• Published 24th Feb 2012
  • 1,506 Views, 19 Comments

Sherlock Hooves. Adventure one: Greg the griffon. - 30bars



Sherlock and Watson have to interrogate the mane six in order to solve Greg's case.

  • ...
1
 19
 1,506

Chapter eight: Plot twist!

“So, why do you think it's Spike again?” Watson asked while trying to keep up with Sherlock. He frankly had done enough running for today and was falling behind.

If you don't already know, it's quite hard to run at night, but Watson knew that if he didn't run fast enough, then the King of the gryphons would probably die in a horrible explosion. This gave Watson the motivation he needed.

The two stallions were running alone. Justin had gone to the police station to get backup just in case. Thankfully, it wasn't too far away from the trail to Horseshoe Street.

Sherlock answered back as best he could whilst sprinting, “It's all because Twilight owns Pine Trees from Gryphon’s Land.

That didn't clarify anything for Watson.

Sherlock kept talking, “Remember when Twilight was reading the books off the shelf for Fluttershy?”

Watson answered, “NO!”

Sherlock didn't explain. He just ran the scene through his head again.

**********************

Twilight started reading the book’s title from the shelf going left to right. “Pegasus and Gryphon Similarities, you probably don't want that.” Twilight smiled and read again, “Pie Recipes for Gryphons. Pinkie Pie might like this.” Twilight sat the book aside so she could give it to her pink friend later. “Planning a Gryphon Family, definitely not that one.”

**********************

“Pine Trees from Gryphon’s Land should’ve been there! Right between Pie recipes and planning a family!”

Watson asked while taking in deep breaths and trying his best to stay on the dirt trail, “What?! I don’t remember that.”

Sherlock didn't pay attention to his sidekick. He kept talking, “But it wasn't there.” He started to think. “When Spike came home with Pinkie he went upstairs. That's where Pine Trees from Gryphon’s Land book was.”

*********************

Spike, where have you been?” Twilight asked.

Spike went upstairs and started looking through books. “Oh, me and Pinkie went on an adventure.”

That was something you don’t hear your brother do every day. Especially in this early hour. Twilight asked, “What?”

Pinkie, suddenly appearing in the doorway, spoke. “Guess who we saw!”

Twilight looked away from Spike and over at Pinkie Pie. She asked, “Who?”

*********************

“He must’ve got a look at Greg's bomb when Pinkie was distracting Greg and Gilda in the morning. I mean, he was watching them the entire time.”

*********************

Spike eventually started running next to Pinkie and he asked, “What was that all about?”

“Spike!? Where were you?” Pinkie totally forgot about Spike.

“I was watching you. Why were you so nice to Gilda?”

*********************

“You should explain, Sherlock! I wasn't at the interrogation.” Watson complained.

Without missing a beat, Sherlock continued, “So Spike found out that Greg was using West-Bolio pine leaves. He used Pine Trees from Gryphon’s Land to find out that it was a bomb! Now where did the little critter appear next?” Sherlock paused thinking. “When he was injured on Greg’s back.”

Watson became too tired to care anymore.

“He went over to Greg's house. That's why Spike was so close to it.

*********************
A loud scream pierced the night, startling Fluttershy. She looked down in its general direction, and spotting a small shack, landed nearby to investigate. Circling the house, she came upon none other than Spike, mounted on the back of a gryphon, his back scraped up and bloody.

*********************

“So, when Spike talked to Greg, something happened. Something that wasn't a tree related accident and something that made Spike not want to get a ride to the hospital.

******************
Fluttershy panicked at the sight of her baby dragon friend. “Oh my, is he hurt? What happened? He needs to get to a hospital...”

“I can do it.” the gryphon said quickly. Too quickly.

“Oh, alright, If that's ok with you...” Fluttershy decided that today wasn't a good day to argue with a gryphon.

Spike moaned as he rolled over on the gryphon’s back. “No... I’ll walk, I think I can make it.” He pushed himself off the gryphon, only to stumble as he hit the ground.

Fluttershy asked, “Are you sure?”

The gryphon cut in, “Yeah, Spike. Let me take you.”

Spike found his balanced and said, “No, I can make it. It's not too far away.” And without letting anyone else talk, he ran off.

******************

“Do you think that, maybe, Greg attacked Spike? That's how he got cut marks on his back. And that's why he didn't want a ride to the hospital. Greg would have attacked him more if they were alone.” Sherlock suddenly realized something else.

********************

A rough voice responded immediately, “Look dragon, stop asking me questions! I told ya ta beat it!”

********************

“That's why when Rarity went to meet Greg, he thought it was Spike asking him more questions, and it might explain why Greg’s been in such a bad mood.”

Watson wasn't even listening now. He was focusing on mustering up enough energy to keep running.

“Where did we see the purple dragon next?” Sherlock kept talking when he remembered, “At the hospital!”

*********************

When Rainbow opened the door she was surprised to see two familiar faces there. The first face was Spike.

*********************

“Okay, so nothing really happened there. He just went to the hospital and left in a hurry. He probably didn't feel comfortable having a gryphon bandage him up. Then, he wanted to talk to Twilight. He wanted to tell her that Greg attacked him.”

**********************

Just after Twilight asked, Spike came into the house. He had a bandage around his chest stained with his green blood. Twilight asked, “What happened to you?”

“Twilight, we need to talk.” said the baby dragon.

“I’m kind of busy. Can we talk when I’m all done?”

“It’s important!” Spike whined.

“It can wait.” Twilight said.

Spike groaned, “Fine, you won’t listen to me. I’ll just tell somepony else.” Spike huffed, then trudged upstairs.

**********************

"But she didn't listen. Spike said he was going to tell somepony else. But he didn't. Why wouldn't he?”

Sherlock thought back to the scene.

********************

Spike grunted and came downstairs. He never made eye contact with his sister as he walked outside.

Derpy didn’t miss a beat, “Did you know that Greg has sent a letter to the gryphon King? I get to meet him when I deliver his letter!” Derpy said excitingly. “Since the letter is so important, I put it in the most secure mail room. All you need is a special key to get inside.”

********************

“As soon as Spike left, Derpy started talking about Greg! Do you think…no.”

“Wh-what?” Watson managed to say.

“Spike overheard Derpy and he…he stole her key!”

Of course that meant nothing to Watson.

“That's why the most secure mail room was already unlocked! And that’s why Spike knew where the letter and key was. It was with him! Spike snuck into the mailroom and he took Greg’s letter. Whatever was on that letter must’ve been important. It also had to have the King’s location too. That's how Spike knew where he was.”

The two ran in silence for a while.

“Then…Spike talked to Fluttershy. He wanted the big ‘gryphons’ book from her. But Fluttershy had read that entire book. If Spike had a question he would just ask her.” Sherlock pondered the situation for a bit. “…unless Spike didn't want Fluttershy to know his question…”

Sherlock's eyes lit up as he said, “His question was, what poison kills a gryphon? He couldn't ask Fluttershy that would seem too suspicious. When he finally got his claws on the book, he made the poison, using a syringe needle because he could grab one when he was in the hospital.”

Watson finally contributed, “He also used his sister’s bottle to put the poison in. It didn’t say 5.M.L on the bottle. It was T.W.S. The 'T' was written so fancy that it looked like an ‘L’ when it was upside-down.”

“That's right! Twilight always labels everything that's hers!” Sherlock realized. “So after Spike killed Greg, he found the bomb in the closet and is now taking it to the King. That's why I had smelled dragon scales.”

“But wait…” Watson spoke up. “Why would Spike want Greg dead for making a bomb? Why use the bomb to kill the King?”

Sherlock thought for a while. He was getting tired from running to and was trotting next to Watson now. “Perhaps Spike thought Greg was using the bomb for bad and not for science.”

“Wait a minute.” said Watson. “At the house I found a letter that Greg never finished writing.”

“Where did you find that?” Sherlock asked.

“In a secret room,” Watson answered.

“Aaaahhhhhh. That's where Greg put all of his boxes! And that's why he said he was doing work on the drywall.”

“Anyways,” Watson continued, “The letter was to the King and he said that he was backing out from his project that the King assigned to him. Greg stated that ponies were too nice. Why would Greg back out if the bomb wasn't made for evil? And why didn't Spike tell anypony and what was on that letter Derpy thought she lost?”

Sherlock and Watson saw Horseshoe Street and a tall wooden house near it. The lights were turned on and there was a sign in the front yard that read, ‘K.A.P meeting today W/King RZC. Greg has finished.’

“What time is it?” Sherlock asked.

Watson successfully pulled out his pocket watch and said, “Eleven p.m. The meeting has just started.”

“Hopefully our questions will be answered in there!” said Sherlock while running faster than he ever had. Hopefully the bomb wouldn't explode while they were still outside.

Watson agreed and they both darted inside. In the house, Sherlock saw a number of things. The first thing that caught his eye was the room was filled with gryphons of all colors and one red, teenage dragon with his teeth hanging out of his mouth. On the other end of the room there was a stage and a gryphon was standing on the stage behind a podium. That must have been the gryphon King, Razorclaw. All the gryphons were facing their king until Sherlock and Watson burst through, causing all eyes to fall on them.

Sherlock and Watson were still running at a full sprint inside the house. That’s because, straight ahead of them, they saw him next to it. They saw Spike next to a dolly with a cake on top of it. Or it would have looked like cake if it didn’t have a lit fuse on it. The fuse only had a few more inches left.

Sherlock ran towards Spike. When Spike saw him he started running too. Spike screamed, “Nononononononono!” just before Sherlock tackled him.

Watson ran up to the cake bomb. The fuse was getting closer and closer to the insides of the cake. Watson tried to pull out the fuse with his mouth, but it wouldn’t come out. Since the fuse was already in his mouth, Watson started to chew on it. Hopefully he could cut it before the fire on the fuse reached him.

Watson could feel the fire getting closer to the side of his face. He managed to break the fuse just in the nick of time. He spit out the fuse on the ground so the fire would get away from him. Watson watched the fuse burn up to nothing on the ground.

The gryphon on the stage yelled out, “What is the meaning of this?!” He sounded very annoyed.

“Your majesty,” Sherlock said while looking at Spike. He put a hoof on the Spike so he could stand up and make sure Spike didn’t get away. When he did stand up, he saw a bad thing. A banner over the King read, ‘Kill All Ponies.’

So, that’s what K.A.P stood for.

“Um.” Sherlock suddenly became unsure of his plan. He didn’t know what to say next, so he just explained, “Spike was going to kill all of you with this bomb!” He pointed at the cake next to Watson.

The gryphon King laughed. And soon the rest of the audience followed. That really scared the crap out Sherlock.

The King continued, “Well it’s a good thing you stopped him, Sherlock.” The King said ‘Sherlock’ like an insult. Sherlock was to scared wondering how the King knew his name to care. “So it seems that the nerd had finished the bomb before he died everygryphon.” The group of about fifty gryphons started to cheer. Did he just call Greg a ‘nerd?’ When everygryphon calmed down the King said, “Thanks for stopping him Sherlock. I was wondering why he brought a refreshment. If you hadn’t stopped him, then this little secret agent of ours could have killed me along with other trained warriors.”

Sherlock was too scared to say anything. The King kept laughing. When he finally calmed down he said, “Well, thank you so much for saving all of our lives, but since you know about our little club, I’m afraid we’re going to have to kill you.”

All the gryphons turned and smiled like they were going to eat Sherlock. Probably because they were.

Instantly, four policeponies came in the house. Officer Johnson was one of them and he yelled, “FREEZE!” The door was already open so they all just ran in. One of them was Justin, and the others were a pegasus and a unicorn. They all held police batons and were immediately shocked when they saw all the gryphons in the room.

The king laughed again. “Four? You brought four ponies? That's adorable! I can see why my father’s wanted to get rid of this race of creatures. Alright men, kill them all.”

The gryphons and one dragon army started to walk closer.

That gave Sherlock an idea. A very, very crazy idea.

He picked up Spike, one hoof on his waist and the other hoof on top of Spike’s head. Sherlock ran next to the bomb and yelled, “DON’T MOVE OR ALL BLOW YOU ALL TO BITS AND I DON’T MEAN MONEY!”

The gryphon army stopped walking and the King asked, “What are you doing?”

Sherlock answered, “This bomb is still hot and all I need is a fire breathing dragon to light it again!”

The gryphon king thought for a second. “...How big will the blast be?”

Watson whispered something, “r = 2,739 feet.” Sherlock turned to Watson. He continued, “R stands for radius…” He started talking louder so Razorclaw could hear, “It can blow up over a mile of stuff!” Watson used ‘mile’ so everygryphon could understand him.

The king was not happy at all to hear that fact. Sherlock said as best he could to sound tough and not scared, “You can surrender now or you'll all get blown up!”

The King raised an eyebrow, “You would kill yourselves just so you could kill me?”

“You're not leaving me with a lot of options your highness.” Sherlock said ‘highness’ like an insult. “I can let you kill all of us, then you'll follow through with your 'kill all ponies' plan, which I'm not going to let happen. Or you can surrender now, and maybe only get banished to the moon. Or you can make me kill everything here. Don't think that I'm bluffing. One squeeze on this dragon's stomach and we’ll all go bye-bye.”

Sherlock honestly didn't know what was going to happen next. He also added, “And don't try to escape! Yeah, I'm looking at you gryphons.” Sherlock pointed at the group of gryphons in front of him. “If I see so much as one claw step out of this house then you die.”

Sherlock really, truly, honestly, hoped the King would surrender. Especially since Sherlock was bluffing.

********************

Spike pulled himself off Pinkie’s floor and with a tired voice said, “I can only use fire if I'm sending letters.”

********************

Maybe the King wouldn't ask for any proof that Spike could breathe fire.

The King closed his eyes and sighed. He calmly said, “Alright, you leave me no choice.” The King looked up and loudly said, “Gryphons!”

This was it. Sherlock tightened his grip on Spike. If the group started to attack then there was nothing Sherlock could do.

The King continued, “Surrender now. I can't lose any more of you.”

It was funny, really. The King actually sounded sad that Greg had died. He probably didn't know that Greg was not going to give him the bomb though.

Officer Johnson yelled, “You heard the gryphon! Get down! All of you! NOW!!”

The gryphons slowly followed. One after another they fell to the ground. The King put his claws up showing the universal sign for, 'I surrender.’

Officer Johnson pointed to the pegasus cop and said, “We’re going to need more wingcuffs.”

The pegasus said, “Yes, sir,” saluted to Officer Johnson and flew out of the house very quickly.

After a very painfully long and awkward twenty-five minutes, six pegasi, in uniform, came back holding a dozen of wingcuffs. Just like horncuffs, wingcuffs are made only for pegasi. They latch around the entire body so whoever is wearing them can't fly. Needless to say, wingcuffs are actually pretty big. But they were made for pegasi, not gryphons. So they were going to be very tight on the gryphons.

One by one the Officers put wingcuffs on surrendering gryphons. One gryphon tried to bite Justin, but he whacked its head with his baton. Sherlock commented, “Nice one.” And Justin thanked him.

Once the gryphons were cuffed with wingcuffs and hoofcuffs around their claws, they were put outside and then they were cuffed together. If any of them tried to make a run for it then one of the six pegasi would stop them.

The last gryphon to be cuffed was the King. Officer Johnson held up his baton next to him while Justin was cuffing him. Just in case if he tried to do anything stupid. Justin managed to put cuffs on him.

But King Razorclaw wasn't named Razorclaw for no reason. If you can guess, Razorclaw has a, well, razor sharp claw. So for him to break out of his cuffs was very easy.

When Officer Johnson saw him doing this, he swung his baton down.

But the King was too quick for that. He grabbed Officer Johnson’s swinging hoof before the baton hit him. Then the King Headbutted Officer Johnson and he fell, but he didn't take the baton with him. The King had it.

It all happened so fast. Justin came at the King, but the gryphon turned around so quickly and smashed Justin’s head with Officer Johnson’s baton. Justin fell from the force.

With both Officers down, the King jumped at Sherlock. The King used his wings to glide across the room.

The King would have hit Sherlock too if Watson didn't intervene. Watson was in the middle of the room so the King flew over him. Watson grabbed the King by his tail and pulled him down. The King swung the baton at Watson, but he ducked and countered with a punch in the face.

Razorclaw got angry. He swung down on Watson, but the stallion jumped out of the way, stepped on the baton and punched the King again. Since Watson was standing on the baton, the King did not take it with him when he stepped back.

Razorclaw roared just like a lion and charged at Watson.

Watson stayed calm, remembered his training, and fought back. The King made a side punch; Watson blocked with his hoof and punched the King’s stomach with his other. But that didn't stop the King. He got so close Watson and he was so fast, too. Razorclaw tackled Watson and he held him down.

The King’s claws dug into Watson’s front hooves. Watson struggled to push away the King, but his attempts were useless.

Then Watson saw Officer Johnson get up. The Officer started charging at the King from behind.

Watson kicked the baton on the floor through the King’s tiger paws.

Officer Johnson picked up the sliding baton while he was running and swung down on the King’s head.

Officer Johnson's hit was hard and loud. He hit Razorclaw right in the back of the head and that made him fall over unconscious. The other policeponies came inside the house when they heard all the commotion. Officer Johnson told them that Razorclaw tried to escape.

The policeponies picked up the unconscious King and cuffed him extra tight. It took four pegusi to carry him. The other two lead the gryphon group back to town. They would be placed in the Ponyville jail for now and then they would turn them over to the Princess later.

When Sherlock saw the policeponies leaving, he set Spike down and went to Officer Dirk’s side. Watson and Officer Johnson followed. All three stallions gasped when they saw a big, bloody gash on the side of Officer Dirk’s head where the King had hit him. Watson became worried for Justin and checked his pulse.

Watson gave a sigh of relief and said, “He's alive. Probably want to get him to a hospital though. Getting hit in the head like that is never good.”

The unicorn that was still there took out a first aid kit that was on his uniform and wrapped a bandage around Justin.

Justin opened his eyes a little and managed to say, “W…Watson?”

Watson responded, “Yeah?”

Justin said, “Give this to the Razorclaw.” He held out Greg’s unfinished letter talking about how he was going to back out from making the bomb.

“I don't think he'll like seeing this. He really depended on Greg.”

Justin smiled and said, “I know.”

The unicorn made a makeshift stretcher. There were two decent sized logs from outside on each edge with a tarp in the middle to carry Justin in. The unicorn carried Justin away with his magic and left the house. Watson watched from the doorway his new friend being carried off.

"I hope he’s alright,” Watson said while looking at Justin now in the distance.

Watson started to inspect the cuts on his front hooves from when the King tackled him. They didn't seem too serious and it looked like none of them needed any stitching.

Sherlock put a hoof around his partners shoulder. “Well, I think that this case was a huge success. Spike?” Sherlock turned to Spike who was sitting on the floor in the fetal position. “Walk with us.”

Sherlock, Watson and Spike started to walk back to town. It was very dark and hard to see anything.

Sherlock spoke up, “So Spike, what was on Greg’s letter that you stole from Derpy's most secure mail room?”

Spike was dragging his tail on the ground from depression. “How did you know about that?”

“I'm a world famous detective.” Sherlock answered.

“Oh,” said Spike. “Well, I saw that Greg was part of a ‘Kill All Ponies’ group and he was going to use his bomb to destroy Ponyville."

“Why did the King want to destroy Ponyville?” Watson asked.

“Beats me.” said Spike. “I knew since I was a dragon I could slip in the house undetected.”

“But how did you expect to escape the bomb’s blast?” Watson asked again.

“I didn't.” Spike answered.

“You were willing to kill yourself to stop an evil King?” Watson said. He seemed to be very eager to talk with Spike.

“Yeah, That King was going to kill everypony I loved. If I didn't stop him he would have killed me.”

“Why didn't you tell anypony?” Watson asked.

“I did.” replied Spike. “I told Twilight, but she didn't believe me. She even sent me to my room.”

“That's because Twilight’s crazy.” Sherlock said. “The potion with Derpy’s tear in it made her go insane. She thought she was talking to Rainbow Dash when she really wasn't there.”

“Really? Spike asked who sounded concerned for his sister. “I didn't know it could do that.”

“Yeah,” Watson spoke up. “We thought she was the murderer. It was her bottle of poison and she was a unicorn so she could use a syringe needle.”

“How did you-”

Before Spike could finish asking, Sherlock pointed to himself and said, “World famous detective. Right here.”

Spike sighed and said, “Oh…”

The trio walked in silence for a few moments. Then Spike asked, “Am I going to go to jail?”

Sherlock and Watson both laughed. Then at the same time Watson said, “Yes,” and Sherlock said, “No.” Then the two looked at each other with confused expressions.

Watson spoken up, “Sherlock, he still killed somegryphon. Even if he thought Greg was bad.”

“Hey, Greg attacked me when I figured him out and he was making a bomb to destroy us all!”

Watson instantly said back, “No he wasn't! Read this!” Watson handed Greg’s second letter to Spike that he never finished.

Spike snapped the paper out of Watson’s hooves and began reading. When Spike was finished, his face showed depression.

Watson said, “You killed him right before he finished writing too.”

“I…didn't know.” Spike handed Watson back the letter and looked at the ground in shame.

Watson pocketed the letter and looked scornfully at Spike.

Sherlock decided to talk now. “Well, I think this case was a huge success.”

That didn't seem to cheer up either of Spike’s or Watson’s moods.

Sherlock continued, “We stopped a group of murderous villains. We helped out an insane unicorn by telling her that she was insane before she did anything insane.” Sherlock spoke quickly, “The victim is alive and has forgiving the murderer.”

Watson stared at Sherlock and said, “What? The victim is still dead. What makes you think-”

“Because Watson.” Sherlock lightly smiled. “I have a plan.”

Watson looked at Sherlock like he was stupid.

Sherlock turned to Spike and said, “Spike, do you still have some regret potion?”

Spike smiled. “I know what you're trying to do. Yes, I still have some. But I think you should know that the potion only works if the hurt pony drinks it on the same day he got hurt.”

Sherlock froze. He said, “What time is it now?”

Watson answered after getting out his pocket watch, “eleven thirty-six.”

“Well then,” said Sherlock, calmly, “We better hurry.”

*******************

Sherlock, Watson and Spike ran all the way back to town. Every two minutes of running Sherlock would ask, “What time is it now?” Watson would always have to slow down to get his watch out whenever Sherlock asked, so he eventually stopped answering.

The three made it back to town with three minutes to midnight.

Watson and Spike went to the coroner’s office to get Greg's body ready and Sherlock went to ask Twilight about using her potion.

Sherlock ran to the library. There, he saw all the six ponies that he interrogated.

Rainbow Dash spoke up with a smile on her face when she saw Sherlock, “You were right Sherlock. Twilight is crazy. She baked up so many muffins they're touching her ceiling!”

“There's no time for that!” Sherlock said with deep breaths. “Twilight,” Twilight turned to face Sherlock, “I need you to make the strongest regret potion ever.”

“Where’s Spike?” She asked.

Sherlock put his front hooves on Twilight’s shoulders and looked at her with sincerity. “No time for that! We need to get that potion to Greg's body before midnight!”

Twilight said, “Um, alright. I'll do it.”

Sherlock released his grip and said, “Good. Meet me at the coroner’s office. And hurry!” Sherlock sprinted to the direction of the coroners.

He met up with Spike and Watson. Only a minute and a half left. He asked, “Do you have Greg's body?”

“They’re getting it,” answered Watson. “Where's the potion.”

“On its way.”

A minty green coated mare came out of the back doors and wheeled in a big dolly. On the dolly, a black body bag was filled with, supposedly, Greg's dead body. She wheeled it in close to the trio.

“You wanted to see him?” She asked.

“Yes,” Watson answered.

The bright green mare took hold of a zipper and zipped the body bag open revealing a very pale looking dead Greg.

Twilight came in the room along with her five other mare friends. She held a bottle that was similar looking to the bottle that held the poison that killed Greg, full of water. And she also held a small vial full of light blue liquid.”

Only a minute left.

“Hurry!” Sherlock exclaimed.

Twilight opened the small vial and poured one drop into the bottle of water. A small, light blue cloud erupted out of the bottle.

“Here!” She said and held to bottle of mostly water out.

Sherlock pointed to Greg on the big dolly.

Twilight came closer to Greg and opened his mouth. She then poured the regret potion into the dead gryphon. Sherlock sighed knowing that he made it in time. Twilight saw the paleness on Greg not fading. Then Twilight yelled, “It's not working!”

Sherlock moaned, “Oh, it NEVER works.”

“Spike needs to be sorrier.” Twilight informed.

Everypony in the room turned to Spike. Even the Coroner worker.

“Eighteen seconds left.” Watson informed.

Spike knew what he had to do. He immediately went to Greg's side and started talking to Greg like he was still alive. “Greg I'm so, so sorry. I didn't know that you were backing out at the last minute. I thought you were going to kill us all.”

“More deep, Spike.” Twilight said.

Spike became a little frantic and started again, “If I could, I would travel back in time to stop myself. I should of never taken things into my own claws.” Spike became teary, “And I’d never forgive myself if you don't come back, I guess what I'm trying to say is-”

Spike was cut off by the sound of the Ponyville clock striking twelve. Saturday was over.

Tears fell on Spike’s cheek and he finished his thought, “I'm sorry. From the deepest part of my heart.”

Greg was still pale. He had not changed at all since he first came out. The day was over too. Twilight put her vile away and sighed. All the ponies looked at the ground in shame because it didn't work.

Spike buried his head in his claws while leaning in Greg's dolly. He was obviously crying.

Watson put his pocket watch away while feeling sad.

Sherlock said, “I was…so sure that it would work."

The ponies backed away from the dolly. Twilight hugged her little brother who was still crying.

The Coroner worker took hold of the zipper near the bottom of Greg's body.

Then, something amazingly and extraordinary happened. The Coroner worker gasped and yelled, “LOOK!” Everypony turned and walked back to Greg's side. The worker continued, “I saw his eye twitch.” Sherlock leaned in closer and stared at Greg's face. The worker said, “I swear I saw it.”

Watson leaned in close next to Sherlock and felt Greg's neck for a pulse. He shook his head and quietly said, “I…don't…feel anything-”

Then Watson gasped.

Sherlock looked at his partner and he looked confused. Sherlock returned his gaze to Greg's face. Then it felt like all time had stopped and Greg’s yellow eye shot open.

“Does this mean my party’s not canceled?” Pinkie asked.

******************

Of course, Pinkie’s party was not canceled. When Greg finally found the energy to talk he said, “What happened?” Spike patted his back and said he would explain later.

Sherlock introduced himself to Greg as the stallion that cleared everything up. He also said that he was the one that came up with the idea to bring Greg back to life.

Greg said, “That's cool,” and he laid his head back on the dolly.

When Greg got enough energy to stand up, everypony helped him to walk outside.

The party was at Pinkie’s house. There were many refreshments, but hardly anypony came. That was because everypony else was asleep. Sherlock thought it would be best if the party was held tomorrow morning, but Pinkie insisted it be tonight.

The only ponies that were there were Sherlock, Watson, Greg, Alex, the mare who worked at the coroner’s office and the six other mares. Officer Johnson was invited, but instead, he laughed hysterically and said he was going to bed.

Greg said that he felt like crap and eventually threw up. He made it to a trash can, thankfully, and Twilight said that was the body’s way to get rid of the poison.

“Poison?” Greg asked. “What happened? Did I like, die or something?”

“What do you remember?” Twilight asked out of curiosity. Sherlock was listening.

“I was writing a letter.” Greg said while leaning over the trash can. “Then I heard a knock on the door. I stopped writing and answered it. I saw it was Spike. I actually wanted to apologize to Spike, but then…things went dark. My leg really hurt and I felt myself hitting the floor. Then I woke up in the coroner’s office.”

Sherlock lightly smiled. “Yes, Greg. You did die. And we know that you were making a bomb for the King and we know he was going to use to destroy Ponyville.”

Greg reminded silent.

Watson spoke up, “We had a little chat with your King,” Watson held up his injured hooves where the King attacked him, “And now he's in jail. Princess Celectia going to see him tomorrow.”

Greg looked down in the trash can. “I didn't know ponies were like this. The King told me they were all lying, stealing, killing, scumbags. But now, I see that he was wrong.”

The six mares all came in for a big group hug around Greg, but they all backed away immediately when he threw up again.

“Let's all go inside.” Pinkie suggested. It was weird suggestion, really. Especially since Greg had just thrown up.

Pinkie finally convinced everypony to come inside and she started her games. Greg said he felt too sick to participate. So Pinkie continued her games without him.

Spike, Sherlock, Watson and Greg all watched the woman play from the sidelines. Greg held a bucket in front of him just in case he threw up again.

Spike said, “I’m very sorry, Greg.”

“Hey, I attacked you when you found out I was making a bomb and you…successfully killed me. I think we're even now.”

Sherlock and Watson laughed a little bit and Greg even smiled.

“Um, Greg,” Watson said between sips of his apple cider, “Where are you going to live now?”

Greg realized he never even thought about his house full of nothing. “I guess here. I’ll have to get some new furniture, maybe a nice refrigerator. I'll turn my secret science room into Gilda’s bedroom.”

“Where is Gilda?” Sherlock asked.

“Oh, yeah. I need to go find her.”

The others waited for Greg to explain. “When she moved in, she said she was going to put on a fake, nice personality. She said she was going to volunteer, treat ponies nicely, anything that would get her on your side. That way everypony would be her friend and she wouldn't bring up any suspicion. She would be welcomed into town, then she was going to watch the King destroy it all.”

“That's evil,” Watson said.

Greg nodded and continued, “But then, she came home. She was dripping wet and she told me what I was doing was wrong. She said that ponies were too nice to be destroyed. I told her that we should listen to the King, but she said she wasn't going to listen to him.” Greg suddenly looked uneasy. It could have been because of what Gilda would do next in the story or it could be because Greg felt like he was going to throw up again.

Greg did throw up in his bucket and continued. “She said that our King was evil and she ran away.”

“Where?” Watson asked.

Greg raised his shoulders. “I don’t know. But she’ll probably come back if she knows Ponyville didn't get destroyed tonight.”

“Why did the King want to destroy Ponyville in the first place?” Sherlock asked.

Greg cleared his throat. “It's because the wielders of The Elements of Harmony live here. The King wanted to unleash Discord again, but he didn't want the wielders trapping him. So instead of killing each wielder one by one, he wanted me to make a bomb to destroy the entire town.”

“Really?” Sherlock asked. “The wielders live here?”

Greg nodded. “Apparently.”

“I thought they lived in Canterlot.” Watson said.

“Nope. The King told me they were here.”

“Huh,” Sherlock turned and stared at the mares in front of him. “Well, I hope I'll meet them someday. I'm sure that will be an interesting conversation.”



THE END.

Comments ( 3 )

Yes, yes indeed.

but sherlock did meet them during interoigasions. The ironi. good ending. Spike saved all of them

Quick Easter egg I put in the story: I named Greg after Galileo. See, they both had theories about space and earth's orbit. Yes, they had diffrent ideas, but they were both ridiculed for it.

Anyway, thanks for reading! Hope you enjoyed the journey and I'll see you in the next adventure. :twilightsmile:

Login or register to comment