• Published 23rd Jun 2013
  • 3,438 Views, 118 Comments

A Cybernetic Life - AxtontheMechanist



A robot, more specifically, a robot with a rather sarcastic sense of humor ends up in Equestria after a rather unfortunate incident at the test facility he resides in. What will this new land offer him? Will he live prosperously? Probably not.

  • ...
34
 118
 3,438

The Invitation

I stood there, as I faced yet another Guard; why do I always end up attracting the attention of those things that I hate most?
Meanwhile, Simon simply stared at me as he raised a brow and pulled some blue hair out of his eyes. Of course, I got my act together quickly.

“My name’s Zero. I’m sure that we’ll get along just fine.” I couldn’t help adding a little sarcasm in, due to the avid hate of my long lasting enemy, the common guard. But the reason for that hate is a story for another day.

He nodded, smiling at me; why had he smiled at me? Oh Christ, don’t say he’s attracted to me. I do NOT want that!

“A pleasure to make your acquaintance too, Zero. As you know, I am Simon Armoury, Captain of the Canterlot Guard. The only thing that Constable Sharpsword here forgot to tell you is that I’m part of the Canterlot Royal Guard, her majesties’ finest Guard organization.” He explained his rank to me rather smugly; I could tell we were going to get along just fine.

Trixie however, had not noticed a word of what Simon was saying, and stared at me intently, eyes glazed over. Even I had to admit, this was very unlike her. Not that I minded, of course, I’m used to being admired. After all, I am a very attractive bot.

“Right. So, what is it you want, ‘cause I could really use a recharge right now.” I moaned, as I rubbed my chromium temples. Seriously, my power had been reduced to at least 50% in that battle situation back at the hotel.

Simon laughed, and continued “Look, I’m sure you’ll get plenty of rest and talk on the train, alright? Anyway, I came here to pass on an invitation to the Canterlot Royal Castle, from the Royal Sisters, Princesses Celestia and Luna.”

He passed both Trixie and me a letter, obviously the invitation to get into the castle. Man, security must be tight there if a written invite is required to enter. Some land of peace you got there, princesses.

“Depends. What does this ‘Invitation’ entail?” Trixie finally stopped staring at me and asked, eyes filled with curiosity.

Simon now looked at both me and Trixie very seriously, his face turning from smug authority to seriousness in a split second. Christ, it wouldn’t hurt to look like a nice guy once and a while would it?

“That is of the utmost confidentiality, Miss...?” He looked at her inquiringly, still serious.

“Lulamoon. Trixie Lulamoon. Don’t call me Bellatrix.” She added the last piece with a hint of venom in her voice; what was wrong with the name Bellatrix? I personally liked it.

“Alright then, Miss Lulamoon. As I said, this meeting with the princess will be of the utmost confidentiality, and thus is not to be talked about in public. If you wish to come, both you and Zero, we will take care of any assigned dwelling you have while you are in Canterlot, where you will be meeting both princesses and the Elements of Harmony to discuss some... important events that may take place. Of course, the meeting with the princesses will take place three days after your arrival, so as to give you some rest and whatnot. Do you accept this invitation?” He announced all of this rather cordially; he must have been very proud of his job to announce it in such a manner. Not like I cared about that sort of thing; I mean come on, I’m a robot, not a royal or a noble.

“Can you give us some time to think?” Trixie asked, looking a little worried as she looked from me and back to Simon.
Simon looked at us, and after noticing The Constable had left after introducing him (he probably went home or something), nodded and walked into the other room to wait for our decision.

Trixie turned to me, worry clearly etched onto her face. She began to speak, her tone quite cautious.
“Zero, are you sure we should go? I’m not really.... enthusiastic about you being seen in Canterlot. In Manehatten, its ok, they’ve seen much stranger. But in Canterlot, the nobles can be quite.... vindictive. I just don’t want you to get too much bad attention is all.” She explained, as she tried to cover up her blush in true Trixie fashion, tossing her hair back carelessly.
I grinned at her, as I revealed the small silver teeth in my mouth. I spoke calmly.

“Look, Trixie, I’ll be fine. If not, you can always turn them into toads, right?” I laughed, as the little quip I made also caught onto her, making her laugh too. Damn, that laugh was sexy.


Five minutes later...

Simon came back into the room, as Trixie and I had made our decision, fortunately not running into any problems. I had to admit, Trixie had quite the head on her shoulders. Just another good quality about her. What? Laughing because I finally admitted it? Screw you.

“So, have you made your decision?” He inquired, raising a brow and also clearly impatient. I could tell that he wasn’t usually like this, so I simply answered, not wanting to anger someone of his position (don’t get me wrong, normally I wouldn’t care, but this is someone who has connections to the princesses).

I nodded “Of course, we accept. Wouldn’t want to upset the princesses would we?” I grin jokingly at him, as a small smile appears on his lips.

“Good, you won’t regret accepting this invitation. And uh, sorry for acting so... serious” He grins sheepishly at me “I’m just nervous, is all. Anyway, here are some tickets to the Manehatten train station, allowing you to take first class to Canterlot, courtesy of the Princesses.”

I looked impressed back at Trixie as we made a silent agreement ‘Whatever this is, it’s important’.

She nodded, but wanted to confirm a few things “Thank you, Simon. So, we will head out in the morning? What time shall we be leaving for the train?” She crossed her arms, considering what she’d need for the trip.

He looked at her, crossing his arms “Just the basics; clothes and any other small equipment you’d like to take on the train. Just try to keep the weapons to a minimum as the locals tend to be rather... jumpy. That and we will be searching you for any overly dangerous weapons.” He smiled, before he continued to speak “Is that all then?”

We nodded; everything was in order and Trixie could pack some clothes and keep her pistols (not to mention the dagger I found in her clothes drawer).

‘Let’s roll.’

Author's Note:

Many thanks to Fluttershy Auditore for proof reading!!

Also check out xXCondemnedSoulsXx for some cool stories!

Please post your comments below, thank you :)

Signing off for now,

Axton