• Published 15th Jul 2013
  • 742 Views, 16 Comments

Fallout Equestria: Voyage Of The Exiles - StereoNote



I pondered as a foal gazing out at the shimmering stars…could the princesses be saved from the cruelty of the rebellion that my parents created? No, It was inevitable… the bombs had to fall.

  • ...
3
 16
 742

A Shot Of Cider A Day

“It was too peaceful…no, I wouldn’t say peaceful. It was eerie, too dark for comfort lying in my room as a colt; with nothing but the weight of darkness strapped upon me. Gazing out at the window waiting for my death was not a pleasant feeling. It didn’t frighten me though it was just a feeling that couldn’t be avoidable, it was a feeling of just lost hope and all the little fillies and colts inside that room were crying and begging for their mommies and daddies. My Parents you ask? Fighting the equestrian monarchy that was doomed from the start along with others that had joined the organization. My friends? Kept away by the swift protection of the stables. Me? Left to die…

“Attention all fillies and colts. This is princess Luna, you are all to run to your stables immediately, this is not a drill; I repeat not a drill!” And just like that, chaos wreaked its vengeance on the citizens of Equestria.

When the announcement was heard, every foal ran to their mothers and fathers for comfort inside their cozy little stables.
I forgot to mention that my family was considered outcasts…the scum of Canterlot life, the lowest of the low, We lacked on the charismatic side, and when Celestia announced that Everypony would be granted a free room in the stables; let’s just say that she didn’t mean everyPONY. That’s when my mother and father took action, along with all the other scum that night. While the foals, like myself were left to perish in that one room from that disaster, from that night, and from sure chaos.

I pondered as a foal gazing out at the shimmering stars…could the princesses be saved from the cruelty of the rebellion that my parents created? No, It was inevitable… the bombs had to fall.

My parents told me before they left; words I will never forget “Chaos always finds a way through order and unity.” So what was that rebellion for? Who knows…and who cares. What matters does not rely on the past but instead what you can make of yourself through the present, because after all those bombs fell on the major cities of Equestria I found myself alone in a corrupt world filled with anything but order and unity. But I swore to myself lying under the burnt bodies of the little foals that were shot by radiation, to find the truth of that night, why the bombs fell… and why my parents vanished…


“The most I can give you is five bits for the rifle.” The clerk demanded in a disgruntled voice. I stared at his rugged face through the rim of my hat.”

“Well then…consider this trade off.” I grabbed the dusty rifle from his clinging possession and trotted out of the store… After all it was the only gun I owned.

“Thanks come again…asshole.” He shouted angrily from across the road.

Across the gravel grazed street I had spotted a saloon that shinned its lights quite lively over the dark ebony sky, it seemed lively enough and appealing enough to grab my attention, and any place that could sell cider after hours was the place for me. Walking through the doors I noticed that the majority of the saloon was filled with griffons…I hate griffons, they’re not the most intelligent creature, always rushing things. And because of the recent expansion of the badlands just below Appaloosa, the griffons had to find a different route from their kingdom to the Equestrian wasteland, and that route had to go through Appaloosa… so much for a warm welcome. I sat myself upon a rugged stool that felt as though it were about to bust in and make me trample onto the floor.

“Hey, smoothskin need some cider, How about a salt lick?” a pony recited his services from behind the register.

“Yeah, how much cider can twenty caps get?” I slapped the pouch on the table, and it got the attention of a few griffons sitting across the aisle.

“Ehh…two gallons, and if I was you, I would keep that pouch hidden” He picked up the sack making sure they were authentic.

“Give me one…” I took away ten caps and placed them back in the pouch.

“Sorry about that, cider’s getting pretty expensive around these parts.” He apologized rubbing the shot glasses smoothly with a rag.

“Yeah I’ve noticed that…hey, have you heard about Fillydelphia? I heard it’s a haven for ghouls.” I suggested after gulping down a shot.

“Yeah, as a matter of fact I was just savin’ up to move-.” His sentence was interrupted by a loud smack that came from the middle of the bar, and the first thing I noticed was blood splattered next to the pony’s face, when I looked at the opposing fighter a griffon with three feathers all in a different color stood above that pony with a proud pose and applause rattled the saloon.

“Who’s the griffon?” I asked, impressed by his might.

“That kid oh… he comes here to pummel stubborn ponies every night, that kids got strength!” he left a chuckle at the end.

“Well I’m sure not making a fight with that guy.” I chugged another shot feeling the cider hit my throat and leave a burn.

“Hey pony Joe!” the griffon screamed from atop the grunting and moaning pony below him.

“How’s my favorite griffon doing? Here, have some of Appaloosa’s famous cider on the house!” Pony Joe slid a glass across the table and the griffon caught it and gulped it before you could even mutter the word “more”

“Well three nights in a row, that’s a new record!” Joe shouted.

“Well some griffon’s gotta keep these ponies in order.” Before I could object, the griffon plopped in a stool next to me; I definitely would keep a sharp eye on him.

“It’s the only thing that makes me happy, seeing you pummel those rascals.” He remarked sliding me another shot, but instead of gulping it down without hesitation; I levitated it to the griffon next to me. I guess its good karma.

“Well I’m gonna bail, see you later Joe, keep the change and give the drinks to that champ.” I got down from my stool and placed my hat on firmly.

“Thanks pony!” the griffon stated ecstatically, but you don’t even say your welcome in this world any more… manners are long gone and besides, I hate griffons.

The night seemed so young and I was still too wide-awake to go back to my inn, so I figured a stroll might be exactly what I needed; after all it’s one of the only things that keep me sane in this apocalyptic world.

If there were one thing that I missed, it would be watching the moonrise with my mother, she would always take me to the roof of the apartment we lived in and we would make up stories on how the moon and stars knew each other and played; since We couldn’t afford the fancier things in life. She would always tell me a story that made my mind explode, like this one about two princesses in the moon, she explained that somewhere in the near future, two princesses would spend eternity on the moon together…

And even when she wasn’t there, I would go on the roof and stare at the luminous moon. I always found an inner peace there.

“Where do you think you’re going runt?” a shaky voice taunted from behind. I instantly levitated my knife from its holster and turned, but he wasn’t behind me.

When I turned back, I saw him in front of me with a Bowie knife held straight to my torso. “Hand over that pouch dammit! And make it quick!” he demanded. I’m guessing he was in a hurry because he kept looking back at the saloon.

“No…” I boldly announced. He turned his head back to me.

“ C’mon I’m not playing, Do you want to die here?!” he shouted with his wobbly knife.

“No…” I repeated once more.

“Listen to me…I don’t want to kill you. But the boss is coming and if I don’t get the money…” he paused and cringed until turning his face toward mine. “I’m giving you one last-.” He suddenly gasped and paused; at last he could feel the sharp blade I had drove into his spine. Looks like my agility isn’t something to play around with.

“How did you-?” he grunted with blood dripping from his upper back.

“I stabbed you, you should thank me you know, I’m doing you a favor, your boss wont even notice you’re gone I will give you a proper burial as my gift to you.” He just nodded until he lost consciousness.I had spent the night searching his supply, and burying him in a nice field on the outskirts of the saloon. He must have been a thief; he didn’t look like he would wear a corset.

“Wow you look pretty dirty.” The weak innkeeper commented, “Let me guess…another dead pony.”

“Like I said Flare Heart, I only kill for self defense. He had caught me off guard during my favorite time of the night.” I chuckled and took off my hat.

“Well just, be careful ya hear?” she asked with a caring tone.

“What are you my mom?” I stated protesting like a small colt.

“I’m not old enough to be your mom.” I’m guessing she didn’t get the sarcasm.

“I got your bed sheets clean, I also found blood on one of the towels. Did you kill someone on the premises?!”

I just shook my head and grinned looking back at her, “Trust me I wouldn’t do that to ya.” She had a weak heart.

My room was bleak, filled with a couple of items such as a bed and nightstand. The walls have been cracked due to erosion, and mold covered the roof above me…but why should I complain she gave me this room for free and that’s good enough reason for me to stay and I needed to rest; my endurance was worn out. I placed my father’s rifle on the nightstand and placed my hat on the lamp. While checking out the Pip Buck three thousand A model I had found from the murderer, I felt a sudden pain in my torso, probably the cider counteracting with my system. I began to notice the purple curtains rustling and dancing from the open pane and it was freezing in here. Trotting to the window, I winced and fell to the ground, when I opened my duster hesitantly I saw the gash and felt the blood drip down my hoof onto the hardwood floor. “I guess it wasn’t the cider. Lucky me…” I affirmed aloud.

“Brimstone? Brimstone?!” I could hear Flare Heart yelling my name while her hooves galloped up the stairs. When the door slammed open I could see her race to my body. I hadn’t realized the pain until now? That’s just like me, and now she’s going to kill me even if I survive.

“Silver Leaf, get me the first aid!” I could feel myself closing in and losing consciousness. Flare Heart turned my head so I could look to the roof. When I looked closer I saw a small crevice; through the cranny, I could see the stunningly beautiful moon and the two sisters inside that my mother had spoken of in her stories; “How bizarre.” I muttered before losing my perception.

Author's Note:

Well here it is!


Also...I put in all seven S.P.E.C.I.A.L. traits inside this chapter :)