• Published 22nd Jun 2013
  • 10,723 Views, 595 Comments

The Angel of Equestria - Robobrony



A winged human has come to Equestria and pledged his loyalty to the princesses.

  • ...
54
 595
 10,723

Chapter 10

Chapter 10

Charles was now facing down a massive diamond dog with a ridiculously huge sword in one of its hands, Charles figured that his staff wouldn’t be enough, the best he could hope to do with his staff against such a massive foe is cause minor pains with his strike. He formed his twin swords and readied himself for combat. Charles gave a determined look as he charged at Brutus, Brutus raised his massive sword and swung it down. Charles Stopped in his tracks and crossed his swords over head to block, the sword came crashing down, Charles mangaged to hold the blade off, but when the massive blade and his made contact, the earth around him cracked and formed a crater. He dropped to his right knee, struggling to keep the blade at bay, he then managed to thrust the sword up a bit allowing him to roll to the right.

Charles used his wings to jump up and readied his swords for a strike, but Brutus formed a fist with his free hand and swung it at Charles, Charles saw it coming and crossed his swords in front of him to block, the blow sent him flying backwards. He managed to land on his feet and skidded backwards a ways. He stood up again and took to the air, he flew straight for Brutus again and readied his sword for another attempt at a strike. Brutus brought his sword up and blocked Charles’s strike which resulted in sparks flying and the sound of metal clashing rang out. With Charles’s focus on Brutus, he failed to notice Brutus’s fist coming at him. The fist made contact and sent Charles flying to the left, causing him to impact against the cave wall hard and making a crater, Charles cried out in pain, still managing to keep his grip on his swords.

“CHARLES!” Rarity cried out in fear. Brutus then went for another punch while Charles was still on the wall. The fist impacted hard into Charles. This caused him to lose his grip on his swords, they fell to the ground, his right sword’s tip stuck in the ground, allowing it to stand while the other just fell and lay on its side. Brutus brought his fist back slowly, Charles fell from the wall and to the ground with bits of rock on his back as he lay there. “Charles! Please, if you can hear me, just get out of here, you can’t win this! I don’t want to see you die, just leave me, I’ll be fine!” Rarity called out again.

“Quiet pony, keep your muzzle shut!” King Cerberus instructed with a scowl as he pointed his staff at her. He then turned his attention back to the battle with a smug grin.

Charles got up on his hands and knees, keeping his head down. “Did she just……tell me to leave her so I would live? She doesn’t want to see me hurt? She’s more concerned for my safety than her own. If she really does care, then……I can’t leave her here, I won’t. I will win this somehow, I have to!” “Rarity…..I’m….not about to....*COUGH*…..to leave you at…..the mercy of these....*COUGH*….mongrels.” Charles reached for his swords. He used his right sword, which was standing up, as a support to help himself up on one knee, his left eye closed with blood from his head dripping down over it. He looked up and to Rarity as he spoke, his upper body rose and fell as he breathed heavily. “I owe you and….and your friends too much to just……abandon you like this *COUGH*. You have all done so much for…….me. More than….than anyone has ever done.” Charles’s body then became enveloped in a white flame. He slowly rose to his feet and removed his right sword from the ground. “All my life, the only one I’ve ever fought for was myself……but you and your friends…..gave me something…..something I never thought I would ever have……and now……I have someone to fight for OTHER than myself.” His wounds started to heal as he spoke. The blood around his eye evaporated and he was able to see out of it again. “I…have…..FREINDS!”

Charles charged forth with a might yell. “YYYYYAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!” Charles jumped into the air and readied his swords for a vertical strike. Brutus brought up his sword to defend, the two swords clashed, erupting in sparks. Charles struck again and again, but the sword was too strong for Charles to cut through, the sound of metal hitting metal sounded out throughout the cavern. He was leaving marks, but at this rate, it would take him forever to break through the massive blade.

Charles then dropped back down to the ground and rushed forward to the dogs left leg, he slashed at the dogs leg, leaving a massive gash that started to bleed. Brutus cried out in pain as he fell to his right knee. Brutus used his sword for support as he drove the tip of the blade into the ground. In a fit of anger, Brutus brought back his left hand, made a fist, and thrust it at Charles on the ground.

Charles used his wings to jump up just as the fist came down and hit the ground. Charles switched his swords to back hand style and brought them down on Brutus’s fist, driving his blades into his hand and getting down on one knee. Brutus cried out in pain again as he lifted his hand from the ground with Charles still holding on with his swords in Brutus’s hand. Upon the hand reaching level with Brutus’s head, Charles leapt off and flew towards the wall, he flipped forwards and was upside down when his feet made contact with the wall.

Charles propelled himself forward with his swords ready for a cross slash as he spun right side up again. Charles whisked past Brutus so fast, all that could be seen was a white streak going past Brutus’s hand. A second later, Brutus’s hand fell off and blood gushed out of where his hand used to be. Brutus yelled out in pain again. Charles kept flying forward and made contact with a wall on the other side of the cavern. His feet made contact once again and he propelled himself forward with the tips of his sword pointing straight. He started to spin his body so fast, it created a kind of tornado around him. He soon made contact with Brutus in his chest and started drilling away at his armor, causing more sparks to fly. Brutus was in too much pain to try anything.

Cracks began to form in his armor, they slowly grew larger and more numerous as Charles drilled away at it. Eventually, the armor shattered to pieces. Charles stopped his drilling. He flew backwards and quickly went forward again with the same speed as before where he was just a white streak through the air. He bounced off walls and repeated this several times, slashing at Brutus’s body. After the sixth time, Charles stopped in front of Brutus, he floated there and raised both his swords up, he brought them down with a mighty yell and all the way to the ground. “RRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!” After another second passed upon Charles meeting the ground, Brutus’s body erupted in blood from the numerous gashes that formed, but none more prominent then two long ones that went from both his shoulders down his body. Brutus stumbled backwards, dropped his sword which fell with an earth rumbling clang, and fell backwards dead.

Charles’s body was still enveloped in the white flame as he walked towards the cringing diamond dog king while the other simply stood aside. Charles stopped right in front of the king who was standing next to Rarity’s cell. “If I ever catch you taking ponies ever again, you’ll wind up like your overgrown friend there, do I make myself clear.” He said as he pointed his right blade at the king. Cerberus gulped then nodded. “Good.” Charles raised his right sword over his head. The king closed his eyes, thinking this was the end for him. His ears were met with the sound of metal striking metal. Cerberus opened his eyes and looked to the side. Charles had sliced the lock on Rarity’s cell off. The door opened and Charles stepped inside, the white flames around his body now gone.

Rarity was practically crying tears of Joy as Charles approached her. “Hey Rarity, are you all right?”

Rarity gave a small smile at Charles as she responded. “A little dirty, and I’m afraid that when those dogs brought me down here, they were rather rough with me and injured my right back leg. I’m not sure I can walk.”

Charles dismissed his armor, summoned a pair of sheaths for his swords, both on his left side, and put his swords in them. He turned around and knelt down. “Come on, I’ll carry you out of here.”

“Are you sure dear, you aren’t hurt yourself are you?”

“I’m fine, come on, get on my back and we can get out of here.” Rarity smiled and complied with Charles’s request. She limped over to him and draped her forelegs over his shoulders. Charles held her hind legs with his hands as he gave her a piggy back ride. Being careful not to bounce her too much, he carefully stood up and carried her out of the cell and gave the king one last death glare which caused him to cringe more, he dare not anger this human anymore. Charles made his way to a nearby tunnel when suddenly the rest of the guards emerged.

Captain Lightning Thrash was the first to speak upon seeing Charles. “Private Charles, there you are, what happened…..here?” He asked as he beheld the massive dead diamond dog.

Stunner stepped forward and spoke. “Charles, did you take on that giant dog on your own?” He asked in surprise.

Charles was standing in front of his fellow guards with Rarity on his back. “Yes sir, it wasn’t easy, but I managed to deal with it…..and as you can see, I found Rarity.” Rarity gave a smile to the guards from over Charles’s left shoulder.

“Hello gentle colts, glad to see you could make it.” She joked at their lateness for showing up when it was all over.

1st Lt. Shadow Fang then spoke up. “Sooo, you beat giant dog on your own did you? I guess you aren’t as weak as I originally thought, there may be hope for you yet private.”

Charles gave a simple nod. “Thank you sir.”

2nd Lt Carbon then spoke up. “But what about the rest of the diamond dogs?” He asked with concern as he suspiciously eyed the dogs behind Charles.

Charles looked back at them over his right shoulder. “I don’t think they’ll be any more trouble.”

“Awe man, I wish I could have seen the fight, I bet it was awesome.” Complained Dawnfang.

Duskfang just rolled his eyes at his brother.

Stunner then got curious at Rarity being carried piggy back style. “Rarity, are you all right?” He asked.

“I’m afraid those dogs broke my right hind leg when they dragged me down here.”
Stunner came up on Charles’s right side and eyed Rarity’s leg. His horn lit up as he scanned her leg for injuries. “Hmmm, it doesn’t look too bad, seems like it’s just a sprain, but I’m afraid I’m not much for mending bones, and we don’t have any supplies for a make shift cast. I could cast a spell to numb the pain temporarily if you’re feeling any.”

“I am in a bit of pain yes, that would be very nice thank you.” Rarity responded. Stunner nodded and his horn lit up again, he cast the spell on Rarity’s leg.

“There you go, how’s that, any pain now?” Stunner asked.

“No, that feels much better thank you.”

Captain Thrash then interrupted. “All right then, now that that’s settled, let’s get out of here before those dogs decide to try anything and get Rarity to the hospital.” They all agreed and began to make their way out.

Along the way, Charles decided to ask Stunner about the tags around his neck. “Excuse me Lt. Stunner sir?”

Stunner turned his attention to Charles. “Yes private Charles?”

“I was wondering about those tags around your neck, if you don’t mind me asking, who is Pyro?”

Stunner smiled at Charles. “Pyro was my brother, he was KIA a few years ago. It wasn’t pretty.”

“I’m……sorry sir, I….I didn’t know, I’m sorry I brought it up.”

Stunner shook his head. “It’s fine, I’ve gotten over his loss, I still miss him though. I keep his tags with me so I’ll always remember him. I don’t suppose you have any sibling do you?”

“No sir, I was an only child. I never had a brother or sister.”

Dawnfang then interrupted. “Enough of this sad talk, come on Charles, tell us how you took down that big dog.”

Duskfang then had a thought. “Hold on, how did that diamond dog get so big in the first place?”

Sgt. Fuse then got in on the conversation. “That is a good question. Private Charles, I believe a full debriefing is in order. Would you mind telling us what happened?”

“Yes sir, you see, after I got separated from you all…..” Charles recounted his fight with the diamond dog to his superior officers and other privates. Duskfang was hanging on every word. Black Cloud listened with amusement on his face. “…..and that’s what happened.” He finished his tale.

“That was so awesome, I wish I could have seen it, you are amazing Charles.” Duskfang complimented.

“I swear Dusk, you are impossible.” Dawnfang complained.

Dusk turned to his brother. “Hey, you know how I enjoy a good fight, excuse me for finding entertainment in Charles’s story.”

“Whatever.” Was Dawnfang’s only response.

“Even I have to admit it was rather heroic of him to come to my rescue like he did.” Rarity said as she rested her head over Charles’s left shoulder and rubbed her cheek against his with a smile. “Did you really mean what you said about us being friends Charles?”

“Well….I mean…..you girls WERE the first ones to be so kind to me, which was more than anyone back on earth ever did for me. Like I said before, I was viewed as a monster by others, no one lifted a finger to help me after I became……..after I was changed. So, I guess so.”

Stunner then remembered something he wanted to say. “Say Charles, I never thanked you personally myself for saving the girls from those timberwolves that day, Fluttershy specifically.”

Charles turned to Stunner. “Sir, why would you thank me for that personally?”

“Because me and Fluttershy are kind of an item, I feel real lucky that she and I are mare friend and colt friend.” Stunner responded.

“OH, well, you’re welcome sir, I’m just glad none of them were hurt.” After about an hour of walking, the guards finally reached the exit of the underground tunnels.

“Fresh air at last, FINALLY!” Dawnfang said out loud.

“I hear that, what a relief, pegasai are meant for the sky, not underground.” Duskfang agreed with his brother.

Captain Thrash then spoke up. “All right soldiers, now that that little escapade is over, you can all return to your posts, Private Charles, I want you and Lt. Carbon to take Rarity to the hospital so she can get treated for her leg. The rest of you are dismissed.”

“SIR” They all responded. Carbon and Charles then made their way into Ponyville with Rarity still on Charles’s back.

Upon entering Ponyville, the trio was greeted with five frantic mares and a stressed Spike. Upon seeing their friend being carried by Charles, they all cried out and rushed over. “RARITY!”

“Hello girls, before you ask, I am fine, other than possibly having a broken leg.” Rarity said with a light chuckle.
Twilight was the first to speak up. “Rarity, what happened down there?”

Spike then spoke up. “Those dogs didn’t hurt you did they, I swear if they harmed one hair on your mane.”

Spike was then interrupted by Pinkie. “Oh Rarity, we were all so worried about you, did they hook you up to a cart and make you drag it around, did they make you dig up gems, did they…..”

Pinkie was then interrupted by an orange hoof to her mouth. “Easy there partner, we can let her or Charles her explain everything.”

Rarity then started. “OH girls, you should have seen him, he was so brave and gallant, he was my knight in shining armor today, he really saved me back there.”

Spike seemed to furrow his brow as Rarity seemed to start gushing over Charles.

“He did? What did he do, what happened down there?” Rainbow Dash asked.

Carbon finally interrupted. “Easy girls, you can all talk about what happened later, right now, we need to get Rarity to the hospital and get her leg looked at.”

“AAAAWWWWEEE!” The girls all expressed. “Can we at least come with you?” Asked Spike.

Charles answered. “I don’t see why not.” So the group made their way to the hospital.

After having her leg looked at, she was told she just had a sprain. She was ok to walk but she would have to go easy on it. Carbon took the opportunity to leave, and since this was supposed to be Charles’s off day, he was permitted to stay with the girls and Spike. While there, Rarity told the others of the bravery Charles displayed. “Wow Charles, I can’t believe you were able to take on a giant diamond dog on your own.” Twilight said.

“I’ll say, that was so awesome, pretty gruesome though, but still, YOU BEAT A GIANT DIAMOND DOG!” Rainbow Dash stated as she spread her forelegs out.

“You know what this calls for…..A PARTY! This will be a ‘THANKS FOR SAVING OUR FRIEND PARTY’ for Charles!” Pinkie shouted. “Oh, uh, I mean, if you want one that is.” Pinkie then said sheepishly after remembering the last time she threw him a party.

Charles then did something he never thought he would be able to do again…..he smiled. “That sounds like a great idea Pinkie, I think I’d like to try a party again, and this time……I promise to try and have fun and not yell at you.”

Pinkie smiled even bigger then. “YAHOOOO, ALL RIGHT THEN, I can get the party set up later this evening and we’ll invite every pony to Sugarcube Corner for it. I think that by then, the other guards will be off duty so they can attend. OOOHHH I just can’t wait.” Pinkie then rushed off in a pink blur to Sugarcuge Corner.

“Well then, me and Spike should get back to the library, Charles, thank you so much for saving Rarity today, we are very grateful for it.” Twilight said.

“We sure are sugar cube, sounds like you showed a lot of guts today.” Applejack Complimented.

“I’ll say, you’re way cool in my book.” Rainbow Dash complimented.

“Thanks Dash, and, um, I’m sorry for insulting you when we first met, I never said it before so I figured this would be a good time to say it.” Charles said as he looked at Dash.

“Hey, it’s cool, you’re an OK stallion. No hard feelings.” Dash said as she put her hoof out for a hoof bump. Charles complied by bumping his fist with Dash’s hoof.

After exiting the hospital, all the ponies, but Rarity, went their separate ways to prepare for the party tonight. Rarity spoke to get Charles’s attention. “Charles, I can’t thank you enough for saving me again, first from those timberwolves, and now from those diamond dogs, I don’t know how I can ever repay you.”

Charles looked into her blue eyes. “It’s….no big deal really, I just did what had to be done.” He looked away and rubbed the back of his head.

Rarity then got a thought in her head. “Charles, I….don’t suppose you would want to go with me to the party as….my….date would you, you know, to show my appreciation and all.”

Charles looked back at Rarity with a stunned look. “You……want to be my…….date.....for the party?” He looked away again. “I….I don’t know, I’ve……never been on a date before, let alone some girl show even a little interest in me.”

“Well, it’s not too difficult, and I don’t see why any mare wouldn’t want to be with you, you’re strong, you’re handsome, you’re brave, and you have a good heart. Surely you must have noticed the looks the mares have been giving you while you were carrying me to the hospital?” Rarity pointed out.

He looked back to Rarity, surprised. “Really, mares were looking at me?”

“In a good way of course, and yes, so what do you say, I’ll…..understand if you refuse of course.” Rarity said as she looked away and blushed a little.

“Um……ok….I guess, sure, I would be honored to have you as my date for the party tonight.” Charles answered with a smile.

Rarity smiled as well as she looked at Charles. “Wonderful dear, you can come pick me up at my shop tonight at five. Ta darling.” Rarity then trotted off to her store, leaving a stunned and happy human behind.

“I actually have a date?, I can’t believe it, have I really found someone for me? Or in this case some pony? Ok sure she’s a pony, but she’s just as smart as me, we both have feelings, we both talk. Easy there, don’t get your hopes up, it’s too soon to get too excited about this, still………I have a date.” A smile appeared on his face. “I have a date.” He just couldn’t believe it. “I have a date. HA HA, I don’t believe it, I actually have a date. Oh man, this is amazing.” Charles was so overcome with joy. “I HAVE A DATE!” He yelled out as he flung his arms up in the air and spread out his wings. He then took off into the air in elation. “WOOO HOOOOO YEAH!” He just couldn’t contain his joy. He did loop de loops, flips, and spins in the air on his way to the library. His mirthful laughter and shouts of joy echoed throughout Ponyville.

Upon arriving at the library, he burst through the door with a big smile on his face. “Twilight, you’ll never guess what happened today!”

Twilight had her muzzle in a book when Charles came in. She turned her head around to face him. “Charles, what’s going on?” She asked with confusion etched on her face.

“What’s all the racket?” Spike asked as he poked his head from out of the kitchen.

“Only the greatest thing ever to happen to me.” He said.

Twilight then noticed something. “Charles, are you…..happy?” She said with a smile of her own.

“Yeah, can you believe it, this is the happiest I’ve felt since….” He had to pause for a minute to think. “….Well, EVER! Oh man this is so fantastic.”

“That’s great Charles.” Said Spike with a smile of his own.

“Yeah great, but…” Twilight’s confused face returned. “What are you happy about?”

Charles then remembered why he was so excited. “OH right, well you see…..I have A DATE, can you believe it!? Somepony actually asked me to be their date for the party Pinkie is throwing, can you believe it?!” Spike and Twilight both grew smiles for their friend.

“That’s wonderful Charles, who’s the lucky mare?” Twilight asked.

“Rarity!” Spike suddenly frowned. “After you girls left the hospital and it was just me and her standing there, we talked for a bit and she just asked if I wanted to be her date for the party! Isn’t it great?” Charles said as he spread out his arms and wings in joy.

“That IS great, congratulations Charles.” Twilight said.

“NO it isn’t great!” Spike exclaimed. “What’s the big idea taking Rarity as a date huh?” Spike was glaring at Charles.

Charles’s smile faded to a frown as he remembered that Spike had a crush on her. “Oh, right, I forgot you have a bit of a crush on her don’t you?”

“WHAT, how did you know about that?!” Spike asked in anger.

“Oops, sorry Spike, but I kind of told him about it.”

Spike then turned to Twilight with a frown. “Twilight, how could you?”

“I’m sorry Spike, I just….forgot it was supposed to be a secret, but she already knew how you felt about her.”

Spike started to look like he was about to cry. “But then….if she knew I liked her, then why did she ask him out instead of me?”

Twilight walked over to him with a frown and embraced him in a foreleg. “Oh Spike, I’m sorry, but you have to understand that your just too young for her, you’re a BABY dragon, she’s a full grown mare, it just isn’t meant to be.”

Spike was sniffling at this point. “I…..I guess you’re right, I just didn’t want to believe it. I…..I think I need some time alone.” Spike then removed himself from Twilight’s foreleg and made his way upstairs to his room.

Charles wasn’t sure what to say at this point. “Um…..sorry Spike, I really am.”

Spike stopped in his tracks and looked over his shoulder at Charles. “It’s fine Charles. Just…..take good care of her and show her the respect she deserves.” Spike turned his head forward again and continued on.

“Gosh, is he going to be all right?” Charles asked Twilight.

“Give him time, he’ll get over it eventually.” Twilight said as she continued to watch Spike climb the stairs.
After lunch, Charles got himself cleaned up with a shower and put on his black clothes.

Later that evening, Charles arrived at Rarity’s shop at the specified time Rarity gave and knocked on the door. “Coming!” Came Rarity’s voice from inside. Rarity answered the door, Charles was stunned at how beautiful she looked in what she was wearing. A dark pink dress, a white wavy waist band with small pink round gems separating it from a long pink skirt with light pink edges and white frills under it, a light pink collar with more whit frills under it and pink glove like clothing going up her forelegs, her hair was put up a bit in a bun while still keeping the curls in her mane on the front as they always are.

“Wow Rarity…..you look…..amazing.” was all Charles could say.

Rarity bounced her hair as she looked to the side. “Why thank you darling, I see you’re wearing your black clothes. That’s quite all right though, you don’t really have anything else do you.”

“Well no, but you said you would make me some clothes and I can wait, you don’t have to rush.” Charles said with a smile.

“Well then, shall we go to the party?”

“Of course.” Charles then stretched out his right elbow for rarity to wrap her foreleg around. The two then left for the party.

Upon arriving, the party was already in full swing. It seemed every pony in Ponyville was here. “Wow, you’d think a party like this would take days of planning. How did Pinky put this all together so fast?” He asked Rarity.

“Pinkie is an expert at putting parties together. It’s just her special talent.” Rarity explained.

Music was playing loudly as all the ponies were having fun, Charles then noticed Carbon without his armor on coming up to him with an earth pony mare by his side, she had a grey coat, a black mane and tail, a pink musical note for a cutie mark and was wearing a white collar with a red bow tie. “Charles, good to see you.”

“Lt. Carbon sir, good to see you too.”

Carbon gave a laugh. “HA HA, easy there soldier, were off the clock, no ranks here. This is my mare friend, Octavia. Octavia, this is Charles, the one I told you about.

Octavia took a few steps forward, she spoke with the same elegance as Rarity did. “Good evening, it is a pleasure to meet you. Carbon has told me so much about you.” She said with a smile as she extended her hoof for a shake.

Charles took her hoof in his hand and shook. “A pleasure to meet you too miss Octavia.”

“Such manners, how nice, and hello to you too Rarity, how are you doing this fine evening, I love your dress.”

“Why thank you dear, I am doing just fine thank you.”

Carbon then came to Charles’s side and whispered to him. “Come on, let’s go get some drinks before they start talking about high class stuff.”

Charles nodded in agreement. “Please excuse us ladies while we go get a drink, Rarity, would you like something?”

Rarity looked to Charles. “Why yes, thank you dear. A nice cup of punch would be wonderful.
The two then made their way through the party to the punch bowl, only to be greeted by Fuse, who was also out of uniform, and another unicorn mare with a white coat, a blue and light blue mane and tale, and a pair of purple sunglasses over her eyes, she had a musical note for a cutie mark as well, a pair of notes connected at the top.

Charles was now able to see Fuse’s cutie mark. A star surrounded by a wreath on top of an oval with a bomb with four lightning bolts coming from it and another larger wreath coming out from the bottom of it but not in a full circle.

Fuse greeted the two. “Carbon, Charles, good to see you, you enjoying the party so far?”

“Actually, I just got here, I came with Rarity as my date.”

“Really, well how about that, this is my date and mare friend, Vinyl Scratch.”

Vinyl stepped forward. “Yo dude, what’s up, Fuse here told me all about how you took down a giant diamond dog, pretty sweet dude. You’ve got guts.”

“Vinyl here is providing the music for the party, pretty sweet huh.”

“It sure is, nice work Vinyle.” Carbon complimented.

“Thanks dude, glad you like it. That’s my baby over there by the way, I’ve got her on auto pilot right now so I can chill for a bit.” She said as she pointed to a mixing table with large speakers blaring party music.

This gave Charles an idea. “Say Vinyl, would it be all right if I borrowed it for a minute, I’ve been feeling so great recently ever since Rarity asked me to be her date, I’m kind of inspired to perform a song for every pony here.”

Vinyl rubbed a hoof to her chin in thought. “I don’t know, you sure you know how to work it?”

“I promise, I won’t harm it in any way, I have magic that will help me make the music I want to perform the song. No harm will come to it.”

“Well, alright, but it better be party worthy.”

“Trust me, every pony in this place will be jumpin when I get started." Charles then made his way to the table, picked up the microphone and scanned thecrowd before speaking. He noticed the other five mares were in the crowd as well. “Perfect.” He said to himself. Charles then spoke to address the crowd through the microphone. “Hey everypony, what’s up!” He called, the ponies cheered upon seeing the hero of the hour. “I see my heroics haven’t gone unnoticed. First, I want to thank Pinkie Pie….” He pointed to Pinkie in the crowd. “For putting this party together, it looks amazing doesn’t it?”

The ponies cheered again. “Secondly, I want to thank Rarity for asking me to be her date here tonight.” The crowed cooed at this and Rarity just blushed. “Finally, I want to thank the DJ of the party, Vinyl Scratch, for not just some amazing music tonight, but for allowing me use of her equipment so I can share with you all a song I have been inspired to put together for my six main friends. Rarity, Applejack, Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash, and Twilight Sparkle.” Charles then fiddled with the machine a bit and started adding his magic into it. Once the song started playing, he got out and danced with the other ponies as he sang.

Needless to say, every pony in the party was jumping and whooping it up during his performance. Every pony had a great time and enjoyed the song Charles performed. Once he was done, he came back to Vinyl to thank her again for letting her use her machine. “Dude that was AWESOME! That was way cool, I am SO glad I agreed to let you use it.”

“Thanks, please excuse me, I believe I owe my date a drink now.” Charles then grabbed two cups, filled them with punch and made his way over to Rarity to enjoy the rest of the party.

Author's Note:

I kind of feel bad for how I made things go for spike, I'll have to make it up to him somehow later, don't worry little buddy, this author won't let you be miserable.