• Published 8th Jul 2013
  • 1,283 Views, 22 Comments

Jurassic Ponies - BeardyPie



A lesson in friendship 65 million years in the making.

  • ...
1
 22
 1,283

Search

__________MonoChrome__________

Chrome and Rarity sped down the maintenance road toward the Tyrannosaur paddock. She had offered to accompany him and she wanted to get Sweetie Belle back. She felt terrible for leaving her on the tour. Poor thing was probably terrified being out here stuck in the dark. The headlight beams shone on something amber colored in the road.

"What the hay?" MonoChrome said as he braked. He and Rarity got out of the car and walked along the beams of light. Rarity felt sick when she realized what it was. It was somepony's hind leg. She noticed the cutie mark; three horseshoes.

"Well, we found Caramel." Chrome said grimly as he levitated the severed leg allowing the last bit of blood to spill out on the fronds.

"What did that?" Rarity said while trying to keep down her lunch.

"The juvenile Rex." Chrome said. "Look at the laceration near the haunches of the leg. It wasn't cut off, but instead pulled and twisted. Would you care to look in the jeep and find a tarp or something? It doesn't feel right to leave it here."

Rarity walked to the back of the jeep and opened the back latch. She rummaged around in the back.

"Here's two tarps." She said as she levitated them in front of her.

"Thanks" Chrome said as he wrapped the leg in the tarp. He passed the shapeless lump to Rarity. "Try and wedge it back there so it doesn't roll around."

Rarity hesitantly levitated the bundle into the back and slammed the door. The two got back into the jeep and continued to the Rex enclosure. They topped the hill and for a moment the headlights shone straight into the air then they descended quickly revealing the carnage that had happened earlier. MonoChrome stopped the jeep and the two ponies quickly got out to assess the damage.

"Where's the other car!?" Rarity asked quickly. "That's where Sweetie and Apple Bloom were, and if that happened to Caramel, then..." her eyes began to water.

"I'm sure she's fine. Let's just find the other car before we jump to any conclusions." Chrome said, trying to comfort Rarity.

He noticed all the doors on the second cruiser were open. He deduced that all the Mares had gotten out and probably escaped. The fillies on the other hoof...

"There." He pointed to broken brush leading off to the side of the road. "The other car."

Rarity and Chroem ran to the wreckage of the car.

"SWEETIE BELLE! APPLE BLOOM!" Rarity called out.

"Quiet! We don't know what's lurking around" Chrome said as he shushed her. "Look.Two sets of small hoof prints leading off to that pipe. They didn't leave in a hurry."

They followed the tracks to the pipe where they were joined by a set of larger tracks.

"Look, at least one of the mares is with the kids." MonoChrome said. This eased Rarity's mind some.

"But where did they go? I would've stayed here and waited for somepony to come get me."

"So would I, but what if they couldn't stay?" Chrome said as he continued to follow the tracks. They came to a log where the tracks began to overlap then run into the jungle.

"Did the rex come back?" Rarity asked.

"The young one probably, but I believe your sister is alive and well." Chrome said placing a caring hoof on Rarity's shoulder. Rarity smiled and wiped a tear from her eyes. She began to speak, but Chrome put his hoof over her mouth. He listened; ears alert. Rarity removed his hoof.

"What is it?"

He said nothing. She listened. Then she heard it too. Wheezing, no louder than the wind. MonoChrome ran to the source of the sound, followed closely by Rarity. They ran past the second car, off into the jungle and discovered the mangled body of Twilight Sparkle.

"Sweet Celestia..." Rarity said

Twilight had a semicircle of tooth marks around her abdomen and her right back leg was twisted at a weird angle and coated in dried blood. Higher up on her leg was a vine that was wrapped tight.

"She's put a tourniquet on. Ms. Sparkle, can you hear me?" Chrome said

Twilight faintly nodded and said "Das..h .......kid.s......"

MonoChrome pulled a small canteen from his vest pocket and gave her a drink.

"What happened??" Rarity said, joining Chrome by her side.

"The rex... got out.... attacked." she said between drinks from the canteen.

"Is that what did this to you?" Rarity asked. Twilight nodded.

"It picked me up and shook me then threw me into the jungle. I broke the leg in the fall."

"What did you say about Dash and the kids?" Chrome asked as he put the canteen back into his pocket.

"They ran into the jungle not long before you two showed up."

They heard the rex roar in the distance. Chrome looked to Rarity.

"Think we should chance moving her?" He asked

Twilight raised up. "Please chance it." She said.

Chrome nodded then he and Rarity gently helped Twilight into the back of the jeep. They had to take the cover off the top of the jeep so Twilight could lay comfortably in the back. MonoChrome and Rarity folded the top of the jeep for storage. They would've been done with it a lot sooner, if it weren't for Rarity's pickiness. Twilight laid back, then felt something peculiar, and vaguely familiar. She glanced to the side and saw a puddle begin to ripple.

"You guys feel that?" She asked.

"Feel what, darling?" Rarity asked as she folded the rag top for the sixth time.

"I think we need to leave." Twilight said nervously.

"Why? What is it?" MonoChrome said, noticing her worry.

"That's an impact tremor, is what it is." Twilight said.

Chrome felt it too. "Um Ms. Rarity I think we should go. Now."

"Why? I still need to-"

Trees came crashing down revealing the Rex. It bellowed at the intruders. Rarity screamed.

"Start the engine!" Twilight shouted. Rarity and Chrome ran to the jeep and jumped in. Chrome started the engine, put the car in gear then sped off. The Rex was chasing after them.

"We might wanna go faster." Twilight said as she watched the Rex closing in on them. MonoChrome shot through the gears as quickly as he could. The Rex was still gaining.

"5th gear!" Twilight shouted.

"Oh Shit! Oh Shit!" Rarity kept repeating. MonoChrome glanced into his rearview mirror in time to see the Rex snap at Twilight. She screamed and backed up. She bumped the shifter and knocked the car out of gear. The jeep decelerated immensely.

"You're on the stick! Move!" Chrome shouted as he tried to move Twilight.

"LOOK OUT!" Rarity shrieked as she pointed to a low hanging tree ahead.

"Everypony down!" Chrome shouted as he ducked.

The tree slammed against the windshield; shattering the glass. The Rex simply burst through the tree and continued the pursuit. MonoChrome finally removed Twilight from the shifter and accelerated. The Rex eventually tired out and veered off into the jungle. MonoChrome smiled as his heart raced. He looked to Rarity who was grabbing her chest and breathing heavily.

"You think they'll have THAT on the tour?" Twilight said as they proceeded to the visitor's center.

__________Apple-Pie__________

Applejack and Pinkie ran through the jungle. Whatever had bitten pinkie, It now followed them. Not attacking, but keeping its distance. Each time Applejack glanced back, she saw the glowing eyes a short distance away. Pinkie's condition did not improve. She kept stumbling and AJ had to help her get her balance. Her wound didn't favor well either. It turned black and purple and began to travel up her leg. Pinkie fell over and her eyes rolled back in her head.

"Pinkie!" Aj said as she tried to wake her up. Pinkie's lifeless body just laid there. Aj heard the growl in the distance behind them and saw the glowing eyes approaching. Without hesitation she flung pinkie up on her back and continued to run through the jungle. She saw the top of a building beyond the trees and she suddenly burst out in to an open field. The maintenance shed! She opened the door and ran inside. Inside were rack of supplies; ropes, shovels, cables etc. She grabbed a flashlight from the shelf a flipped it on. She shone it on the wall, revealing stenciled on words reading: ''TRIKE MAINT. 1' she then shone the light on pinkie to check her wound. Her hair had lost it's normally bouncy texture and her coat had turned grayish pink. She looked around the shed, then found what she was looking for. She pulled down a first aid kit and opened it. Inside she found disinfectant, bandages, and gauze pads. She took out the disinfectant and knelt down beside Pinkie.

"This may sting a bit, sugarcube." she said as she sprayed pinkie's leg. She applied the gauze and wrapped the wound. Pinkie began to mumble incoherently.

"Mom.....Dad..... don't... send...away...." she mumbled.

I better get ahold of the control room fast. she thought to herself. She shone her light on the wall and saw a metal box. She opened it to find a telephone with codes on the inside of the door.

'SECURITY 555-7023'
'MAINT.: 555-7024'
'VISITOR LODGE: 555-7025'
'CONTROL: 555-7026'

She dialed the control room, but heard only static. She sighed and sat down in the floor. She felt her eyes get heavy and she gently drifted to sleep.

Author's Note:

Sorry about this chapter not being as long as the others. I'll make it up to you all. I swear!

Comments ( 5 )

2949847 Perhaps, but there's only one way to be positive. We need a lot of funding, a box full of amber, some gene sequencers, some time, and a little bit of luck. :moustache:

How are you going to tie in the game and the movie in the end?

2952177 Only time will tell, my friend :pinkiecrazy:

It seems like Pinkie Pie and Twilight Sparkle are both Dr. Malcolm. :pinkiegasp:

I'm impressed. You've combined the movie, the game, and the novel into a horrifyingly fantastic story. I'll definitely keep track on this.

I just have one questuion: what happened to Fluttershy?

Login or register to comment