• Published 14th May 2013
  • 1,686 Views, 14 Comments

The Raiders from the Sea - Shadowheart161



The land of Equestria has know peace for years....until now. A race, long thought dead, has returned, and seek revenge for the lost of their homelands.

  • ...
2
 14
 1,686

Rise of the Raids

"I still don't know why we have to do this," said a teal filly with a sound of displeasure. "Why do we have to sell fish to the griffins?"

"They are our main customers," said a stallion that was deep-sea blue. They were both fishing for the latest catches so they could sell the fish to customers on the mainland. Their main customer was the griffins, and lately, the father's son was getting tired of the trips. "They eat fish, we give them fish. It’s how it works, and it's how we are still in business."

They were sailing for two hours, catching fish as they go. It was high noon, and the sun was beating down on their heads. The young filly was growing impatient. He has been on this type of trip hundreds of times, hoping of adventure, but each time he went through the same old thing, over and over and over again. At least the bits were good from their catches. Today was different, however. The young pony will realize how wrong he was.

The young pony looked off into the distance, and saw a strange blip out on the horizon. As he looked closer, he gasped in shock and turned to his father.

"Look daddy! A ship," the filly said, pointing to the side of the boat.

The father looked and saw in the distance a very strange ship. It had two set of sails. Its hull was a deep-dark brown, and had a weird triangular shape. In the air, he could see a flag, and on it, was a skull. On the skull, he could see that there was flame coming out of the top. As he watched it, he realized something. It was heading towards them, and it was going fast.

"Son, turn the boat around," screamed the stallion as he rushed to the oars.

The two of them try to hurry and start to row away from the boat, but it was too late. The ship was already in range, and it fired a round, black ball at the small boat. It hit the ship's hull and the ship was filled with water in an instant. The ponies tried to swim to shore, only to get snatched up by, what felt like, fleshy, dull talons. They were thrown onto the deck of the mysterious ship. After checking if the other was okay, the two ponies now turned to see their captors.

They first saw the fleshy, dull talons that they felt when they first came aboard. They look more like big sausages then talons. Then they looked at the faces of the creatures that caught them. Most of them were tan, but they saw a couple black skinned ones as well. They all had varying hairstyles and color of hair. Some had facial hair, they noted, while others were did not. Some were completely bald. They were big creatures, they saw, and that they looked strong. It reminded them of the minotaurs’ that sometimes drop by the market. They also noticed that all of them were wearing clothing, which was odd, for very few races that wear clothing daily, much less all over. The most chilling thing about them was the evil in their eyes. They look like Nightmare Moon from the stories, which were proven true about 3 years ago. The monsters in front of them stared at each other for a couple of minutes, and then one of them came in front of them and started speaking.

"Look what we caught lads," yelled the big, bearded beast. "Two animals who think they be jack tars!"

Laughter erupted on the ship, and the teal filly got closer to his father. As the laughter stopped, the creature kept speaking. His words were like nails on a chalkboard.

"So," said the weird creature, who was obviously the leader. "Do you know what we are?"

The two ponies shook their heads, and looked at each other. The creature shook his head. The ponies both thought that he, and his crew were crazy, but they stayed silent for now.

"We be humans," said the man. "Or, more specifically pirates. Now you can do two thin's. You could die, or tell you blasted pony queens t' give us aft our land or else."

The two ponies nodded their heads simultaneously, and the man smiled.

"Good. Now, get OFF ME SHIP!"

The two men throw the two ponies off the ship. They both came down with a splash. They were underwater for a few seconds, and then the two of them recover to see the ship sail away. They waited until it was far off in the horizon before they spoke.

"What now," asked the little filly.

"We need to warn the Princesses."

.................................................................................................................................................................

"They be strange for t' be related t' t' old horses, now aren't they," said the first mate as the boat sped away from the two ponies.

"Aye, they be," said the captain. "And would have went t' Davy Jones' locker involuntarily those two, if t' grand master saw it better for them t' be alive."

"Do you think that they will pass t' message on? They be weird, and I think that t' Grand Master thought that they were smart. They don't seem smart t' me."

"T' Grand Master be said t' be thousands o' years old. He knows these ponies then any livin' man alive. They will pass t' message, and with that, we will reclaim our homeland in glorious battle."

"How do you know they will fight? He said that they have lived in peace t' same number o' years he was alive. They probably don't know what war is."

"Oh they will," said the captain, evilly. "Their lives depend on it."

Author's Note:

This is my first chapter, in my first story. Tell me if I need to fix errors, or need to add things. Thank you for reading this.