• Published 20th May 2013
  • 2,156 Views, 39 Comments

Volition - PredictableOffender



GILDA x YOU FIC. Life is boring and slow burning at your coal mine and you wonder if anything would change that.

  • ...
6
 39
 2,156

Pointless Distraction

You wake up with two things clouding your senses, a awe inspiring headache and soul crushing regret. You reach for the remedy for the headache and head to the bathroom for some water, once you take the pills you toss yourself back into bed and wait for your headache to cease. When your head hits the the mattress your eyes focus in a sheet of paper taped to the wall.

You lay like a sloth in a massage parlor, the time is 7:33. You lazily wait for about a half hour so the headache can slowly loosening its grip on you. Once you feel good enough you force yourself out of bed in a single motion, once that was done you collected the paper from the wall.

“You are my assistant so I need you to do some work I couldn’t do last night.


Top drawer of the desk that contains a stamp you can use in the place of my signature.I need you to authorize usage of my personal craft to all of my subordinates You have scout out possible candidates for new Valkyries (I don’t expect this to be done within a day) Admiral Abysswalker will be the one to choose from your list not me.I need you to double-check the shifts of the staff working with the princesses on the trip back to Canterlot(even down to the nearby kitchen staff)I need you...

All these can be done in from office ay M777 Sailback road on deck 40.”

Well you do have a job don’t you. Without pause you ready yourself to go outside, once you had finished dressing yourself you head out the door. You take the elevator to deck forty and used the street names for the first time, you wished the hallways were as wide as actual streets. As you navigate you wonder how the others feel about not being able to fly everywhere they go.

Without too many set backs you find yourself at a door to an expensive looking office, surrounded by other expensive looking offices. The doors do not have names of them so you had to find the door via room number, which would have been easy if this one deck used the same numbering system as the rest of the ship. Anyway you found her office.

You open the door to reveal a fully equipped office that does not seem to have been used at some point. You settle down in the chair and grab a pen so you can get to work, now you have to send the most awkward letter ever. The wording was hard to work out but you did find a way to ask the entire admiralty for a list of outstanding female soldiers. Once you looked up their names you sent an individual letter to each of the admirals asking for the names of anyone outstanding enough to get an award from an admiral.

Now that you don’t have to personally search records you can continue onto more pressing tasks. You sent out a request for the request for usage of personal craft, after that you send out a second letter requesting a copy of the shifts of anyone even remotely involved with the princesses. You had thought you completed a days worth of work inside thirty minutes but that was crushed under the avalanche of capsules that been sent back to you. You soon found yourself drowning in records and plans, this would have been more philosophical if the urgency you felt was lessened. Now onto more exciting scheduling.

No conflicts, no conflicts, no conflicts... No conflicts, no conflicts, no conflicts, no conflicts, no conflicts, no conflicts, no conflicts. NO FUCKING CONFLICTS!

That pattern continued for several hours before the double checking started, once you ensured you made no mistakes you planted a single stamp onto the request. You took a moment to bask in the relief that one third of todays work had be completed and all you have to do now is wait.

The mail tube spat out more work for you the minute you started to relax, each of the three Admiral’s were being sassy about you making them do work but they all gave you the lists you needed. Strangely the lists are divided between participants aboard Ceaseless Discharge and those elsewhere, luckily they included room numbers. You realize Gilda didn’t give you any way to tell who is a good candidate and who is not and when to schedule appointments.

With that you decide you are finished your work, one last look the clock revealed the time to be 10:11. Scheduling is so boring it must have felt twice as long than it really was, anyway you began to make you way back to your room.

You make back to your room but to your surprise the heavy iron door is locked, the dumb part of your brain has you jostle the handle a bit more before you give up. For some reason you thought these doors didn’t have locks as some crazy Air-Force tradition. Just when you were going to leave to somewhere else on the ship the door opened. Rosetta bolts out from the room and walks straight up to you.

“You were not supposed to finish all that work so quickly!” Rosetta is kind of cute when she is angry.

<....?>

“Come back when the ship lands” Rosetta begins pushing you down the hallway. “and make yourself look pretty” Rosetta pushes you with noticeable strength. She is much stronger than you ever were so she easily drives you backward. She refuses to stop pushing you until the both of you reach an elevator.

“Now get in!” Rosetta is being really forceful but you obey.

<Right>

“Where do you want to go?”

<Movie theater!>

“Have fun!” did she forget to turn off anger mode?

The doors close and you find yourself going down to the shopping centre, once the doors open you walk out into the mall with a single thought that has overtaken your entire mind.

What the fuck?

No seriously what the fuck?