• Published 1st Aug 2013
  • 3,461 Views, 19 Comments

My Little Pony The Creation of New Equestria. - Tebbzy7

  • ...
14
 19
 3,461

Chapter 5: Day at the Races


Chapter 5: day 3

Day Three started with everypony opened their business in this new city. The Apple family went apple bucking. The Cakes opened the new Sugar cube corner. Rarity moved in to her new shop. Pinkie went out to meet the rest of the new ponies in the city. Rainbow dash and Firefly were getting ready for their race that afternoon. Shooting star and Twilight and looked over the paperwork from yesterday.

Shooting Star looked up the pile of papers and asked “Twilight. Are you going to the Race today?”

Twilight sighed “Not if we don’t finish this work.”

With that they went back to work both of them want to see the race later.

Fluttershy was sitting outside her new cottage having tea with Honeysuckle. Fluttershy liked to have the Fairy ponies around, they helped her with the animals and they are small and cute. What made things feel more like home is there forest near her Cottage which is very much like Everfree Forest.

“Honeysuckle, what do you know about that Forest over there?” Fluttershy asked pointing at it.

Honeysuckle smiled “It appeared three days ago, it is all dark and creepy, and it has all types a magic creatures, it is great fun.”

Fluttershy worried. “You should be careful if that is the Everfree Forest there are many monsters that would eat you.”

Honeysuckle smile “yes, I will be careful”

Pinkie and fizzy are playing beach volleyball with the Merponies; Surf rider and Sea Breeze. Fuzzy bump into Pinkie and Pinkie miss the ball.

“You may have won today but I will have a rematch.” Pinkie said in a playful way.

“You did wonderful for a first time player.” Surf rider said

With that Pinkie grab Fizzy and said “we will be going; we have more ponies to play with.” And Pinkie ran to find her new friends.

Back at the Sugar cube Corner, Medley walked in and saw Pound Cake and pumpkin cake playing on the floor and smiled. Miss Cake walked out and said “Welcome to Sugar cube corner, what can I get for you?”

“Yes, I heard from a pink bouncing pony that you sell the best cakes in Equestria.” Medley said.

Miss Cake Smiled “that’s pinkie.”

Medley smiled “So that is pinkie, I can see why I was warned about her. Well I would like something special for prince shooting Star and Princess Twilight Sparkle, they have been working so hard today and yesterday so I think they should have a treat.”

“Prince Shooting Star isn’t he the one that had Sweetie Belle helping him?” Miss Cake asked.

Medley answered “Yes, he is the best ruler we ever had and Princess Twilight Sparkle will also be great when she finds her ruling style.”

“So what type of cake would you want?” Miss Cake asked.

Medley think for a second then said “How about a double layered white cake with whipped cream and fresh peaches in the middle.”

“We can do that. What size would you like?” Miss cake asked

“Hmm 9 inches by 11 inches would be great” Medley answered.

Miss Cake Said “Ok we will make it and deliver it to the Castle when it is done.” Miss Cake talked quietly. “You see my husband wants to see the inside of the castle once.”

Medley laughed and said “I see no problem with him seeing the Castle.” With that Medley pays and leaves to do more shopping.

Then in Kingdom of Mystical Mountains Pinkie stood on a Cloud and talked with Pegasus. Firefly looked at her and asked Rainbow dash. “Isn’t she an earth pony? How can she walk on clouds?”

“You don’t know Pinkie Pie do you. No rule applies to Pinkie. She can do anything.” Rainbow dash said.

“But” Firefly started to say.

“I said anything” Rainbow Dash interrupted

Firefly asked “Is this like with Fluttershy?”

“No Fluttershy is scary when she is mad, Pinkie doesn’t make any Sense” Rainbow Dash said.

Firefly asked “ok I understand the pinkie is Special but what about Fuzzy?”

Rainbow dash looked at the unicorn and said “You got me there. That doesn’t make sense.”

Pinkie bounced over and hugged Rainbow dash and said “I went to see Twilight and she told me about your race and I was like wow and she told me it was going to be in the Clouds and I was like yeah till I remember I couldn’t walk on the Clouds and I was like ooh, then Twilight said she can cast that spell to make it so I could walk on the Clouds and I was like yeah. And here I am with Fuzzy to help you prepare for the race.”

Rainbow Dash looked at pinkie and said “You know that Rarity have a necklace that makes it so you can breathe under water. If you get that you could meet all the Merponies and make them your friends.”

With that Pinkie was gone. And Fuzzy sat there making Bubbles. Rainbow Dash looked at her sitting there and asks “Shouldn’t we fly her down.”

Firefly smiled and told Rainbow Dash “She is fine, and look there isn’t that Derpy there hugging Fuzzy.”

Rainbow Dash looked and said “I guess it is fine; Derpy might be clumsy but is a good friend.”

With that they flew through the course again so they knew how the wind blew that day.

About that time back in the castle.

“Was it alright to pawn Pinkie Pie off on Rainbow Dash?” Shooting Star asked.

“We do it all the time to each other. She might be at Rarity’s or Apple jack’s place by now.” Twilight said.

“I am all done how about you.” Shooting Star said.

“This is the last one.” Twilight signed a paper

Medley walked in and said “That is good to hear because a cake just got here from Sugar cube Corner.”

Twilight look at Shooting Star and ask “How is it that when we need her or we need something done she shows up.”

Shooting Star just smiled and said “I stopped asking a while ago and I just enjoy it now.”

Then Fluttershy, Rosebud, forget-me- not and Honeysuckle walked in. and Medley hand each a plate of cake and a cup of tea. Place one in front of Shooting star and twilight. Twilight sat there thinking it over decide it is like pinkie sense. And eat her cake happily.

Pinkie bounced into Rarity’s shop and said “Rarity, Rainbow Dash told me that if I get the necklace from you that let you breathe underwater I could make friends with the Merponies.”

Rarity levitates the necklace over and said “Well I was going to give it back to Prince Shooting Star but I see no harm with letting you use it.”

And she gave it to pinkie and Pinkie ran off.

Applejack just got done bucking apples and Apple Bloom asked “Applejack did you hear Firefly and Rainbow Dash are going to have a race?”

“Yes I know about it, but how did you found out about it?” AJ asked.

“Scootaloo told us about it. I know Rainbow Dash will win.” Apple Bloom said.

“I don’t know, Firefly is a strong flyer and even Rainbow Dash is unsure if she could win. I think that is why she wants to do it.” AJ said.

Apple Bloom looked confused “She is racing so she would lose.”

AJ laughed “No, she is racing because firefly is everything Rainbow dash wants to be. Firefly 1,000 years ago started the wonder Bolts and is a Pegasus legend. So to go up against a pony like that is a dream come true to Rainbow dash.”

“She is that firefly, what am I doing here? I have to get her autograph.” Scootaloo flew off.

“Why don’t we clean up and go to the Castle?” AJ asked.

“You got it Sis.” Apple Bloom exclaimed.

Right then Pinkie was playing tag with the Merponies.

Rarity was getting ready to have lunch when Sweetie Belle came in with Rosebud. “I was about to have a little lunch why don’t you join me.”

“I would love some lunch thank you.” Rosebud said.

“Yes thanks you.” Sweetie belle said.

“Rarity, Twilight would like everyone to come in an hour so she can cast the spell to walk on the Clouds.” Sweetie Belle said.

“Thank you Sweetie Belle.” Rarity said.

They ate I lovely green salad, and some well prepared and delicious seaweed wraps.

“I see you traded recipes with the Merponies.” Rosebud said

Rarity said “Yes I did, they served me this when I went to see the princess of the Merponies. And I loved it. So I got the recipe. I hope it is to your taste.”

“I always love what the Merponies serve me when I visit.” Rosebud said. Rosebud looked around and asked “How do you like my new boutique?”

Sweetie Belle and Rosebud just sat there and listen to Rarity go on and on about her boutique for the next Half an hour. Then Rarity said “Well, look at the time we should be getting to the castle.”

When they got there they see everyone but pinkie. Twilight read the look in her face and said “I already cast it in Pinkie. I bet her will meet us there. We all know Pinkie wouldn’t miss this.”

They all nodded and got together and Twilight cast the spell.

About that time Pinkie was eating lunch with the Merponies.

When the balloon landed in Kingdom of Mystical Mountains Rarity was that first out followed my Sweetie Belle and Nyx. And then that rest.

“Good, I can stand on clouds” Nyx said jumping around.

“Nyx, you are an Alicorn, so it makes sense you can walk on clouds.” Sweetie Belle said.

“Yeah, but this is the first time I did it. I was worried.” Nyx said. Nyx wasn’t looking where she was going and she bumped into another Pony. Nyx turn to look at the other pony “I am sorry, wait aren’t you Soarin from the Wonder bolts.”

“Soarin, we should find seats soon or we wouldn’t be able to see the race that will.” Spitfire said as she turned. Then she saw Twilight and Nyx. She bowed and said “Princess Twilight and Nyx, Princess Celestia sent us to be your guards.”

Shooting Star looked at them and said “So you flew up here to see Firefly in person before reporting in.”

“If you want I can make it so you could join the race.” Twilight said.

They really want to race their hero but Soarin said “We got ordered by Princess Celestia to Guard the Princesses.”

Shooting Star whimpered in Twilight’s ear “This is Celestia playing with them. She knows they want to race Firefly and you will offer it to them.”

Then Shooting Star looks at the rest of the ponies and said “you should go to your seat twilight, Nyx, and I have to put on our crowns and enter like the prince and princesses we are.”

“Do I have to wear a crown; it is so embarrassing to be a Princess.” Nyx complained.

Twilight smiled “you will live through it. And you get the best sit in the home. So it isn’t all bad.”

Shooting Star then said “Soarin and spitfire you are going to be in the race. As one of Rulers of this land I order you to race. Tell Firefly and Rainbow Dash Prince Shooting Star said that you are racing.”

With that they ran off. When they got to the pits they saw Rainbow Dash and Firefly stretching. And spitfire walked up to Rainbow dash and said “You are one of the luckiest ponies I know. You are racing Firefly and now us. Prince Shooting Star told us to join this race.”

Rainbow Dash looked at Firefly. They nodded, Then she looked back at Spitfire and said “Shooting Star did. I should thank him later.”

“Who are they?” Firefly asked.

“They are Wonder bolts.” Rainbow dash answered.

“The group of show off I started all those years ago, they is still going?” Firefly asked.

“Yes they are still going and I would love to be one of them someday.” Rainbow Dash said.

“Is that all? Ok I will start wonder bolt group here and you can be one of them.” Firefly said.

Spitfire and Soarin can’t believe what just happen. The starter of the wonder bolts just started a new branch of the wonder bolts.

Then Spitfire laughed “She can do as she pleases. What on this course I am should I watch out for.”

Firefly laughed and said “Everything, the wind change without warning. There is hair pin turns and… What is wrong with you? Are you are getting excited hearing this?”

Spitfire said. “Yes I am getting excited, it is a hard course and I get to race you and Rainbow Dash. I wanted to Race Rainbow Dash ever since she saved us at the young flyer Competition. Then at the Wonder bolts Academy she stood up to me and I wanted to put her down a few pegs. Then there is the fact she is racing you the first wonder bolt. You are in all type of Pegasus bedtime stories. The whole time growing up I wanted to be you.”

Firefly said “Don’t get too depress when you lose ok. This is the course I learn to fly on, so I do know this course like the back of my hove.”

Spitfire smile and said “Well, we’ll just have to see who is going to stand in the winner’s circle.”

Firefly smiles and whispers something in Rainbow Dash’s ear and they both smile.

Main group of ponies got to their seats and Pinkie is there and asked “Where have you been? I have been waiting forever for you ponies.”

Scootaloo is holding a piece of paper with a big grin.

Apple bloom asks “Scootaloo, I see you got your autograph?”

Scootaloo smiled and nodded.

“Thank you Rarity for letting us came with you. This is the first time you took us with you on a trip.” Sweetie belle said.

“This was Shooting Star and Twilight’s idea. Nyx was coming, and they thought you would enjoy this too.” Rarity said.

“Who do you think will win? I think it will be Rainbow Dash; it has to be Rainbow Dash. Rainbow Dash is the best.” Pinkie pie said.

Medley said. “Hello girls, this is going to be a fine race.”

Sweetie Belle ask “Medley, what are you doing here?”

Medley said “I am here to deliver those pies. I heard the Soarin like to eat pie after a race.”

Sweetie Belle Said “That makes sense.”

Apple Bloom said “Isn’t it crazy that Soarin and Spitfire is here. And that Celestia sent them to Guard Twilight.”

Apple Jake said “I heard that Celestia make all the wonder bots Guards when she got back. She thinks that we would need more guards now. Something about there are need for more guards now.”

The trumpets blow and Announcer said, “Their Royal highnesses Prince Shooting star, Princess Twilight Sparkle, and Vice Ruler of the night Princess Nyx”

Pinkie Pie said “Look there comes Twilight, Nyx and Shooting Star.”

Sweetie Belle said. “They really look like a beautiful princesses dress like that.”

Announcer said “All racers take your places.”

AJ Said “look like the race is going to start.”

All the ponies lean forward. A Pegasus with a flag is sitting on a cloud. And she lower the flag and they are off. Firefly and Rainbow dash took the lead and everyone knows the race is going to be between them. They went in to the wind tunnel and firefly took the lead but Rainbow dash took the lead in the next turn. They push each other to supersonic speeds. And as they cross the finish line the winner wasn’t clear. So they went to the magic video and after a long wait. Then a voice came over the speakers.

Announcer said “It was very close but the winner is……. Firefly.”

Every pony cheered well every pony but Spitfire.

Spitfire asked “how could I lose so badly? They cross the line before I was half way done. The wind change so much and was so strong. But they flew like there was no wind. What do you think of this Soarin?”

Medley said “Soarin, I have this pie for you.”

Soarin screams “PIE!!!!”

Spitfire said “I guess that answer my question.”

Spitfire flew away to sulk.

Lighting hooves asked “Dang boy, are you part pig?”

Soarin said “You bet. Medley can I have another pie.”

All the main Ponies found Rainbow Dash sitting alone.

Twilight said “I am sorry Rainbow Dash that you didn’t win.”

Rainbow Dash jump up and said “That was so awesome. Firefly was just like all the stories said that she is. I can’t wait to race her again.”

Firefly said “I can’t wait to race you again either. We have to do it again.”

Medley asked “Could I join in this next race?”

Firefly said “No, I am never racing you again.”

Medley looked sad. “Ok if you said so?”

Rainbow dash asked “Why can’t she race.”

Firefly said “We went flight school together and were roommates. I haven’t yet won her in a race.”

Pinkie pie said “You know what this calls for…. A party!!!!!”

All the ponies had a party. Even Soarin join in. Rainbow Dash went to look for Spitfire. And Rainbow Dash finds her still sulking in the garden.

Rainbow dash said “I am mad at you. It wasn’t fair for you to think you could have won; firefly and I were going through the course all day long, we looked for ways to cut time off our laps.”

Spitfire said “I understand that but to be blown away like that is painful. But I guess that is what you get from training with a legend. And that is also painful. Why couldn’t it been me that she trained. And she made a branch of the wonder bolts for you. I guess that is fine because I get to race you on the courses I know well. And I get to do that course again.”

Rainbow dash said “Yes and I will win you on all those courses too.”

Spitfire said “It was cool seeing the legend in action.”

Rainbow Dash said “yes that was awesome. Well if we don’t go back to the party they will wonder where we are.”

Spitfire said “Then we should get back there.”

They went back and party the rest of the night.