• Published 27th Aug 2013
  • 285 Views, 0 Comments

What Makes the World the World - IfOnlyICouldDeactivate



Emotions, pain, struggle, death, happiness, joy, friendship, sadness, depression and regret. Things that make the world the one we know. - A collection of short stories, all based upon a simple idea that came to my mind at the time.

  • ...
 0
 285

Sunrise

Sunrise

Slowly, steadily, the sun’s golden rays begin to brush against the delicate surface of the world. Golden beams of light flit their way through the luscious green leaves of the trees that surround a lone lake, dappling the calm water with irregular shadows, ever changing in the gentle morning breeze.

I stand alone by the lake, gazing out across the sea of apple trees that stretch out before me for as far as the eye can see, mounting hills and disappearing again behind them. The rising sun casts long shadows across the valleys of green that span for miles eastward.

My breath casts soft wisps of disturbance amongst the crisp morning air, causing spirals of fine mist to radiate from my freckled features. I gently lift off my Stetson hat and shake my head, clearing the morning fogginess from my brain.

A big day ahead, and it’s already begun. The warmth of the radiant morning sun warms my orange fur as I trot off into the sprawling orchid before me, turning my back on this peaceful sunrise to greet the day before me.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment