The reunion with Fluttershy and the long standing session exhausted the little girl’s body.

“Oh, let me take care of that,” Rarity said. She walked to Sophie and raised one of her front hooves. Both her hoof and her cutie mark shimmered, and in a few seconds a human chair appeared next to Sophie, perfectly tailored for her. “Now you can sit down, darling. Don’t be silent if you need something, we’re always happy to help,“ she said with a smile.

Sophie smiled back and sat down with a content sigh. “Okay. I was just too afraid to do so.”

The answer made Rarity to look at Pinkie Pie’s hindquarters. The pink pony’s cutie mark was still shimmering.

“What?” Pinkie Pie asked. “I don’t know how can she fear. Maybe my aura only works on Equestrians,” she said with a shrug.

Rainbow Dash rolled her eyes. “Okay, cool, now everypony knows what to do. Except us. why’re we even here anyways?”

“Don’t worry girls. I know exactly what you’ll do,” Twilight said with a smirk.

Applejack cocked an eyebrow. “And, what’s that, Twiligh’?”

“You’ll be part of the delegates!” she cried. “Isn’t that wonderful?”

Rainbow Dash jumped into the air and spread her hooves. “WHAT? Are you kidding? No way I’m gonna do egghead chit-chatting with humans! And imagine what would Pinkie Pie do!”

“Oh please, Rainbow Dash,” Rarity said. “Everypony knows that we’re the best candidates for being the ambassadors of Equestria. We’re worldwide known celebrities, darling.”

“Yeah, sure.” Rainbow Dash rolled her eyes.

“Don’t worry, Rainbow. You’ll be teamed up with me and Applejack, so you won’t have to do any ‘egghead chit-chat’,” Twilight said.

“Whohoo! That means I’ll be with Fluttershy and Rarity!” Pinkie Pie bounced. She jumped to Fluttershy and hugged her. “Don’t worry Fluttershy, auntie Pinkie’ll take care of you.”

“I’m one year older than… *sigh*… Nevermind,” Fluttershy said.

“We’ll go to the most important countries, while the other teams’ll go to the rest,” Twilight said.

“Uhm, Twilight,” Carl said. “I’m not sure, that you thought about the language barrier. You all speak American English pretty well, but…”

“American English?” Twilight interrupted with a frown. “But I’m speaking Equestrian!”

“Indeed you do, my faithful student,” Princess Celestia said. “The nations of Equestria will not suffer the curse of Babel. We have recently developed a new spell that can temporarily undo the curse on a pony. While the humans have many different languages, and cannot understand each other, our ponies will be able to speak in their native language and everyone will understand them, and they will be able to understand anyone.”

Twilight looked at Celestia with a raised eyebrow. “And when did you cast that spell?”

Celestia smiled at the young princess. “Yesterday, while you were sleeping, I went into your room and casted it on you all. I wanted it to be a surprise." Her smile curved down a little. "I hope you like it.”

Twilight nodded with a smile. “As long as you show me how to cast the spell afterward.”

Carl scratched his head. “Well, that solves the language barrier problem.”

Phoenix nodded. “At the meantime, you should also start reading the Charter of the United Nations, as the process starts with an application in what your nation states to accept the obligations under the charter. Then, we’ll have to go through the Security Council, a smaller group of nations, and get 9 out of 15 votes. The most important members are China, France, Russia, UK and the USA, as these countries can veto our application. Finally, we will need a two-thirds majority vote from the member states in the General Assembly. If we succeed in all these, Equestria becomes an accepted country.”

“What about the Griffon Kingdom?” Rainbow Dash asked. “I mean, it’s okay that Equestria becomes an accepted country and stuff, but what about the others?”

“Let that be my problem, Loyalty,” Princess Luna spoke. “The submission to the United Nations will be in the name of United Equestria. We already have a pact with Saddle Arabica and the Zebra Tribes, that in the case of external threat, our nations shall unite. And not being an accepted country in the human world is threat from what we’ve seen in their history.” She stood up. “I’ll personally go to the Griffon Kingdom and to the Dragon Tribes, to negotiate the conditions of unity.”

Princess Celestia stood up. “I’ll also ask you Phoenix to help Princess Twilight Sparkle in the organization and coordination of the delegates.” Phoenix nodded. She turned to Melody. “Melody Harbinger, you have gone through many tribulations and difficulties, but you completed your mission. Equestria will be always grateful for your services. The royal treasury will provide you for the rest of your life and you are free to go home.”

Melody was surprised by the offer. I can go home? And Princess Celestia’ll take care of me? Wow, this means I don’t have to work on the farm anymore. She smiled. I can whatever I want! However, her smile faded fast. But what do I want? She looked up at Phoenix. Something says in my heart that my mission is not over. We have still things to do with Phoenix. She turned to Princess Celestia. “Princess, although I’m very grateful for your offer, but if you allow me,”—she stepped to Phoenix—“I would like to continue my service on the side of Phoenix until Equestria is fully integrated.”

Celestia smiled. “You can go wherever you want, my little pony. The time you spent with Phoenix have indeed made you his perfect companion.” She looked around. “Your tasks are given. I’ll take care of Equestria, until you are absent. May the blessing of Love be upon all of us.”

With that, the meeting was dismissed. Melody, her friends and the Spirits of Harmony went out for a little walk in the castle gardens, chit-chatting about whatever came up in their mind. At a junction, Sophie and Fluttershy stopped.

“Dad, can we go that way with Fluttershy?” She pointed to a direction. “We want to walk there.”

Applejack’s cutie mark shimmered. She frowned. ‘Walk’, sure...

“Okay Sophie, just make sure to get back to lunch,” Phoenix answered.

“Don’t worry Phoenix, I’ll take care of her,” Fluttershy said with a wink to Sophie.

Applejack rolled her eyes. The pair happily ran to the other direction, while the others continued their way towards the center of the park.

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEE

They all startled from the sudden loud voice and looked up at the direction where it was coming from. Fluttershy was flying high on the sky, with Sophie riding her. Fluttershy was chuckling while Sophie was screaming from happiness.

“Oh, Sophie!” Phoenix yelled. “What are you…”

Rainbow Dash suddenly flew in front of him and held up a hoof. “Enough, Phoenix.” She looked up at them. “This is my job.”

She flew up to the happy pair, who noticed the approaching Rainbow Dash. Dash flew next to them, told them something with a smile, then her cutie mark and her hooves shimmered and she flew back to the ground. “Done.”

Phoenix frowned, then looked up at the pair, who didn’t seem to change their mind of flying up at dangerous heights. “What did you do exactly?”

Rainbow Dash rolled her eyes. “What? You don’t know my awesome ability?”

Phoenix shook his head.

Rainbow Dash facehoofed. “Look, your daughter is at my protection now. If she gets into danger, I’ll teleport next to her and bring her into safety.”

Carl frowned. “I don’t remember these abilities from the show.”

Twilight nodded. “We got these after the meeting with Love. We decided not to use them during phase one.” She then started pointing to each of them one by one. “Applejack can see through any lies or disguises, Pinkie Pie can activate an aura that gives temporary fear immunity, Rainbow Dash can protect up to ten living creatures as a guardian angel, Fluttershy can heal, Rarity can conjure anything her friends need and I can cast the Elements of Harmony without the jewels.”

“Hm… that’s… interesting,” Carl said. “Still strange that Pinkie’s aura didn’t work on Sophie.”

Pinkie chirped in, “Maybe, it’s because Love said that ‘nopony shall fear in your presence’, and Sophie is not a pony. But don’t worry about your daughter, Phoenix. Dashie’s ability works on anybody. Once it even worked on a tortoise!”

Rainbow Dash rolled her eyes. “Yeah, I knew it was a good idea to put a guardian ward on Tank.”

They continued their walk in the castle garden. Eventually, they got hungry and headed to the dining room, where Fluttershy and Sophie were waiting for them. After the lunch, the day went on with Twilight organizing the delegations to each country. They also decided that phase four would be executed just before the delegations depart. Phase four meant that Celestia broadcasts a speech to all TV channels, while the dimension altering spell around Equestria is replaced with a protection field.


Days passed after days as Twilight was preparing the delegations, while Phoenix and Lyra Heartstrings were helping with advices about each country. Luna also arrived meanwhile and brought good news. Both the Griffon Kingdom and the Dragon Tribes were willing to unite, although with conditions. The Griffon Kingdom presented a pact to Luna in which they required independence within United Equestria. The Dragon Tribes demanded 10 kilograms of gemstones each year, which was almost nothing compared to the mining capabilities of Equestria. Luna accepted the conditions of both nations, as they meant little to no disadvantage to Equestria.

At one day, a delegation arrived from the United Caves of Diamond Dogs, which was surprising as no such a thing existed before. It turned out that the diamond dogs were eavesdropping Celestia and were not willing to only depend on their digging ability as a defence mechanism against the humans. Groups contacted groups and essentially they formed a semi-anarchic nation. Princess Celestia demanded that the diamond dogs must refrain from attacking or harassing the members of the other sentient nations and as a return they can be part of the United Equestria. Although they accepted the condition, Celestia shared her skepticism to Phoenix, as the diamond dogs had never been organized enough to enforce laws across all their groups.

When Twilight finished the preparations, Luna used a spell, prepared by the research teams, to disturb the communication systems of Earth and broadcast Celestia live. Men and women, old and young stared at their screens as a white alicorn with ethereal rainbow mane appeared, revealed the existence of United Equestria, and offered peace to the nations of Earth. At the same time people on ships and planes witnessed as a new continent appeared in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean and a yellow protection dome formed on it. Celestia continued her speech by showing an updated world map and claimed the protection shield of the land to be impenetrable. She also ensured that the ships that were at the conflicting regions were teleported to safety. She finished her speech by revealing their plans to join to the United Nations and the delegates that would be sent to each nation and asked for the cooperation of the human nations. With the speech done, Luna closed the communication channel and Celestia asked Twilight to send the delegates to their ways.

Most of the countries were surprisingly welcoming to the Equestrians. However, others were not. Princess Twilight Sparkle and her two friends were almost kidnapped by one of the ‘welcoming’ parties. Or at least there was a try to kidnap them that failed miserably when Twilight teleported the three ponies out of the city.

When the delegations to the countries of the Security Council returned, Melody, Phoenix and Celestia’s two best royal guards went to New York, to personally submit the application to the United Nations. The Council came together in a week, and accepted Equestria with 11 votes out of 15. The General Assembly was not that easy. They needed 129 votes out of 193, but succeeded with 131 votes. And with this, United Equestria became the 194. accepted member of the United Nations.

After the General Assembly’s meeting, Celestia dispelled the protection spell, and opened the gates of Equestria to humans, although more than a one-week-stay required a permit from the Humans In Equestria Institution, led by Lyra Heartstrings. United Equestria’s embassies established in most of the human countries, and portals were opened between the territory of the embassies and Canterlot. The first visitors were of course the fans of Friendship is Magic: little kids, bronies and pegasisters. Poor Fluttershy turned out to be so popular, that she needed four personal guards to be able to breathe from all the fans, although she welcomed all of them kindly. Rarity and Rainbow Dash was thinking the opposite. They enjoyed the fame and even repeated their famous expressions to result ovations from the group around them. Pinkie Pie made a ‘Welcome all humans in Equestria’ party that was the biggest party ever made in Equestria. Applejack didn’t like the too much attention, and after a few hours escaped to her guest room. The background characters were also found by their fanclub. The most famous background pony, Derpy got even more fame than Applejack, although some fans were disappointed by the fact that her husband was not a timelord.

However, not just humans visited Equestria, but ponies with adventurous spirit went out into the human world. Princess Twilight Sparkle established a course for these ponies about the basics of human culture, and a test. The ponies who passed the test got a permit to leave Equestria, but it depended on the host country if it allowed common Equestrian citizens to step on their land or not. The most welcoming country turned out to be the USA because of the massive sizes of the brony communities. One of the states even started changing the public signs to represent both humans and ponies.

Although, it was part of phase two to teach everypony that the weather will be working on its own after Celestia dispels their dimension altering spell, when they experienced it in practice, it resulted discontent, especially from the older generations. After living more than seventy years, knowing that your princess raises the sun every day, it was too much to take in that the ‘sun’ Celestia was raising was only part of their pocket dimension and Celestia didn’t have power over the real celestial object. After some months, the tensions lowered, and the pegasi got used to only being able to modify the weather, instead of having full control over it, which still greatly helped in mitigating disasters to both humans and ponies.

The technology of the humans and the magic of the ponies unlocked endless possibilities. Multi-racial research teams started working across the world for a better future for both ponies and humans.

However, the heart of the humans remained unchanged and so did the ponies’. Human securities were not prepared to teleporting burglars using telekinesis, which resulted Equestrians to be banned or very filtered from certain countries and areas. Other countries demanded Celestia to control their citizens in using their abilities, which led to the establishment of the Human-Equine Co-Living Institution, led by Melody and Phoenix. The institution’s first task was to give protection to humans from basic tricks of the Equestrian burglars, but preferably filter them out at the borders, before they could even leave Equestria. The main goal of the institution was to help ponies and humans, leave together in peace, the two leaders being the living example.

Humans were not better either. There were several cases handled by the day and the night court with humans given a guilty verdict for things like robbery, molestation and once even for murder. It was very rare, but sometimes tourist ponies were attacked on human lands. The human and the pony courts were working together in both cases, in order to give the rightful judgement.

Melody and Phoenix were travelling around the world, helping the nations in the reintegration and protecting peace. However, during their work, they also gained people who hated them for what they had done, and what they were doing.

One day, Phoenix and Melody sat into their car, and Phoenix tried to turn on the car’s engine.

Author's Note:

I planned to write a story between the The Element of Love and The Harbinger called Together, in what the Mane 6 discovers those abilities given by Love and they have to use them together to defeat Darkness once more. I just didn’t have time to write it yet, and probably won’t do it as Season 4 will probably ruin my complete story arc anyways.