• Published 16th Feb 2012
  • 1,785 Views, 8 Comments

Chronicles of Roxas: Birth By... Amnesia? - Roxas



This is the tale of Roxas, a Pegasus Pony from Ponyville.

  • ...
1
 8
 1,785

Chapter 1: Birth By... Amnesia?

"I'm falling...falling...falling...!" My eyes beam up into the glare of the moon and I take a deep gasp. Where am I, why am I here, and how did I end up here? And what's this mark doing on me? I look around, seeing darkness, and hearing the noises of rustling bushes and sinister sounds. I walk over to a puddle where the moonlight shine heavenly onto it. In the reflection,I see my battered, teen-aged body. I'm black bodied, red winged, and white tertiary everything else. My wings and body ache and a few cuts and bruises run along my right side. I see a dense fog, and the outlines of spooky trees. No matter how hard I try, I just CAN'T remember. I try to flap my wings, but quickly feel a sharp pain in them and stop immediately. This all feels like a nightmare, or a curse. Either of the two, I know I need to keep moving. But it's hard to keep going when you don't even know your past, or your strengths...or your weaknesses.

I see in the distance, a tall, steep, rock with a cave in the top. Maybe if I could reach it, I can recollect my thoughts and rest. I take one step forward, and here a crushing noise and quickly notice a tree crashes down a ways back to my side. I run, no, I gallop as fast as I can towards the rock, heavily breathing. But the soreness is so unbearable, I can only go a short way before the pain makes me stop. I look around in confusion, seeing the same things, hearing the same things. But as soon as I look forward, there it is. Those beaming, menacing red eyes, the muscled stance, the dragon.

I remember it, but don't know how or in what way, but feel as though it's after me, or after someone close to me. It quickly jumps, and flies towards the cave. While taking off, it mutters "Roxas, such a pity you can't save her. But it's even worse you can't even save yourself." That teen-aged dragon was swift and confident in every movement, and every word. I yell to it "Who is she and who am I?" But it doesn't even acknowledge I said anything at all.

So I start going towards the rocky cave, into the unknown. I then notice a ribbon for participation at a summer camp's pegasus race. I put a hoof on it, and time and place stood still, and I remembered. The bullies, the name calling, the one who already had his cutie mark. But that wasn't important, but she was. That blue body, and rainbow mane. What is her name? And is she the one I'm saving? I can't remember her name, but I do remember the camp, the race, and her.

I snap back to reality, and I know that this has to be a clue. I go even faster towards the cave. I try once again for my wings to work, but again the pain hits me. I go down towards a rugged, barely used path towards the cave, and a winding road going up follows. On the ground, I notice a ripped piece of cloth. It reads "Apple Farm" I go to reach for it, and on contact, again I go into a sense of a flashback.

Ponyville. The Apple Farm was in Ponyville, and up above the farm, there she was again. She was frolicking through the air, and her mane was still as colorful as before. She looked down towards the barn, and so did I,. We both saw a brown pony carrying baskets of apples. Applejack. Applejack was the brown pony's name. But I still can't remember her name. And again the world quickly settles back in and a sense of life rushes through me again after that.

I reach the mouth of the cave. and yell "Who are you, and what do you want with her!?" I walk in a cautiously pace, making sure to be perceptive and aware of everything. Suddenly, that bland and dark voice replies "So you do remember her. Well it is time to stop her before she can use her loyalty against us."

I reply "Wait, use it against us?"

It strikes back "Remember, Nightmare Moon, our boss. We have to stop a select few of ponies before they can reach the state to where they can stop us. Here, does this ring any bells?"

The dragon peacefully hands me a note:

Enki, take Roxas with you to the town of Ponyville. I need you both to stop these ponies before they can use harmony against me, against us[ so we may rule Equestria!
>Applejack
>Pinkie Pie
>Rarity
>Fluttershy
>Twilight Sparkle

And after Fluttershy, there is a rip in the bottom of the paper. I say "So I'm to help you stop these 5 ponies?"

He says back quickly, a little enraged "These six ponies you mean."

I say "There's only 5 on the paper."

"The sixth one is her. We are to get rid of her first because she is the strongest and most competitive one. But no, you had to develop a connection with her. And that is why you're here. We were going to snatch her in her sleep, but you hit me in the head and you put her back in her house. We fought in the night sky, and my air superiority bested yours. I went a little too hard and roughed you up in the head. You got that cutie mark strangely for the fact you set her back in the house and attacked me. Now tell me, do you want Equestria, or her?" He says straight forwardly.

I then mutter "Rainbow Dash." And a surge of happiness and a sense of being a defender struck me. I knew, that I didn't know how much she, how much Equestria needed me right now. I knew I need to save Rainbow Dash, I mean after all, my cutie mark was given to me for either being a defender of friends or being a protector. Friends. Yes, defender of friends. Rainbow Dash was... a friend. After thinking this all out, I say "I'd choose Equestria. An Equestria in harmony!" and I charge at the dragon

He smiles and says "Foolish mistake, Roxas."And he whips his tail at me. He then takes flight and dashes at me. I duck, and turn towards out of the cave. He is going out the woods. I knew I needed to fly. I spread my wings, and flew, I dodn't even care about the pain. I quickly caught up with him and shrugged him to the side. I then hoofed him in the sides and the head. He then goes down a bit, almost crashing to the ground. In pain, he quickly kicks me towards the ground with all his strength, I go smashing into the mud, and he goes flying off in pain towards another direction, he can barely fly.

I then lay there, pain everywhere in my body, and I quickly pass out.

"Ahhh. Look at you.All roughed up, and what not"

I get the feeling I'm being lifted and carried somewhere. I'm in too much pain to react, and can only see faintly. But what I do see is the bright morning sunshine and a lightened up, and lively forest setting. And I see I'm approaching a small cabin. I close my eyes again, and try to fight off the pain the best I can. I get places onto a bed and see...not a pony...a zebra.

I open my eyes and say "Who are you, where am I?"

"Ohhh. Look who finally awakened. All wounded up, and in pain shaken. My name is Zecora, and you are in my cabin in the Everfree Forest. I saw you knocked out when I woke up and decided to help. Here, drink this, and let me fix you up."

I agree in nods and I drink a purple, syrup of a drink. My insides feel rejuvinated, and when she put those bandages and medicals on me, I feel hurt still, but have a sense of recovery. I then close my eyes again, saying "Wake me up at noon, I need some rest. Thank you, Zecora. I'm Roxas." She nods and I fall asleep. All I can vision, and dream about, is Rainbow Dash, and how I can save her.

This is Roxas' cutie mark.