• Published 24th Jan 2014
  • 369 Views, 6 Comments

A part played calando - fullmoonbeast



octavia has been murderd , vinyl scratch is head suspect and our local detective trace must find the truth about this murder

  • ...
6
 6
 369

Chapter 4: Bows and bodies

After a short walk Trace had found himself standing in front of the door to 'The Golden Hoof'.
A sign on the door held the times the club was normally open.
Trace looked at the small board.

Open: Monday to Saturday
From 5 pm til 4 Am

He sighed and looked at his watch.
"Damn it, it's only two pm. Well guess i walk around for a bit."
He turned around when his eyes fell on what seemed to be the local bulletin board.
He casually looked through each flyer that hung on the board.

Concert in 'The Golden Hoof'!
Vinyl scratch: February 24 and 26.

Grand Concert hall: Octavia Philharmonica, February 25.

New at Bonbon's bonbons.
The Valentines gift box.
With bonbons and other nice candy to share with your special somepony.
Also only this month: ten percent off of your goods!

5 percent off of your next bouquet! Only by Roseluck!

Trace jotted down the dates of the concerts and sighed again.
"Well. I guess the upcoming concerts have been cancelled by now."He thought aloud.
A voice from behind him startled him from his thought.
"Excuse me? Can you please move a bit?" A stallion asked.
Trace stepped out of the way and the pony ripped some of the posters of the board and put some new ones on.
Trace saw that the previous posters of the concert were removed and two fresh ones were hanging in their place.
"Excuse me?" Trace asked the stallion,"Are there more concerts planned for Vinyl Scratch?"
The pony shook his head.
"You should have come the day before yesterday, this is all for Octavia Philharmonica."
Trace frowned, if Octavia still had concerts then the police must have kept her dead private, they should find out soon enough.
The pony grinned.
"I heard she is practising day and night for her concert, I'm curious what it will be this time. I do hope it doesn't get cancelled though, last time she blew the whole thing off because she couldn't find her bow!"
Trace nodded and wrote something in his notebook.
"Is that bow heavy enough to cause serious damage to somepony? "
The stallion laughed .
"Of course not!I heard that it was inlaid with gold, but it shouldn't be that heavy!"
Trace ears sprouted up by that statement.
"Inlaid with gold?"
The pony nodded and smiled.
"Those are only rumours though. Nopony really knows if its true, but I guess if she even admitted it once."
The Stallion seemed to continue blabbering about all the interviews Octavia had done and about what she said concerning her cello.
Trace listened and sometimes wrote things down that seemed interesting or relevant to the case.
"Dear Celestia! Look at the time. I'm late and here I stand blabbering about. My apologies."
The stallion grabbed his poster filled saddlebag and left.
Trace watched him go and decided it was time to return to the crime scene.

---------
She laid on the ground of her room, blood dripping on the wooden floor.
Her eyes, that glowed every time she smiled, had lost its glow and were fixed on a certain point of the ceiling.
Her coat seemed to have lost its glance and was cold to touch.
She was like a beautiful angel, laying lifelessly on that cold hard wooden floor of the place she had once called home.
Next to her sat a colt, not more than a few years older than 16 , holding her hoof and crying silently as he kissed her coat
Hoofsteps were heard and the colt felt a hoof on his shoulder.
He looked up into the eyes of another pony, his eyes a welcoming green and filled with sorrow.
"I'm sorry for your loss." A voice filled with honesty sounded in his ear.
The pony next to him slowly nudged him to follow and the colt obeyed, casting a last glance on the mare.
---------
Trace arrived at the crime scene once again, and saw the police still busy all around the scene.
He walked up to one of them and greeted him.
" Any evidence yet?"
The pony shook his head.
"Not yet, you are free to look around for yourself of course."
Trace nodded and went inside.
The room was left like it had been when Vinyl had found Octavia.
Trace looked at the cello, still laying still on the ground, the dried crust of blood still clearly visible.
He looked around for the bow that was meant to play on the cello but to his surprise found that it was missing.
Trace cursed under his breath and looked around the room for the bow, which was nowhere to be found.
Suddenly a reflection on the window got his attention as he walked to the window sill.
There he found a red drop of dried up blood.
Trace looked out the window and found that under the window were hoof imprints.
He raced downstairs and went outside to the window.
Now the hoof imprints were a lot clearer, there was also a puddle of mud next to one of the hooves.
Trace looked at the puddle as he noticed that there was some red mixed in the muddy water.
He quickly grabbed a vial and took a sample of the water and put it in his saddlebag.
Trace proceeded to follow the trail of hoof prints and stopped in his tracks when he saw a weird shape next to one of the hoof imprints.
The imprint was straight and looked like a stick, but Trace noticed the imprint slightly differed.
"Could this be an imprint of the bow for the cello?" He thought.
He drew the imprint on his notepad and kept following the trail.
Trace found the trace was mixed with other hooves as he slowly approached the market, making it hard to keep following the trail.
He cursed softly when the trail became mixed up completely and looked around him.
He appeared to be close to the main plaza with shops left and right and merchants selling wares in their stalls.
His stare got caught on a particular store with a sign saying "Bonbons Bonbons."
He knew he could get some info on the victim there and so he entered the candyshop.

Name: N/A
Appearence: a mud puddle in the form of a stick, found next to a set of hooves that could belong to the culprit, could be the bow from a cello.
Other finds: A puddle with blood, probably the victims. Sending it to the labs for analysis.

Comments ( 2 )

Sweet Jesus, the grammar in this story is absolutely terrible.

I also apologize for any grammatical errors there will be in this story

You know what's better than apologizing for errors? Fixing them.

Login or register to comment