• Published 21st Jul 2013
  • 15,371 Views, 584 Comments

A Mother's Love - GunsNRoses365



Fluttershy finds a young and scared Pegasus colt in a storm one night. Can she be the mother he so desperately needs?

  • ...
15
 584
 15,371

New Friends and New Truths

Standing at the entrance to Ponyville with Lightning on her back, Fluttershy took a deep breath and entered the peaceful town, hoping not to have the same problems that occurred yesterday. Lightning began tremble and quickly hid under fluttershy's mane when he started to see other ponies. Fluttershy looked at him worryingly and gave him a small nuzzle.

"Lightning sweetheart there's no reason to be scared, I promise everything will be okay this time." Fluttershy said to the scared colt hiding under her mane. Lightning calmed his trembling and peeked out from fluttershy's mane. He gave her small nod and Fluttershy continued her journey to Sugarcube Corner.

Halfway to their destination A voice called out to Fluttershy making both her and Lightning yelp in surprise. Fluttershy turned to the source of the voice and smiled. Coming towards her and Lightning was Applejack and a small yellow filly with a red mane and tail and she had a pink bow in her mane. She also had no cutie mark on her flank. The two waved at Fluttershy before Applejack spoke up.

"Well howdy there Fluttershy, Where's that little feller Lightning Twister?" Applejack asked Fluttershy happily.

Hearing Applejack's familiar voice Lightning nervously peeked his head out from under Fluttershy's mane revealing himself to the country mare. However before Applejack could say anything, Lightning noticed the little filly beside her and quickly hid himself under Fluttershy's mane once more. Seeing this made Applejack giggle as she approached Fluttershy, and moved her mane with her hoof so she could look at Lightning.

"Aww..there's no reason to be frightened of me sugarcube, you know I won't hurt ya." Applejack said gently the frightened colt on Fluttershy's back as he began to tremble once more. "Besides I want to introduce ya to somepony." Applejack scooped the frightened off fluttershy's back and into her forelegs. Applejack set him on the ground gently in front of the yellow filly who was smiling at him.

Applejack cleared her throat before saying, "Lightning I would like you to meet my little sister Applebloom."

The little filly made her way towards Lightning Twister slowly, hoping not to scare him. However Lightning quickly ran underneath Fluttershy and began to tremble while making a small whimpering sound.

Fluttershy said to Lightning softly and gently, "Lightning sweetheart it's okay, there's no reason to be scared of Applebloom she's a very sweet little filly."

Applebloom gently smiled at the frightened colt with southern voice as Applejack, "It's okay Lightning I would never hurt ya. Please come out."

Hearing the sweetness in Applebloom's voice , Lightning Twister nervously stepped out from underneath Fluttershy and slowly approached the little filly. Applebloom raised one of her little hooves and held it out to Lightning Twister hoping she could shake hooves with him. Lightning raised a shaking hoof and wrapped it around Applebloom's, and the two finally shook hooves. Applejack and Fluttershy smiled at the site.

"Ya see sugarcube there ain't nothin' to be afraid of." Applejack said to lightning before turning to Fluttershy. "Say where are you two headed?" Applejack asked Fluttershy curiously.

Fluttershy smiled at Applejack and said, "Were going to Sugarcube Corner so I can try to reintroduce Lightning Twister to Pinkie Pie."

"Oh that's right I forgot ya told me that thing's didn't go so well last time." Applejack replied. "I was on my way there as well to have lunch with Twilight, Rarity, and Rainbow dash. How about ya'll join us."

Hearing this made Applebloom gasp in delight. "Yeah and I can introduce Lightning Twister to Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo since their probably with them!" she said happily.

Fluttershy smiled and thought it was a great idea. Not only could she have lunch with her best friends, she could also tell them what she learned about Lightning Twister earlier. She turned to the Apple sisters and nodded her head signaling her approval of the idea. The Apple sisters nodded in response as Fluttershy picked up Lightning Twister and placed him on her back. The four then made their way to Sugarcube Corner to meet with the rest of her friends.

When they arrived at Sugarcube Corner, Fluttershy could feel lighting trembling and whimpering under her mane. Not only was afraid of Pinkie Pie he was terrified of Rainbow Dash. She looked at the little colt under mane and nuzzled him.

"It's okay sweetheart I promise nothing bad will happen this time." Fluttershy said to the little colt gently. Lightning calmed down a little bit but he continued to tremble softly out of both fear and nervousness.

Entering Sugarcube corner, Fluttershy saw her friends sitting at a nearby table and Pinkie Pie behind the counter. All of Fluttershy's friends smiled and waved at the group. Fluttershy took the small colt off of her back and placed him on the ground before going over to the counter where Pinkie Pie was. With some reassurance from Applejack, Lightning nervously followed Fluttershy towards the hyper pink pony that he feared.

When they were in front of pinkie, Lightning ran and hid under Fluttershy. Fluttershy let out a deep sigh before saying to the pink pony, "Hi Pinkie I'd like to reintroduce you to Lightning Twister."

Fluttershy smiled at pinkie then at the frightened colt under her. After saying some calming and reassuring words, Lightning nervously walked out from under Fluttershy and clung to her leg while still looking at Pinkie. He feared that the Pinkie would do exactly what she did last time. However instead of bouncing over to Lightning Twister, Pinkie Pie just smiled and trotted slowly and calmly over to him trying not to scare him again.

She then said to the frightened colt in a cheerful yet very calm tone, "Hi Lightning Twister it's great to meet you. I'm Pinkie Pie!"

Both Fluttershy and Lightning were in shock. Pinkie did not bounce, yell, or completely chatter uncontrollably. She was actually calm and introduced herself in a tone that was gentle but it also had the same cheerfulness that Pinkie Pie was known for. It left Lightning wide eyed and Left Fluttershy's jaw hanging slightly open.

Snapping back to reality, Fluttershy smiled said to Pinkie, "Thank you for being much calmer this time Pinkie." Pinkie simply nodded her head as Fluttershy looked to the colt was sill clinging to her leg. "See Lightning you don't need to afraid of Pinkie Pie."

Lightning continued to look at Pinkie who was smiling at him. He let go of Fluttershy leg and softly smiled at the pink pony. Fluttershy smiled at the little colt and gave him a small nuzzle. She was happy that he was now starting to warm up to Pinkie Pie. "Alright everypony let's go have a super duper lunch together!" Pinkie said happily. As the group made their way to the table where all there friends were.

When they arrived Applebloom trotted up to Lightning Twister with two other fillies by her side. One was a unicorn filly with same white coat as Rarity and she had a curly purple and pink mane and tail. The other was a Pegasus filly with an orange coat a purple mane and tail.

The pegasus filly trotted up to Lightning and introduced herself. "Hi there Lightning it's nice to meet you, I'm Scootaloo."

The next to come up was the unicorn filly. "Hi Lightning I'm Sweetie Belle." She said happily before Applebloom stepped in between the two fillies.

"Together we are...THE CUTIE MARK CRUSADERS!" All three fillies shouted making Lightning cover his ears.

Taking his hooves off his ears, Lightning said the three very softly, "It's nice to meet you all!"

Everyone in the room smiled at the scene of the four children. This was the first time anyone besides Fluttershy actually heard Lightning speak. Lightning stayed with the three fillies as they all talked together happily. Seeing this made Fluttershy very happy.

Turning back to her friends, Fluttershy said to them, "I'm so happy Lightnings is starting to warm up to other ponies."

Everyone nodded their heads in agreement still smiling at the little colt and three fillies. Everything was pleasant until a look of sadness came across Fluttershy's face.

"Fluttershy dear, whatever is the matter?" Rarity asked Fluttershy with her voice filled with concern.

Fluttershy looked at her friends and said, "Girls, I found out the reason why Lightning's so scared."

All five of Fluttershy's friends listened with interest.

"Lightning's mother had died giving birth to him and his father has abused him." Fluttershy said with sadness in her voice increasing with every word.

Everyone in the room gasped in shock and urged Fluttershy to continue.

Fluttershy let several tears roll down her eyes as she spoke more about Lightning's father.

"His father has yelled at him and insulted him. He called Lightning a freak, and the poor little one asked me earlier if I thought he was a freak. He told Lightning that is was his fault that his mother had died. He also scares Lightning with storm clouds. That must why Lightning is scared to death of thunder and lightning. But the worst thing I found out was that his father has physically beaten him. I found several bruises underneath lightnings little wings. When I saw them I started crying. How could someone do something like that to a child?"

When Fluttershy had finished, everypony in the room had tears in their eyes. Hearing all of this made Rainbow Dash feel incredibly guilty. She remembered she had called Lightning a crybaby when she first met him. Now that she heard about how his father had insulted him, she couldn't help but wish she could what she said back.

"The poor little darling, no wonder he was so afraid of all of us." Rarity said with everyone else nodding in agreement.

Before anyone else could say anything, Lightning and the CMC had trotted up to the group. Lightning looked at Rainbow Dash and ran behind Fluttershy while whimpering in fear. Rainbow let out sigh of guilt she wanted to make things right with the little colt. She carefully got up from her seat and trotted towards the little colt.

She knelt down and said to him, "Hey kid, I'm sorry I called you a crybaby. Lightning looked at the the cyan Pegasus in shock. He then gave her a small nod. However he continued to tremble a little bit because he was still somewhat afraid of her.

Seeing him shake Rainbow Dash tried to reassure him in her usually cocky way. "Hey listen Lightning, I promise you there's no need to be scared of the most awesome pony in all of Equestria."

Lightning however was not impressed as he continued to tremble and hide behind Fluttershy. Rainbow Dash looked down in sadness. Fluttershy placed a hoof on Rainbow's shoulder and smiled at her friend letting her know to give Lightning some time.

Twilight sat there and gave the colt beside a sad smile. However was curious about something. She didn't understand why Lightning Twister broke down and cried when he first saw her. She needed to know what was wrong with her.

Twilight knelt down to Lightning's Level to speak with him.

"Lightning, I am so sorry for everything that you've been through" Twilight said with the others nodding "But I can ask you something sweetheart?"

Lightning simply nodded his head.

Twilight took a deep breath before saying, "When you first saw me you started crying. Is it okay to ask If there's something wrong with me?"

Lightning quickly shook his head before saying, "No Twilight there's nothing wrong with you. It's just you look a lot like my Momma."

Everypony in the room was as lightning continued to speak.

"I had a picture of my Momma in my room. It was a picture of her before I was born. She was very pretty." Lightning said before he started whimpering and tears began to form in his eyes. "Th-that p-picture was all I h-had of her. B-but then my daddy t-took the p-picture away from m-me and b-broke it. H-he s-said I was a f-freak and I d-didn't deserve that p-picture."

Lightning Fell to the floor and cried. Fluttershy pulled him close and stroked the back of his mane softly. She silently hushed him as everyone looked on with sadness. Deep inside, Fluttershy and the others couldn't believe that this little colts father could be so cruel. One last question entered their minds. They wondered how Lightning had gotten away from that horrible stallion.

Fluttershy stroked the back of his mane for a few more minutes before pulling Lightning back and said, "Lightning I'm so sorry your father has done all of this to you. But can I ask you something sweetie?"

Lightning nodded and Fluttershy asked, "Lightning, why were you all alone when I found you?"

Fluttershy could feel Lightning trembling as he closed eyes tightly with tears still pouring out.

"I-I-I r-ran away." Lightning sobbed softly. Everypony in the room was silent.

Lightning immediately Buried his face in Fluttershy's chest and let his tears soak her fur..

"P-Please Fluttershy, d-dont send me back to my d-daddy! I d-don't wanna go b-back!" Lightning wailed.

Fluttershy wrapped her hooves around Lightning and stroked his side. She didn't know what she was going to do but she did no one thing. There was no way she was going to let him go back to his awful father.

"Shhh...It's alright Lightning sweetheart. I'm not going to send you back to your father." Fluttershy said to the colt softly and sweetly.

Lightning Immediately wrapped his little forelegs around fluttershy's neck and cried more tears, but this time they were tears of joy.

"Oh, th-thank you F-Fluttersh-shy th-thank you!" He cried as Fluttershy stroked his back with hoof. Everyone watched on with tears of happiness in their eyes, including Rainbow Dash and the CMC.

Pinkie Pie began to bounce with glee while shouting, "WOO! I'm gonna throw Lightning Twister the best "Welcome To Ponyville." party EVER!" Everyone laughed after they heard this even Lightning Twister.

The sun eventually began to set and everyone said there goodbyes. Everyone went their own way leaving only Fluttershy and Lightning Twister. Fluttershy scooped lightning into her forelegs and placed him on her back. She then took to the sky and flew back to her cottage. When she arrived she flew upstairs and placed lightning into her bed and kissed him gently on the forehead. She was about to blow the candle out until she heard Lightning's tiny little voice.

"Please Fluttershy can you the light on. I-I'm scared of the dark."

Hearing this made Fluttershy remember his fear and she nodded her head. She turned to leave but Lightning's voice stopped her once more.

"Fl-Fluttershy can you sing to me like you did before?"

Fluttershy smiled at him gently and said, "Of course I can sweetheart."

She then sung to him her lullaby that she had sang to him when she first found him. Lightning had fallen asleep halfway through the lullaby. Fluttershy trotted up to him and gave him one last gentle kiss before leaving the room. Lightning slept Peacfuly under the comforting warmth Princess Luna's beautiful moon.

Author's Note:

Here's chapter five. I hope you enjoyed it. I'm sorry it took longer than I thought to complete. Once again I thank you all for the love and support of this story. I'll see you all next chapter.