• Published 31st Jul 2013
  • 932 Views, 25 Comments

Why Twilight? - MysteriousFlutterDash



The girls of the Mane Six (not including Twilight) try to figure out why they aren't princesses.

  • ...
19
 25
 932

Convincing Fluttershy

Chapter 7

"Now girls, we need to convince Fluttershy that she can really be a good princess. Kindness is a very important characteristic of a princess. She could be very important to the royalty," Rarity explained.

"I do understand where you are going with it, but how do you plan on convincing her?" Rainbow asked.

"It will be easy just trust me and go along with it," Rarity explained.

"Okay what ever you say Rarity," Applejack trusted her and hoped this was going to be good.

"Good night girls," Rarity said as a good bye.

"Good night," all the other mares replied. All the mares slept soundly that night. They all woke up and did their daily things. But Rarity had changed her plans, she had stayed at the Boutique all morning writing all of her ideas. Then she came up with the perfect idea. She wrote down the plan on some blueprints then called the girls there. Except not Fluttershy, of coarse.

"You all know why I gathered you here, so let's get straight to business," Rarity said. "Now I was thinking, all I need to do is get her in here and talk to her. If we all want to be princesses then ALL of us have to be princesses. Not just some of us. And we need good reasons to convince the princess why we should be princesses as well as Twilight. So I will tell her I have a big surprise for her and to come to the Boutique at two-thirty. Meaning we have thirty minutes to prepare. AJ and Rainbow, since she will most likely run out the back, I need you to guard the back door and all the windows. Pinkie and I will convince her in here. But AJ once she enters I need you to guard the front door. And we need to make sure she doesn't bring anything with her."

"Yes ma'am!" the mares all replied. This was a brilliant plan and it was going to work. Rarity asked Pinkie to go let Fluttershy know that Rarity had something for her at exactly two-thirty, no earlier, no later. The plan was about to be in go everypony had been in their positions chatting about the plan. Not expecting Fluttershy for another five minutes. But when Fluttershy heard what was going on she decided to play along. When Fluttershy knocked on the door at exactly two-thirty Rarity let her in. Fluttershy started pacing back and forth, pretending to wait for something big. But when Pinkie Pie came up behind her to tie her to a chair Fluttershy fought back for the first time in her life. She flew up in the air smacking the rope out of Pinkie's hoove. She flew up in the air knowing that Rarity and Pinkie both couldn't fly. But suddenly Rarity called Rainbow Dash in to pull her down to the chair. But as Rainbow came towards her Fluttershy flew away, the chase was on. Fluttershy got Rainbow Dash dizzy by flying in circles then flew out the door towards her cottage crying. For two reasons, she fought her friends and her friends were trying to capture her to convince her to do something. She knew what it was and why they wanted her to want but they could've just talked calmly. Fluttershy knew one thing, she did want to become a princess like the rest but she didn't want to hurt Twilight's feelings.

"We may have lost this round girls but we WILL convince her to want o be a princess!" Rarity explained. Her first plan was a failure...She will NOT let it happen again! So Rarity decided to have Spike write a letter to the princess wondering when she can have lunch. Wherever she wanted. When the princess replied she was available for lunch in five days. That meant Rarity had five days to convince Fluttershy she wanted to be a princess. But Fluttershy would be on her toes always prepared. But Rarity wouldn't attack her anymore with plans, but she would have conversations instead.

The next few days it was hard to get Fluttershy to stay put long enough to have a conversation. On the first day Rarity ran into Fluttershy at the market and tried to have a conversation but Fluttershy ran away. The second day was better Fluttershy was at Sugar Cube Corner when Rarity came in and said hi to Fluttershy. Fluttershy just said bye and ran. The third and fourth day Rarity stayed in the Boutique because she didn't have anything to do. Except prepare for the lunch with the princess. But on the fifth day the day of the lunch Fluttershy knocked on Rarity's door in the morning, she apologized for all the running away.

"I heard about the lunch with the princess today, and I thought, if you girls don't mind, I could come," Fluttershy said.

"Of coarse! We have wanted you to come and help us talk to the princess... But you have been running off so we couldn't talk," Rarity explained.

"Oh, well I felt bad for flying out without apologizing. But you have to get ready for the lunch, I'll just leave you alone," Fluttershy said.

"See you there," Rarity said.

"Bye," Fluttershy repied.

Author's Note:

I hope everypony likes this chapter more than the previous ones. I tried to make it longer and have a little more drama and action. I also tried to stay in one setting and make the conversations longer. I hope everpony liked this chapter alot better. PLEASE give me more advice, I can use it! Thanks again!