• Published 15th Jun 2013
  • 1,991 Views, 13 Comments

Some Redemption - Cupzy



A colt attempts to assassinate Celestia... but things don't turn out.

  • ...
11
 13
 1,991

Back To Normal

Storm slowly opened his eyes, wincing slightly at the pain he felt in his side. He expected to be sitting in a hospital bed, but when he painfully sat up on the bed he realized that he was in his room in the library. He moved his hoof over his side and felt stitches going across a small portion of his body, with bandages covering the less harmed areas. He had a thumping headache and didn't want to think too hard. He slowly recollected the events of the night, all Storm could remember was the stallion who had harmed him and Twilight crying at his side as he faded away to unconsciousness. He slowly rested his head back on the pillow and tried to relax, he needed some more sleep until his wounds stopped hurting.

Storm was awoken a few hours later by the sound of somepony walking to his bedroom door. He opened his eyes just in time to see Twilight opening the door. As soon as she registered Storm's eyes being open, she instantly jumped onto Storm's bed and hugged him tightly.

"Storm! You're awake!" Twilight shouted, tightening the hug to near bone-crushing levels.

"Twilight... S-Stitches..." Storm said in between gasps of air, Twilight let out a short gasp and pulled away quickly. Luckily, none of Storm's stitching was opened.

"I'm so glad to see that you're okay Storm! When you fell over that night, I... Thought you had..." Twilight said, getting gradually more slow towards the end.

"H-How long have I been unconscious?" Storm asked.

"F-Four days... I was getting really worried about you..." Twilight said. Storm's eyes widened at the fact that he had been out for the past four days, he could only imagine the emotional turmoil that he had given Twilight.

"I'm sorry for lying to you that night Twilight... I simply did not want you to get hurt..." Storm said.

"I understand Storm. But you saved that mare, so I suppose I can't really judge..." Twilight responded. Storm felt the stitches on his side one more time before smiling contently.

"I can't remember the last time someone managed to harm me..." Storm said.

"You said that before you blacked out... Why are you acting as if it's some kind of accomplishment?" Twilight asked.

"It's always nice to feel the heat of battle Twilight... Anyone who can land a blow on me is a worthy opponent in my book..." Storm said, still wincing at the pain from the wound.

"Just... Try to get some sleep, okay? I think you've done enough for one week." Twilight said.

"I will, thank you for tending to my wounds Twilight." Storm said. Twilight gave him a warm smile in return.

"Anything for you Storm." She replied warmly before walking out of the bedroom, closing the door quietly behind her. Storm threw himself back on the bed, cursing silently to himself for being so arrogant towards the colt he encountered last night, he brushed his hoof over his wound again, Storm knew that in the best case scenario, it would leave a minor scar. He calmed himself down, knowing that anger wasn't going to get him anywhere in the department of sleep. After a few minutes, he felt himself slowly doze off to sleep.

Storm felt himself reawaken after a few hours, the pain in his side had minimized and felt no worse that an ordinary bruise. He stretched his forelegs and tensed every muscle in his body as to make sure no other part of his body was severely hurt. He stretched out his wings and flapped them to make sure no damage had been done to them either. After he was finished stretching, Storm cautiously stepped outside of the bed. Making sure to take it slow. He eventually found himself walking normally again, apart from the bulging pain in his side, he felt perfectly fine. He walked over to the bedroom door and noticed a small note that was stuck near where the doorknob was, he took the note from the door and began to read it.

Storm

If you're reading this, then you're probably feeling much better. Rarity's managed to talk me into going to the spa for beauty treatment. I'll probably be back in a few hours. Spike can probably make you something to eat.

With love, Twilight

Storm crumpled up the note and threw it in a small dustbin. He had to occupy himself for a few hours, and he didn't have any plans for today. He walked downstairs and into the kitchen, where Spike was eating a large ruby while looking out of the window. He turned around once he heard Storm walking towards him.

"Good morning Storm, Twilight's gone to the spa with Rarity and Fluttershy so it's just you and me for a while. Do you want a sandwich or anything?" Spike asked.

"Yes, Twilight left a note explaining the situation. A sandwich would be most appreciated Spike." Storm said, realizing how hungry he was. Spike nodded and set about making Storm a sandwich.

"I heard what happened to you at the party..." Spike said. Storm glanced at his wound before looking back at Spike.

"Yes, I suppose I should have been more careful when the colt picked up a weapon. Speaking of which, has anything happened over these past few days?" Storm asked.

"Well, it looks like even Celestia's personal doctor can't resist spreading rumors, that Redblade guy is pretty much the focus of every news reporter in Equestria. And some people have started to ask around about Celestia's absence from her royal duties. I'd give it a week until everyone finds out." Spike explained.

"I see... What happened to me while I was unconscious?" Storm asked.

"Well Twilight was grief-stricken the entire time and the rest of the Elements of Harmony were worried about you as well, there was a news article about how you saved the mare and Princess Celestia pulled some strings with the hospital to let Twilight take care of you." Spike explained.

"To think that this all started with a murder attempt, by me, no less." Storm replied, Spike nodded his head in agreement. Spike put a daisy sandwich on a plate and handed it to Storm. After a few moments, Storm heard the library doors open. He walked outside to see Twilight, who seemed unusually happy. Once she laid eyes on Storm, she jumped at him again, but she stopped herself just in time in fear of hurting Storm. Instead, she just walked up to him and gave him a gentle hug.

"I'm so glad you're okay Storm. The trip to the spa released some of the stress I was building up." Twilight said.

"Thank you for healing me Twilight, Spike had told me about recent events prior to me waking up." Storm explained.

"I see. It wasn't exactly the best welcome party but it seems that trouble follows you wherever you go." Twilight said, giggling a little.

"I'm sorry to have worried you so much Twilight, I really shouldn't have been so arrogant when I was fighting that stallion." Storm said.

"You did it to save another pony's life, Storm. I can't think of any other reason to help anypony. But that stallion's locked up now, so we've nothing to worry about." Twilight said with a smile.

"I'll attempt to avoid trouble until my stitches can be removed. Did you have anything planned for today Twilight?" Storm asked.

"I was planning to answer the mass of letters my brother's been sending me. He keeps asking me if you're treating me nicely." Twilight said. Storm raised an eyebrow at this.

"You have a brother?" Storm asked. Twilight got a look of surprise on her face at first, followed by a look of embarrassment.

"I suppose I should have told you earlier... But his name is Shining Armor, he's the captain of the royal guard in Canterlot." Twilight explained.

"Captain of the royal guard... I have a feeling that me and Shining Armor would get on quite nicely." Storm said.

"Did you have anything planned for today Storm?" Twilight asked.

"No, I feel that fresh air is what I need right now, but I don't have any errands to run at the time." Storm replied.

"Well, in that case, could you go Sweet Apple Acres, Sugercube Corner and the Carousel Boutique to get apples, treats and gems for Spike?" Twilight asked.

"That sounds like it would take up a large amount of my day. I would happily oblige to fetching supplies for the library." Storm replied. Twilight levitated a small note over to Storm, he recognized it as a shopping list and nodded at Twilight before walking towards the front door.

"And Storm? Don't push yourself with carrying the groceries, exercise is the last thing you need right now." Twilight said, pointing a hoof at Storm's stitch.

"I assure you I'll be quite fine Twilight." Storm said before walking out the door and closing it behind him. He looked at the shopping list: Sweet Apple Acres for apples, Sugercube Corner for cupcakes and other assortments of treats, and the Carousel Boutique to fetch some gems for Spike. Storm started heading in the direction of Sweet Apple Acres, Twilight had given him some bits that should be enough for the supplies. He eventually came across the familiar farm, the sprawling mass that was the apple orchard left Storm amazed that the entire thing was managed and worked on by two ponies alone. He heard a cracking noise coming from inside the apple orchard, which he assumed was Applejack. After following the cracking noises, he eventually came across Applejack knocking the last apple off a tree, she gave a surprised yelp when Storm walked up to her.

"Is that ya Storm? Yer alive! I mean... Yer... Awake!" Applejack shouted, before extending a hoof to Storm. He took Applejack's hoof only to be quite literally thrown around by Applejack's iron grip. He steadied himself after five seconds of Applejack vigorously shaking his hoof.

"It's a pleasure to see you as well Applejack." Storm said.

"Likewise Storm, so what can ah do for ya'll today?" Applejack asked.

"Twilight has sent me on some errands to waste away the day. I was hoping you could sell me two dozen apples?" Storm asked, partially looking at the note to make sure he got the quantity right.

"Sure thing Storm! We can get 'em delivered to the library free 'a charge. That'll be twenty bits, please." Applejack said, Storm took out the bits he had and placed twenty in Applejack's hoof.

"Much obliged Storm, hope ya enjoy them apples." Applejack said.

"I'm sure I will Applejack, I must be going, I have other errands to run." Storm said. Applejack nodded and gave Storm a wave as he walked off.

"Ya'll can drop by anytime ya want! Any friend of Twilight is a friend 'a mine!" Applejack shouted as Storm walked off. Storm started walking towards Sugercube Corner, which he was actually rather excited about, he absolutely loved sweets of any kind and Pinkie's cupcakes were certainly no exception. He walked to Sugercube Corner and opened the door, letting a mare and her foal leave before he entered. Storm saw Pinkie rear her head over the counter and expressed pure joy when she laid eyes on Storm, literally jumping at him and pinning him to the ground, eliciting a grunt of pain from Storm.

"Oh my gosh Stormie you're okay! We were getting really worried about you and stuff!" Pinkie shouted, ever ecstatic.

"Pinkie... Stitches..." Storm choked out. Pinkie let out a playful gasp and let Storm go, letting him grunt in pain for a little.

"Oh, I'm sorry." Pinkie said.

"It's perfectly fine Pinkie, just refrain from doing that for a few days, okay?" Storm said.

"Oki doki loki!" Pinkie said.

"And where did the nickname "Stormie" emerge from?" Storm asked.

"Oh, I always give my friends nicknames like that!" Pinkie replied. Storm shook his head and decided to go along with it.

"So, what can I do for you?" Pinkie asked.

"Could you get about a dozen cupcakes delivered to the library?" Storm asked.

"Sure! It'll cost you ten bits!" Pinkie said, holding out her hoof. Storm procured the necessary bits and dropped them into Pinkie's hoof.

"Thank you Pinkie." Storm said before walking off.

"No problem Storm!" Pinkie shouted back before Storm walked outside. The only place Storm had to go to now was the Carousel Boutique to get some gems for Spike. Storm looked at the sky and interpreted it to be about 5:30. He started walking towards the Carousel Boutique. When he finally came across the building, he gave the door a knock and waited for an answer. After a few moments, Rarity opened the door and instantly managed to smile almost as hard as Pinkie did. She ran forward to hug Storm, but stopped at the thought of manners.

"Shadow Storm! It's so nice to see you again! We were extremely worried about you, darling. Please come in!" Rarity enthused. Storm walked inside the Boutique.

"So, what can I help you with, Mr. Shadow Storm?" Rarity said.

"Twilight was wondering if you could send about two dozen gems to the library for Spike?" Storm asked.

"Oh yes! I could certainly spare a few dozen gems to my Spikey-Wikey. He found around half of them, after all. I could send them to the library, free of charge." Rarity said.

"Thank you Rarity, it was nice speaking to you again." Storm said.

"The pleasure was all mine, Shadow Storm, give Twilight my regards!" Rarity said as she waved to Storm. He waved back before he closed the door behind him. The sun had just set on Equestria and Luna had just recently raised the moon. Storm decided to start walking back to the library. Ponyville was certainly a different place at night. The streets were nigh empty and only shady-looking ponies graced the streets. Storm took it as a sign to get to the library faster. Once he had finally reached his home, he opened the door and stepped in.

"Twilight? I'm home." Storm said. Storm heard a few hoofsteps walking through the bookcases and, sure enough, Twilight was standing there with a smile on her face.

"Hi Storm! Did you get everything?" Twilight asked.

"Yes, they'll all be delivered to the library soon." Storm replied. Twilight walked over to Storm and gave him a warm hug.

"I'm glad I have someone like you to help out around the house." Twilight said. Storm brushed his hoof over Twilight's mane softly.

"I'm glad that I have you in my life Twilight." Storm said, eliciting a giggle from Twilight.

"You get really corny sometimes, you know that?" Twilight said.

"But you love me for it, don't you?" Storm replied.

"Well, I'm going to head to bed, at least I can go to bed knowing that you're okay." Twilight said.

"I believe that I will also go to bed, and... I'm sorry for putting you through all of that, Twilight." Storm said.

"Don't worry about it Storm, you're here now, and that's all that matters." Twilight said with a smile. Storm followed Twilight to her room, where he took his usual place on the bed. Once he heard Twilight get into bed, he reached over and turned off the bedside lamp. He put his head down onto the pillow, looking at the ceiling again. After a few minutes, he heard a few shuffling noises and then a heat source collected near his side. Storm smiled and moved his hoof over to what he assumed was Twilight's mane and started to stroke it softly. Twilight let out a small giggle and nuzzled closer to Storm. After a few more moments, Storm started to doze off into a peaceful sleep.