• Published 23rd Jul 2013
  • 10,430 Views, 583 Comments

A New Home II: A Queen's Revenge - APoeticHeart



Toby comes face to face with the dark side of Equestria.

  • ...
15
 583
 10,430

Chapter Eight

Outside on the top balcony of the Golden Oaks Library, Twilight and the others were having breakfast, every pony except for Fluttershy. She just laid in the circle of friends with her head lowered looking at the balcony floor. The others stopped eating as they looked on worriedly at their friend.


Rarity was the first one to speak up “Fluttershy darling, you’ve got to eat something,” as she reached up with a hoof to rub gently at her back. “It isn’t healthy to go on not eating dear,” she used her magic to levitate a bowl of salad in front of the pegasus. “Here darling, eat some fresh salad,” she gave Fluttershy a light smile.


Fluttershy sighed heavily and pushed the bowl away with a hoof “I am just not hungry Rarity,” she closed her eyes and felt a stray tear fall to the floor. “I am worried about my precious little Toby, and him not getting anything to eat,” her lips curved into a scowl. “When I get my hooves on that poor excuse for a mare, I am going to make her pay for taking away my baby boy,” she breathed heavily causing the others to become a little intimidated.


Applejack looked at her “Sugarcube, ya got to try and simmer down. Ah understand where ya are coming from Flutters, but there isn’t anything we can do. Ah don’t want the little feller to get hurt any worse like that low life for a queen warned us about,” she frowned. “Ah promise ya sugarcube, we will find a way to get Toby back. Now try to eat up Flutters, Ah know Toby would want ya to eat,” she gave the yellow pegasus a light reassuring smile.


Fluttershy sighed softly as she looked up at all of her friends who gave her a nod of reassurance. She gave them all a light smile “Thank you all,” as she pulled the bowl of salad toward her and began to eat. Deep down, she felt her heart break with the worry and concern for her precious little one.


While he was down stairs washing dishes, Spike felt his stomach rumbling and suddenly burped a green flame which formed into a scroll. He turned the faucet to the sink off, jumped off his footstool, and rushed upstairs to the balcony. He panted heavily as he came out holding the scroll in his claws “Letter… from… Princess… Celestia,” he held his stomach as he breathed heavily.


Twilight levitated the scroll in front of her as she let out a little giggle at her number one assistant and friend “Thank you Spike. How about you take a break and sit out here with us?” The others nodded as he fell onto his back panting. The others giggled lightly.


Twilight unrolled the scroll and began reading aloud:

Dear Twilight Sparkle,

After receiving your letter last night, my sister and I are deeply saddened at the news of our dearest nephew Toby being foal napped by Queen Chrysalis. We understand that it is futile to try and go rescue him from the hooves of that monster and her army. We do not want Toby to be in any serious danger than he already is.

We also understand from your letter that the group known as the Diamond Dogs assisted Chrysalis in performing this horrible act. As your fellow princess I agree with your and the other Elements of Harmony’s plan to visit the home of these mongrels and get them to confess in helping Chrysalis, and telling you where she might be hiding.

However, I recommend that you six not go alone. For the Diamond Dogs I have learned can be clever and sneaky like the foul creatures they are. So, I have decided to send you an ally to help with interrogating these Diamond Dogs. I am sure you will find him pretty persuasive in his ability to get the truth out of them.

For now, Luna and I shall stand watch over Equestria in Canterlot until further news. Please be safe my little ponies, be strong. Also, please be strong especially for Toby.

Your fellow princess,

Princess Celestia


Rainbow Dash was hovering in the air above the group with a curious look on her face “Hmm… I wonder who she is talking about being an ally of ours,” she rubbed at the back of her neck.


“Well, who do you think she was talking about Rainbow, the Mysterious Mare Do Well,” the sly sleek voice of Discord could be heard as the ponies blinked their eyes and looked around to see where he was.


Fluttershy gave a little smile as she spoke softly “Discord?! Where are you at my friend,” she looked up in the clouds and around the balcony with no sign of him in sight.


“Don’t worry my kind Fluttershy, I am closer than you think,” his voice sounded like it came from above so Fluttershy tilted her eyes to see a tiny Discord laying on her head. He waved a lion paw “Hi there my friend,” he turned toward the others “Hello my ponies,” he snapped his talons and in a flash he appeared full sized.

The group giggled a little as Fluttershy spoke up “Thank you Discord putting a smile on my face, but it is a bad time for laughing,” she sighed softly as she made a little frown.


Discord frowned and sat down Indian style next to Fluttershy “Oh my dear Fluttershy I heard from Princess Celestia and Princess Luna about that novice of a chaotic being known as Queen Chrysalis foal napping Toby. I am truly sorry my friend, but don’t fret, because the Master of Chaos is here to help,” he gave her a reassuring smile and ruffled her mane some.


Fluttershy nodded and smiled at him “Thank you Discord. Do you think you could help get those dastardly Diamond Dogs into confessing where Chrysalis took my baby boy?” She gave him a hopeful smile.


He chuckled “Oh, c’mon now Fluttershy, who do you think you are talking to? Those Diamond Dogs will just be mere puppies when I get done with them,” he winked and chuckled. He looked around the group “So where are they hiding at?” He asked curiously.


Twilight spoke up “In Rambling Rock Ridge deep underground. They use the underground passageways to get where they need to go so they can keep hidden.”


He nodded “Hmm… sound simple enough. No worries your trusty Master of Chaos shall paper train these mutts,” he grinned letting out a chuckle.


They giggled as Twilight looked around at the other mares “Are you ready girls?” They nodded as the fillies were starting to stand up.


Applejack placed a hoof on her sister’s shoulder “Applebloom, Ah think it would be best if ya and the other young’uns stay here at the library. There is no telling how many guards those Diamond Dogs have this time, and we don’t want yall to be in danger,” she gave her a stern yet warm look.


“But sis, he is our little brother, and it is our fault that he was foal napped. Ah think we should make up to him by helping in saving him,” she gave Applejack a hopeful look.


“Ah understand Applebloom, but Ah think ya would be safer staying here. And quit blaming yourselves for what happened to Toby, ya were under that dirty pony’s mind control and it was too strong for fillies like ya. Now ya stay here, do ya understand me?” She gave her another stern look.
“Yes sis, Ah understand,” Applebloom lowered her head.


Applejack rubbed the top of her head ‘That’s a girl. We will be back soon, and Ah promise we will save your little brother,” she gave Applebloom a big warm hug.


Rarity nuzzled Sweetie Belle’s cheek “You stay safe Sweetie Belle darling, and I will return.”


“Okay Rarity, just be careful,” Sweetie reached up and hugged around her neck with Rarity returning the hug.


Scootaloo looked up at Rainbow and hovered up to her “I wish I was coming with you Rainbow Dash, but I understand it is too dangerous for fillies like us. You guys just come back safe and sound, and bring our little brother back,” she gave her a soft smirk.


Rainbow Dash ruffled Scootaloo’s mane “No worries squirt, we will bring our little buddy back in one piece. You have nothing to worry about with the awesome one is on the case,” she smirked proudly as the two pegasus clapped their hooves together.


Twilight looked at Spike and brought him into a hug with a wing “Can you hold down the fort while I am gone Spike?”


Spike smirked proudly “C’mon Twilight, do you know who you are talking to? I got everything under control. You all just be careful and I hope you can get the little guy back,” he hugged Twilight around her neck.


“I knew I could always count on you, my number one assistant. Don’t you worry, we will get Toby back,” she hugged him tight before breaking the hug. She looked up at the others “Well girls, are you ready?” They all nodded as every pony and Discord descended from the balcony down to the den of the library.


The six mares and draconequus exited the library as they waved their hooves and paw at the fillies and baby dragon.


“Be safe every pony,” Spike said as he waved a claw at them and watched them trot off into the distance toward Rambling Rock Ridge.
Spike shut the door to turn to the fillies with disgruntled looks on their faces “C’mon guys, they said that we couldn’t go with them. They never said anything about that we couldn’t help,” he gave a sly smile and wiggled his eyes.


“What are ya talking about Spike?” Applebloom asked with a confused look on her face followed along with the other fillies.


“Well, I think I know who else we could go to for help,” he rubbed his claws together and gave a sly chuckle.


The fillies quirked an eyebrow and asked in unison “Who?”


Spike sighed deeply “I think we should pay a visit to the Crystal Empire and see Shining Armor and Cadence. They were able to defeat Chrysalis the first time, and I am sure they can help defeat her the second time,” he smiled proudly.


Scootaloo huffed “Well, that is a good idea Spike, but how do you suggest we get to the Crystal Empire, trot there?” She shrugged her shoulders “It isn’t like we have enough money to board the Friendship Express,” she let out a content sigh.


Spike had a defeated look on his face “Oh, you are right Scootaloo,” he sighed deeply.


Diamond Tiara who was quiet shook her head “You give up to easy,” she trotted over to her saddlebags she brought with her. “Like daddy always says, don’t leave home without them,” she dug into one of the flaps and pulled out a small brown sack.


Sweetie Belle looked at the filly with a curious look “What’s in the bag Diamond?”


Diamond smiled brightly “Well, there are certain advantages in having your father named Filthy Rich. He always give me plenty of bits to buy what I want or need,” she let out a soft giggle.


Silver Spoon nodded “That is right. Now we can do our parts in helping my sweetie pie, Toby,” the others da’wwed at the comment causing Silver Spoon to blush heavily.

Spike smiled proudly “Well, I guess that’s it. We are going to the Crystal Empire,” they cheered as Spike placed a balled up claw against his chest. “Let us do this for Ponyville, let us do this for Equestria, and most importantly let us do this for our little buddy, Toby,” he laid his claw flat and put it out in front of the group.


One by one the fillies placed their hooves on the dragon’s claw and they all said in unison “For Toby!”


Spike nodded proudly as he turned to open the door “Let’s go girls,” he took a big step as the fillies followed behind him. He locked up the library, and they began their trek to the Ponyville Train Station.

Author's Note:

Oh, an unexpected twist with the young ones venturing to the Crystal Empire. :pinkiegasp: :twilightblush: