• Published 8th Jun 2013
  • 3,982 Views, 45 Comments

Everypony Knows About the Wet Dream - Late_To_The_Party



Everypony knows about the dream Rarity had involving Twilight, Celestia, and Luna. Which might not be so bad... but they don't know it was a dream. What will it take for Rarity to get her life back to normal?

  • ...
8
 45
 3,982

Discovering the Source

Rarity slept. As she slept, she dreamed. As she dreamed, colors and patterns swirled, creating a chaotic world that would put Discord to shame. Sewing supplies appeared before her. She felt certain, in that kind of certainty that usually only comes in dreams, that if she could just work on her sewing, everything would go back to normal. But every time she reached out to a sewing machine, it disappeared and was replaced by Princess Celestia licking her lips, or Twilight raising her tail, or Luna winking with a mischievous smile. Rarity would recoil and turn away, then she would see a pony or two running in fear. Fear of her. She didn’t understand why. She had done nothing wrong, so why did they run away?

Everywhere she looked, ponies had gathered to watch her, but whenever she saw them, they turned and ran. She tried to yell for them to come back, but no sound emerged. The only pony who didn’t run was Applejack. Instead of fear, Rarity saw fire in her eyes. Applejack walked closer to Rarity and opened her mouth, revealing a set of razor sharp fangs. Rarity screamed, and Applejack disappeared in a puff of smoke.

Rarity was in front of Carousel Boutique. She went inside. Everything was normal. She went to her room to continue her work. Her work would fix everything. She just had to start sewing. As soon as she entered her room, the floor softened beneath her feet and the ponnequins and other supplies all disappeared.

The entire floor had become one giant mattress. She couldn’t keep her balance and fell. In front of her was Princess Luna, lying down and looking at her with a sultry smile. She looked to her left and found Princess Celestia, to her right she found Twilight, each with a pose and smile matching Luna’s. Rarity covered her head with her hooves and screamed.

She opened her eyes and Twilight had disappeared. She looked to her left and Princess Celestia had also disappeared. She looked straight ahead to find that Princess Luna...had not disappeared. She was in a more natural position, and the smile was gone, but she was still there. She watched Rarity with an expression of mild curiosity.

Rarity gave a hollow laugh. “Of course you’re still here.” Her voice cracked.

The dream Luna raised an eyebrow questioningly. “Why do you say I’m still here?”

“You’re always here,” Rarity whispered. “Even in my good dreams. Especially in my good dreams.” She would have blushed at the thought had she not been dreaming. Luna didn’t notice.

“Am I?” Luna asked. “What would you call this dream?”

The mattress started changing colors and patterns. The walls disappeared and were replaced by swirling colors and patterns which would have made Rarity sick if she was awake.

“A nightmare.”

Luna stood up. Despite the shifting changes in the dreamscape, she stood steady; an anchor of stability in an unstable world. The mattress around them broke apart into thousands of dresses and flew away, begging in thousands of copies of Fluttershy’s voice not to be looked at.

“Why would you have a nightmare?” Luna asked, as though there were nothing at all unusual about the setting.

“Because I’m afraid.”

“Afraid of what?”

“Afraid of you.”

Princess Luna took a step back. The invisible ground remained stable under her hooves. “Me? What reason have I given you to fear me?”

“I’m afraid of what you’d think of me if you found out the truth.”

“What is the truth, Rarity?”

“The truth is that I lo—” Rarity stopped and sighed. “The truth is I can’t stop thinking about you. I can’t stop dreaming about you. I simply—I wish I could have a chance to get to know you better.”

Luna stood silently for a moment. Colors continued to swirl around her, but for so long as Rarity kept her gaze on Luna everything seemed alright. “I believe,” Luna said slowly, “I should like to get to know you better as well.”

Rarity smiled sadly. “Thank you, but you’re only a dream.”

“Am I?”

The world shattered, Rarity awoke, and her memory of the dream slipped away. She didn’t sleep the rest of the night. Instead she sat silently in her room, staring out her window at the night sky.

When dawn arrived, Rarity was more than willing to get out of the Boutique for a while. Everyone in town, possibly in all of Equestria, was suffering from a misunderstanding of, well, lunar proportions. There were a few ponies in particular she had to get things straight with. At such an early hour only one of them would even be awake, so she set out for Sweet Apple Acres.


The sound of hooves impacting wood echoed through the orchard. Rarity told herself that she could, in fact, do this, and followed the sound to its source. It wasn’t being caused by the Apple she was looking for. Instead, it was Big McIntosh working the fields. He didn’t have to work quite as hard as Applejack to knock the apples loose from the trees, and something about the almost casual way he kicked the trunks fascinated Rarity, so she watched him work for a few minutes until he noticed her. He stopped his work and looked at her, waiting.

“Lovely day for a stroll, isn’t it?” Rarity laughed nervously.

Big Mac blinked. “Eeyup.”

“I, ah, I don’t suppose your sister is nearby?”

He blinked again. He tilted his head slightly in thought. “Eeyup,” he finally answered.

Rarity forced another awkward laugh. “I would very much like to speak with her, would you be so kind as to point me in the right direction?”

His eyes narrowed. “I reckon she’s that way,” he said with a flick of his nose somewhere to his right.

“Oh.” Rarity had been hoping for something slightly more specific. “Well, thank you.” She turned to explore in the direction he had indicated. After a few steps she stopped and looked back at him. He was still watching her. “Whatever rumors you’ve heard about me these past few days, I assure you they are not true. I’m going to find your sister to tell her the same thing.”

“Ain’t none of my concern.” He returned to his work, but his eyes seemed to say that it was very much his concern. Rarity uncomfortably walked away.

As long as she kept the sound of Big Mac’s work behind her, she hoped she was going the right direction. It really was a lovely day for a stroll, as she had said. The sun was shining brightly and there was was a gentle breeze rustling through the leaves of the apple trees. If it weren’t for the reason she was out there, not to mention all that nature, she might actually be enjoying herself.

Soon enough she could start to hear voices. She couldn’t quite make out who they were, but one of them had a distinctive Apple family drawl. She entered a small clearing and found—

Her sister and her two little friends. Applejack must have told Big Mac that she didn’t want to see Rarity, so he had pointed her in the direction of his other sister. She should have been more specific. Rarity huffed and turned to continue her search for Applejack when a shout stopped her.

“Rarity!”

Rarity cringed and looked toward the voice. The three fillies had frozen in place and were staring at her. Just like everyone else did. She was too late. They knew. Her parents, her sister, her friends, everyone in town. There was no one who hadn’t heard about her dream. They all thought she was a— She started coming up with plans for leaving Equestria. Maybe she would go north beyond the Crystal Empire. No, too cold. Perhaps south then. Beyond the Forest of Leota and Froud Valley to the Prancing Plains. Yes, that might do.

“Rarity?” her sister’s voice asked.

“What’s wrong with her?” another voice asked.

“Hey! Are you alright?” asked the voice she had mistaken for Applejack’s.

Rarity continued to stare at the three little ponies in front of her, not responding to anything they said. Sweetie Belle knew how to take care of that. She marched up to to her big sister, reached out a hoof, and smacked her horn, effectively shocking Rarity out of her stupor. Unfortunately, it didn’t get better from there. Rarity's eyes filled with tears and she sat on the ground, heedless of getting grass stains on her otherwise immaculate coat.

"I'm so sorry, Sweetie!" Rarity bawled, grabbing her little sister into a bone-crushing hug.

"Rarity! I can't breathe!" Sweetie Belle yelled, squirming and struggling to escape.

When Rarity wouldn’t answer or loosen her grip, Scootaloo and Apple Bloom helped Sweetie Belle work her way free.

“Why are you being so weird?” Sweetie Belle angrily asked her sister. “Is this why Mom and Dad didn’t want me to come see you?”

Rarity’s cries got louder, and she collapsed to the ground.

“I think you broke her,” Scootaloo told Sweetie Belle. “You should probably go get Applejack,” she added to Apple Bloom.

“Yeah.” Apple Bloom slowly backed away from Rarity. “I think you’re right.” She ran in search of her sister, relieved to get away from the crying mare by her clubhouse.


When Applejack entered the clearing, she didn’t know what to expect. All Apple Bloom had told her was that there was an emergency and they needed her help right away. She was afraid she would find Sweetie Belle or Scootaloo injured in their clubhouse, or maybe that they’d even managed to destroy their clubhouse. She did not expect to find Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo dressed as nurses, wrapping gauze around Rarity’s horn while she sobbed on the ground.

“What in tarnation?”

Scootaloo set her roll of gauze down. “Applejack! You can do something to help her, right?”

“What’s wrong with her?”

Scootaloo nudged Sweetie Belle, who dropped her roll of gauze in surprise. “I think I broke her.”

Applejack’s jaw dropped. “Ya broke her horn?”

“I don’t know! Maybe! She just showed up here earlier and didn’t say anything and she was about to leave and I called to her because I haven’t seen her in so long and Mom and Dad didn’t want me to go see her and when she looked at me she just kinda stopped moving! I tried to get her attention but she wouldn’t answer me so I hit her horn because that usually works but this time it just made her start crying and can’t you do something to help her?” Sweetie Belle had almost as many tears flowing down her face as Rarity had on hers.

“I dunno, sugar. I’ll do what I can. We may have to take her to the hospital.” She walked over to examine what looked remarkably like a volleyball attached to Rarity’s forehead. She swallowed and asked a question she was afraid to know the answer to. “Didja have to wrap her horn up to keep it in one piece?”

“Huh?” Scootaloo asked. “No, but if it hurt, this should make it feel better, right?”

Applejack held back a laugh. “Of course it will, but now I need to take a look at it to see if there’s been any damage done.”

“Okay!” Scootaloo carefully picked up the ball of gauze, sliding it easily off of Rarity’s horn. Applejack couldn’t see anything wrong with it, but she was no doctor, so she couldn’t be sure.

“Rarity? Can ya hear me?”

Rarity made a strangled noise in the midst of her sobs which Applejack took to mean ‘yes.’

“What’s wrong, sugarcube? Are ya in pain?”

Rarity nodded, trying unsuccessfully to get her tears under control.

“Can ya tell me where it hurts?"

Rarity nodded and shifted awkwardly on the ground. After a second Applejack realized she was pointing at her chest.

"What happened? Did ya pull a muscle?"

Rarity shook her head, still trying to stop her tears.

Applejack resisted the urge to roll her eyes. "Then why does your chest hurt?"

"Ev-everyone hates me," Rarity choked out.

"No one hates ya, Rarity," Applejack said soothingly, gently laying a hoof on Rarity's back.

Rarity smacked it away. "You do."

Applejack stepped back in surprise. "W-Well, I—"

"What?" Sweetie Belle screeched. "You're the reason my big sister is crying?" She moved to stand defensively between Rarity and Applejack.

"N-No, I—"

"What'd ya do, sis?" Apple Bloom asked, stepping next to Sweetie Belle. Scootaloo moved to stand at Sweetie Belle's other side.

"I didn't do nothin'!" Applejack yelled. "She's the one who—" She snapped her mouth shut, and Rarity started crying again.

"But I didn't do anything!" Rarity sobbed. "Whatever you heard, it didn't happen! It was just a dream!"

Sweetie Belle turned to face her sister. "A dream? You mean the one where Princess Celestia and Twilight were sitting on a bed together and then you and Princess Luna went to sit with them? Why would anyone be upset about that? It sounds like a nice dream."

"Yeah," Apple Bloom added. "But I don't get why it would be so embarrassin' if Princess Luna knew about that part of the dream that she was in too."

Scootaloo looked at her friends and rolled her eyes. "I told you already! Because it's all mushy! I know I don't want anypony to know I dream about—uh, I mean, if I had dreams like that I wouldn't want anypony to know about them."

Rarity and Applejack stared at the fillies with their mouths hanging open.

"...what?" Scootaloo asked angrily. "I don't have dreams like that!"

"It was a dream?" Applejack quietly asked Rarity.

Rarity nodded.

"So ya didn't really...?"

Rarity shook her head.

"Oh." Applejack sat down and took her hat off, nervously fiddling with it. "Well, I..." She set her hat on the ground. "Aw, shucks, I'm right sorry, sugarcube. I shouldn't have assumed—I mean, ya can't believe everythin' ya hear. When I heard that—well, I... I'm sorry."

"Oh, Applejack!" Rarity flung herself at Applejack, hugging her tightly as tears started flowing again.

"Not again!" Sweetie Belle yelled.


After Applejack graciously allowed Rarity to use their shower, Rarity was presentable enough to hurry home and properly clean herself up. Sweetie Belle waited downstairs after Rarity assured her that she wouldn’t get in trouble for seeing her sister after their parents told her not to. Even so, she almost left before Rarity finished cleaning up.

“Sweetie Belle!”

Sweetie Belle flinched and pulled her hoof away from the door. She turned to face her sister, putting on the best innocent expression she could manage. “Yes, Rarity?”

Rarity was not dissuaded by her sister's show of innocence. "How exactly did you hear about my dream?"

"I didn't mean to! I came over here to get some stuff for the clubhouse and I knew you were busy so I didn't want to bother you and then Princess Luna came over and I didn't want to interrupt so I waited but I couldn't help hearing what you were talking about! I didn't mean to eavesdrop!"

Rarity sighed and rubbed her forehead with a hoof. "And how exactly did your friends hear about it?"

Sweetie Belle looked away. "I told them." Rarity took a breath and prepared to commence scolding, but Sweetie Belle looked back at Rarity and continued with a pleading tone. "I had to! I was so confused about why you were so embarrassed about a dream! You always tell me not to worry about them but you sounded like this one was a big deal! But I only told them about it, honest! We didn't tell anyone else!"

"Did you talk about it at your clubhouse?"

"Yep, all the way to the clubhouse."

"All the way to the clubhouse...from here?"

"Yep." Sweetie Belle smiled as though it were a major accomplishment.

Rarity quickly went over the possible routes to their clubhouse from the Boutique. No matter which path they chose, they would have passed dozens of ponies, and with the volume at which her sister and friends conversed, doubtless most of those ponies heard their conversation. It was no wonder everypony had heard a slightly altered version of her dream. But...now what? It was too late to stop the rumors; everyone already knew. Rarity supposed that the only thing left was to convince her friends of the truth. Who knows? Perhaps the rumor would lead to an increase in business.

It was important to be optimistic. It was either that or leave Equestria entirely. As long as her friends and family knew the truth, Rarity could deal with the rest of Equestria believing a rumor. However, this meant she had to have some conversations she really didn’t want to have. Best to get the worst one over with first. Her parents.