• Published 12th May 2013
  • 1,202 Views, 99 Comments

Defending the universe - KRissCHu573



After 100 years, Equestria is exposed to conflict. Only this time on a much larger scale. The forces of good and evil are gathering for a final battle, which will decide the fate of the universe.

  • ...
4
 99
 1,202

Chapter 1: The Battle Begins

Meanwhile:

“So, you’ve joined the League as well?”

“Surprised much?”

“Actually, when I heard that Elise was back, you showing up isn’t that surprising.”


--


“You just had to stir up a hornet’s nest, didn’t you?”

“Relax, he has no idea that we are connected.”

“Do not worry my love. You will have his soul, and with the help of our allies here…Both of us will bathe in power for eternity."

“Yes. The fall of this world, has begun.”


--


“And that’s how the evils hanging over pony kind were defeated.”

"Wow, that was awesome Princess!”

“Crimson Ash, Moon Shower, Riss, Melody Goldheart, Citronade and Clue Less, as you know, you are the new bearers of the Elements of Harmony. If a threat ever rises against Equestria, you are the ones, who will ensure out safety. I understand that that is a great responsibility for several young fillies, that’s why I wanted to teach you about our old allies. So that if one day they return, you to be able to work with them. But remember…as important as this is, you must cherish your friendship and help it bloom. My faithful student once said that the fate of Equestria did not depend on her making friends. She learned that that was the very opposite of the truth. I hope that you learn it as well.”


--


“Fiddlesticks…?”

“Hello your majesty. It’s been a while.”


--


“You wanna play too? That’ll be fun!...”



And now!

Defending the universe



By KRissCHu573



Chapter 1: The Battle Begins




The creatures were in several forms. Some were about two meters long, with larger upper bodies and arms. They had no eyes, nor ears. Just a pair of nostrils and gaping maws, filled with razor sharp teeth. There was a long extension coming from the back of their heads, which, looked from the right angle, could be mistaken for a tail.

The others were torsos with arms and no heads, attached to serpent bodies. On the chest area of the torsos, each had a single big yellow eye, with a red pupil, and their shoulders had mouths with dripping green ooze.

But the highest in number was a swarm of small four legged crabs, with nothing other than three yellow eyes on their heads. There were bigger versions of the same creatures, which acted as commanders to the smaller ones.

The crabs were a fine purple color. The serpents too had a purplish skin tone, only theirs seemed like blood. And the big eyeless bruisers’ skin was a purplish blue. The swarm and pack charged, while the serpents’ mouths spat out green ooze like artilleries.

The purple haired woman drowned the first waves in black flames, after which Hecarim charged with his Onslaught of shadows, shredding the front enemy lines. At the end of his stampede, he was stationed between two of the serpents. He swung his lance, cutting the torsos away from the bodies. The next moment, one of the larger brawlers grabbed the centaur from underneath and tackled him. Back at the gathering, Mordekaiser stretched his arm forward, decimating a portion of the swarm and a couple of brawlers with maces erupting from the ground.

The jester girl cut down the larger crab creatures, when a brawler slammed its fists down in attempt to crush her, but in an instant she disappeared in a cloud of red smoke. In a moment she re-appeared, only this time with two other girls. All three looked exactly the same. Using their superior numbers and speed, they cut the creature down. However, another of its kin belly slammed on top of the three, crushing them. It bellowed in pain as it rolled on its back, before letting out its final breath.
Its entire front side was punctured with dozens of daggers. Once the creature died, the grild appeared on its body, bearing a crazed grin.

A serpent approached the battling on the ground Shadow of war and brawler. It was about to shower them with acid, when its torso was cut diagonally, and plopped on the ground. The creature had Hecarim on his back, and was snapping its jaws at his face. The centaur was having a trouble holding it away. However, something caught his attention by blocking the sun for a moment. All of a sudden a spearhead came from the beast’s maw, its tip merely an inch from Hecarim’s face.

The brawler stopped struggling and the ghostly being pushed it off himself, and got up on his hooves. He eyed the metal covered spear maiden, before saying.

“Thanks squirt.”

“Hey!” She loudly protested, when he pushed her aside and exclaimed.

“Look out!”

A serpent spat at her, but missed, thanks to the centaur’s interference. Next the Shadow of war ran up to it, got up on his hind legs, and splatted the sorry beast. The woman silently stared at him with wide eyes as he picked up his lance.

“You’re welcome.” He said and charged off to battle.

The two blindfolded people and the white haired man pushed forward. The swordsman slashed at the front, while the two guarded the flanks. One of the larger crabs attacked from the left, and the woman knocked it away with a powerful blow. A brawler leaped at them from the right. The couple quickly looked at it, and then at each other. They grabbed eat other’s hands, and the man whirled his companion. She kicked the creature in mid air, square in the jaw, and it fell on the ground. After a few twitches, its movements ceased completely.

The immortal brothers were assisting the swards maiden in the middle of the fray. Using the rays of the sun she stunned lots of enemies, while the Butcher cut them down, and the Curator smashed and burned them within a circle of spirit fire. Nocturne slashed through the serpent lines. After another one cut in half, his eyes fell on the brothers. Each grabbed a brawler, and threw it into the air. The Living Nightmare unleashed Paranoia, flew up with great speed to the flying creatures, and sunk his shining silvery blades in their spines.

A lot of the crab creatures surrounded the ponies. The fillies hid under their Princess, with terror struck expressions. Celestia summoned a yellow barrier of magic around herself and the fillies, fearing that if she began to fight, she might hurt them accidently. The triple-eyed monsters attacked the barrier at full force. The sun goddess of the sun did her best to keep the shield up, but the sheer amount of attacks soon began to crack it.

One of the larger crabs made a hole with its leg, right in front of Citronade’s face, which made her scream. It continued to peck at the hole with its leg, when all of a sudden a glowing crow tackled it away. The fillies stared with awe as hundreds of such crows attacked the three eyed creatures. The tore apart, pecked open and crushed the monsters in their claws. Crimson’s attention was caught by the fact that the birds’ onslaught was occurring in a radius around the pumpkin-headed being, who also slashed at the crabs with his scythe, but apparently she was the only one, who noticed it.

In but a minute the crows had decimated the creatures, and flew back inside of the scarecrow’s body. Just as that happened, two brawlers jumped at him. The Master of metal rushed in between them, swung his mace, and hit one of the two in the torso, crushing its bones. The impact released a big piece of metal, which hit the other large creature, and sent it flying right into the clutches of the giant flaming bear, which tore the bluish beast in two, spilling its insides out, while giving out a loud roar.

“They’re retreating!” The white haired swordsman yelled, as several purple portals appeared, and the few survivors left ran for them. The armored maidens, the blindfolded couple and the jester girl let out a victorious cheer, while the rest remained silent. Fiddlesticks turned towards Celestia, who had removed the barrier, and now approached the Harbinger, he fillies following her cautiously slow.

“I’m sorry they had to see all of that.” He addressed the Princess, with regret in his tone.

“I do as well.” She returned, before asking.

“What were those creatures?”

“Do you remember the bug like creature we took with us when we left?” He began.

A confirming nod from the goddess of the sun signaled him to continue.

“It came from a dark space between dimensions called the Void. Those creatures were from there, and were probably an assassination party sent after you.”

The fillies’ eyes widened with horrifying astonishment at the mention of someone wanting to kill the Princess. Bearing her usual stern expression, Celestia enquired.

“Why would this…Void want my demise?”

The scarecrow sighted, before replying.

“I believe he can answer that.”

His gaze pointed behind the princess of the sun. She turned around to see a white pegasus guard in golden armor, rushing towards her. When he reached her, the stallion began to speak through pants.

“Your highness *pant* Trottingham, Manehaton, Clouds Dale *pant* and other major cities are under attack by…”

He paused, and stared at the corpses on the ground, before pointing a hoof at one and saying.

“…those!...”

Suddenly a scroll magically appeared in front of him. The guard opened the rolled sheet of paper, and his eyes widened to the size of dinner plates.

“The Crystal Empire, Zebrica, Griff and other countries are under attack as well!” He exclaimed.

Celestia’s eye twitched for a moment, but she kept her, as if cut in stone, cool serious face, and started to give orders.

“Gather the entire guard and dispatch additional forces to the cities! Where are my sister and pupil?!”

“The Princesses were visiting the Empire for the celebration of Prince Snow Ruby’s birthday two days ago.” The stallion replied.

The goddess let out an angry sight, before continuing.

“Alright, I need you to send word for them immediately, and report my orders to the guard-”

“That won’t be necessary Princess, we got this.” Fiddlesticks stepped in, bearing a reassuring smile.

Celestia eyed him with a confused expression, when another scroll appeared in front of the guard. The colt opened it, and after a moment announced its contents.

“Princess, reports are coming in from all over the world. Strange beings are appearing through portals, and are fighting off the monsters!”

Yet again the goddess of the sun turned towards the Harbinger of doom, and his now gathered companions. The terrified fillies followed her example. The scarecrow’s smile faded as he said.

“You best gather all of the world leaders, they’re about to attend a meeting.”

Celestia rose an eyebrow.



--



During the battle, no one noticed that the scattered remains of the Terror of the Void fell though small purple portals.



--



In a dark cave, illuminated by purple crystals, Victor was working on something like an operating table.

“Wrench.” The Machine Herald said, raising his left hand.

The requested instrument was given to him by the hand on his back. Once done with it, he rose his hand again, saying.

“Hextech spoiler Mark 16.”

The back hand turned around, lowered itself to a tool table, and picked up a greenish item, which looked like the Hextech Gunblade, only it had a tube coming from the blade. The hand gave the item to its master, who pulled the trigger a few times, before a green torch flame appeared from the tube.

“Illumination reducers, increase to level 20.” Victor said as his orange eyes became nearly black, after which he started to merge metal, lots of sparks raining from his creation to the ground.

“Is it done yet?” A weak echowy voice asked, followed by several deep coughs.

“Nearly.” The mechanist replied with no sort of emotion in his tone.

He stopped using the spoiler and said.

“Illumination reducers, decrease to level 4.”

His eyes returned to their usual orange coloring. Then he turned around sideways, reached out with his left hand and said.

“Control Power containment unit.”

A box made of white glass, with a metal top and bottom, crafted in the shape of demonic faces, with green emeralds for eyes was given to him by the Chain Warden. The Machine Herald inserted the small container in a casing, found within the chest area of his creation. After hearing a click, which indicated that the box was stationed tightly in its place, he began to connect lots of wires to it, then squeezed the metal around it, so it wouldn’t loosen itself.

Finally, Victor closed the two metal chest plates.

“Illumination reducers, increase to level 33.” He said, and his eyes became black.

Then his third arm used its laser to close the gap in the chest plates. Thresh’s company was shared by Zed, Elise, Syndra, Lissandra, who wore a necklaces with small green glass orbs, and many other creatures, who were concealed in darkness, the only indicator of their presence being their glowing eyes.

Now closed, Victor returned his eyes to normal, and attached a cable to the neck of the metallic body he had been constructing.

All of a sudden, the hidden creatures began to stir, making way for a figure, who loudly announced his presence.

“Troll King, coming through!”

Once he reached the group in the light of the specter’s lantern, the Ice Witch addressed him.

“Report.”

Trundle grunted, before speaking.

“Both sides made contact with Equis. I told you to send extra troops. The Kopruneterrian alliance hammered us off the planet.”

“And I take it, the assassination wasn’t successful?” Elise asked.

“Hardly. The only death happening from it was only on our side. I hate to agree with blacky here, but if you want a quality assassination, you should send him, or his clan boys, or even that guy.”

The troll pointed to a figure in the darkness. He appeared to be human, wearing a green energy suit and a red military cap. His skin was dark, and he also had a goatee. The most disturbing part were his glowing light green eyes.

“What of *cough* Cho’Gath?” The coughing figure asked.

“The poor sucker got blown up. I retrieved his remains, like we did with Kog’Maw, I just don’t see the point in it.” Trundle replied.

“That’s not surprising, for someone with such a major lack of intelligence.” The person in the green energy suit said.

The Troll King turned towards him, saying.

“Hey, have you seen this thing? Like really close?” And showed off his club.

“Enough!” The coughing figure exclaimed, silencing the two.

Trundle’s club began to pulse with light, but stopped when its master calmed it down.

“Don’t worry Clubums, we’ll get to smashing soon.”

“We’re ready to begin the procedure.” Victor said, as he grabbed a passing medium sized voidling, and stuck the other end of the cable in its back.

The little three eyed critter screeched in pain.

“Alright.”

The coughing figure stepped into the dim light. It was a barely lingering Malzahar. He undid the cover around his head, revealing long gray hair and beard. The Machine Herald placed the voidling on the Prophet’s head, and it sunk its legs into his skull. The mage shivered and grunted in pain, before saying.

“Do it!” Victor nodded.

Then he twisted the head of his staff, and it changed its color to blue. With that done, he pointed it at Malzahar, a bolt of energy electrocuting him. He started to bellow, as the energy engulfed him, went on the cable to the body on the table. Everyone attending watched, not even flinching by the sounds and the smell of burnt cloth and flesh. In a minute the screams stopped, and the Prophet of the Void’s burned body, and that of the voidling dropped on the ground with a quiet thump.

Everyone now turned their attention towards the metal body. A pair of purple energy eyes opened in the black void behind the helmet. It started to move its fingers, before attempting to stand up. When he accomplished it, the mechanist enquired.

“How does it feel?”

The mage took a look at his hands as he slowly said.

“Magnificent!” His ecowy voice spread through the cave.

“Now what?” Zed asked.

“Now…” Malzahar began, still admiring his new body, before continuing. “…you, Trundle and his trolls will go on a recovering mission.

Next he turned to Victor.

“You can continue with your other project, and you…” He faced the energy suited man. “Unless you have forgotten how to do what your old master taught you, get to work.”

The man was covered in a green light, before disappearing from sight.

“As for the rest of us…” He continued.

“…We’re going to add some new recruits.”

Author's Note:

It has begun! Thank you all for the support, and I hope you enjoy the sequal as much, or more if possible, than the first fic. Now, let me clerify a few things so you don't have to ask them over, and over. Immortal champions from the League will appear. Yes I know zerg have uber health regen, and Kerrigan will be the leader of the Swarm in the fic. Now, I will include the Warcraft universe as well. There will be a lot of OC's, representing the descendants of many figures, and a few others. Yes the new champ Aatrox will appear as well, but not as an ally to any faction(if you have read his lore, you will know why), more like a middle figure.

For now I'll put on the cover image of TCOTU, but if anyone sends me a good cover image I will change it. Also I have made up a good portion of the couples from the League, but not all of them, so I will accept some suggestions if given.

Quick question. What's the deal with Lux and Ez? I thought he was hooked up with Janna?

For now, hope you enjoy. Have a nice day.

Your sincerely,
KRissCHu573.