• Published 14th Jun 2013
  • 1,823 Views, 40 Comments

The Magic of Laughter - Don Pony



Pinkie Pie and Twilight Sparkle have seen each other on the same spot the same day for almost a year. However, Pinkie Pie have started to feel something she have never felt before.

  • ...
5
 40
 1,823

Chapter 4: Where is she?

Twilight had a hard night, she has been hugging the Ursa bear the whole night and couldn't stop about her friend "She tried to make me feel better, she went out of her way just to make me happy, and I yelled at her. She did everything she could to make me smile, and now is my turn" She did't have a plan but it was decided she would do something. But before she had to cleaned up the place. The day before she looked for spells that would make bring her book to it's former self, but she couldn't find a thing.
She just finished putting the last book on the shelf, when all her friends broke in at the same time, all of her friends except Pinkie Pie. They came running through the door, all they looked worried and in a hurry, Twilight had become worried "What happened, guys? Is everything okay?" she asked.

"Pinkie is missing. She didn't arrive home last night. The Cakes don't know where is she" Rarity explained the situation. She knew last night Pinkie was in the very same building they were. And the last pony who saw Pinkie Pie before her disappearance was the librarian.

Twilight was paralyzed. She couldn't comprehend what she just heard "Pinkie is gone?! How this could be happening? Was something I said? Was something I didn't say?" He wondered in despair looking for a reason in her mind "TWILIGHT!" but thankfully her friends were there to wake her up.

"I know Pinkie came her last night, didn't she? What happened?" Rainbow approach her as close as she was interrogating her.

"Now, take it easy Rainbow, will ya?" Applejack pulled her feathered friend tail calm her down "But if you have any kind of information, Twilight, it would be quite helpful"

"I... I apologize for yelling at her... she went outside all of the sudden, she didn't say where or what. I don't get, why did I do?" Twilight tried to think of what she might have done to make her friend, but nothing made sense.

"No time to waste here, we gotta find her. Let's move, ponies" Rainbow seemed hesitant but for now she was right.

"Okay, Applejack, Rarity you go all around the town and ask the people if they had seen her; Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash fly around the area of Ponyville and the Everfree Forest in case she have gone there. We'll gather on the Sugarcube Corner in 2 hours. Spike! you head there now in case she shows up" She was serious about this. She sent everyone to gather as much information as possible to where the earth pony might have gone.

Four whole hours, more than the agreed, have passed and there were no sign of her pink friend, nopony saw her last night. Some of them said they saw her walking on the park, but after that no one saw anything else. The pegasi had flew around the Everfree Forest a dozen time but apparently she never went, not even Zecora remembered seen her. Even worse the day was about to end. They gathered on the sweets shop each of them with bad news.

"Something, anything?" Twilight was desperate, her mane was a mess and she couldn't stand still in a single place.

"I'm sorry, Twi, but no one say nothing" Applejack regretted her info.

"There were many animals on the Everfree Forest but no one saw her either... I'm sorry" Fluttershy was scared, not only for Pinkie but because she hated the forest and she still had the chills.

"And now what do we do?! We can be here crossed hooves doing nothing. Pinkie is out there"

"Now Twilight. Calm down, darling. Desperation is never an answe"

"But what if she was ponynapped? What if somepony saw her and wanted to keep for themselves and she is trapped in a basement and tied up" Twilight sounded kind of like Pinkie Pie with her theory "or what if she ran away from the pony, but fell in a giant whole and hit her with rocks and is now unconscious and..." a cold water showered the unicorn interrupting her random theory. It was Rainbow Dash with a bucket who had thrown water at her.

"Keep it together, girl. If we are going to find her wee need to keep our heads clear"

Suddenly Mrs. Cake joined the conversation "You said that you looked in the Everfree Forest and around Ponyville in case she left the town. Why don't you check the trainstation? I think she would rather had taken the train than just roaming around"

It made sense. Everyone felt silly for not thinking about it before, but with so much thinking and the pressure of never seen her friend again they were not thinking straight. After the suggestion, all of them ran of the store and headed towards the trainstation.
Once they were there, the night had finally arrived. Outside the station they saw All Aboard, the train conductor.

"Excuse me, sir. But by any chance have you seen Pinkie Pie?" Twilight was the first one to step in and ask the conductor right away.

"As much as I'd love to, I don't remember everpony names. You'll have to be more specific" The conductor's answer was a bit sarcastic, but understandable.

"Pink earth pony, pink curly mane, blue balloons cutie mark, totally random, eyes that make everyone smile at the first sight" Twilight's description was accurate, although made everyone else look strangely at the last point.

"Oh yeah, I saw her. She came here last night and left on a train"

"Would you kindly tell us where she went?"

"Canterlot, she said she had something "extremely important" to deal with"

At last! An useful information, they didn't know what the "extremely important" was but it didn't matter right now.

"Well then, we want five tickets to Canterlot, please" Twilight finally felt a little of relief, but it lasted long.

"Sorry, but I can't. There are no trains at night, it's too dangerous and we don't want to risk anypony life"

"Then how did she went to Canterlot on the first place?!" Politeness meant nothing to the purple unicorn anymore

"Because she didn't go on a normal train. There was a cargo train with materials to Canterlot and she agreed to go on it with the materials"

"Okay, we'll do the same. When's the next cargo train going?!"

"There are no cargo trains tonight. Now, if you excuse me I'll have to close the station"

The closer they felt to find Pinkie Pie, the father they actually were. Twilight screamed in frustration, she wanted to find her friend and find her in one piece "Why did she go?! Why Canterlot? Why?" All these questions were constantly popping on Twilight's head, she couldn't handle all of this.

Rarity had finally came with an idea "Twilight, you can teleport, can't you? You can teleport to Canterlot and then we can look for Pinkie"

"I wish, the teleporting spell is actually for dodging. The longest I can teleport is 6 foots" The idea was quickly scrap.

"Well, no point staying here. We come here at first hour on the morning, is that good for y'all?"

Twilight didn't agree with her "No, is not good. I'll go to Canterlot on hoof"

"But Twilight, is too far away. Even flying it takes too much time to get there. Think, what if something happens to you and you don't get there?" Again Rarity was the one making sense on this.

"We'll went to Canterlot when the station open. We'll find Pinkie" Fluttershy tried to be supportive.

Twilight still didn't agree but seeing how her friend wouldn't let her go on her own, she nodded and agreed with her head. Everypony headed back to their respective houses, promising seeing each other on the morning.

The night felt eternal. The purple unicorn was up all night just laying on the bed and hugging her new Ursa minor doll. She smelled it sometimes, it still had some fragrance of the one who gave it to her. Images of the day she got mad and yelled at the one she is now looking for came and went "It has to do something with it... why? Pinkie Pie please come back?" she curled hugging the doll, wishing the night ends and she finally can go look for her friend.

Author's Note:

Pinkie Pie alone in Canterlot? Why would she go there?