• Published 8th Sep 2013
  • 261 Views, 3 Comments

Untold Paradox - OctaviaMelody95



A pegasus from Fillydelphia named, Whipping bumbkin, decides to go on an adventure to save Equestria from a shadow spirit name Umbra Aquila and be rewarded for her hard work to be able to afford a better living for herself.

  • ...
 3
 261

1. Unseen beginnings

One day in Fillydelphia, a female Pegasus with air force blue and magenta spots on her coat, was flying around. A stallion with a green coat came out of a little orange house. “Whipping, diner is ready!” called her dad.

“Ugh, okay.” said Whipping Bumpkin with annoyance. Whipping always hated when her father bugged her, when she is flying. Whipping always dream of adventure, but her overprotecting father won’t let her. He only allows her to fly around the city for fun. She went into the house and sat at the table. On her plate was a piece of apple bread on the table. “Apple bread, again! Dad, this is like the third week in a row that made apple bread.” said Whipping Bumpkin.

“I’m sorry, but with your mom dead and my low paying job, I have nothing else to get.” said Whipping’s dad. Whipping Bumpkin grabbed her lasso and started to head out the door. “Wait, Bumpkin! What about your diner?” plead her dad trying to prevent her from leaving.

“No, I’m sick and tired of this. You all ways bring that mom is dead and low paying job excuse for the past three weeks! If I went on an adventure like mom, we wouldn’t be a lower class family in a middle class town!” screamed Whipping. She slammed the door behind out of anger.

Whipping Bumpkin was flying around town using her lasso to clean up any garbage that was dropped on the ground. “This whole town seems to act as they are lower class. They are leaving garbage everywhere. It wasn’t like when my mom was alive.” thought Whipping. She let a sighed as she looked at a statue of her mom. Whipping wonder what had happen to her mom. She picture a bunch of skeleton ponies chewing on her, her mom trying to fight them off, the blood dripping off her every limb. She was glad that the body was found, though not happy with the result. Her mother’s face on her lifeless corpse flashed in Whipping’s mind. Whipping started to have tear filled her eyes, she was about to cover face with her hat, but suddenly a voice called to her. “Whipping Bumpkin!” said a male unicorn with an apple green coat. Whipping was going to fly away from him, but he used his magic to stop her.

“I’m not going to my Dad, forget it Mad Dasher!” said Whipping Bumpkin. Mad Dasher wasn’t surprise, he knew she was just upset at her father after her mother died. So he just started to leave.

“Wait, you have to understand, my father didn’t mind me going on an adventure like mom. Now he does, I just don’t get it.” said Whipping. Mad Dasher sighed and gave Whipping Bumpkin a look that you have to understand your father and then left. Whipping flew away from the statue of her deceased mother and again the image of her mother’s corpse flashed in her mind. Whipping gave a shudder.

Mad Dasher was at Bumpkin’s house talking with her dad. “I try to get her to come back, but she wouldn’t listen.” said Mad Dasher. Whipping’s dad was upset. He sighed as he knew she would come on eventually. Her hunger is what drives her back home.

“You know I think it would have been better if she was a weather pony instead of trying to be an adventurer, which is something I wanted her mom to do instead at first…” said Whipping’s dad. Mad Dasher just nodded and left. As soon as he left, a storm started. Whipping’s dad just sighed and thought that Whipping definitely returning home soon. Another thing besides hunger was the storm, as she was always afraid of a rain storm. Though, she was okay when it rain. All the sudden, the lights went out and Whipping’s dad let a loud scream. The lights came back on and Whipping’s dad, realize that he bumped into a lamp.

Whipping was at her friend’s, Sweet Wind, house. Sweet Wind knew that Whipping was having problems with her father and she didn’t like the mood Whipping was in. “Whipping, I understand you are mad at you father right now, but you have to go home. “ said Sweet Song. Whipping just shook her head. She was tired of all the talk that her father gave her.

“I’m not going home not until my dad allows me to be an adventurer. Like, my mom was.” said Whipping. She didn’t think that Sweet Wind understood. “I mean we were high class in a middle class town, when mom was alive. Couple weeks before her body was found, we were middle class, now that she has been found three weeks ago, us are living like we are low class. Heck even the whole town started to go low class about a week ago.” Said Whipping Bumpkin while was fighting off the tears that she had. Sweet Wind sighed and just shook her.

“Your mom was a hero, the whole town loved her, but now that she is dead it is hard for the whole town to accept it. Once ponies have a new hero, things will go back, heck even the storms would go away. Though, I fear it is a great evil that must only be beaten by the solar and lunar princesses.” said Sweet Wind. Whipping just rolled her eyes. It always seemed to her that Sweet Wind would make some kind of myth. Sweet Wind caught this reaction. “I’m telling you it is for real. This is not a myth!” said Sweet Wind.

“Come on! You need to stop reading those books. They are nothing but, pure fairy tales!” said Whipping. Sweet Wind trying to look pitiful and make Whipping believe her. Whipping just rolled her eyes. “You always try to pull that stunt, but it isn’t going to work this time.” said Whipping Bumpkin. Suddenly, a bunch of ponies start screaming outside.

Whipping and Sweet Wind step outside. The rain has stop, but the town was running in terror. Whipping saw a shadowy eagle-like creature flying around. He was attacking the city with is shadowy fire. The town’s ponies were having problems trying to find places to hide. The eagle-like creature suddenly swooped at a pony who was trying shouting for the Fillydelphia Police. Whipping Bumpkin used her lasso to save the pony from being capture. The pony Whipping saved was none other than the mayor. “Oh thank you, young mare!” said The Mayor. Whipping didn’t say her welcome; she just gave the evil creature that was flying away a dirty glare. The creature gave a very loud screech. The screech caused lighting to strike a tree, causing the tree to burn. Suddenly, the tree just fell on top of a house. The house started to burn, within the few seconds of the burning house ponies come out screaming while on fire.

“Help, some pony, I’m on fire! I need…” said the burning pony, before she died while burning. Whipping Bumpkin had a very angry face of what just happen. She grabbed Sweet Wind and pulled her back into her house.

“Okay, maybe you were right.” said Whipping.

“I told you this wasn’t some ole’ myth, now you know. Now let me go find the book about the creature we just saw.” said Sweet Wind.

While Whipping was waited, she trotted angrily thinking about what her dad would say. “Oh yeah, `This adventure is too dangerous! You cannot go and end up like your mother.’ Speech all over again.” thought Whipping. She knew her father was going to say no, and she knew it was time to prove that can save the town and possibly all of Equestria from the evil being. Sweet wind was singing once was coming back with the book. “Do you always have to sing when you have a book?” asked Whipping Bumpkin.

“Of course, I just love reading that much! Now allow me begin, `Once there an ancient unicorn society that lived in a peaceful manner. They help each other out, they did not argue with one another. They pretty much were a utopia society. They even told stories about gods and how the world was made. They enchanted their stories with their magic to make them seem more realistic. One day, eight unicorns were telling a story, but accidently created the creature known as, Umbra Aquila (meaning “shadow eagle”), and it started to attack the society. Every unicorn in the society was killed, except the eight that created the creature. They were severally ruined. Soon they turned themselves into crests (later known as the Crests of Equestria). They rested into eight temples to hold back Umbra. Only problem was, that they couldn’t do it forever as they had no bearers to them. Umbra Aquila was only hold back for 100 years. Once the 100 years passed, Umbra was awoken again. Soon he released an all out attacks on cities of Equestria. He destroyed half of the cities, killing millions of innocent ponies. The two princesses were not aware of his attack on Equestria. They could not detect his presence until he got near Canterlot. Soon as they detected him, they called upon the Elements of Harmony to defeat him, but they were not aware of the crests. Once they found out they would hope that they could bear each one, but they could only bear two. They knew they had to wait a thousand of years to have six ponies find the crest that they called the Crests of Equestria and be able to stop Umbra Aquila forever.’ And that my friend, is the story of the creature we are dealing with.” said Sweet Wind. Whipping yawned after hearing the whole legend. She did not like when Sweet Wind told the whole legend of something.

“Why couldn’t you just tell me about who he was and how to beat him?” said Whipping.

Sweet Wind let out a sigh.”Look you just need to know where he comes from. If I didn’t you would be confuse about what you are after.” said Sweet Wind. Whipping just scoffs and just let out a sigh. Whipping hated when Sweet Wind was right, sometimes.

“So we just need to go to where the princesses are at and ask them where the temples are at?” asked Whipping.

“We can try, but I don’t they actually have a map, so I don’t know.” said Sweet Wind.

“Well it doesn’t hurt to try.” said Whipping. Sweet Wind just nodded. They pack some things in their saddlebags and started to leave.

They got near an exit of the town, but Umbra Aquila just landed in front of them. “Now where do you think you are going?” asked Umbra. Whipping Bumpkin just looked at him with a dirty. She didn’t want to tell him what she was doing. She knew he was going to stop her.

“We are just leaving to live in another town.” She finally replied. Sweet Wind was shocked by the reply; in fact she didn’t think Whipping was going to reply at all. Umbra gave a terrible laugh.

“Silly mare, I’ll destroy every town in Equestria has so there will be no place to live!” said Umbra. Again Umbra let out an evil laugh.

“Okay, we are trying to find the two princesses to get the Crests of Equestria.” said Sweet Wind as she couldn’t hold the truth anymore; knowing that nothing they would say would have him leave them alone. Whipping soon slapped Sweet Wind. Umbra let out a screeching laugh.

“The princesses have vanish into a vortex I created ripping them apart slowly and painfully, along with completely erasing everything about them. Heck even, their history and existents, so no pony would know they ever existed. “ said Umbra. He soon laughed once more. Whipping Bumpkin gave Umbra Aquila a dirty look.

“Wait! If you can do that with the princesses, then why not all of Equestria?” asked Sweet Wind.

“I’m glad you ask! The thing is I can, but it would be less enjoyable for me to watch every pony suffer like they are.” explained Umbra. Yet another laughs comes from Umbra. Whipping Bumpkin was so angry at Umbra, she flew at him. Umbra countered by flapping his wings causing a gust of wind to blow Whipping into an apple market stand. Mad Dasher saw what just happen after spending a lot of time looking for her.

“Whipping!” shouted Dasher. He went to where she was blown along with Sweet Wind, who was going to check on Whipping as well.

“You ponies know that none of you are strong enough to withstand me! No pony can stop me! For now I’m done with this town, I got more towns to fear me first.” said Umbra. He let out a loud screech to make more lighting strike four houses and then flew off.

Mad Dasher and Sweet Wind look upset at the pile of apples on their friend. While they were about to cry, Whipping arose from the apples, but then falls over trying to stand up. Whipping then screams in pain. She had a small patch of blood con her chest, scars on both cheeks, and a medium size patch of blood above her right thigh of her back leg. Whipping was breathing heavily while lying on the ground. “We…need…to..stop..him!” said Whipping after each gasp. Mad Dasher just shook his head in disagreement.

“Look at you! He will kill you, you would be like your mother!” said Dasher.

“Mad Dasher is right. Besides the princesses are slowly dying in a vortex, so we cannot help them. Besides we don’t of map to the temples that protect the Crests of Equestria. “ said Sweet Wind. All the sudden, Mad Dasher remembered that he had book that he borrowed from Sweet Wind.

“Hold on, I think I will go get something. It had a map to these temples that I never heard of. Sweet Wind stay and make Whipping don’t try to get away and go after him.” said Mad Dasher. He then quickly uses his magic to boost his speed to go to his house. Whipping Bumpkin slowly got to her feet and started limp off. Sweet Wind put her left hoof on Whipping, but Whipping knocked it off.

“You heard what Mad Dasher said!” said Sweet Wind. Whipping just ignored her and kept on limping away, but she then collapse to the ground. Sweet Wind just sighed. “Whipping…what are we going to do with you.” thought Sweet Wind.

Mad Dasher came back only a few seconds later with the book. “You forgot I borrowed this book from you. It is called ‘Temples of Shadows’. It is said that these Crests of Equestria are hidden in them. There is a map of Equestria with each one on it.” said Mad Dasher. Sweet Wind took the book. She started to look at a map to see the closest one to Fillydelphia.

“The first temple is the Shadowy Nature Temple. Since it is the closest to us.” said Sweet Wind. Whipping Bumpkin had gotten back up and started to limp towards the exit.

“Oh no you don’t!” said Mad Dasher as he quickly got in front of her. Whipping glared at Dasher for getting in front of her. “We are going to have to find some other ponies to help us. Sorry, but you are too badly injured to go.” said Mad Dasher.

“Let me guess you told my father.” said Whipping. Mad Dasher just nodded. Whipping let out a sigh and started to limp back home.

“Might as well, and besides I’m very hungry anyways.” thought Whipping.

“Wait, you can come with us! We do need six ponies! We can just find the other three instead of four while traveling.” said Sweet Wind. A smile formed whipping’s face. Mad Dasher was surprise by the comment Sweet Wind made.

“Look, this is something Whipping has been something wanted to do, because of her mother.” said Sweet Wind. Mad Dasher let a sigh. He still wasn’t happy, but he knew Sweet Wind was right. He cared about Whipping enough to let her go. He knew her father was going to be upset, he knew had to stop listening to her father. While Whipping went back to her friends, her stomach growled.

“Ugh, I’m soooooo hungry!” said Whipping. Sweet Wind and Mad Dasher both sighed and then smiled as they were hungry too. They started to pull out some of food that they had packed for the journey and started eating it. Whipping Bumpkin was just glad that she was things other than apple bread. While she was thinking about the not having apple bread, she sighed as she knew her father was going to worry. She did love her father and all, but was just tired of him and his complaints. Once every pony was done eating, they left town and started their adventure.

To be continue…