• Published 12th May 2013
  • 1,203 Views, 99 Comments

Defending the universe - KRissCHu573



After 100 years, Equestria is exposed to conflict. Only this time on a much larger scale. The forces of good and evil are gathering for a final battle, which will decide the fate of the universe.

  • ...
4
 99
 1,203

Chapter 6: Azerothian Smack Down Part 1

Defending the universe




Chapter 6: Azerothian Smack Down Part 1






The city of Stowmwind was under siege by undead, demons and other dark creatures. The great stone walls proved useless, as the monsters flooded the streets. Several of the towers were crumbled and on fire, setting off large amounts of smoke into the air, while the monstrosities butchered everyone in their path.

A woman ran through the debris filled street, her breath ragged as she held her crying children tightly. She risked a quick glance behind her to see two brawlers closing in on her and her children. This prompted a loud scream from her as she continued to run. But in her fearful cries, she failed to notice a rock that caught her foot. Her face slammed into the ground, bloodied and dirtied by the impact. She quickly turned to see her children attempting to get her to her feet, but the sight of the brawlers looming over them like twin towers with their drooling mouths letting out their foul breath in loud huffs. Their malice-filled eyes glowed as they raised their clawed arms, intent on turning the family into a bloody mess. She hugged her children as tight as possible as she closed her eyes, expecting the quick slash, the sudden and excruciating pain, and then cold darkness.…but they never came.

Just as the monster was about to swipe, a wave of blue energy cut it in two through the chest. Before it could even tilt its head to see its fallen sibling, the second brawler felt a cold pain in its chest, then he was pulled back, before being cut in two identical helves by a giant axe.

The family now laid eyes on two men with short white hair. One wore a mechanical suit with dark blue energy lines, which pulsed from time to time. He carried a sword with a short handle and a massive blade. It also appeared mechanical and had pulsing energy lines with the same color as the suit. The other man had a similar suit, only his was bulkier. His weapon of choice was a two-handed single-bladed axe, which he carried with one hand. Unlike his partner, his suit and weapon pulsed with a crimson color.

All of a sudden the two got up in the air, while being choked by an invisible grip. The force holding them turned them around, to face a demon, followed by two demonic hounds on each side. This demon did not carry a weapon, instead had clawed gauntlets. His head was white, with a pair of horns and glowing red eyes. His hands were stretched forward, with the fingers placed in a curve.

“Filthy mortals! You will not stand against the Legion!” The demon spat loudly, as the hounds lunged at the men.

Just before they tore them to pieces, a loud whistling sound was heard, after which the two beasts fell on the ground, leaking out puddles of blood. On the back of their heads were stuck axe-like blades, with purple energy lines.

“What?!” The demon exclaimed, then he heard a shout from behind him.

“Hey baldy, stand against this!”

Just when he turned around to spill his rage on the defiler, a mechanical fist smashed into his face, with the sound of a firing shotgun. The two men touched the ground, along with the demon’s body, which got two-thirds of its head blow off, and four empty bullet shells.

Two purple energy chains attached with the handles of the axes and pulled them back into the metal grips of a woman. Her whole arms were in these mechanical gloves, going up to her shoulders. Right in the center of the palms there were spots of purple energy, from which came out the chains. She wore a pale purple sleeveless T-shirt, leather pants with a darker, but still matching color to the shirt and brown high-heeled cowboy boots. A two-lined scar could be seen over her left eye. Her brown hair was raised in a strange fashion, with a single pink dyed lock, splitting her face in two. A cocky smile crept on her face as she addressed the two men.

“Wow, you almost got beat by a dreadlord? Guys you are getting out of shape!”

“Yeah, because saving people is of no importance.” The blue armored man stated, but as he turned to gesture at the family, the group noticed that they were long gone.

That made the woman giggle, after which her blue companion glared at her, his eyes simply saying.

‘Not. A. Word!’

“Yes Ravira, because you are always so perfect.” The red suited man said, as he placed his axe on his shoulder.

“Please Dyrus, being awesome is not something I do by choice, it is my duty.” The woman said as she closed her eyes and raised her finger.


--


*Screen waves out* (yes, a flashback)

Ravira was a little girl. Her current hairstyle is the same. She was walking through a zen garden, along with an elderly man. His white hair was styled as the girl’s, and he also had a strange moustache in addition. A soft wind whistled through the tree leaves. The pair sat upon a rock, in front of a small pond. The man put a hand over the girl’s back and spoke.

“Listen sweetie. I know that this may sound impossible to you, but know, that one day, after my time has come to an end…you will be the most DRAAAAAAAAAAAVEN person in the universe!”

He struck a pose with a thumbs up and a wide grin, his smile giving off a shine. The girl stared with awestruck wide eyes, in which the shine from the man smile reflected.

“Are you really honest grandpa Draven?” Ravira asked, not believing her ears.

“Young lady, when have I ever lied to you?” He questioned.

The girl stared at the ground with a saddened look.

‘Oh man, I offended grandpa Draven. Now he probably never wanna see me again. STUPID! STUPID! STUPID!’ She screamed at herself mentally as her eyes teared up.

“Hey, don’t be like that.” Draven said, as he picked her up by the chin.

After wiping her tears he continued.

“Your cousins Dyrus and Reram are fine chips of the old block, but the title of DRAAAAAAAAAAAVEN falls to you.” He gave her a reassuring look and spoke again. “I expect you to carry that title proudly and bring it its more than deserved glory!”

Ravira smiled proudly as she said.

“I promise grandpa Draven, I will!”


--


*flashback ends*

Tears were flowing like rivers from Ravira’s eyes, as she had her fist raised up to her face and said.

“I promise!”

A ghoul jumped at her from behind. She quickly whirled around, smashing her fist in its chest. Once again a shot gun was heard, as the ghoul’s entire midsection blew off and the rest of its body flew several feet back. Along with the undead, four empty shells fell on the ground. The knuckles on Ravira’s mechanical glove let out smoke, and in a few seconds the holes it came from were closed by panels.

“Nobody interrupts my flashbacks dumb ass!” She yelled.

Both of her cousins were staring at her with bleak expressions.

“Are we seriously related to that?” Reram asked.

“You’re asking the wrong man brother.” Dyrus returned.

Something however, made him flinch. In a moment, the axeman stepped to the side, dodging two lines of electric wires, which grappled onto a large stone chunk from a demolished house, and something flew by, pulling itself on the wires, making a large cloud of dust. Once it cleared, the three laid eyes on a small robot, with a glass casing on its head. Inside were two short pylons, generating a spark of electricity from time to time, and wires hanging from his hands. It looked at them and spoke with a metallic voice.

“Let’s be friends forever!”

After that it once again threw wires at them. They managed to latch on the sword of Reram. That placed the bot in between the three. He yelled and many bizarre symbols appeared on the ground, forming a circle. In an instant all of them were tied up in wires. They heard some rumbling sounds coming from a far. Ravira had begun to cut through the wires with her axes, but it would take time, and the sound became louder and louder.

In a few moments, a nearby house crumbled to pieces. Through it charged a spinning ball, covered in blades. In a radius around it, massive saw blades appeared from the ground. It headed straight for the trio. As it approached, Ravira cut loose from her bindings and threw both axes sideways at the robot, pushing him in the way of the ball. It quickly rolled to the side, dodging the mech, and continued on its course. Thankfully, by pushing the robot away, the bindings of the brothers were removed as well.

Dyrus managed to jump to the side, avoiding the ball, but Reram did not have that time, so he held his sword with the flat side at the ball, and held it at the handle and the tip of the blade. When it made contact with the oncoming attack, a barrage of sparks was produced. The blue suited man barely held his ground. All of a sudden one of the massive saw blades emerged and headed his way. Reram made a step back, in order to dodge it, but in so doing the ball threw him several feet back, crashing into a stone wall, covered by a flag, which bore the mark of the Alliance.

Before the still spinning ball could change its course, Dyrus’s mechanically enhanced fist hit it from the side. It rammed into the cobblestone floor, digging a hole in the ground. However, the lucky punch came with a price. The armor from the knuckles, up to the elbow was torn up, and blood started to drip from a few of the holes.

Reram had recovered from his night stand with the wall, and now the three gathered together, eyeing the hole. The robot stood next to the it, oil dripping from his eyes, as if he was crying. Several bricks around the hole moved up from where they originally laid, as another robotic creature emerged from it.

It was a head taller than the other one, round, with short legs and arms, which had three metal claws as hands. It also appeared to be wearing some kind of shell on its back and it was covered in a multitude of blades. Two soulless yellow eyes were gawking at them.

“Come on! Show us what you’ve got!” Ravira taunted, to which the second robot simply replied…

“Ok.”


--


It was a bright sunny day in the city of Orgrimmar. Life was buzzing as usual between the spiked red roofed buildings, various hanging chained constructions and stone walls, colored by with flags, which proudly bore the mark of the Horde.

Two light green orc grunts were stationed near one of the fires in the Valley of Strength, guarding the large gate. They simply stood their post, observing how many young heroes ran around, helping the local residents, doing an errand for other guards, trainers, spending and acquiring coin from the shops, showing off their mounts or gear, which they have obtained in their travels, to their comrades, or simply screwing around aimlessly.

One of the few entertainments they had was the occasional blood elf woman, who had gone to hard on the drinks, stripped down and started dancing on a mailbox, which for some reason was happening quite often. A pandaren woman, wearing white cloth armor ran up to them, and addressed one of the two orcs.

“Excuse me sir, could you please point me towards the arena?”

The guard gave out a quiet sigh as he facepalmed and slowly slid his hand down his face, before answering.

“Go north past the Cleft of Shadow, go through the Drag and head towards the Valley of Honor. Once you cross the bridge, take the second path across from the lake.” He used hand gestures to describe the route more properly.

The beginning of the whole display was apparently completely unnoticed by the panda.

“Thank you very much. Bye.” She said, and waved to the two as she ran towards her intended destination.

“Oh spirits…bloody tourists.” The orc who assisted her groaned, after which he continued. “Join the Orgrimmar militia. It would be such a rewarding job, which will get you the respect of the people.”

“Pipe down Grethmar.” The other one began. “We’re still doing a service to the Horde by protecting its capital.”

“Seriously Quatkar, what service is staying here all day, and working as direction signs for these buffoons. Don’t you just want something to happen, to actually earn your honor amongst the ranks?!” Grethmar questioned.

“So the world nearly being torn apart by the keeper of its earth is not good enough for you?” Quatkar chuckled.

“You know what I mean.” His comrade punched him in the shoulder, before continuing. “Even with all the drunks and misfits around here, crime rate is boringly low. When was the last time Alliance rogues snuck in the city to butcher the auctioneers? Those three that came in several months ago?

(for those who did not get the refferance, I was reffering to this:

)

I just wish that something would happen!”

“Be careful what you wish for. It might come true.”

All of a sudden several purple portals opened on the square. From one which was more centrally placed came out a woman with pale skin and was dressed in red and black clothing. She wore a green necklace and had spider legs coming from her back. A sinister smile crept on her face.

“Are you happy now?” Quatkar inquired with worry in his voice.

Elise stretched her arm forward, saying.

“Slaughter them all!”

After her words, swarms of dark creatures poured out. Panic took over for the first several moments, resulting in several quick blood stains on the ground. But not soon after, the heroes and guards got to their senses, and began fighting back.

A tauren cut down a demonic hound and a pit fiend with a two-handed sword, before a ghoul jumped on his back, ripped his head off and got sprayed with some blood. The heroes and guards fought valiantly, but the numbers were overwhelming them.

Grethmar was pinned down to the ground by a brawler. The beast was snapping its jaws at the orc. The warrior’s axe could only hold as much. With each snap, the monster’s teeth inched closer to their prey.

All of a sudden, something tackled the brawler from the side, pushing him off. Grethmar got up on one of his arms as fast as he could, wiped the spit from his eyes and looked at what happened. The scene enveloping in front of him surprised him…a lot. Despite its lack of eye balls, the brawler stared down a creature, which was very similar to him in body build. It was smaller, with a large sail on its back and a flattened-spiked tail. It had a second pair of jaws on the sides of its frontal one.

It snarled at its opponent. The bigger creature roared, and after receiving the same response from the smaller one, both leaped at each other. The smaller creature was really fast. As they reached each other, the brawler swiped at it, but in the middle of the attack, the beast managed to sink its claws into its larger opponent’s chest. It screamed, before the little one bit down on its throat, leaving the brawler a limp bleeding husk.

When the fight ended, the smaller creature swallowed the part it had bitten off. Within the moment, it grew slightly larger, its maw grew longer, the teeth inside becoming more massive and more in number. A second pair of arms with hands grew from its sides, and an appendage grew from its neck, like the one of the brawler.

The victor slowly raised its head, and stared at the orc with zealous eyes, before running off in the fray.

“By the spirits…” Grethmar let out, as he rubbed his temple.

Elise was smiling proudly as she observed the slaughter from the large rock she stood on. A whistling sound caught her attention. She jumped to an upper ledge of the same rock, when several spines sunk into the spot she once stood. After eyeing the spines, her gaze shifted upwards.

Up on the wall above the gate, stood a 9 feet tall creature. It had two large arms and two smaller ones close to its head, each had three claws. It was slightly humped, with long spines and grayish fur on its back. It had four jaws, one of which was torn off in half. Several other spines grew back on its chest. The creature stared down Elise with its orange eyes, after which it roared and ordered loudly.

“Go my pak! Koleckt deir essence!”

Suddenly, multiple holes opened up in the ground in the midst of the ongoing skirmish and thousands of creatures burst through them.

A troll hunter was back-stepping the attacks of two sword carrying demons, shooting them with arrows, but they dodged every single one of them. During his route, the troll tripped and fell on his back. The two demons chuckled between each other, as they approached their prey. As they were about to smite him, the sky above them darkened. A giant creature, which looked like the brawlers, only about 5 to 6 times larger, crushed one of the demons when it landed. The second one stared at it, before it grabbed it and bit off the upper part of his body, and swallowed it in.

In the next moment two skin sails grew out from its shoulders, its eyes started glowing in a yellow green light. Veins began to pulse and grow on its forearms, before they split. A little blood splashed out, before the same yellow energy as from its eyes began to color and reap from the cuts. After that it jumped away to fight something else.

Elise franticly looked around the battlefield, horror beginning to take her over. All of a sudden a green tentacle glued itself to her arm. It came from the creature on the gate. It jumped at her, and pulled her at the same time. The creature swiped at her in mid air, but before the attack could reach her, she took on her spider form, shot out a large sting of web, which caught on one of the spikes on a nearby house, and pulled her away.

She got herself on the roof of the said building, returned to her human form, and shot a ball of web at her now landed on the ground assaulter. The creature bended backwards, and then spat out a blob of green acid, which melted the web. Then it jumped at her. She screeched at it, once again taking up her spider form, and leaped at it. The two engaged each other in a death grip in mid air, after which they both plummeted to the ground.

When the two hit solid, they made a small crater. The creature came out on top, but it screamed in pain when Elise sunk her fangs in it arm, releasing a burning sensation in its body. After the moment passed, it lowered its gaze at the spider, before uttering.

“Poison…is for the weak!”

It gave out a loud roar, unleashing some kind of wave from its body, after which the wound healed.

"Your essense is not worth koleckting!" It bellowed.

The Spider Queen caught glimpse of what was happening around her, her forces were being annihilated by the opposing ones, and were beginning to retreat. The creature atop her readied itself to deliver the final strike…when a wave of energy pushed him off.

Dehaka had little time to react, before a winged figure dropped from the sky, tossing him in the air. The next thing he felt were two quick slashes on his midsection, followed by an excruciating stab in his left shoulder, making him yowl in pain. Elise, not in human form, slowly got up, barely managing to address the new arrival.

“You…why are you here?!”

The dark horned figure turned at her and said.

“Spreading my art.” Then he twisted the blade, causing the creatures even more pain, before continuing. “Runeterra was not very appreciative of it, hopefully the rest of the universe will be different.”

His look shifted down to the creature.

“You bugs are so amusing.”

He then kicked Dehaka, sending him several feet away. The zerg bounced a few times, before coming to a stop. Four primal zerglings and a yellow roach, with long purplish blades on its back, noticed the act and charged towards the darkin. He shot out another wave of energy, cutting two of the zerglings in two. The next one lost its head, and the last had its spine cut through. Then Aatrox sidestepped, dodging an acid spitball from the roach, after which he leaped into the air, his blade began whirling in a purple light, as if it were alive, and dug right through the beast’s skull.

As he pulled it out, one of the primal ultralisks chomped him up together with the roach and swallowed. However, instead of the expected evolution, it felt a burning pain in its guts. A giant orange blade pierced its midsection, before cutting the whole creature in half, revealing the Darkin Blade in a blood fountain. Soon all of the blood was absorbed by the sword.

Despite him often opposing her allies, Elise could hardly hide her…admiration towards the warrior.

Dehaka rose up, as his injuries healed, and stared down the darkin. Before the two could engage, a loud shout of rage caught the attention of everything currently in battle. Aatrox quickly dashed off of the ultralisk’s corpse, before it was splated by the landing of something.

That something revealed itself to be a man with long black hair and beard. He carried a massive blade, which appeared to be one with his right arm. The said arm had spiked shoulder-plate like growths.

The new player on the board looked up at the darkin, after which his blade, shoulder-growth and eyes glowed in a burning orange, as his face turned into a wrathful grimace. The display brought a prideful smirk onto the horned being’s face.

Author's Note:

Hey guys. I am so so so super sorry for the long delay! But it has been a shitstorm in here. First I got something relatively close to a job, I had a major hand-blockage, some Skyrim was involved(I will be rebooting my skyrim fic, now that I have fixed all of the stuff people found...not likeble in it), and then I got sick, vomiting my guts out. Again I am really sorry, and I will try my best to make the chapters more frequent.