• Published 23rd Jun 2013
  • 564 Views, 18 Comments

Cellos without Resonance - Mr Jelly



With no memory of the past week, Spencer Winters finds a strange girl on the 101. She doesn't speak, but can read and write and use facial expressions. Oh, did I mention she was naked, there's that too.

  • ...
4
 18
 564

Boom, the start of an adventure

Well, this is a good a start as any. I don't remember how I got to this point in my life, or how I even started to drive a Silver 2012 Porsche down the highway 101 at 4:00 am to begin with. Now that I'm here, going 120 and listening to Guns-n-Roses’ Paradise City, I might as well enjoy it. The Highway was completely empty, not a backlight to be seen, or a headlight across the separator.

'This is strange.' I thought to myself, ' The 101 is always packed, no matter what time.'

I looked at what I was wearing. A leather coat that I'd come across, but never worn before now, A white T-shirt, my cargo pants (I like pockets okay?), and converse one-star black sneakers. Not remembering a thing can be bad. I could have a sharp pencil in my pocket, but I can't check because I might swerve. I might swerve because I can't check to see if I have a sharp pencil in my pocket. A vicious cycle. I was going to put off my amnesia because of too much alcohol, but I realized I don't drink.

Suddenly, a light peach colored object flew past me in the corner of my eye and I slammed on the brakes. I backed up, turned on the hazard signal (not that it mattered, no one was around.) and got out of the car. A woman, not any older than 23, but not younger than 18, was standing on the side of the road. Her hair was either a very dark grey, or a light black. Her nails weren't painted, but were trimmed to perfection. Her face was very pretty, but her eyes were nothing less than enchanting. They were a light violet. Her mouth was turned in a slight frown and her face was beginning to become light pink.

I realized this was because she was butt naked except for a small purple bowtie.

"What are you doing out here?" I asked.

"..." She did not reply.

"Why are you... Why don't you have clothes." I asked.

"..." she did not reply, but her face did become a slightly darker shade of pink.

"Why haven't you answered any of my questions?" I asked, slightly annoyed.

"..." As to be expected, she did not reply.

'maybe she can't answer.' I thought.

I sighed "You can do a thumbs up, if you want."

She became red and looked right at me with surprise. Her hands were the only thing covering her intimate parts.

"Oh, right." I said, "A nod would also suffice."

She let out a breath, and nodded.

"Do you know where you are?" I asked.

she shook her head side to side.

"Do you know who you are?"

She nodded.

"Well, that's good." I said aloud, "are you able to speak?"

She shook her head.

"Do you want to get inside my car and out of the cold."

Did I just see a slight smile? She nodded her head.

I took off my coat and wrapped it around her. I was about two inches taller than her, and the coat was tailored for me, so it covered everything as she delicately held the jacket with crossed arms. I turned around and started to walk to the car, but turned back around when I heard a soft thud. She had fallen backwards.

"Woah, can you walk?"

She slowly shook her head and bit her lip.

"Well, the best teacher is experience."

I held her by the shoulders and lifted her up. I kept holding her as we slowly walked around in circles. she got the hang of it by the tenth circle or so, and we walked to the car, a little faster than before. I opened the door for her and helped her sit down.

I got into the driver's seat and just looked at her. She sat elegantly, like a queen or someone of power. She shifted uncomfortably and I looked away. I remembered that I couldn't remember anything and started to shuffle through my pockets. I placed everything I had in all of my pockets on the dashboard:

A tangerine Taxi-wallet with an ID, debit card, Gamestop rewards card, 60$ cash, and a 16GB SD card.

A small, red flashlight that contained three AAA batteries.

A Graphite colored Gameboy Advance SP.

A Blackberry Storm, with a small Koopa phone charm attached.

A black survival knife with a serrated edge on the back of the blade.

A Contact case and Contact liquid

I looked at all of the objects, as did the girl (Is she considered a girl?). I checked the ID card. It belonged to a Spencer Winters. I looked at the photo, then at my reflection in the windshield. Yep, the same. The flashlight was a little touchy, but worked fine. I gently touched my eye and felt something besides my eye. I was wearing contacts. The knife was sharp, as if it had never been used. The Game Boy had some wear-and-tear, but worked fine (Super Mario Advance 2, if anyone was wondering.) Now, the last thing, the Storm. It had service, but only one contact, which was mine, and one more, important thing.

My address.

I got back out of the car and opened the trunk. A Laptop and a spare tire were the only contents. I picked up the Computer and walked over to the passenger side. I looked at the girl. She stared back with unease. I sighed.

“Look, I can’t remember anything from the past week, so if you want to get somewhere, you need to start trusting me. I’m not going to take advantage of you and yes, I know that’s kind of forward it’s just how I am.” I said, “Many people would probably try to, but not me. I’m not that kind of guy.”

Although I said I wouldn't take advantage of her, I couldn't help myself from taking another once-over. I noticed something that I hadn't noticed before. She had a purple Treble Clef tattoo on her hip. I wondered how I missed it before, for it was rather large. I do know a little about musical score, you know.

I pointed at it, “Do you like the violin?”

She seemed rather confused. She pointed at the Clef, then put her hands out wide, about the size of a violin. She then pointed to herself, then put her hands about twice as wide as before. I got the message.

“Something bigger?”

She nodded.

“Viola?”

She shook her head.

“Stand-up base?”

She shook her head, then moved her hands slightly closer.

“A little smaller than a base?”

She nodded.

“Cello?”

She nodded her head violently and clapped her hands.

“Cellos it is.”

I walked back to my seat and placed the laptop in the backseat. I reached over and placed my hand on the lever for the glovebox. She shifted a little. I would if I were her, a little too close to my stuff.

“Sorry.” I said sheepishly, then opened the glove box.

a .45 Auto Colt Pistol with a full clip and around one hundred loose bullets, which spilled out and fell onto the floor, making the girl pull her legs up in shock.

I swallowed and looked at her, who looked back with a scared expression.

Author's Note:

Peanuts.