• Published 14th May 2013
  • 1,686 Views, 14 Comments

The Raiders from the Sea - Shadowheart161



The land of Equestria has know peace for years....until now. A race, long thought dead, has returned, and seek revenge for the lost of their homelands.

  • ...
2
 14
 1,686

Tales of Old

Twilight Sparkle, the new, purple alicorn princess, walks down the halls of Canterlot to see her old teacher, who has called her to meet her to discuss something of great importance. It has been a year since Twilight became an alicorn, and since then she has been learning how to fly. She's not as good as most pegasi, but she has the basics of flying. She has learned new spells and has even created new ones that have not been recorded yet.

As she enters the throne room of the palace, she sees her old mentor, Princess Celestia. Her hair was blowing, even though there was no wind, and Twilight was always wondering how it kept on doing that. Her teacher smiled on her student, and motioned her to join her. Twilight slowly joined her, but noticed something odd. There were no guards. She pondered this for a moment, but Celestia was already reading her mind.

"The reason why there are no guards here is because I think this should be more of a.....private matter," said Celestia.

Twilight was about to ask why her teacher wanted to talk to her, but Celestia raised her hoof. Twilight realized whatever was going on was important. And with that, she stopped herself from asking. Celestia frowned, then spoke again.

"The reason I called you here," she started, "is because I fear that an old enemy has come back to life."

Twilight was about asked who, but her teacher stopped her. Twilight realized that it was a time for listening, and knew that the threat must have been big.

"Don't speak. It's a time to listen," said Celestia with a more sadden tone. "The enemy I speak is long before the discovery of Equestria. Before Luna and I were trying to heal the land from Discord's corruption. It was the time of the forgotten race."

She cleared her throat, and continued with, "Long ago there was only one race. The race called themselves humans. This race was both fascinating and horrible at the same time. They built great monuments, and created big cities. They made roads that stretch for miles, and were able to travel through the air, even if they didn't have wings. But at the same time that they were making, they were destroying. War, a much forgotten term in our land, was an almost everyday thing for them. They fought constantly, rather if it was for a small bit of land, or because one's skin color was not like the rest. They killed entire ecosystems; destroy millions of innocent creatures’ homes. They even killed each other."

She paused for a second to catch her breath. Her student looked shocked at what she just heard. She couldn't even think about a race so evil.

"Not all of them were evil, however," Celestia added. "They were many good humans who tried to help the world. But it did not stop the final destruction of them. One day, they launched an unknown weapon at each other that covered the planet with smoke and death. Luna and I saw this helpless world, and we help remake it. The surviving humans had mixed reactions to us. Many were grateful, and these became the first ponies. Others were unsure of us, so they became the dragons, minotaurs, griffins, and diamond dogs. Others, thinking that we were evil, tried to kill us. We turned many of them into changelings. Though, it seems that we were wrong about saving them all. Many were missing, and we had no idea where they went."

"So....so why are you telling me this," asked Twilight confused, and shocked at what she just heard.

"Because," said the pony's mentor, "they seemed to have returned. A few days ago, a couple of fishers were attacked by, what has been reported as, humans. If this is true then we have to expect the worse. Luna has taken the place of your brother and has moved the royal guard to the city of Manehattan, where we believe where they will strike next. I need you and the elements of harmony to find a way to stop the invasion from happening."

"We will try," said Twilight and she walked out of the room.

Nobody noticed as a cloaked figure created a portal behind the throne, and was transported to the main headquarters of the human raiders.

"Did t' story go as it was expected t' be," asked a big, white bearded pirate. He had a scar going down his left eye, and another one across his lip.

"Yes, Grand Master. The pony princess told the story exactly the way you expected, saying that humans were nothing more than evil demons," said the cloaked figure.

"Good," said the Grand Master. "Celestia hasn't changed a bit since t' last time we saw each other."

"So, tell me sir," said the figure. "What is the real story?"

"Well," said the pirate leader. "All o' it be true, expect for t' fact that we were evil. It was some insane man who launched t' missiles and went t' Davy Jones' locker involuntarily t' entire planet. Then, t' two pony gods came and forced everybody t' turn into ponies or some other monster. There were some lucky ones who escaped it all. I be one o' those men. We split up and went our ways, tryin' t' find a way t' get payaft on t' two criminals. Soon, and I mean soon, I shall lead t' charge t' their destruction."

Author's Note:

My next chapter. Tell me how you like it.