• Published 25th May 2013
  • 3,466 Views, 107 Comments

I Hope you're Happy with Her! - Soniclink137



Scootaloo has managed to become a pretty good and even has her own special somepony now. She is living a pretty good life right now and Diamond Tiara is jealous over that. So with the return of an old friend with a new look she begins to plan.

  • ...
2
 107
 3,466

Finale

“Alright, so let’s go over this again,” Sweetie Belle said in an exasperated voice. “You’re telling me that you both are not dating, that Rumble really was tied down because of some sort of paralysis spell and wasn’t able to speak because of a silence spell and you seriously expect me to believe this?”

“Well…yeah,” Silver Spoon said. She was standing on Sweetie Belle’s doorstep, Sweetie Belle was inside the house, and Rumble was a few feet farther back and to Silver Spoon’s right.

“Uggg…I told this to Rumble, and I’m going to tell it to you too,” Sweetie Belle said as she facehoofed. “I am a unicorn. So if you’re going to use magic as an excuse, it’s going to fail. There was no magical aura around Rumble, which would have happened if somepony was really using a spell on him.”

“But that’s what I heard from the colt Diamond bribed!” Silver Spoon said. “He said in order to avoid having his magical aura seen he used those two spells on Rumble!”

“Well first off, why should I believe anything you said?” Sweetie Belle asked. “I haven’t forgotten how much you and Diamond Tiara tormented Scootaloo and I. How far you guys would go to make us miserable. There is no reason in Equestria that I would possibly believe you.”

“It’s been what, around four or five years since we’ve seen each other?” Silver Spoon asked. “What makes you think that I haven’t changed within that amount of time?”

“Yeah I can totally see you’ve changed,” Sweetie Belle said sarcastically. “Which is why you were flirting with Rumble. You must have known that he was with either Scootaloo or me, so you must have known that it would make one of us jealous. And I’m pretty sure Diamond Tiara told you exactly who it was.”

“Yes I flirted with Rumble, but I was hoping that Rumble would have pushed me away before I made anypony jealous,” Silver Spoon said. “I didn’t want to hurt Scootaloo nor did I want to take Rumble away from her or anything. I wanted Rumble to fly away while I was flirting with him, and if he didn’t then he shouldn’t have been dating Scootaloo anyways. But that didn’t work out because as we said before, Rumble was being held in place by a unicorn, a colt named Discus Toss.”

“Do I need to remind you what I said?” Sweetie Belle asked. Her horn glowed light green, and that same aura surrounded Rumble. After holding it for a few seconds she let go. “All spells that I could use on Rumble will cause my aura to surround him. It’s the same with any other unicorn.”

“Have you ever used a paralysis or a silence spell?” Silver Spoon asked.

“No I…haven’t used either of those spells,” Sweetie Belle admitted, “but every other spell that I could use would do that. So why should those be different?”

“I don’t know, I’m not a unicorn,” Silver Spoon said. “But it must be.”

“It isn’t,” Sweetie Belle said. “So you can stop lying now. I didn’t believe Rumble before and I’m not about to believe you now.” Sweetie Belle looked at Rumble. “Rumble, you must be feeling guilty about cheating on Scootaloo or something if you’re so persistent with this lie, but it’s too late. You made your choice, you showed your loyalty or lack thereof, and that’s it. You should have thought of that before you and that filly kissed.”

“Actually…they aren’t lying.”

Sweetie Belle’s head snapped to the right and Silver Spoon and Rumble turned around. Walking closer in a group of three was Button Mash, Pipsqueak, and a teal Unicorn filly with a blond mane. They continued walking up until they reached about the same distance Rumble was from the house.

“Dinky,” Sweetie Belle acknowledged. “What do you mean they aren’t lying?”

“Pipsqueak told me the situation that’s going on,” Dinky said, which naturally got Pipsqueak a glare from Sweetie Belle, “and Button Mash told me about the paralysis and silence spell. So while I don’t technically have any proof, I don’t think they are lying.”

“And what makes you so sure about that?” Sweetie Belle asked. “You should know as well as I do that any spell we use on somepony will cause our magical aura to pour on them.”

“Because what they came up with sounds too good to be a lie,” Dinky explained. “First off, you are right, every spell we use exhibits a magical aura on whatever we use it on. However, if I had my guess the paralysis spell that was used on Rumble happened to be one that affected the muscles within his body. So while the magical aura was still exhibited, and a talented unicorn could use that to detect the spell and who used it, it was exhibited around the muscles, which are inside his body and wouldn’t be seen from the outside.”

“Same thing with the silence spell. It was probably used on his vocal cords so you wouldn’t be able to see it from the outside. It’s a complicated spell, but a good way to avoid getting seen if you want to do something mischievous. Of course just like all spells it’s easily detectible so it isn’t a surefire way of avoiding getting caught.”

Silver Spoon had her muzzle wide open in surprise and fascination. “Wow that’s…impressive Dinky,” Silver Spoon said. “You’re really smart now. Where did you learn all this?”

“After my magic started growing, mom asked Twilight to give me magic lessons,” Dinky said. “She was technically at first only supposed to teach me basic magic, but as I grew better at it Twilight continued teaching me more and more advanced magic’s. My mom is really proud about what I’ve managed to accomplish, since it gives me more options than she had.”

Silver Spoon then remembered that she used to pick on Dinky, and would use her mother as ammunition to insult her. “Uhh by the way I’m sorry about…”

“Yeah I know,” Dinky said. “I heard about what happened to you from Button Mash. Don’t worry; I’m not still mad about what you used to do to me. I don’t like to carry grudges. That’s why I’m helping you.”

Dinky turned her attention back to Sweetie Belle. “So anyways, if they are lying then it is a pretty well thought out lie for a pegasus and an earth pony that don’t even know a thing about magic.”

“And none of us think Rumble is lying so why should you?” Button Mash asked. “Do you think Rumble would intentionally cheat on Scootaloo and then lie to all of us saying he didn’t?”

“Finally Sweetie Belle, this is Rumble we’re talking about, not me!” Pipsqueak chimed in. “Yes I know what I did to you; what I did to both of you,” Rumble looked at Dinky and Sweetie Belle, glancing between the two before looking back at Sweetie Belle, “but that’s not the point right now. This is Rumble we’re talking about, not me. So can you please let go of your anger of me when dealing with Rumble. You know, like what Dinky just did?”

At that Sweetie Belle was completely defeated. She knew she was down, and she lowered her head in shame. “Alright I get it,” the white unicorn said. “Fine Rumble, you can talk to Scootaloo.”

Sweetie Belle lifted her head up to look at Rumble, but when she did she noticed he wasn’t there. Everybody else also looked to their right where Rumble used to be and noticed he was gone. As soon as everybody noticed Rumble was gone they all looked around the area to see if they could figure out where he went.

“Where did Rumble go?” Dinky asked. “I wouldn’t think he would just leave before talking to Scootaloo.”

Realization hit Sweetie Belle’s face. “No, he didn’t,” she said.

“What did he do?” Pipsqueak asked.

Sweetie Belle didn’t answer him and instead looked back towards her house. She burst in causing everybody to follow her, running as fast as they could to catch up with her. Sweetie Belle continued at full speed up the stairs of her as soon as she reached her bedroom she made a sudden stopped. Unfortunately for her, nobody else knew she stopped so they all ran into her, and into the door. The door itself did not open so everypony piled close to each other, squishing those that are in front.

After a loud sound and a bunch of groaning in pain, everybody pealed themselves backwards and away from Sweetie Belle, who was in-between an earth pony and a hard place. After finally being able to move Sweetie Belle gave everybody behind her an annoyed look before turning back to the door. Slowly and quietly, using her magic, Sweetie Belle pulled open the door to look inside.

“…Dinky even said that there is a spell that’s able to do that,” Rumble said as the door opened enough for sound to come out. “So I didn’t mean to just stand there and let Silver Spoon flirt with me, and I would have done something if I could have.”

The door opened up fully to reveal Rumble talking to Scootaloo. Rumble was standing at the right side of the room, beyond the window that happened to have its windowpane removed, which showed exactly how Rumble got in. Scootaloo was on the left just a few feet away from Rumble, and was looking at him with some anger still in her face but much more surprise and interest.

“So…there was really nothing you could have done?” Scootaloo asked in a soft voice that was barely audible by the bystanders on the other side of the door.

“No but that’s not to say he didn’t try,” Silver Spoon said as she walked into the room, much to the surprise of everybody around her. Both Scootaloo and Rumble’s head snapped to look at her, and Scootaloo’s face naturally became angrier at the sight of her. Of course Silver Spoon expected that, but she didn’t let it deter her.

“According to the conversation I heard between Diamond and the unicorn that held Rumble down, Rumble really fought against the spell,” Silver Spoon said. “The unicorn had to use the spell on Rumble several times in order to keep it from breaking. Rumble really wanted to do something to stop me, because he didn’t want to hurt you.”

Scootaloo gave Silver Spoon a ponderous expression before turning back to look at Rumble. “So you’re not cheating on me for her. Even though you can actually have a romantic time with her? Even though you have somebody to flirt with?”

Rumble sighed. “Well I was hoping this would come up later, but I guess we can talk about this now.” Rumble looked Scootaloo directly in the eye. “Scootaloo, I really like you. I like how loyal of a friend you are, and how I know you will always be there for me no matter what happens. I actually like how you pay attention to more important things then your looks, even though you should probably brush your mane every once in a while. And I like the feeling of flying through the skies with you, or even racing with you on your scooter and me in the air. Your somepony I can connect to and out of everypony in the world, I’m glad I found you.”

Rumble closed his eyes, and took a deep breath preparing for the hard part. While he was doing that, unnoticeably by the crowed a while unicorn left back for down the steps.

“But…you could stand to be a little more romantic,” Rumble continued. “Scootaloo, it’s been a few months and all we’ve done is stuff that we’ve done before we became a couple. Very little has changed between us since we called each other a couple. Yeah, I knew beforehoof that we wouldn’t be the most romantic couple in the world; I knew beforehoof that we wouldn’t be kissing every second and going on dates every night. I knew that but still…

“It wouldn’t hurt if we kissed every once in a while. It wouldn’t hurt if we went on a few dates. It wouldn’t hurt if we maybe cuddled up together a bit every once in a while, our hooves around each other. I highly doubt Rainbow Dash didn’t kiss plenty of times before she tied the knot so it’s not like you can’t do it.”

Scootaloo was silent and looked away from Rumble. Rumble felt his heart seize up in his chest, the many things that Scootaloo could possibly be thinking right now going through his head. Otherwise there was silence as everypony waited for Scootaloo’s response.

“How…how was it?” Scootaloo asked, her head still facing away from Rumble.

“How was what?” Rumble asked

“Your…kiss,” Scootaloo said. “With…her.”

Rumble was surprised at the question, not knowing where this is going, but answered it anyways. “We didn’t kiss Scootaloo. Silver Spoon was inches away from my mouth, but we didn’t actually kiss.”

“…you didn’t?”

“No we didn’t,” Silver Spoon said for conformation.

Scootaloo finally lifted her head up to look at Rumble. “…Good. Because I want to make sure nopony takes this from me.”

Suddenly Scootaloo closed the gap between her and Rumble, closed her eyes, tilted her head, and cupped her lips around his. She gave him a kiss, an inexperienced kiss since this was her first one, and a forceful one as well, but a kiss nevertheless. Rumble’s eyes opened up with surprise at first but after a few seconds he closed his eyes to enjoy it as well as he felt his pulse speed up. Rumble walked up a bit closer and lifted up his right forehoof to wrap it around Scootaloo’s head, and Scootaloo followed suit. Together the two stood like that for half a minute, which was one of the longest half-minutes they ever had in their life.

Eventually a bright light flashed causing the two to snap open their eyes and break apart. They looked over in the direction of the flash to see everybody else also noticed that flash and started looking in that direction. Eventually they noticed a camera being held by a light green magical aura, one belonging to a certain white unicorn that was currently obscured to Rumble and Scootaloo because Button Mash and Dinky were in the way.

“Sweetie Belle!” Scootaloo yelled, knowing it was her from the green aura. Button Mash and Dinky parted revealing the white unicorn filly giving Scootaloo something to glance at while yelling. “What was that for?!”

Sweetie Belle lowered the black camera down and wrapped the strap around her neck. “I figured you guys were going to make up, and it was going to result in a kiss eventually, so I grabbed the camera,” Sweetie Belle said. “Now after the picture develops I’m going to give this to Shady Daze and all the rumors of you dating Silver Spoon will be done and instead they’ll talk about you two.”

“I didn’t ask you to…” Scootaloo started but she didn’t get very far before Sweetie Belle interrupted her.

“So how was it?” Sweetie Belle asked, meaning their kiss.

“Well if I have anything to say about it, it was great,” Rumble said.

All eyes turned to Scootaloo. “Well…” Scootaloo started. She looked at Rumble. “I…guess we could stand to do that more often.”

“And see a movie tonight?” Rumble asked. “Together, without any of our friends around?”

“Fine, but it better be a good movie!” Scootaloo said. “No sappy stuff or anything. Even if we are going on dates it won’t be anything fancy or sappy. I know for sure Rainbow Dash never did anything fancy for her dates”

“Heh, fine then,” Rumble said. “But I’m still going to wrap my hoof around you while we watch it.”

“…Alright,” Scootaloo groaned. “It’s a…date.”

Author's Note:

Well that just about wraps up this plot. Just got the epilogue to go where I'll finish off the subplots of this fic. See y'all then.