• Published 18th Jul 2013
  • 15,708 Views, 4,420 Comments

The Captain of Mining - Raybony



Jordan (AKA CaptainSparklez) gets sent to Equestria after a weird incident with his modded survival. And the only way to get back is to find the missing elements of Harmony, scattered in different dimensions.

  • ...
77
 4,420
 15,708

Test of Loyalty

As soon as Rainbow saw Sparklez dash for her, she brought her sword up, parrying the iron blade. When Sparklez made contact he took a hold of Rainbow’s wrist, as he brought his weight across, tossing the human mare to the side.

Rainbow flipped over, recovering from the attack before she dash forward again. Sparklez swung his blade horizontally, but missed as the woman took flight, changing her direction before descending back down, delivering a kick across Sparklez’ face.

Sparklez landed on the ground with a bump and rubbed his face. As he got up he now noticed a red mark of Rainbow’ hoof. He turned around just in time to see Rainbow trying to stab him on the chest, he quickly rolled to the side, avoiding the blade as it buried itself in the ground.

Sparklez quickly stood up, in time to evade another swing of Rainbow’s sword. “You think you can outmatch me?” She challenged. “I’ve face things tougher than you, and you don’t even come close to being a pest to me!” Rainbow turned on the spot, kicking Sparklez in the chest.

He took hard breaths, trying to recover the air that had been knocked out of him. “Rainbow, snap out of it. This isn’t you,” Sparklez said as he stopped another attack from the woman, he then punched Rainbow on the gut, making her grunt in pain.

Rainbow brought a leg up, kicking the man on the chin, making both of them to separate from each other. “Oh, it’s me alright, I just opened my eyes to the bigger picture. This land used to be peaceful, the landscape untouched by all its glory, but now it has been destroyed by those who inhabit it,” Rainbow spoke as she walked around Sparklez, her white soulless eyes watching him as she talked.

“No, you are not Dashie, you are just some mean imposter!” Pinkie said from the side, pointing an accusing hoof at the blue woman.

“Stay out of this Pinkie Pie, you have no word on this matter.” Rainbow said, giving an icy glare at the pink pony. “I can’t believe I ever considered calling you a friend.”

Pinkie was hit hard by that, not believing that her best friend would even say those kind of words. “No, you don’t mean those things!” She wailed.

“Rainbow Dash, how can you be so uncaring on your friend’s feelings? Have you forgotten your lessons on friendship?” Celestia said, her voice now having a tone of anger.

“You can shove those lessons up your fat plot, you witch.” This statement made everyone gasped in shock, in all milleniums no one would have thought somepony would ever dare to insult the Princess in such level. “You of all ponies should be blamed for the destruction of this land, along with Luna.”

“THOU SHALT NOT TAINT OURS OR THY SISTERS NAME!” Luna boomed her Royal Canterlot voice, making the ponies next to her cringe at the intensity of her statement.

Rainbow ignored the monarch as she shouted at her, not caring for them at that moment as she had a bigger threat to take care of. Turning around she went to face Sparklez again, only that this time he was now gone from where he once stood.

She was about to search around when a blade rested against her neck and a hand taking hold of her, stopping her from making any sudden movements. “Sneaking behind me when I’m distracted, and here I thought you were always more of the direct guy.” Rainbow snorted as she stood there with an indifferent face.

Sparklez smirked from behind the mare. “I always like to keep things fresh, sticking to one thing kind of gets boring after awhile.” He took a tighter hold of Dash, determined not to let her go that easily. “Now let go of the red... sword, gem, ama doohickey.” Sparklez said, still not sure of if the sword was originally a blade or was it a whole new object.

Rainbow had the same look on her face, not caring what he was saying. “I really don’t get how you even manage to survive this long Sparklez-.” She reached to the blade that rested near her throat, taking hold of it before tightening her grip around the blade.

CRACK

Sparklez watched as the blade cracked under the pressure of Rainbow’s grip, shards of iron flying in the air as the light shone on them. Rainbow took the moment of distraction and took hold of Sparklez arm, flinging him across the air, making him land within the centre of the new crater on Ponyville.

“-because you are just stupid.” Rainbow said finishing her sentence, twirling with the sword in her hand as she walked towards. She suddenly came to a stop when she heard the sound of rumbling coming her way.

“Blue lady, not hurt, master!” Knievel shouted at the her as he charged towards the human mare.

Rainbow looked at him unamused. She brought a fist back, before she delivered a punch at the iron golem, making him fly across until he hit a wall, slightly burying himself from the impact. Knievel struggled against the wall until he came out from it, but there was a slight problem.

“Oh-Uh, no body. Body, come here.” The head of Knievel said as he was stuck on the wall, unable to do anything as his body flung its arms around, trying to find its owner’s head. “No, behind, not over there, here. Notch, damn it!”

Rainbow gave a smirk at the display, before turning to where Sparklez had been thrown at. But she was immediately stopped when she felt a kick come from behind her, making her go to one knee.

“Enough Rainbow, you cause quite a lot of trouble.” Applejack said as she came to face the human mare. “I don’t know what came over ya, but you better snap out of it, or you are getting the horns.” Applejack said this as she let out a puff of steam out of her nose.

Rainbow was about to attack the farmpony, when someone grabbed her arms from behind, followed by a sudden weight put to rest on top of her back. “Give our Dashie back you big meanie!” Pinkie shouted from the back of the human mare.

“Are you that desperate to die? Fine.” Rainbow extended her wings from underneath Pinkie. She soon took flight and ascended quickly into the air. Pinkie was fighting the rush of wind as she held on tightly to Rainbow’s back.

“Ever wondered what it feels to be in near the Stratosphere Pinkie? Why don’t we find out?” Rainbow then increased her speed, scaling the skies to heaven. She then heard the sound of hard breathing coming from behind her as she came close to 40,000 ft.

“The view is quite breathtaking, isn’t it?” She said with a devious smirk, feeling as the pink mare started to lose her grip on her.

“D-dashie, c-can’t-” Whatever she was about to say was lost as she finally let go of Rainbow Dash, the lack of oxygen making too hard to do simple motoric actions.

Rainbow turned around at that moment, looking at the falling form of Pinkie with an amuse look. “Oh I forgot, non-pegasi can’t really survive this high up, heh heh, my bad.” She smirked as she dived bomb towards the ground to meet the ponies that were most certainly waiting for their return.


“I can’t see them, how high did Rainbow just take Pinkie?” Twilight asked, starting to get worry with every second that passed. Dreading for the safety for Pinkie considering the circumstances.

“Look.” Fluttershy spoke as she pointed to a Pink dot that was increasing in size rapidly. Everyone in terror when they could identify it as Pinkie falling towards the ground.

Suddenly a large pink cotton cloud appeared underneath of Pinkie, who landed on top of it as it slowed her fall enough that Applejack managed to catch her safely, electing sighs of reliefs from everyone.

“Thank you Discord, for a moment there I thought we would lose Pinkie for sure.” Twilight said to the draconequus, who seemed a bit tired out but still stood proudly, or floated proudly? Whatever.

“Well I wasn’t gonna let my favourite pony die now was I?” Discord said with a small smirk as he made the cotton cloud vanish.

Their little moment was interrupted when the sound of an object impacting the ground resonated through the air. Looking at the source of the sound, they found the rising form of Rainbow, the ground underneath her cracked slightly from her hard landing.

“Really lame guys, here I wanted to see some splattered Pinkie for when I arrived, way to ruin my fun.” Rainbow scoffed as she tap the sword against her shoulder in a repeated motion.

“Rainbow Dash, please, you got to see the error in your actions,” Celestia pleaded. “You are causing pain and misery with your acts, you have to fight whatever is controlling you, you must-” She was silenced as a hand wrapped around her throat, the cold feeling of a blade resting against her fur and skin.

Everyone was taken aback at how quick Rainbow had managed to clear the distance between them and where she once stood, but soon recovered as they took an offensive stance, seeing their ruler in danger.

“You talk too much for your own good, and look how easy it was to overpower you when you can’t even touch me. Makes you wonder how such a weakling like you could be consider a ruler.” She pressed the blade harder against her throat, this time a thin line of blood could be seen coming out from where the edge rested.

“Rainbow Dash, stop this madness! You can’t kill Celestia.” Twilight shouted in fear as she saw that Rainbow was so close to taking their monarch’s life.

Rainbow just chuckled at that, amused at how they were still trying to believe a lie. “Oh I very well can Twilight. She may be considered immortal, but to what extent?” Rainbow took the blade back from Celestia’s throat, raising it to the air in an executioner style.

“Say goodbye Prince-” She was cut off when something sharp hit her arm, making her let go of Celestia on reflex. Celestia took the moment to teleport away to the group, seeing as her aggressor was distracted.

Rainbow saw her arm, having a scar running across nearly all of her left forearm. She looked to the floor to see the hilt of a broken iron sword laying on the floor. “Grrr, Sparklez.” Rainbow said under her breath as she turned to where she knew the person in question was.

When she looked she saw him standing on top of a section of the ground that had been risen up, and he had a large blade of golden colour, small parts of the sword jutting out from the sides possibly for parrying better or delivering a stronger blow.

Sparklez looked at her, a deep frown on his face as he came down to the even ground. “Now I’m sure that something is controlling you Dash, you would never have dare to attack your own ruler, not from what I have seen.” Sparklez said as he walked towards the human mare.

Rainbow just snorted at him, walking towards him as well, tightening her grip on her blade. “You’re still going with that? Is it so hard to admit that this is the real me and I have chosen to follow my own ideals?” Rainbow said as she stopped about three metres from him.

Sparklez stopped as well, glaring intensely at Rainbow’s blank eyes. “Then it seems I’m gonna have to knock some sense into you.” Sparklez said as he rushed forward.

Rainbow just smirked, putting her sword into a defensive position to ward off the attack. Sparklez brought his sword down, hitting the blade of Rainbow’s aggressively which made the human mare stagger backwards.

Rainbow was immediately surprised, that last attack was stronger than she thought, even stronger than she thought was possible. She was about to recover but had to stop another blow from Sparklez’ sword, making her stagger back even more.

Twilight ran towards her ruler’s side, wanting to check that she was unharmed. “Princess, are you ok? Rainbow didn’t harm you did she?” She asked frantically, scared of anything bad may have happened to Celestia.

Celestia put a hoof on the shoulder of the young alicorn, giving her a reassuring smile. “I am fine Twilight, but I dread to know what is happening to Rainbow.” Her face darkened. “She has never shown this level of aggressiveness in the past, which is saying something.” Celestia said, seeing the fight between Rainbow and Sparklez, the man having a small advantage at the moment.

“We know what you speak of sister, this calamity all started the instant she confronted that titan of a monster. But as to why she would betray her country, that is a mystery to us all.” Luna spoke, thinking intently on the event that caused this disaster.

Twilight thought this as well, not getting how the loyal friend of hers, would just stab them in the back like this, almost literally. She started recalling everything that happened until Dash’s sudden turnabout.

They had started to fight the monster in the middle of Ponyville, but she doubted that being in contact with the creature caused this, for Pinke had been in contact with it more than once. Then she started to fight with Sparklez, but if Sparklez had to do with it then have friends could have been affected as well, if not easier.

Then there was the time that she rescued Sparklez, maybe some blood had landed on her and seeing as the magic of Sparklez was totally different than that of ponies, maybe it could have had some kind of reaction on Rainbow; but Sparklez didn’t show any signs of being cut or bleeding from any part, so that wasn’t it either.

Then there was when she fought the monster again, she was able to harm it like Sparklez. She was still surprised that her theory was correct about Sparklez shades...Wait the shades! Twilight quickly looked to the fight again, spotting Rainbow holding her sword with both hands as to deflect Sparklez’ blows.

Twilight quickly looked at Rainbow’s face, immediately spotting the shades that she was thinking about, that was it! “Sparklez!” She hollered “It’s the shades, they must be what’s making her act this way!”

Sparklez looked at her for a second before looking back at Rainbow. Shades? Is she talking about the ones that are mine? Now that he thought about it, he didn’t have the HUD displaying on his vision. Looking at Rainbow he spotted said shades as he held his place against Rainbow’s sword. Oh God damn it, how didn’t I see that before? (Because you tend to skip important stuff, as always! Like that western Revolver!)

“You actually think that’s going to solve your problems? Ha! You are more stupid than I thought.” Rainbow exclaimed as she pushed hard against Sparklez, starting to win the little match of strength.

Sparklez struggled against Rainbow, starting to get tired from all this fighting. “But I bet she is right, so no matter what I will get you back Dash.” He then, with a mighty push, managed to get Rainbow off him, and immediately delivered a kick which sent the human mare against a wall.

Rainbow tried to recover fast again, but the sudden kick had taken her by surprise, making it hard for her to move. She look up in time to see Sparklez swinging the golden blade around, aiming it right for her head.

Rainbow closed her eyes, preparing herself for the imminent end. She flinched when she heard metal strike concrete, but didn’t feel any pain whatsoever. Opening her eyes she saw that the sprouts of the blade had embedded themselves on the wall behind her, both of the sprouts stuck at either side of her neck, making it impossible to move away.

Sparklez seeing that the mare was trapped wasted no time, reaching out he took hold of the glasses and pulled them away from Rainbow. The mare’s head slumping down as soon as the shades were removed.

“YAY! He did it, we got our Dashie back!” Yelled an excited Pinkie Pie.

Sparklez looked at the cheery group. “Well I’m glad that is over.” He said as he put his shades back on, seeing the HUD appear again on his vision. “But it seems the fight took a lot out of her, better if we get her somewhere nice to rest.” He said as he went to remove the golden blade that was still holding Rainbow by the neck.

“Ha, ha-ha”

Sparklez recoiled at the chuckle, hearing it coming from Rainbow. “W-what?”

“You actually believed that would work!” The head of Rainbow slowly raised as she looked at Sparklez, the same white eyes staring out. “I didn’t believe you could be even more of an idiot.” She reached with her free hand to the end of the golden blade, pulling it out of the wall, letting her stand up fully, before tossing it away, making it sink to the ground.

Rainbow launched herself and grabbed Sparklez by the throat, before smashing him against a wall opposite from where they were. She then went to jab her sword into Sparklez’s gut, but was stopped the man holding her arm back.

“Who would have thought, after I felt pity for you, when I actually stopped considering you as a threat, and finally opening up to make friends with you, I would just go and end your life.” She said as she pushed harder against Sparklez hold, slowly moving the blade closer to the target.

Sparklez fought against the mare’s thrust, impeding the blade to gain any more ground. “Dash you can’t do this. What about your friends?” Sparklez said as best as he could against Rainbow’s hold on his throat.

“What about them? I don’t need them, they are nothing to me now. So let them think anything about me, I’ll still kill them when the time comes.” She said as she applied more pressure on the man’s throat, making it harder for him to breath.

“You...told me before...that you wouldn’t let...your friends come to...harm.” Sparklez said through hard breaths, the lack of oxygen starting to make him lose strength, making the blade come ever so closer.

“Yeah, so what if I said that before? What are you trying to get at?” Rainbow was starting to get pissed off at the man, really wanting to end his life already.

“Then...why are you going...against your word?...Are you really… going to...kill them...after... what...you said?” Sparklez was now at the verge of unconsciousness, trying his best to keep the blade at bay.

“Of course I…” She stopped there, all action stopped there, she didn’t move as she remained still. “I-I-I-AAAARRRRGH!” Rainbow suddenly let go of Sparklez, instead going to hold her head as she staggered around.

“Get out of my head!” Rainbow said to noone in particular, thrashing about as she went on her rant. “No! This world needs cleansing, and you will be our vessel!” Rainbow spoke again, but her voice distorted like if multiple voices talked out of a sink.

“What’s happening?” Fluttershy asked in concern, seeing her friend in pain.

“I don’t know darling, but whatever it is, it must be what’s behind poor Rainbow’s betrayal.” Rarity said as she watched at the scene with her own share of worry.

“This world is fine as it is! You are just destroying it with what you have planned!” She said as she gripped her head harder, screaming at the invisible entity that she was referring to at the moment. “You are blind to the wonders again, let me show you the beauty that this world will have when we are through with it.”

Rainbow opened her eyes when she said that, letting out a defying shout. “NOOOOOOO!”

SLASH

Everyone present gasped at what they saw. Fluttershy breaking down in the spot, Twilight holding a hoof to her face at what she saw. Sparklez just blinked in surprise, never expecting such action from Rainbow.

“I’ll...never let you” Rainbow said with gritted teeth, as she held her sword in her chest, making the point of the blade come out from the other side of her.

“Dash no!” Sparklez screamed as he ran towards Rainbow, determined to help her at any cost.

Rainbow dropped to her knees, resting her weight on one hand, starting to feel weak. All while the embedded sword pulsating in her chest, which followed with her starting to cough, blood? Wait...

Sparklez stopped on his tracks, looking at the black goop that was coming out of Rainbow’s mouth. “What the-?” He shook his head, deciding this was not the best time to wonder about strange sights.

Soon Rainbow stopped spitting the vile substance, the blade stopping from pulsating as she lost the strength to support herself. But she was caught by Sparklez midfall, stopping her from hitting the ground.

The blade that was in her started to be surrounded by a red mist, making the blade slowly disappear as it soon turned to a red gem in the shape of a lighting bolt, falling to the ground as it bounced to Sparklez side.

“Dash, talk to me.” Sparklez said as he turned the mare around to face him on his arms. He looked at her body, not noticing any trace of where the blade had penetrated her, not even on her clothes.

Rainbow’s eyes fluttered a bit before they open, revealing her normal rose tinted eyes, seeing the man on top of her she gave a faint smile. “Thanks for helping me back there.” Rainbow said as she embraced the man in a hug.

Sparklez was a bit surprised at the action, but not being one to refuse a hug he returned the embrace. “Awww, don’t they look cute together?” Came the voice of Pinkie Pie from behind, followed by everyone else.

Sparklez and Rainbow both had a tint of blush at that, as to avoid any repetitions from early Sparklez helped rainbow to her feet/hooves, before clearing his throat. “Yeah, erm, well.” He fidgeted with his hands, trying hard to find a way to change the subject.

He was saved by Rainbow going in front, her head hanging low as to hide her shame. “Guys I, I’m sorry for what I did. I would have never said those things but I-” She was silenced by Celestia raising her hoof.

“We understand Rainbow, you were being used by another force, making you do such deeds, we don’t hold anything against you.” Celestia said with a sweet smile, trying to ease the human mare.

“But that’s the thing; I, I really meant those things. At the time I thought they were right and I didn’t feel any guilt. But now? I’m not even sure I can forgive myself.” She said with a sad expression, before she was tackled to the ground by a very emotional Pinkie.

“Don’t blame yourself Dashie, please, I don’t want to see you sad after we got you back.” Pinkie said to the human mare, hugging her with all her might, maybe a bit too hard as Rainbow was trying desperately to escape from her grip.

“Pinkie...Can’t...Breath!” Rainbow said to her emotional friend, the mare in question letting go as soon as Rainbow said that.

“If your friends are willing to look past this incident,” Celestia began. “then I see no reason why you should blame yourself if you have seen the error in your mistakes, however drastic they may have been.” She said this as she rubbed the part of her neck that had the blade touch.

Rainbow looked at the faces of all her friends, seeing no anger or fear on them, but rather joy at seeing her friend back. “Guys I, thank you.” She said with a small tear on her eye before wiping it off.

“Yay, group hug!” Pinkie declared as she raced to hug her dear friend, the rest soon following her. “You too Sparky.” Pinkie said to Sparklez, waving a hoof at the human to join.

Sparky? Well there’s a new one. He chuckled to himself before going to the group, joining in the hug.

Unknown to them, the black blob that had been spitted by Rainbow was moving away, escaping the scene, not wanting to be spotted by any of the individuals. Planning when it should try again to gain control of a new vessel.

Author's Note:

Well that, was unexpected. And yay, Rainbow is back and is friends with Sparklez! But I dare imagine what will happen in the future with that blob that now lurks around in the dark.

I think I better explain what happened to Rainbow, as I highly doubt that I will be able to explain what happened in the future of the whole story, even by the end. Tell me if you want me to tell you, or would rather wait until we have seen the last of that blob of darkness.

Not sure if have address the issue with the heights before, but I feel I need to tell again in case. Ponies stand to shoulder height of Sparklez level, and if they were standing on their hindlegs they would reach to his height, coming to eye level. So right now Rainbow stands at the same height as Sparklez, even if she may be one or two inches shorter.

But I bet you have many questions as to has happened in the last few chapters, be assure, they most possibly be answered on the next chapter. And yes, I did a reference to one of Sparklez's videos. And I can't stop picturing a standoff between corrupted Rainbow and Sparklez, how awesome if someone made a picture of it! Not that I'm asking for one <_< >_>. If you find a more fitting song for the fight, tell me.

Until next time. Peace!