• Published 28th Jul 2013
  • 1,279 Views, 21 Comments

A Changeling's Love - Slade TGR



Love. Power, food, an emotion I thought I understood desides to throw me for a loop and queastion what it means to be a changeling.

  • ...
1
 21
 1,279

Friend Amongst The Enemy

Everything seemed to slow down as all present looked at the figure in the room. Suddenly the area was a filled with the blur of motion as Rainbow and Applejack charged the changeling. Rarity and Twilight stood in front of Fluttershy to protect her and provide magic support. Pinkie pulled out her party cannon and took aim.

Noticing he is outmatched, Morpheus did the only thing he could do. He stood his shaky ground and quietly said, "Stop."

"STOP!" Fluttershy's demeanor voice cried out as Chryo took off and flew in front of the changeling to protect it. As quickly as they all started moving they all stopped at that sudden outburst from their quiet yellow friend. By now Chryo was hovering before the changeling glaring daggers at those who would hurt his master.

Noticing that they all stopped, Morpheus dropped to one knee as he was still weak from his last transformation. The sound of fluttering wings caught his attention as the yellow pegasus was by his side in an instant. Leaning against him as she checked him over for injuries.

"Thank you miss." Morpheus hummed quietly to the pegasus at his side before turning his attention to his frosty friend. "Chryo, stand down." The authority in his voice caused the other mares in the room to flinch, and not in a good way.

Obeying his master reluctantly, Chryo landed on his back and nuzzled him affectionately. "Master master you are awake!" he excitedly called as he leaned farther into his masters neck.

"Yes Chryo, I'm awake. I just need to recover." Morpheus chuckled as his energetic pet continued to be loud in his ear. He nearly forgot about the others in the room when the cyan mare flew in front of him.

"Who are you and what are you doing here?" Rainbow instigated as the changeling recovered from his personal space being invaded. "Are you a spy for Chrysalis?"

Despite the actions of their yellow friend and Chryo, a quick glance around showed that the other mares were giving him weary looks. "Yes, I am a spy, but not for my queen." He said calmly. Looking to Fluttershy, "May I have a peace of paper and a quill please?" he gently asked. With a shy nod she left.

"Well if not for Chrysalis, then who?" Applejack asked in confusion while still ready to charge the large changeling.

With a soft smile, "Celestia needs to know I'm still alive and useful." he said; earning a shocked expression from all the mares. "What? Just because I'm a changeling and was the strongest of my hive dos not mean I would blindly follow my queen." He continued. "Who do you think tipped Celestia off about the upcoming attack on Canterlot?"

Fluttershy returned with the items asked and gave them to him. After a moment of scribbling on the parchment he rolled it up and looked to Chryo. "You know who this needs to go to my friend." he said as he handed the scroll to the bird. In a quick flurry of wing beats, Chryo was out the window and on his way to Canterlot.

"Wait wait wait," Twilight spoke up. "If you are supposed to be a spy for the princess, then what are you doing here?"

"Simply put, I was found out by my queen." He said somberly. "Only because I mean something to her convinced her to spare my life and banish me from the hive."

"Not to sound rude or anything," Rarity chimed in. "but how are we supposed to believe what you say? You could have made that story up and you haven't even introduced yourself yet."

"My apologies." Morpheus said then sat and straitened himself out. "My name is Morpheus, the former instructor of advanced magical combat for Queen Chrysalis' swarm and current informant for Princess Celestia." He said with a bow of head to the six mares in front of him. Looking back up he gazed into their eyes, silently telling them it's their turn to introduce themselves.

Twilight quickly picked up on the look after being distracted by that startling introduction. "I'm Twilight Sparkle," She gestured to herself. "and these are my friends; Rarity, Applejack, Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash, and Fluttershy." She pointed to each one of them out with a hoof.

Morpheus could still see the distrust in some of their eyes and wanted to put them at ease. "By chance, is it my appearance that is making you uncomfortable?" He asked, mainly looking to Dash, AJ, and Rarity.

"That mite help a bit." Applejack said as she was glaring at him.

"Very well." He said before he enveloped himself in green flames. When the flames died down, all that was left was a Blackish blue unicorn with a pale blue mane and tail. On his flank was a wand with a glowing green tip and he was now the size of the average unicorn stallion. When he opened his eyes, the golden orbs were still present and had lost none of their warmth.

Despite the amount of energy his transformation is using, Morpheus is surprised that he's not too tired or strained. Where is this love coming from? He thought. That's when he felt the origin of the reason for his continued strength. Glancing over to Fluttershy, he could feel the confusion, but more so he could feel the love coming from her.

"So, who are you imitating?" Rainbow asked suspiciously.

"This is me." Morpheus responded calmly. "To be honest, you six are the first ponies I've seen other than a picture of Celestia."

"Sure." Rainbow said. That's when Applejack came up to him and gave him a critical look. Looking back to the others, "He's tell'n the truth." she stated. Looking back to him she continued. "Ah don't know how an' Ah don't know why but you haven't lied yet. Ah'm mighty surprised this is coming from me, but Ah think we can trust ya."

Before he could react, Morpheus found Applejack's hoof in front of him. With a little trepidation, he reached out and shook hooves with the farm pony. As if the whole room was holding its breath, everypony seemed to relax as Morpheus wasn't trying to harm any of them.

"So Morpheus, how did you get in Fluttershy's house?" Asked Rarity.

"I don't know. The last thing I remember is fending off the last of the pack of timber wolves that attacked Fluttershy at the edge of the Everfree."

Author's Note:

Sorry for the late update. Been having more brain problems and fleshing out the other stories I'm working on.

Curios observation on my part. The deeper into a story I seem to get, the longer it takes for me to write them. I see this as both a good and a bad thing seeing as the bad part is that you readers have to wait longer for updates and some other things; but the only good thing I can think of is that I'm taking more time to tell the story instead of just writing a rambling cohesion of words.

Comments ( 6 )

I like the story, but there is one thing bothering me. Fluttershy? again?
Its just that almost every single Changeling story uses Fluttershy in that or a similar context. my :yay:s are all used already

3168299
The reason I chose Fluttershy was for the fact that she would be most understanding and sympathetic to Morpheus' predicament. That and I find Fluttershy's quiet shy demeanor the perfect complement to Morpheus' personality.

I think of it like this; Rarity is best suited for Spike, Twilight is too untrusting of changelings because of Chrysalis, Rainbow Dash and Applejack make the best secret couple, and Pinkie Pie is far to random for me to get my head around and make a decent attempt of a romance story out of.

Besides if I made a romance story of Pinkie Pie, I just could because to her the forth wall doesn't exist.

3168347
the thing is just that almost everyone choses Flutters and i usually get bored around the 3rd chapter.
will see

I love this story. :yay:

3174264 He can but only Fluttershy can understand him.

3205685
What. Chryo's the third royal sibling ad Cadance's dad? What, Flutters x Chyro? Goddamit man :/ (Well, OC x mane 6 has been a pet peeve of mine, ESPECIALLY WHEN SOMEONE HINTS IT RIGHT AT THE GODDAMIT START D:)

Please explain. :applejackconfused:

Login or register to comment