• Published 26th Aug 2013
  • 353 Views, 3 Comments

Elements of Revival - ChivalrythePegasus



After a disaster hits Equestria, the few living ponies struggle to survive. Spearheaded by a pair of alicorns a group of survivors manage to thrive, but questions still remain as everypony tries to make sense of what happened.

  • ...
 3
 353

Capture

It has been a week since they took Aluna, a week since they took a step too far. Since then, everypony has been on the lookout to try to find her. According to Timberhitch and Virtue, they didn't kill her at the time, she was dragged away. I don't know what has caused this change in these creatures, last time we had encountered these, things, they were a mindless mob, they did nothing but kill. This has vexed me to no end. Nothing that I can think of adds up to this. There's no explanation for how they've become so organized. Hope has said some things to me about what that demon said before he was destroyed, something about a she. Whatever it means, it may just be that reason we've been working for...

Morningrise stood at the town center of Ponyville, with Virtue and Chivalry standing by him, around him, everypony searched houses, searched everything for signs. Morningrise, for the first time, stood normally, his afflictions, his burden, had been removed, he was finally him again. He stood triumphant, even, looking into the distance. Vela approached, looking to Morningrise, then to Chivalry and Virtue. She looked normal at first, but began to tear up, she wimpered the same sentence.

"Nothing... still nothing." She said as tears continued to run down Vela's face. Morningrise lifted her head, looking her in the eye.

"We will find her. I promise you." Morningrise said, looking to the unicorn, who slowly began to stop crying, mustering a nod. She smiled, and thanked him, as she walked back to the group, continuing to assist the search. Morningrise turned to Chivalry, serious.

"Continue the search sweeps, I want every area of this city scoured. They took her somewhere, I want to know where." Morningrise said, Chivalry nodding and signaling to Virtue as the two flew off further into the city. Morningrise began to walk, checking the progress of the scouts. He passed Sparta, who almost immediately stopped him as he passed.

"Did I hear what I thought I just heard? Are we really wasting MORE of our time on this?" Sparta said, looking at Morningrise with a disgusted scowl.

"Wasting? We are using our time to try to rescue Aluna, not wasting it." Morningrise responded, the scowl still lingering on Sparta's face.

"Maybe it isn't a waste of your time, but it wastes mine." Sparta said, to which Morningrise fired back immediately, with an angered look.

"Just the fact that you say that disgusts me. This is the pony that would lay he life down on the line for you, and you won't do the same?" Morningrise responded, to which Sparta rolled his eyes and turned away, saying one last rude response in passing.

"Whatever you say, Morningrise." Morningrise sighed, turning away and returning to the other ponies to assist in the search.

"He'll never change."

Aluna awoke to nearly pure darkness, with the only light from the room coming from the other corner from a dull torch. She startled, looking around, seeing nothing. She tried to walk forward, but was stopped almost immediately from the grate of a cage.

"What in Celestia's name?" Aluna used a spell, creating a small light, which revealed the surroundings within a couple of feet of her. She could not see much further than this, which marked the edge of her cage. She was trapped. She thought for a second, then tried a fire spell. As it charged, the cage glowed, as a shadowy voice boomed from deeper in the cave.

"I wouldn't try that if I were you..." The voice said, as the cage shocked Aluna. The same voice laughed, the sound echoing through the cave.

"You really expect to escape? That's actually quite funny." The voice said, as Aluna's ears dropped in confusion.

"Let me out of here, and I'll show you funny!" Aluna responded, getting another echo of laughter.

"In due time, anxious little unicorn, In due time... Until then, keep your pretty little self there." The laughter echoed a third time, eventually disappearing. Aluna sighed, seeing nothing further than the cage door.

"Why so grim?" Another voice sounded, startling Aluna. she looked around, still not seeing anything.

"Hello?" She said, looking around again.

"Oh, yeah you can't really see us can you?" The voice said, getting a shake of the head from Aluna. Afterwards, a loud smack sounded, making another light, revealing the figure of two earth ponies.

"Greetings." The two figures were stallions, lightly armored and in the image of each other. They must have been brothers.

"And you are?" The second figure spoke, definitely with a more definite voice.

"I'm Aluna."

"Wait, THE Aluna? Half of the Crystal Empire's star sorceresses?" The second voice spoke again, the face becoming more lit as he put his muzzle forward. A scar was visible on the left side of his muzzle, a blade wound. Aluna nodded, looking at the shadows.

"And you are?" Aluna answered, looking to the two figures. They nudged each other, and then the first one spoke.

"I'm Blitz. And this is Lancelot." The two figures became fully visible now, as Lancelot lit another torch. Blitz had grey fur with red eyes, and Lancelot Silver-white with blue eyes. Both had Black hair that was medium to long sized. She looked at the two of them, seeing that they were brothers. She felt somewhat strange, not being able to actually greet them closer with a shake of the hoof or a cordial greeting. Long distance just wasn't her thing.

"Well, do you have any idea where we are?" Aluna said, getting a shrug from both of them.

"I'm not sure, but when they drug us kicking and screaming into here, it was some mountain, we were fighting enemies near Canterlot." Something struck Aluna's curiosity. She thought hard, and tried what she had always done to communicate with Vela. She thought harder, trying to send a message to Vela.

"Vela, if you can hear this, they have us in the mountains near Canterlot..."

The group found nothing from the whole day, as Vela began to walk off disappointed. Sat down, her haunches dropping in frustration. She looked up, seeing nothing, then dropped her head.

"What will I do without her?" She said, not being afraid to say it with eveypony else away. Then she heard something. She looked around, there wasn't anypony around... again, this time stronger. Then a third time, this time it was clear, she thought she was crazy, but she recognized the voice. It was Aluna.

"Vela, if you can hear this..." She was too shocked, she couldn't believe it. Then finally after a few more tedious seconds, she mustered a response.

"Aluna, you're alive!" She thought back at her, as she stood up. The excitement could not be contained.

"She's alive... She's alive!!!!" She ran back to the others, talking to Morningrise.

"Morningrise, you won't believe what's happened..."

Aluna looked around, still not being able to find any signs of the exact location they were in. Blitz and Lancelot where sleeping, but Aluna couldn't sleep. All the anxiety from everything had gotten to her. She thought about Vela, and how she had found her. He looked over to the cage, trying to get Blitz or Lancelot's attention.

"Blitz... Lancelot..." Aluna said, trying to get one of them to wake up.

"Huh...Wha?" The two said, groaning and beginning to wake up.

"Vela said they're coming... I'm not sure when, but you need to be awake when they get here. We will need to get out as soon as possible." Aluna said, getting a confused look, then a laugh out of the two.

"Aluna, go back to sleep, we are stuck here, that's just how it's going to be." Blitz said, getting an incoherent nod from Lancelot. The two went back to sleep, and Aluna sighed. "They'll see." She thought. " I hope they'll see."

Morningrise stood in the path, everypony huddled around him. He spoke clearly, and stood with pride.

"Everypony, Aluna is alive!" Muttering and murmuring erupted from the group. Could this really be true? "They have her near canterlot, we must move now before they move her." The muttering grew louder, as Morningrise tried to control the crowd. Chivalry stood forward.

"How will we approach this? Should we just try to sneak by?" Chivalry spoke, getting a shake of the head from Morningrise.

"They will be expecting that, we need to catch them off guard." Morningrise said, getting a curious look from Chivalry.

"And how will we do that?"

Aluna woke still in the cage, sighing. Just another day. Trapped, locked in hell. Stuck here. The thought disgusted her. She rose anyway, as there wasn't much that she could do about it. She looked over, as Blitz and Lancelot were already up.

"Wakey Wakey." Blitz said, looking to Aluna with a grim stare.

"Your friends are in quite a pickle." Lancelot said, as the deep voice echoed through the cave again.

"They will be mine now too." Laughter erupted again, filling Aluna with rage. She bashed her haunch into the cage, bucked it, no budge. She sighed, sitting down. Now the voice had a figure, standing in the other end of the room with an orb.

"They all will be mine....." The sound echoed as Aluna sighed, thinking something to Vela.

"This is all my fault...."