• Published 24th Jul 2013
  • 5,456 Views, 120 Comments

Redemption of an AI - ToscoFarrax



Medicant Bias gets sent to Equestria, a magical land full of ponies and other creatures, and now he has 2 options the first is to help these ponies out, using them as an example that he has changed and the second is to erradicate them.

  • ...
15
 120
 5,456

Chapter 4: Explanations

The mane six walked along with Celestia and their newest invisible alien acquaintance in the hallways of Canterlot's castle, the echo of hoof steps and a weird low tuned humming invading its walls.

The group came to a halt after meeting a dead end, facing only a big pearl white wall.

"Give me a second please." Celestia said as she leaned her head forward, barely touching the wall with her yellow glowing horn, and then taking a step back.

After a few seconds the image of the wall became to distort until vanishing into thin air, revealing a dark room with a stair staircase leading to the unkown darkness from below.

"Please follow me" Celestia doing so, and the rest of the group doing so, leaving the hallway and the magic mirage replenishing itself.

"EEP" Fluttershy cringed as the shadows of the room surrounded her, a faint violet light being emanated by Twilight's horn repelling the dark void.

After that the ponies continued to descend the stairwell, the only sound they could heard was the humming that confirmed them that the AI was still with them, and the hooves clanking against the metal of the stairwell.

And after what seemed and eternity, the group arrived at the end of the spiral, the moment Celestia laid her foot on the cold stone ground, several sticks on the walls with some kind of flawlessly cut gems started to glow mimicking a torch, revealing several weapon racks and small tables, with a couple of bunk beds on the far corners and a big stone table on the middle.

"Are you still with use Medicant Bias?" Celestia said looking specifically nowhere.

"I've been following you all this time Celestia." Medicant Bias said in his ever monotone, but sophisticated voice.

"Well you need no more to hide, we are safe here." Celestia said as she approached the table on the center, the main six exploring the room in awe and Medicant Bias depleting his camouflage.

"What is this place?" Twilight asked in wonder as her eyes darted to one corner to the other in amazement, glimmering with the ember light the magic gems emaneted.

"This used to serve as a command center for the army of equestria in times of war" Celestia said as she approached one of the bunk beds "but since our county hasn't seen war in thousands of years, it lost its use, until now."

"Now if you would, please everyone take a seat" Celestia said as she brushed the few cobwebs there were in her seat and sat down.

The rest of the group did so, Rarity a little bit disgusted by the fact of having to sit on a dusty, cold chair of stone, but she complied.

Medicant Bias was hesitant, but after running a few scans, he discovered that these were no normal stone chairs, they were reinforced with the same energy princess Celestia was emanating from her this whole time, so he took a seat, right in front of Celestia, the chair creaked and a few cracks were made, but nothing worse than that.

"Okay, since now have peace and privacy, I think this is the best time to know eachother a little bit more" Celestia said, turning her gaze to Medicant Bias.

"I know that you already told us your name back at the archeology camp, but I have never seen a sentient creature with your kind of power, so if it doesn't bother you, I must ask you; What exacly are you?" Celestia said, everyone in the room leaning their heads a few centimeters forward, trying to hear everything that had to be said without missing a single detail.

"As I said before, I'm Medicant Bias, my masters were the forerunners, and I was in charge of the defense of my own masters" Medicant Bias said, Twilight frowned at this and asked.

"So you are some kind of soldier then?" Twilight asked, which had some sense on the head of the others, after remembering his display of power back with the dragons.

"Not exactly, I was the one responsible to manage the troops and create strategies of the forerunner-flood war." Medicant Bias explained, getting Celestia even more curious about her guest.

"So a commander to be exact." Twilight said as she took with her magic a quill and a paper from nowhere and started to furiosly scribble.

Just before Celestia could ask another question a pink mane blocked her vision of Medicant Bias.

"Oh,Oh I have a question!" Pinkie shouted bonucing on her tail on the table.

"What troubles you?" Asked Medicant Bias, observating how the pink pony bounced infront of him.

"Like when is your birthday, because after all of this I'm going to throw a party for you, afterthe'welcomemralienandthanksfornotdestroyingequestia' party, becauseicantmakeapartywithoutknowingyourbirth-...." Pinkie was interrupted as Twilight grabbed hold of her with her magic and shoved her back to her seat, trying to not anger the alien that could doom all of the planet if it wanted to.

"Actually I do not have a bitrthday, because I was infact never born." Medicant Bias explained.

Everyone in the room except for Celestia and Luna gasped at this.

"What do you mean that you were never born, that doesn't have any sense you are sitting right there!" Twilight shouted, her brain at the brink of exploding.

Rarity simply fainted, for some reason imaginating an interruption on pregnancy, Fluttershy rushed to ten to her, Pinkie's mane became flat imaginating the horrors of never having a birthday party, Rainbow Dash barking something about how she said that he wasn't trustworthy with Applejack.

"I've been explaining you that all this time, I'm an Artificial Intellingence, my masters litterally created me." Medicant Bias said , trying to convince the ponies he was telling the thruth.

"But it doesn't work like that, there is no way a living being can create something so complex like life from nothing!" Twilight exclaimed, trying to defend the last bit of sanity she had left.

"You must believe me, I was created by the forerunner, and I wasn't created from nothingness, most AI are the essence of an entity that passed away, in my case, you could say that I'm half an essence and half an Artificial being." Medicant Bias tried to explain this to them without revealing his dark past to the ponies.

"So are you like a ghost?" RD asked frowning.

"That is not accurate at all, but if that makes you feel more comfortable then yes. " Medicant Bias said.

"O-ok, next question; What kind of magic do you use?" Celestia said, trying to swallow the information she was just given.

"Excuse me?" Medicant Bias asked, catched off guard by her statement, magic? Haven't these equines seen this kind of technology before?.

"You already showed us that you have an extreme control over your magic, by morphing yourself from the size of the castle to a height of 8 to 9 feet, and even getting rid of... a dragon all by yourself, could you explain it to us how you got this kind of powers?"
Celestia asked, trying to learn what kind of magic is powerful enough to put her magic and maybe even the elements of harmony to shame.

"Oh, that, in fact I do not possess any kind of 'magic', as you call it, this is all the wonders of the Forerunner empire technology " Medicant Bias explained.

"So what you are you trying to say is not only that your people managed to create artificial life, but they managed to create an empire without a single touch of magic?! " Twilight asked dumbfounded.

"An empire across the galaxy to be precise." Medicant Bias corrected.

"AND THEY MANAGED TO RULE THE ENTIRE GALAXY TOO?!" Twilight shouted, she just wanted to go to the farthest corner of the room, curl into a fetal position and start swaying back and forth while singing Fluttershy lullaby.

"All this guy is saying is manure!" Rainbow Dash excalimed while stomping her front hooves on the table "I mean if there was an empire ruling this galaxy right now, then we would've heard from them by now!"

"Rainbow Dash thou shall not insult our guest!" Princess Luna finally broke her silence, earning a confused look from AppleJack, whom didn't noticed her by now.

"Unfortunately, as far as I know my masters ceased to be a hundred thousand and three hundred years ago, along with their empire, leaving their creations like me behind." Medicant Bias said, If he was an organic life form, he would've displayed sorrow and melancholy after his statement.

"A hundred thousand years?" Celestia asked confused "Then how old are you?"

"I'm exactly one hundred thousand and forty three years old " Medicant Bias said to the ponies with his ever present calm.

After that, chaos took over again.

Rarity who just recovered a few minutes ago, fainted once again, Twilight was trying to find her happy place, RD was just screaming obsenities with AppleJack sermonizing her about how she should watch her lenguange, Celestia and Luna silently arguing and pinkie was just sad once again, more than a hundred thousand years without parties?!.

"SILENCEEEEEEEEEE" Luna's royal voice boomed, making the walls shake and hushing the arguing inside the chamber.

"You know what this is it!" RD said as she launched herself at an amazing speed at Medicant Bias.

"Rainbow Dash wait!" Celestia had no time to react a grab hold of her, if she angered him, then all of her kingdom was doomed.

Medicant Bias ran several test of the actual situation, every single one of them ending in the equine's known as Rainbow Dash demise, most of them showing that at her speed colliding with a mass as thick as him would occasionate a fatal injury on the brain, other scan suggested that she wouldn't die on the impact, but it would be incredibly probable that a blood cot would cause an embolism that would lead her to a slow and painful death, so he reacted.

Before she could make contact with him he grabbed hold of her with an engineer sentinel beam, most of the sentinels had one for it made it easier to manipulate heavy objects with it.

After the beam made contact with her, she came to a dead stop, it was similar to the unicorns magic, but this was a fine, cold and incredibly strong energy, unlike the unicorns aura that would wave and wasn't as nearly as strong as this energy, Rainbow Dash couldn't move a single muscle.

She was completly indefense.

And she swore that for one minuscle second, Medicant Bias' eyes flashed red.

Author's Note:

Heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy Im not dead guys!
I wasn't writing for the last months because I felt that the story wasn't good enough, I mean, Im a huge fan of stories that have objective structure, that get the right personality of the character, and that has a good plot, but after reading one of my chapters I almost faint... that and I was out of inspiration.
after that I just started to read other peoples stories because I felt maybe that way I would improve my writting skills, and I think that I fixed the objective thing just a little bit, and then I started to notice, that even though the story wasn't uptaded I was still getting favs and I said 'Awww' so, Im back, sorry the story is not as long as the others.
So, Im sure there are a few grammar errors up there (and maybe here) but i'll fix them as soon as I can.