• Published 9th May 2013
  • 909 Views, 28 Comments

Changing Anatomies - BlueAlicorn



Anon, Dominic and Cynthia want to celebrate their collective 25th birthdays, when an unexplainable curse is put on them. Or is it being lifted? (Inspired by the ecxellent fanfic Five score divided by Four by TwistedSpectrum)

  • ...
12
 28
 909

What kind of bucking tattoo is this?

That night I had a weird and freakishly realistic-feeling dream. I could only remember parts of it, though.

Everypony who still supports...

Banishment to...

Five score, divided by...

outlooks bleak...

Hahaha! ...is now mine to...

I sprung up, surprised at how long and detailed the dream was. I did a quick check on myself. My house, my room, my bed, check. Sweating gallons, check. Shuddering like a maniac, check. Everything else okay, check. After I calmed myself down, I slowly rolled around to see what time it was. That woke me up more effectively than any alarm could.

“OH SHIT!”

If the alarm clock had a face, it would definitely have smirked. The time was 1:15, meaning I did not have much time at all to get ready. I stumbled out of bed, only to fall over a pile of dirty clothes. “Ow! Really?!” I got up and went into the bathroom. I took a quick shower, brushed my teeth and very hastily washed my face. All at the same time. I got out of the shower, only to realize my beard was slightly more protruding out of my face than I would have liked it to.

“Ah, crap. Why now, beard?” I put some shaving cream on and sketchily went over my face, chin and parts of my neck with a razor, ignoring the small cuts. When I was finished, I almost looked worse than before. I splashed some water over my face to get rid of the blood. I smiled and looked at myself. “That’s better.”

I got dressed, some not too casual but still pretty casual clothes. After what seemed like ages, I decided on jeans and a button-down shirt under a normal sweatshirt. Once satisfied with my look, I went to my bedroom table and picked up my two presents for my friends. Some ray-bans for Dominic and many kinds of different seeds I could muster for Cynthia. Melons, lemons and oranges, to name a few. Before you say anything about how melons can’t be grown in places like Iowa, I say again, Cynthia’s parents had a huge garden, including a greenhouse, so almost every fruit or vegetable known to man could be grown there. I got Dominic sunglasses because I couldn’t really think of anything that he would like other than them. With presents still in hand, I rushed down the stairs and made breakfast. I was struggling, though.

“Breakfast was never this hard to make, what’s going on here?” That’s when I realized that it is, in fact, easier to cook with two hands. I put the gifts on the table and facepalmed.

“Alright, Anon. Keep calm and everything will be alright.” I cracked my knuckles and neck and got my head together. “Okay. Eggs, toast and a pan. This can’t be too hard.” And indeed, with some concentration, I managed to make myself 3 slices of french toast after 5 minutes. 60 seconds later, no french toast was to be seen anymore.

I wiped the rest off my face with a napkin and looked towards the clock. The clock showed the time. 1:45. Just enough time to get to Cynthia’s. I went out of the house with the gifts. Something was missing. “Of course! The keys!” I ran back inside and came out again in record time, holding the keys for both the car and my house.

My car wasn’t exactly a Maserati, but it was mine. It was and old and used BMW. I had gotten it for the measly price of $1999 plus all the repairs that needed to be done. It worked though, and that’s what counts for me. Did I just say that it worked? Scratch that. I turned the keys time and time again, but the motor would just give a gurgling sound and shut off again. The number of unfortunate events, ending with the car rebelling finally cracked me and caused me to spew the most creative enumerations of curse words I could think of.

I got out of the car, furious that the BMW would rebel against me exactly on this day, and kicked it so hard that I put a dent into the autobody. After that, the car started up and slowly. started rolling down the slope that my garage was connected to. I stood still for a moment, then my brain started working again. “Car is rolling, sir. Advise immediate sprint for vehicle

“FUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCK” I ran towards the driver’s door and managed to slide in. “Whew, close call.”

I looked to the passenger seat and was relieved to see everything still there and intact. After making sure that the motor would stay on, I raced through the suburb to get to Cynthia’s parents’ mansion outside of town. It wasn’t that far away from the previously mentioned farm, but also not that near, either. With the street leading to a very rural area, there wasn’t much traffic anyway. Even less so because at this time of day, almost everyone was at work. I took the opportunity and accelerated to 70 mph. It was 1:58 when I arrived at the giant property. I drove up to the fancy gates and rang the bell. An extremely nasal voice answered.

“Yes? May I ask who is there?”

It was Alfonse, the butler. Good guy, he just poked his nose into a lot of things that weren’t meant for him. I answered politely. “Hello, Alfonse. It’s me, Anon. I just need a place to park and...”

“No worries, Anon. I’ll just let you in now.” A button was pressed and the gate slowly opened.

“Thanks, Alfie.”

“Sir Anon, you do know that I despise that nickname?”

I laughed. “Sorry, Alfonse. See you inside.” And with that, I drove my car onto the gravel driveway. I hastily parked the car and picked up the presents. The front door was opened and I rushed in, past a very confused Alfonse. Before I sprinted up the stairs, I took a second to admire the main hall. A huge crystalline chandelier hung from the ceiling and the walls were a dark wood, undoubtedly of high quality and value. I took a second to wave to Alfonse, then I made my way to Cynthia. Cynthia’s room was upstairs, to the right, overlooking the driveway, so she knew that I was coming. She had barely opened the door when I stormed in.

“Am I still on time?” Cynthia laughed. She had brown hair and green eyes. She was slim, and about 5’ 5” tall. She looked pretty good, although I wasn’t really attracted to her. It was just nice having her in a conversation, she was all around a nice person. I looked around, seeing that everything had been prepared for staying a few nights in this room. Food, water and 3 laptops. Dominic was sitting in a chair facing the couch and the door. He was 6’ 1”, had brown-ish skin and was pretty muscular, although he didn’t trade all his brains for brawn. He was also a nice guy, pretty religious, but not ‘uptight’ religious. As I saw him, I noticed that there was something odd about him. He had a mohawk, tinted light-turquoise. My chin dropped. “Dude, what the fu...”

Dominic held his hand up. “Remember the conversation we had on the phone last night? I’ll try to explain, even though I have no idea how or why this happened.”

I could barely back the laughter that was building up inside of me. “Okay, so you mean to tell me that you just grew a mohawk which is by the way, not colored in any tint that a human could possibly have without dyeing it.”

Dominic stayed perfectly serious, even though I could hear Cynthia chuckle quietly behind me. “Yes, Anon, that is exactly what I mean to tell you.”

His deadpan face made my laughter stick in my throat. “Dude. You Pinkie promised. Why would you lie? You know what happens to people who break Pinkie Promises.”

Dominic was getting slightly shaky now. “Anon, I know what happens and I am not lying, I swear. I don’t know how this happened, but it just... did.” He looked me in the eye. “You believe me, don’t you? I wouldn’t make this up.”

It was then that I realized that his eye color had changed. He had normally had blue eyes. Now they were flecked with gold. “Whoa, man. Why are you wearing contacts? I mean... gold is a nice color, but why go to that extent?”

What I had said made Dominic freeze for a second, then he ran to the nearest mirror. “What is this? WHAT THE FUCK IS HAPPENING TO ME?” He slumped onto the couch, looking more disturbed than ever. “All started with this damn tattoo...” he mumbled.

Now I was curious and walked towards him. Cynthia also came to my side and asked: “Dominic, what tattoo? Well, first I would like to say that I find it very hard to believe you, even though you are my close friend. It’s just... that can’t happen. But if you show me that mysterious tattoo, maybe things will clear up a bit.” She turned her head to me. “What do you think, Anon?”

I shrugged. “If he cut and dyed his hair, put in colored contacts that only cover a few specks of the eye and got a tattoo only to fool us, then I applaud him for his commitment. But then, the question comes: commitment to what? What prank could he make out of this? Scare us that he is potentially mutating? If so, I say again, kudos to him and go for the prank. But if he tells the truth, and he swore, then I have no fucking idea what is going on. So Dominic, do please show us that tattoo.”

A quiet “okay, but this isn’t a prank, guys.” was the only answer before he pulled his pants down.

I was very surprised. “What the fuck man, show us your tattoo, not your junk.”

Dominic didn’t say anything, he just pointed to his thigh. Our heads moved to the spot where he was pointing and... “Whoa, man! And it’s even on both thighs!” I said as I recoiled. After the initial shock I got closer to the tattoo. It looked brand spanking new, but there was no red skin around it like there always is with new tattoos. It wasn’t a roll-on tattoo, the quality was just much too good and there were no corners peeling off. To be honest, the quality was too good for a normal tattoo too. That was weird.

Dominic saw the look of confusion on my face and nodded. “Mhm. Pretty bizarre, huh? The first time I saw it was when I took a shower yesterday evening. The mohawk appeared this morning and you just so kindly pointed out that my eyes are changing. Remember the other things I said in that conversation?”

I scratched my head. “Um, that you think you know who did it?”

Dominic nodded again. “Initially I thought that it was a prank that one of you had in some way pulled on me, tattooing a cutie mark on me and all.”

You could almost see a light bulb turn on over Cynthia’s head. Before she had only stayed in the background, thinking, but now: “I got it!” she exclaimed as she got onto one of the laptops.

Dominic continued. “But then these freakish changes happened, with the hair and all. And now with the eyes... it’s like I’m being turned into a permanent cosplayer.” He let out a dry laugh again. “Dude, I will deny that I ever said this, but I’m scared. What’s happening here isn’t human.”

I tried comforting him. “Hey man, I’m sure we’ll find a reasonable explanation for all of this. But rewind for a second. You said cutie mark. That mark reminds me of a pony. It had this mohawk too. But what was the name?"

Cynthia answered the question for me. “Thunderlane.”

I snapped my fingers. “Yes! Thunderlane!” Then it dawned on me. “Wait, didn’t he have golden eyes too?”

As an answer, she turned the laptop around for us to see. And sure enough, the picture matched perfectly. Dominic’s hair looked kind of like in the picture, admittedly not really, but the mark was a perfect fit. A dark cloud with a lightning bolt coming out of it. Even weirder, Dominic’s eyes matched those of Thunderlane’s more and more. I didn’t know what to say, it was like somebody had made it their mission to make Dominic look like Thunderlane as much as possible.

(by godoflight on deviantart)

Cynthia cut in. “Guys, I know this is kinda weird now, having found out that Dominic here got played a prank involving him looking like a background pony from the show, but the time is 2:24! Do you know what that means?”

I turned around, realizing what that meant. I almost slapped myself for forgetting that. “Dominic, I am so sorry about this rapid subject change, but it’s tradition. Come on, we have got to celebrate the exact anniversaries of our birthdays.”

Dominic was born pretty late, somewhere around 9pm, I was born at exactly 2:27pm and Cynthia had her birth date at 3pm and a bit, I can’t really remember.

I continued, trying to get Dominic in a better mood. “After that, we can inspect and speculate about your... problem. So,” I pulled him up, “hooray for Dominic! The oldest in our circle! Not really on time, but better late than never!”

Dominic saw the pathetic try to cheer him up, and he gave a weak smile to support us. “Thanks guys, but I don’t think this is a prank...”

Oh man, I could imagine being in his shoes. Looking more and more like a random background pony from an old kids' show without self-inducing it, even changing eye colors. Eye color mutation is possible as far as I know, but only at a very young age. There was the possibility that he was lying, but I ruled it out. He would never lie to us. Not after Pinkie Promising. I would be scared as shit too. Meanwhile, the time had moved on to 2:26. Now it was my turn. I stared at the clock intently.

“Come on, just wait a little bit more...” 2:27. I looked around to my friends, happy that I had turned 25. They looked back and smiled.

Cynthia produced a present out of nowhere, handing it to me. “Happy Birthday, Anon!”

I thanked her and took the present. Right when I wanted to open it, I started feeling woozy all of a sudden. I lost my balance and fell onto the couch, looking to Dominic, who was on the brink of freaking out. “Lane?” I mumbled before laying down on my back, trying to regain my senses. After a while I started to see my surroundings again.

Cynthia waved a hand in front of my face. “Anon! Hey, hey Anon, wake up! Somebody there?”

I nodded and put a hand to my head. “Whoa, what was that all about?” I looked over to Dominic, who was shivering. “Dom, I’m okay. There’s no need to worry about me. I just had... something.”

Dominic didn’t stop shivering, instead he pointed a finger at me. “That... that what you just had... it’s gone as fast as it came, right?”

I shrugged. “I guess so. But what the problem with it? It’s gone now, you said it yourself.”

Dominic shook his head furiously. “No, that is the problem. You see, the same thing, or at least a similar thing happened to me yesterday. I didn’t get dizzy and stuff, but I kind of... zoned out for a few minutes. At first I thought that it was nothing, but then all this happened.” He gestured toward his thigh, eyes and... My chin dropped. Cynthia had noticed it too.

“Dom, your mohawk.”

Dominic put his hands up to his head, his face growing more and more frightened. “What is it? What in the holy hell is going on?” His hair had gotten purely light turquoise and it was now a complete mohawk, with no hair left on his head.

I looked to Dominic, trying to distract him from the quite disturbing fact that some of his hair were growing back into his head. “So, you were saying about zoning out?”

Dominic looked in my direction, trying to regain his composure. “W...well... I didn’t look at the clock when it happened, but I would bet that happened on the exact anniversary of my birth.”

I scratched my head. “So, you mean that your transformation, as I am going to call it because I haven’t ever heard from a human whose hairs grew back into their head,” I facepalmed as I realized what I had said.

I should not have said that, Dominic was already at the mirror and freaking out. “AAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!! WHAT THE HELL?!?!?!?!”

I continued my sentence in Cynthia’s direction. “, that it started with getting woozy and zoning out, and it started at the exact anniversary of your birth? Do you think this is a conspiracy or something?”

Dominic stopped freaking out suddenly and coldly looked at me. “What do you expect of me, Anon? Tell me what this is, then. Like you said, I haven’t heard of a human either whose hairs grew back into his FUCKING SKULL!!! What do you think am I going through now? This is nothing but a horrible, tasteless and cruel prank someone is putting me through and you make JOKES about it?!?!”

I raised my hands up in a defensive position, trying to think of something to say. “Ummm, I didn’t mean it that way... Hey, look! Your eyes are almost completely golden!”

Dominic lost all of his rage and sunk back into the sofa. “You see? I’m mutating or something!”

Cynthia moved in to comfort him. “Don’t worry, Dom. We’re here for you and we’ll try to fix this.”

Dominic waved her aside, still pretty depressed. “Thanks for trying, I definitely give you points for effort, but I wouldn’t want to stand in the way of you celebrating your birthday. It’s almost 3, isn’t it?”

I looked to the clock. Sure enough, it showed 2:57. “Cynthia, when is your birthday again? The time, I mean.” I asked her.

“Um, it’s at 3:01. Why do you...” It dawned on her. “Of course! If I get woozy at that time, that means that Dominic is right with the connection!”

I nodded. “Mhm. So, let’s wait and see. Dom, maybe there actually is something to your theory.”

Dominic laughed mockingly. “Oh wonderful. That will help us so much with figuring out why this happened because if we know that we get cutie marks on our 25th birthdays, then we know how to fix it immediately.”

I didn’t give an answer to that. 3:00. Dominic started the conversation again. “You know, apart from us looking if this zoning out is connected to the freakiness that has happened to me, you should probably check out if...”

I put my hand up. “Just a moment. We’re testing your theory, so concentrate on Cynthia, will you?”

Dominic frowned. “Fine, but after this I have to tell you something.”

Cynthia was clearly uncomfortable with four eyes concentrating on her at all times. She shuffled around, her eyes darting everywhere. “Guys? You staring at me like I’m some sort of alien is kinda getting weird, and I don’t really think that this actually going to happen, so could we please stop? I'm getting a bit... ohhhh.”

She lost all of her concentration and her stare got empty. I looked at her, then at the clock. "No way! It's actually true, Dom! She's zoned out and it's 3:01! We might be on to something here!"

Dominic did not share my enthusiasm. "That's great Anon, but what good will it do? Anyway, coming back to the thing I said. If what's happened to me is connected to this transformation, then there is a good chance that it has started with you now. So, if you have been following me, then you should remember that I said that it started with the tattoo, right?"

The color drained from my face. "You mean that I'm going to transform too?"

Dominic's face got serious. "I'd know a way to prove that. Pull your pants down."

I hesitantly reached for my belt, unbuckled it and slowly pulled my pants down. I didn't look. "Dom? Is there something?"


Dominic didn't say anything, I could just hear him go towards Cynthia and bring her back to reality. He whispered something into her ear and she pulled her trousers down. Eventually I couldn't keep my eyes shut anymore and I looked at Cynthia. She had three carrots plastered over her thigh, with a quality any tattooist would adore to no end. "

Um... Cynthia? You've got something on your thigh."

Cynthia's eyes were directed towards my side. "Anon? You kinda have something there too." I looked down at my leg. Gleaming there on my side, there was a cobalt blue Sapphire.

Author's Note:

So, the second chapter is here. Let me know what you think about it :)