• Published 15th Jul 2013
  • 643 Views, 16 Comments

Maybe until death... - Fat1thatyoulove



Part 40 to the Maybe series Follow the main character thought his newest trails as he tries to better understand the power he possess. And how it affects the ones he loves.

  • ...
4
 16
 643

Chapter 4

Chapter 4 – Rush like you're late

You're not really sure why Twilight wanted you to where the tux, but you did it anyways even if you do now look like a semi-professional homeless clown. However your thoughts about your own appearance don't really sit at the front of your mind as you look over the sky above Ponyville that escaped your sight when you looked earlier.

The sky has become a dark looming cloud cover and as you get closer you're starting to feel a few strong gust of wind every so often.

Twilight starts to slow her pace down as she drifts back to you and talks, "Rarity must be doing this...I can't believe how much power the element's of harmony can give out. She doesn't even know normal spells let alone weather magic."

You nod your head to her comment as you hold your eyes to the crown she put to rest on her head.

The gust of wind that starts to run past you when you first went into town no longer comes towards as you look around the street. You know the ground beneath your hooves feels wet like its been raining but as you look to the tops of the hay covered house around you you see piles of unmelted snow, even though the sun is clearly shining through parts in the dark cloud above you.

Twilight's gallop picks back up as you follow her down the street towards the center of town.

You speak up as you follow behind her, "How do you know she’s this way?"

Her voice is a little bouncy as her quick pace doesn't really slow down, "Because, if anypony wanted to join the weather ponies they would be helping them clean up NightMare night's clo-..."

You and Twilight both bring your gallops to a halt as you look to a group of pegasus standing around what looks like a stream of blue magic running up into the sky.

The group's tone is nothing low or sweet as you move closer to the almost yelling ponies. Twilight moves herself in front of you as she speaks up to a few ponies standing in front of both of your paths. "What's going on here?"

A pale purple almost light blue pegasus mare with white and light cyan mane turns to Twilight's voice as she points her hoof to a white female unicorn mare in the center of the group, "What's going on here!? We need to clean up the clouds and this unicorn came in and has messed with all the clouds!" The mare's frantic voice that matches the other voices around her continues as she moves her hoof to the sky above where you stand.

"You see that? If we don't move these clouds those Everfree forest clouds could do anything to the town, and its not like this...magic is helping."

Theres no wind or any rain coming from the clouds but as you hold your head up you watch the dark masses above you swirl around each other and moving in and out of one another as the small blue stream of magic runs up to them.

Twilight's voice comes back to her a little rushed as she talks, "We need to talk to Rarity, can you help us get everypony to step back?"

The pegasus mare takes a step back as she talks, "If you two can get her to stop go for it."

You follow after Twilight as you two push through the crowd, but it starts to become easier as most of the ponies you move past throughout stop there slight arguing and do a double take to what you have on.

But you don't really care as you and Twilight move towards the white unicorn mare standing in the center of the circle, you blink to the white mare as you look her over. Rarity's mane that every time you've seen it has been perfectly combed to one side and flipped, but now her mane is messy and undefined, "Oh, hello Twilight."

She holds an almost forced smile as her horn's blue glow still shoots to the sky above you.

"Rarity I know how to set your cutie mark back to normal." Twilight's horn glows a faint purple as the flap on her satchel opens up.

Rarity's horn loses its glow for a moment as she scoffs to the comment, "Back to normal? Huff, obviously my true destiny was to move clouds." Her eyes twinge a little as she rubs her hoof to her head, "...And to have dreadful headaches from all the magic I use." She gives a light laugh as she closes one eye and rubs to her head.

The ponies around that still stand in a circle around you start to mutter to themselves as Twilight floats Rarity's element of harmony from her bag and floats it over towards her.

The white mare looks a little confused to the necklace but she doesn't move as Twilight talks, "Rarity, all you need to do is remember your old self."

Rarity rolls her hoof to the comment as she moves her hoof towards the necklaces, "Oh Twilight you-..."

"Rarity." Twilight's voice stops her as she nods to you, "You see this tux, this is what Applejack did to your wedding tux design."

The white mare's mouth hangs a little down as she squints to you, but she moves her head away as she talks, "I'm sorry I can't go back it-its just not me."

You shake your head to her comment as you try and think about how some dumb mark can really turn everypony into something completely different.

Twilight holds her voice despite Rarity's tone as she talks again, "Well good cause that's what we're using for the wedding in..." You watch her horn glow again as she starts to move something else from her bag, "...Canterlot."

Rarity's ear flicks a little as she turns her head back with a rushed comment, "But it looks horrib-..." Her voice stops in a gasp as she looks to the small mirror Twilight has pointed towards her. Rarity immediately grabs to her mane as she talks, "I-is this what I look like?!"

Twilight floats the mirror over to your grasp as her element of harmony sparks up in a purpley white glow, her eyes close as her spell runs through.

Like Applejack Rarity’s head becomes engulfed in the magic as the spell plays through, but it only last a few moments as her cutie mark changes back to her own.
Twilight opens her eyes again as she take a deep breath, her stance is not wobbly like before and you give a close and watchful stare to her as she talks, "Feel better Rarity?"

The white mare pulls to her mane in horror as she talks, "NO! Just look at these split ends!"

You give a slight chuckle to her comment but your sight of her and the world around you is cut off as your gaze turns into a purple light, the chime of magic only last a moment as you blink your eyes to the new area around you. The teleportation spell came without warning and you shake your head a little to get your bearings as you look to Twilight, "Why did do you that?"

Twilight's wobbly stance has come back to her but she quickly shakes it off as she trots forward, "We don't have time to walk everywhere."

Rarity still stands in a slightly frozen state as her eyes stare wide to the area around her, "Applejack's farm? Why would we go there? I cannot! Be seen out like this!" She holds her head away from Twilight as she stands.

Twilight only stops her trot for a moment as she talks, "Rarity everyone of our friends are just as miserable as you just were...don't you want to help?"

The white mare's ear flicks a little as she nods and follows after you and twilight, "Yes..."

Twilight nods her head as she looks around the farm, "Now where would Pinki-..."

"Twilight!"

You all turn your head to the young sounding voice as you watch AppleBloom galloping towards you, "OH i'm so glad to see ya, I can't find my sister or Big Macintosh anywhere! And Pinkie just showed up and started picking apples and saying where sisters now?!?"

"Where is Pinkie?" Twilight's voice is fast as she talks.

AppleBloom points her hoof towards the line of apple trees as she talks, "She's over here, come on."

You three follow after the yellow filly as she leads you towards the apple trees, but the pink pony stands out pretty well against the dull colors of the farm as you near the tree line.

But as you get closer the usual ball of fluff that you see is not what your eyes bring you to as you look over the perfectly straight pink mane pony.

AppleBloom's pace slows down with everypony else as Twilight moves to the front of the group, "Pinkie?"

The pink pony has her back turned to you all as she continues to stare at the apple tree in front of her, "Hello Twilight."

Pinkie's voice catches you a little off guard, sure everypony seems to be a little different but pinkie's voice sounds more like somepony who has given up on life.

Twilight trots a little closer as she talks, "Pinkie, i'm going to help you ok?"

The pink pony turns around as she gives a little laugh, "Oh silly Twilight, i'm happy." Her right eye twitches a little as she nods her head very slow and awkwardly, "Yep happy happy happy."

You and Rarity hold your mouth open a little confused to the pony as you both squint to her weird action. But right now you're starting to get a little creeped out to the fact she hasn't gone into her excited and hyperactive long breathless speeches yet.

Twilight stays normal as she talks, "But Pinkie don't you want to go back to making everypony laugh and smile?" Her voice carries her suggestion well but Pinkie seems unfazed as she shakes her head.

"Nope." She points her hoof to a nearby bucket full of apples as she talks, "I am still funny, look mister Seeds is laughing." Pinkie's eye twitches a little again as she lets out a little laugh, "Ha ha ha, thats funny Mr.Seeds..." But her happy voice doesn't stay long as she turns back towards you, "Mr.Seeds wants you four to play tie up like Big Mac."

Twilight, you and Rarity are silent for a moment as Apple Bloom speaks up, "What? You tied up my brother?"

Pinkie nods her head happily, "Yep, for later."

Twilight brings her hoof to her head as she talks, "Ok this isn't working." Her horn glows a faint purple as Pinkie's element of harmony floats towards her, the pink mare doesn't move from it as the necklace wraps around her neck.

Twilight's voice comes back again as she nods her head to her words and talks slowly, "Pinkie don't you remember all the fun you use to have making everypony smile?"

The pink pony holds an emotionless dull face for a moment as her large blue eyes stare to Twilight, but it doesn't last long as she talks, "Yes Twilight...But working all day in the hot sun with nopony to talk to but the trees and the dirt can be fun to..." She lets out another weird laugh as her eye twitches again, "YA, but this can be fun to...fun hardworkfunhotlongday funnotdoinganythingwithanyponyfun fun fun fun fun..."

You blink to her word as she continues to say it...yep shes crazy...you kind of knew it the whole time, you move next to Twilight as you talk, "Maybe we should come back."

But at your voice Pinkie stops her mindless gibberish as she turns her head to you with a faint smile, "W-why do you look like a clown?"

Twilight's ears perk up to the slight change in Pinkie's voice as she looks you over with a smile, her voice comes back to her as she puts her hooves on you, "yes Pinkie, he does look like a clown!" Twilight's voice doesn't stop as she quickly moves towards Rarity, "And look Pinkie, Rarity is trying to make a bird nest out of her mane."

Rarity's eyes shrink to the comment as she talks, "Twilight..." but her gasped voice doesn't last long as she pulls to her mane, "Does it really look that bad!?"

Pinkie's faint smile grows a little more as she looks between you and Rarity.

At the slightly larger grin Twilight's horn sparks up in a heavy glowing purple as she moves her head down towards Pinkie, her eyes close like before as she starts up her spell.

Pinkie shifts a little to the purple and white glow that starts to appear around her head but the moment is quickly over as the three apple cutie mark on her changes back to its normal party balloon shapes.

Pinkie's faint grin turns into a wide smile as she looks between all of you, "OH my gosh! IthgouhtIwasgoingtobestuckonthisfarmforever!" She pokes her head towards AppleBloom as she talks, "NotthattheresanythingwrongwithfarmsbutIjustcan'tbehereallday!"

Her eyes come back to you as she jumps in front of you with a wide smile, "Are you really going to be a professional clown?"

AppleBloom quickly speaks up in Pinkie's brief silence as she talks, "Wheres Big Macintosh?"

Pinkie points to the bucket of apples as she almost bounces over to them, "I tied him up in the barn...heres the key."

You don't follow after Pinkie as you look to Twilight quickly bringing her hoof up to herself, her back is facing you but you quickly step away from Pinkie as you move to her. A few droplets of blood have accumulated on the tip of her nose but your sight of them is only for a second as she turns away from you and wipes them away, "I'm fine."

You don't listen to her as you watch her horn glowing a faint purple, you poke your hoof to her a little hard as you break her teleportation spell, "Twilight stop, you're going to hurt yourself!"

She turns her head back to you as she shakes her head, "No, really i'm fine."

You tighten your eyes to her words as you talk, "Where going home." You point your hoof to her as you end your comment but she doesn't nod her head as she speaks up again, "We need to do this, if we don't Equestria could be in dan-..."

You cut her off as you talk over her, "I don't care about Equestria Twilight..." Your heart pumps fast to your words as you look over her still unfazed face.

She gives you a smile as she talks, "I do...because you and Violet are in it."

You give a slight laugh to the comment as you look away from her, but you still hold your ears to the words behind you as Pinkie speaks up, "Um Twilight...I know Fluttershy went to Sugarcube corner."

Rarity follows the comment as she talks, "Yes and Rainbow I think went to Fluttershy's house... I could try the spell if you show me it?"

You turn back to face them as you watch Twilight turn her head to AppleBloom, "Your sister is at our house and she'll be back in a little ok?"

The yellow filly nods her head as Pinkie hands her a key, "You should probably go and get Big Mac." AppleBloom holds a slightly mad gaze to Pinkie's faint smile as she nods her head and trots away.

You walk a little closer to the group as Twilight speaks up, "Ok, we'll go to Sugarcube corner first."

You don't wait for her sentence to even really complete as you start to build your own magic under your coat as you try to quickly picture the building around you before Twilight has the chance.

End of chapter 4