• Published 8th Jul 2013
  • 2,463 Views, 70 Comments

The Doctor Whooves Chronicles Episode 5: Prisoners of War - Doctor Perseus



Derpy wishes to go somewhere relaxing. The Doctor is willing to grant her wish but the unexpected appearance of a unicorn named Twilight Sparkle and the TARDIS unexpectedly taking them 600 years into the future changes his plans.

  • ...
3
 70
 2,463

Busted

Chapter 4: Busted

Nymphadora, 1678 C.E.

Twilight was shivering when she awoke. The memory of the nightmare that she had just awoken from was extremely cloudy and she could barely remember anything about it. "Spike?" she asked aloud as she sat up and rubbed her eyes. "You there? I just had the strangest dream." Her vision was slightly blurred as she opened her eyes and gave out a soft yawn. "I dreamt that I stumbled into this time traveling box and ended up on some planet in the future inhabited by purple wolves. Crazy, right?" Twilight's vision cleared and her face fell as she found herself lying on a white bed in what appeared to be an infirmary. She was still wearing the gown she had worn to Shining Armor and Cadance's wedding but it was slightly singed in certain areas. There was also a nasty burn mark in the center of her chest.

"You're awake. That's good," said a cheerful voice. Twilight looked to see a female Nymphadorian in a nurse's outfit standing at the foot of the bed.

"UGH! It wasn't a dream?!" Twilight groaned as she fell back onto the bed.

The nurse chuckled a bit as she approached Twilight and began taking notes on clipboard. "You ponies are so cute."

"Uh...thanks?"

The nurse finished jotting down a few notes. She then turned back to Twilight with a huge grin on her face. "How are you feeling?"

I'm doing just fine, Ms. Purple Wolf Nurse! Twilight thought. I mean, I've only just been taken into the future by a time-traveling blue box and am stuck on an alien planet inhabited by purple wolves who will shoot you upon hearing your name; and, to add insult to injury, I have a massive burn mark in the center of my chest and my friend Rarity is surely going to skin me alive when she sees what's happened to the dress she made. And, of course, I'm now in an unknown place and the only two ponies who can get me back home are nowhere to be seen. Oh yeah! I'm doing just FINE!

"Peachy," Twilight replied with a forced smile.

"No pains? No dizziness? No need to throw up?" the nurse asked.

"No."

"Excellent!" The nurse jotted down a few more quick notes. "I'm surprised. You healed faster than I had expected you to. I guess it's because of your unicorn magic and all that! So, what's your name?"

"My...name?" Twilight instantly got a flashback to what had happened with Midna. "Why do you need to know that?"

"For the infirmary records. Army stuff. Lots of procedures that I don't want to bore you with. So, your name please."

Twilight froze for a few seconds as she tried to come up with an alias for herself. "My name's...Rainbow Dash," she replied.

The nurse raised an eyebrow as she wrote the name down. "Rainbow Dash, huh? That's an...interesting name," the nurse stated.

"Yep! It certainly is! Fits my personality completely!" The nurse still had her eyebrow raised. Twilight figured that this would be a good time to cast a spell she had been trying out recently. She aimed her horn at the nurse and a series of small rainbows shot out of it. The rainbows circled around the nurse, zoomed through the air, and exploded into mini fireworks that lit up the room.

The nurse smiled warmly at the fireworks. "Thank you, Ms. Dash," she said happily. "I needed that." Twilight tilted her head a bit as the nurse turned around and exited the infirmary.

For a couple minutes, Twilight lay in silence as she examined the area around her. The infirmary was completely empty aside from herself. There were no windows and the air smelled like that of an ordinary hospital room. Everything seemed peaceful and safe but Twilight couldn't help but feel uneasy. All she really wanted right now was to return to the TARDIS and have the Doctor and Derpy get her back home. But she would have to find them first.

Out of curiosity, she tried to see if she could teleport out of the infirmary. When she tried to do so, nothing happened aside from a spark of magic shooting from her horn. I can't teleport! she thought. They must have some sort of futuristic technology here that can prevent teleportation.

Twilight looked around the room for any possibilities of getting out. So far, the only option was simply walking out the door but she knew that leaving the infirmary wouldn't be that simple. But she really wanted to get out. She couldn't fully understand why she felt so uneasy but it was almost as if somepony were watching her every move and waiting for the perfect moment to strike. A cold chill ran down her spine and she rubbed her hooves together to get a bit warmer. Everything was silent but Twilight could hear the faint sound of laughter echoing throughout the room. It was extremely low and difficult to hear but Twilight could hear it. There was definitely something wrong here.

"Doctor...where are you?" Twilight asked as she curled up on the infirmary bed.

Derpy walked calmly as Colonel Ash led her and the Doctor into the building that held the infirmary. It smelled a bit fresher in this building and it was a lot quieter. Hardly anypony was in here. Occasionally, they would pass by a soldier or a nurse but, for the most part, they had the building to themselves.

"Not that many people here," said the Doctor.

"It's no surprise. The Nymphadorian soldiers are very good at keeping themselves out of the infirmary," Colonel Ash replied.

"What about the others?" Derpy asked.

"Others?"

"The Ruleonites and the Auranians."

"They're good at keeping themselves out of the infirmary as well." They turned around a corner and came across a pair of white doors. A nurse was sitting at a desk by the door and filing through a series of papers.

"Is this where she is?" the Doctor asked.

"Last time I checked, this is where they brought her." Colonel Ash approached the nurse and the nurse smiled at him.

"What can I do for you, Colonel?" she asked with a huge grin.

"I'm here to reunite these two with their unicorn friend. Is she in here?"

"Yes she is and she's recovering quite well. The burns should be gone within an hour or so."

"Would it be alright if we went in and saw her?" the Doctor asked.

"Certainly!" The nurse stood up and entered the infirmary. She reappeared a few seconds later with her large grin still on her face. "She's quite eager to see you two."

"Are you coming in with us, Colonel?" the Doctor asked.

"Nah. You two go on in," replied Colonel Ash as he turned towards the nurse and grinned. "I can wait out here."

The nurse blushed a bit as she sat down at her desk and continued filing through the papers.

Oh brother, Derpy thought as she followed the Doctor into the infirmary.

"Doctor! Derpy!" Twilight stated happily as they entered. Derpy sat on the foot of Twilight's bed while the Doctor stood next to Twilight.

"Feeling better?" the Doctor asked.

"Kinda...sorta...I don't know."

"Well, things could have obviously been a lot worse."

Twilight looked down at the burn on her chest and chuckled. "Yeah. So where have you two been? Where are we? What happened? I don't really remember what happened after Midna shot me."

"We're in a Nymphadorian army base. You teleported us away when Midna shot you and that's what saved your life. We were captured by soldiers upon arriving at our new destination. Derpy and I were put in a prison cell while you were taken here for medical care."

"So they let you out of the cell?"

"We explained our situation to the Colonel and he's willing to let us go as he doesn't want to drag us into this."

"I'm starting to think that's the best option," said Twilight. "I don't like the idea of this war as much as you, Doctor, but we really need to get out of here."

"Why?" Derpy asked.

"I...I don't know. Something doesn't feel right. I feel like I'm being watched by somepony. It's almost as if there's something in this room with us and it wants me." Derpy and the Doctor looked around the room. "You have to get me out of here, Doctor. Let's just head back to the TARDIS and go back to Equestria in my time."

"Well...that depends, Twilight," said the Doctor. "Do you have enough strength to teleport us to the other side of the planet?"

"What?" Twilight asked.

"That first teleportation spell you cast sent us to the other side of the planet from the area where the TARDIS is."

"WHAT?!"

"Maybe we can have the Colonel give us a ride or something," Derpy suggested.

"Possibly," said the Doctor.

"We have to get off this planet. We have to get away from this war," said Twilight. "There's...there's something evil here."

Just then, the doors opened and Colonel Ash entered with the nurse. "Colonel?" the Doctor asked.

Derpy noticed that the Colonel had a serious look on his face. "I wanted to trust you, but you've gone and broken my trust," Colonel Ash stated coldly.

"Wait, what?" Derpy asked.

The Colonel turned towards Twilight as he took a few steps forward. "How are you feeling, Ms. Oswald...or is it Ms. Dash?" The Doctor and Twilight turned to look at each other. "You told me this unicorn's name was Rose Oswald, Doctor. This nurse just told me that the unicorn said that her name is Rainbow Dash. So which is it: Rose Oswald, Rainbow Dash, or neither?" The Colonel stepped towards the spot where Derpy was sitting. She noticed him reach one of his claws for his gun. "I don't appreciate lying, Doctor."

"I apologize, Colonel," said the Doctor. "It's just-"

"It's just what, Doctor? Why lie about the unicorn's name? What else have you told me is a lie?"

"Nothing! It's all the truth!" Derpy argued.

"How am I supposed to know that?!" the Colonel snapped. "Why lie about her name?"

"Because my name is what got me shot!" Twilight snapped suddenly.

Silence rang out through the room. "Excuse me?" asked the Colonel.

"I told somepony my name and they shot me. I don't know why and I don't understand. I didn't tell the nurse my real name because I feared of getting shot at again, and I assume the Doctor told you a fake name for the same reason."

"What's your real name then, unicorn?"

"If I tell you, will you promise not to hurt me, the Doctor, or Derpy?"

The Colonel was silent for a brief moment. "I promise."

Twilight took in a deep breath and sighed. "My real name...is Twilight Sparkle."

Both the Colonel and the nurse gave looks of horror. "It can't be," the Colonel gasped. Just then, a loud siren began to ring through the air.

"What's happening?!" Derpy asked.

"You need to run!"

"What?"

"All of you need to run! They heard you over the security camera! They're going to come for you now!"

"Who?!" Twilight gasped.

The Colonel grabbed Twilight, picked her off the bed, and placed her on the floor. "RUN! I don't care what my superiors say! I'm not letting the world end!"

"What is so dangerous about Twilight Sparkle?! At least tell me that!" the Doctor snapped.

"Because she's the spark! She's the spark that our government wishes to use in order to end this war! They want to bring him back!"

"Who?!" Twilight asked. "Bring back who?!"

The siren grew louder. "JUST RUN!" ordered the Colonel. Derpy didn't have a moment to think for the Doctor grabbed her hoof and pulled her out of the infirmary along with Twilight.

As they ran down the hallway away from the infirmary, a robotic voice echoed through the air. "WE HAVE FOUND THE SPARK. REPEAT. WE HAVE FOUND THE SPARK. RETRIEVE IT AT ALL COSTS," stated the voice.

"What am I here?!" Twilight asked as she ran alongside Derpy and the Doctor. "What does my name mean?!"