• Published 25th Aug 2013
  • 647 Views, 31 Comments

Might Be just a day away - Fat1thatyoulove



The sequel to the MAybe series, part 44. Follow our main character thought his newest trails as he tries to better understand the power he possess. And how it affects the ones he loves.

  • ...
2
 31
 647

Chapter 4

Chapter 4 – A gust of old

It's been probably close to about an hour since Twilight and everypony left, you're not completely sure but you've gotten a lot better at guessing pony time for the most part. Truthfully you don't really care seeings as how you and Violet have found something to do, Twilight said she had to practice magic, but she didn't say for how long so you've decided to make today just a relax day.

You and the little filly have taken a spot towards one of the larger bookshelves in the main part of the library, really anywhere would be find but you would rather not go up the small staircase that leads to the upper level and you didn't want to sit too near the door incase somepony decided to check out or drop off a book.

You've always kind of enjoyed sitting on the floor rather than sitting in a chair or something, mainly because you feel off balance with your front hooves off the ground. But you do find your own unique enjoyment from having the light purple filly so close to you as she sits on her little pillow, ponies grow up too fast and you don't know how much time you have until the little filly is no longer little. So you're going to enjoy her childlike needs to slightly snuggle up close to you while it last.

A few spell books lay around the floor mixed with one or two storybooks Violet picked out. Reading never really has been something you've enjoyed and every time you hear Twilight say, just read a book you always get a sad reminder there's no tv in this pony world...Not that you really can remember it all the time but when you do your realize how badly you actually miss just flipping through random channels.

You push the thought aside as you continue to read the simple foal's story that Violet picked out.

"...And that's when it happened, the great big one eyed-..." You stop your building and playfully excited voice for dramatic effect as the sound of a hoof knocking to the door comes around the house.

You turn your head to the door as you float the book face down to the ground to hold the page, the little filly loses a bit of her excited and interested forward lean as you trot towards the door, "Hold on Violet..."

You bring your trot to an end as you move your hoof to the door and put on a friendly smile, but as you look over the smaller grey stallion with dark blackish mane standing in the doorway you lose a little bit of your smile. Your eyes drift over his satchel bag that acts as his own winter saddle from its size, "Hello betrunken..." He gives a smile as he continues, "...I need your-..."

To the words you close the door just hoping the small stallion will disappear, you stare to the red oak door for only a moment as the sound of a hoof knocking on it comes back to the house. You give a sigh as you realize your attempt at vanishing the small stallion will not be working.

You open the door again as you speak up you're already pre-planned response, "I don't care about your basement and no Stony you can't hav-..." You stop your words as you look over a slightly dark orange pegasus, "Volt?"

The stallion holds a sheepish friendly smile as he brings his right hoof to wave hello with his voice, but he's cut off from his greeting as the small grey stallion pushes past him and you into the library, "Really? You leave the door open for the unseriös one but not for me?" Stony shakes his head as he continues his trot towards the main part of the library.

"Wha-...Stony, I don't care about your basement and i'm not giving you any mane." Your mind quickly runs through your previous statement as the stallion turns his head back to you with his halting trot.

Stony's face shows a bit of confusion as he looks you over, "You act like we're not friends?"

You blink to the words as you try to speak up, but your comment is halted as Volt comes into the house followed by two higher pitched childlike voices.

You turn to the sounds as you watch two familiar looking young colts following in behind the orange pegasus. As the colts enter the house Violet brings herself up from her seat on the floor as she starts towards where the new ponies have comes to stand.

As the filly trots to the room the two colts shoot back a smile as they trot over towards her and start to talk, but your ability to listen to the foal's conversation is lost as you turn back to Stony with a new slightly defeated tone, "What do you need?"
Stony straightens his stance as he pokes his head a little up, "I want an apology for you closing your door, this library is a public place and it was very rude."

You roll your eyes to the comment as you speak up, "I'm sorry Stony."

The stallion taps his hoof to his mouth as he hums to himself, "It's not believable."

To the words Volt speaks up as he nods towards the main library, "Can you just get what you need? I don't want to have to run all over town."

The small stallion's attention turns to the pegasus as he points his hoof to him, "Ha, that's not true, you just don't want your mare finding out you left the house." He turns to you as he looks you over, "hmmm, I have yet to see your mare, I assume you are foal sitting as well?" He gives a cocky smile as he lets his joke roll thought the room.

You don't share in his amusement as you just stare to the considerably smaller stallion, but he loses his laugh as he rolls his hoof to you, "Oh you mare are no fun...might as well go back to what I need."

The grey stallion turns back to the library as he starts to search the bookshelves, the orange pegasus turns to the two colts as he speaks up, "Sparky, Bell, you two should just have a seat...I think Tombstone is going to take a little."

"Owk dad." The light orange colt and the blue unicorn colt move towards the table as Violet follows after them. You move towards the grey stallion as you speak up now trying to act like you really know what you're doing, "What are you looking for?"

But as you move after the stallion he holds his hoof up, "Shhh, I am thinking-...MY Luna is that an OWL!" Stony's hoof comes to point at the owl that's been perched happily in the corner near the window.

"Who?"

Stony's trot comes to him fast as he moves towards the bird, but as he does this you quickly move to cut him off, "No, your not taking it's beak or something."

The grey stallion stops his trot as you move in front of his path, with a roll of the eyes he waves his hoof to you as he tries to move past you, "Nonsense betrunken..." He gives a slight laugh as he shakes his head, "...A beak is no good, I would need a feather...just one."

Stony turns his head back to the owl as he looks it over, to the strange pony's stare Owlicious eyes go a little wider.

"Wha-...No stony, you're not plucking feathers." Your voice brings a slight sigh from the stallion as he shrugs and turns his gaze back to the bookshelves, "Fine...Now happily follow me around until I have found the book i'm looking for."

You blink to his comment but before you can ask a question the stallion's horn has sparked up as books start to come from the shelves and float towards him, "No...No...No..." As each book leaves his magic it floats to you and you quickly bring your own magic to keep them from falling to the floor as the stallion continues on down the rows. Volt just watches the slight magic show with a hint of confusion and amazement to your magic.

Violet and the other two foals don't take notice to the magic show as they stand near the table continuing to talk, "...I'm the best at snowball fights now, nopony has even come close to beating me after you showed me how to do that thing." The blue unicorn colt quickly changes his excitement as he brings his head up to a straighter tilt, "That was pretty cool...for a filly."

The light purple filly gives her own response but the colt doesn't follow the simple hoof motion as he just stares to her. But her silence doesn't prompt another response from the colt as the light orange pegasus moves to one of the seats at the table as he shifts his hooves to a small pocket on his saddle, "You ownly win because nopony else can throw as fast."

He turns his sigh to Violet as the normal stuffy nosed voiced colt tries to whisper though his smile, "He still lost to a filwy"

The words bring a slight smile from Violet as Sparky cracks up in a childlike giggle, but the two foal's laughs turn the other colt's squeaky voice to a faked deeper tone as he tries to puff his chest out, "At least I can throw a snowball, heck I bet I could even sled down Feather Peak hill."

Sparky loses some of his giggly tone as he blinks a little surprised to the words, "But, that place is only for big foals?"

From the words Violet's ears flick as she listens more a little harder to the cocky blue stallion's words, "Pff, so? I bet I could go down it in like sixty hours flat..." The colt stutters on his words as he quickly tries to correct himself, "I mean sixty minutes...I mean uh...you know the numbers that's a minutes."

Sparky smiles as he answer, "Sixty seconds?"

The giggly tone brings the blue colt's eyes to an annoyed squint as he produces his bottom lip a little, "So what, I was close."

Violet gives her own faint wheezing laugh to the colt's funny and annoyed face as Sparky unfolds the paper that he pulled from his saddle's pocket, "Well, my dad wont take us to Feather pwek if we don't at least start our pre-school prwject."

The blue colt gives a loud groan as he tilts his head up, "Ugh...Why do we have a project for that any hooves." He brings his head back down to face the colt as he talks, "My brother says that-that preschool is not even um...the real thing, it don't even matter at all!" His excitable voice comes to an end as he holds his wide eyes to the orange colt. But he turns his gaze back to Violet as he nudges her, "You were smart to not come back."

Violet just blinks to the colt's comment as Sparky speaks up, "Well we still have to dwo it." He looks down to the paper as he sighs, "I don't know why I picked math as my last thingy to do."

To the changed expression on the colt's face Violet moves closer to where the colt sits as she looks over the crumbled up paper. Theres only five questions on it but none of them are done or even started, the problems are simple and very easy addition and subtraction...which makes the little filly stare a little confused to it as she thinks over the colt's comment.

Sparky dips his hoof back to his saddle's pocket as he pulls out a pencil, but as it comes into view Violet's horn sparks up as she takes it from his hoof and puts it to the paper. The confused colt just watches the pencil and it's puppet master making quick work of the page as the chime of her low blue magic holds to the table.

It only takes a moment before Violet floats the taken pencil back to Sparky. It takes a few seconds for the colt to look over the numbers on the paper, but as he does he turns a smile to Violet, "Hey...how did you do that so fast?"

Bell gets his own smile as he quickly darts his hoof to his saddle, "Oh oh, could you do mine? I don't like writing stuff but I picked it."

To the words Violet sticks her tongue out a little and shakes her head.

"What?! Come on?" The blue colt's faked manly voice turns more into a feminine whine as he holds his fluorescent green eyes to her, "No fair, you helped Sparky."

Violet holds a smile as she keeps her head up copying her mother's own refusal like stance.

Bell gives up on the plea as the sound of your voice comes back more to the room.

"Stony! Just tell me what you're looking for?!" The small grey stallion pauses his stream of books as he holds a slight surprised face to your tone, you're not mad but you're starting to get annoyed from the constant and same exact tone he used for the word no...that has come from every book.

Stony cocks his head as he holds a book to his grasp, "Oooh, I'm sorry. I had thought the betrunken narr never knew anything about his mare's library."

You blink to his words as you float the book in your grasp back to it's spot, "You're still mad about the door aren't you?"

The grey stallion pushes his head up proudly as he talks, "I have the right to look for a book however I want, I have a Ponyville library card..." He quickly rushes through his sentence as he continues, "I just don't have it with me-BUT I can still look however I want, and for however long I want."

You look him over unimpressed as you think to yourself, obviously this stallion doesn't know who you are...Not worth it, "Fine."

"Good." Stony floats the book to his face as he nods, "Oh look this is what I needed." His horn's spell drops as the few other books he had fall to the floor as he trots away with his face buried to the cover.

You shoot a death stare that goes unseen as you float the books from the ground, "Hey, I don't come into your house and do this."

Stony rolls his hoof to your words as he turns his head back to you, "Of course not, you just eat my roses pass out on my lawn and allow your foal to turn my house into a snow globe. Spider mane was soaked for hours after I found the poor thing trapped under the cup I left it in."

"What?-"

Your voice is cut off as Stony reaches into his satchel, "Enough talk, I must do what needs to be done."

End of chapter 4