• Published 23rd Feb 2012
  • 2,398 Views, 87 Comments

Artemis Fowl and the land of Equestria - William Van Auger



self explaining title Artemis Fowl with ponies

  • ...
8
 87
 2,398

The Fowl and the Leprechaun

(A/N ok so it turns out that after having only two Alicorns for ages the writers on MLP look to be adding a new one to the shows cannon. If it is true then that can go suck a duck (and yes that is duck), she will not be fanonised in this fiction as I have plans for a prequel and more importantly back story that requires her to not exist.
ALL HAIL THE BAD SOUTHEN ACCENT)

It was still dark outside when Artemis was awoken by a violent shaking. His eyes snapped open and fixed upon the same purple creature from yesterday. He had hoped it was all a dream or even some kind of psychosis. Part of him still thought it was, yet here she was again standing six inches from his face.
Before Artemis could ask what was going on the unicorn moved to on Holly’s bed.
Holly was still feeling disorientated and it took her a moment to remember where she was.
“We need to go now. I was only given a small window to transport you.” Said Twilight
“Where exactly are we going?” asked Artemis groggily, not looking forward to trading one prison for another.
“There isn’t time.” was the only answer Artemis got as the purple unicorn placed a hoof on his shoulder. “You too” she directed at Holly.
Holly moved to stand next to Artemis, pausing only to grab her now useless helmet, and cautiously put her hand on his shoulder. As soon as her hand connected, the unicorn’s eyes and horn started to glow. A ball of light expanded around them engulfing the group. The ground disappeared beneath their feet and for a moment Artemis and Holly faced the all too familiar feeling of free fall. Suddenly, as quickly as it had started it was over. Artemis’ feet retuned to the floor with enough force for his knees to buckle, he had just enough time to notice they were no longer in the hospital before stumbling headlong into the wall. Fortunately, Holly was somewhat sturdier than Artemis was and managed to maintain her footing. Unfortunately, the sudden teleport was all her already weakened system could handle. Her head swam and her stomach rolled as she made a dive to bury her head in a nearby wastepaper basket, all the while silently thankful she no longer wore a helmet.
“You could have mentioned you were going to do that,” said Artemis as he got to his feet. His once fine suit was in ruins. Admittedly it was had been covered in rips and tears, not to mention mud before their little trip but none of the damage had been irreparable. Now however large patches were burnt and smoking beyond repair.
Looking around the new room Artemis noticed that walls were lined with empty shelves. The whole room was made of wood with only one door in the side that remained closed. In the centre stood a small raised platform with a carved wooden statue of a unicorns head.
“Good work Twilight,” Said a regal sounding voice.
Artemis turned to find the white unicorn standing directly behind him. He was surprised that he hadn’t noticed her before.
“That’s a nice trick,” He said. “Anything else like that I should know about?”
She fixed him an icy glare before responding. “Why yes now that you mention it, I have lived for a millennium and have the power to imprison you in the moon for eternity, now be silent. Twilight, I am leaving them both in your care. If you need help you may ask any of your friends and I doubt you can keep this secret from spike however, I do not want anyone else to know they are here.”
“Yes princess.” Twilight responded instantly. “Is there anything else?”
She thought for a moment. “Yes” she said finally, “If they are lost as they say then we should help them return home as soon as possible. They may need some of the books in your library, but I would sleep a lot better if you kept a record of anything they read and do not let them read anything that could be dangerous. Lastly, I have decided to leave a small contingent of guards behind. If they get out of hand, they shall be dealt with without regret.”
Artemis had the feeling that the last remark was more for his benefit than twilights.
Holly meanwhile had filled her improvised bucket, and was feeling all the better for it, though she made sure to compose herself before opening her mouth again. She had dealt with people like this princess before. She hadn’t tolerated them and she would be damned if she was going to tolerate this.
“Does the ball and chain go outside our shoes or would you like us to tuck it into our socks?”
The princess rounded on her with the anger of a bull Troll. “Silence human. I have chosen to help you, don’t make me change my mind.”
“I am no more human than you are,” replied Holly with glare of fire to fight the ice. “And I don’t take threats lightly.” The two stood their facing each other for a moment before the princess turned to leave. Artemis couldn’t help but laugh. They are so alike, thought Artemis. Butler would approve… BUTLER. Even with all that had happened, Artemis couldn’t believe he had forgotten about Butler. He ran after the white unicorn catching her at the door.
“Wait, what about Butler? I know he cannot have taken incarceration well but if I can explain in sure he will understand.”
The princess turned to face him, her expression stuck somewhere between anger and confusion.
“I do not know what you are talking about” she tried to leave but found Holly blocking her path.
“It is unwise to continue on this path,” Said the princess.
“Please,” continued Artemis “when we fell, Holly could only save one of us. Butler was likely badly injured but when we found where he landed, he was already gone If we don’t get to him soon it will be too late to help.”
“If it is as you say, we did not find your companion there either.”
“I don’t believe you,” Said Holly. “There is no way Butler just walked away all by himself. Not a fall that high.”
Even the princess had forgotten Twilight was still here and everyone was surprised when she spoke. “There are many dangerous creatures in the Everfree forest, most of them are carnivorous. If your friend really did land there, he may already be…” she couldn’t bring herself to finish the sentence. She didn’t have to. The unsaid word hung in the air, but no one was willing to accept it.

Artemis felt like the wind had been driven out of him. He couldn’t believe what he was hearing. Everyone stood there in silence for so long it became another person in the room with them.
“You’re lying,” he said finally.
“No, we found nothing,” Said the princess.
“Artemis…”began Holly weakly.
“Surely you don’t believe her.” said Artemis “Since she woke us up she has done nothing but threaten us.”
“We both knew that this was a possibility, even Butler knew. We have no choice but to trust what they are telling us is true. If they wanted to hurt us, they wouldn’t have taken us to a hospital.”
Artemis took a deep breath. He knew Holly was right, but that didn’t make it any easier. Butler had been by his side since the day he was born. Before now when Butler’s life was at risk, Holly had been on hand to give him a shot of fairy magic. Even when Butler had been shot in London and Holly wasn’t around Artemis’ quick thinking had kept him alive long enough for her to arrive.
Artemis found that part hardest. Knowing that this wasn’t the first time one of his plans had cost him a friend.
Yet they never stop trusting me he thought.
He could feel tears welling in his eyes. Before when Butler lay dying in a London restaurant, there hadn’t been time to grieve, no time for tears. There had hardly been time to think. Now there was only time. Time and the knowledge that for all is intelligence there was nothing he could do.

Holly was devastated by the loss of her friend, but she had lost friends before. The time for grief would come later. This was the time for action. She knew however bad she felt, Artemis would have it ten times worse. Above all, she knew that wherever they were, Artemis was the only chance they had of getting home.
“Artemis, I know it’s hard but we need a plan. Butler told me to keep you safe and to do that I need to get us home. Twilight, take him back to the antechamber, give him anything he needs and for goodness sake get us something to eat.”
The two began to leave when the princess spoke again.
“Whatever has happened, I am sorry for your loss. It is never easy to lose those we care about.”
Holly waited until Artemis and Twilight were out of earshot before continuing.
“Since we arrived, you have made quite a few threats. So allow me to make a few of my own. Through whatever means, I have lost a friend today. I could forgive you under the circumstances, but your actions have robbed a fourteen-year-old boy of the best friend he’s ever had, and that is something I will not forgive. If I find out you have lied to us. If I even think that Butlers death was your fault. I. Will. Kill you,” The last words where barely a whisper but the Princess clearly heard. Before she could respond, Holly walked into the antechamber and closed the door behind her.


Half an hour later and Holly found herself perched atop a pile of books while Artemis explained his theory. Actually, it did not take the full half hour for him to find a theory, one glance at a globe Twilight had given him was enough. Twilight herself was sitting on the floor gazing intently at Artemis, levitating a notepad and quill. Holly wasn’t sure if she was writing down what he was saying or if she was making notes on his behaviour. Part of her wanted to warn Twilight that better humans, fairies and centaurs had tried to analyse him before and failed miserably but after all that had happened she figured it would keep her on her toes. Or would that be hooves? I wonder what Foaly would prefer.
She could see that Artemis was exhausted. The colour had drained from his cheeks, what little there was at least, and he had bags under his eyes. The loss of his friend pressed down on him, he even looked older under the strain. Under better circumstances, she would have told Artemis to rest, even see to Butler’s funeral before continuing, but that could put him out of action for months. Right now, the most important thing was to come up with a plan, or at least some answers. Holly felt pangs of guilt at the thought of using her friend like that. True Artemis had used her and the People before now but he usually had a good reason. She only hoped that Artemis would forgive her when all this was over.
Her train of thought derailed when Artemis began to speak.
“I don’t even know where to begin. I am not even convinced that any of this is real, and the more theories I come up with the more absurd it all sounds.”
He even sounds tired, like he’s just going through the motions.
He moved to the globe to demonstrate his point.
“At first I believed that we had gone back in time, but the continents on this globe hold no resemblance to any on earth, at any point through history, and none of the countries have ever gone by the names shown. We could have gone forwards in time but that still does not explain the shape of the continents. As Julius would have said, ‘I don’t think we’re in Kansas anymore.’
I think we are on another world. Maybe even another dimension, like Hybras only much bigger.”
Artemis was right when he had said it sounded absurd. It was just unfortunate that he usually wasn’t wrong about things like this. Still it didn’t hurt to make sure.
“But Hybras was once an island,” Said Holly. “The Demons moved it into another reality during the war, and very unstable reality at that. How could a whole world like that even exist?”
“Their reality was never meant to exist. It was forced into being by the warlocks, and it became unstable because Abbot interrupted the spell. Here, it’s possible that this world was created with our own, maybe even parallel to it.”
Holly still was not convinced, and Twilight still hadn’t said a word, but there was something that still didn’t make sense.
“What makes you so sure that we are in another reality? How can you know that we didn’t travel through space? Fairies have teleported before, never that far, but it certainly makes more sense than alternate realities and purple unicorns. No offence.”
The purple unicorn in question didn’t even look up from her notes, and Artemis wasn’t going to stop anyway.
“No, I checked. It sounded so insane that I needed to make sure. I asked to see star charts and astral maps. Every star, planet, and nebula, are exactly where they should be. Wherever we are, it is the same place as Earth. Maybe even the same place as Ireland.”
Holly let out a long sigh. While her stomach had settled, her head throbbed and her balance was still off. This was rapidly setting up to be the most bizarre and exhausting adventure they had ever had. Worst of all they were a man down already and hadn’t even started yet.
A knock at the door of the library caused the unicorn to drop her notes. Without a word, she rose and left the small room leaving Holly and Artemis alone.
Even though they were alone Holly decided that speaking in gnomish was the best way to avoid being overheard.
“Be honest with me Artemis, what do you think about them, the princess and this Twilight? You have had more experience being interrogated than I have, not to mention dealing with fictional beings.”
Artemis rubbed his temples for a moment before answering.
“Assuming this isn’t a dream, or hallucination. I don’t trust the princess as far as I could throw her. I am sure she is keeping something from us, and we cannot rule out the possibility that she was the one that bought us here. As for the other, she seems to be fascinated with us, like I was with The People, only without the extortion. I don’t trust her, but neither do I think she wants to harm us. Then again, I never know who to trust, and I’ve been wrong before.
“Well its sink or swim time I suppose,” Holly said with a sigh. “The book doesn’t say anything about alternate realities or hostile unicorn princesses. Against my better judgment, I say we tell them the basics. What we are and where we come from. Other than that, we will have to see. I wouldn’t give the princess the time of day, but this Twilight is offering us her house. She deserves to know the truth, at least part of it.”
“Don’t forget though, we are still prisoners here. We may yet need to fight them, and then the princess will meet the same fate as the rest of the people that harmed those I cared about”

A knock at the door distracted Twilight from her work, causing her to drop the notebook and quill. She quickly left the room without saying a word to the two creatures.
She pulled the door open ready to berate who ever had neglected to read the sign that said closed. Instead, she met with the familiar orange coat and Stetson that belonged could only belong to Applejack.
“Howdy Twilight,” she said with none of her usual cheer “I bought the food y’all asked for.”
Twilight caught a glimpse of pink hair and yellow feathers cowering behind her friend.
“Fluttershy?” she asked. “What are you doing here?”
“Oh, hay Twilight.” She muttered. “um, I was just passing”
“She means, she was worried ‘bout you,” interrupted Applejack” An so am I. Are ya sure it’s a good idea lettin’ ‘em stay here?”
“Sshhh,” cut Twilight. Looking around to make sure they had not been overheard. “Nopony else is supposed to know about this. Come inside, quickly.”
Applejack crossed the threshold without hesitation. Fluttershy on the other hand seemed reluctant to enter.
“A-are you sure it’s safe” she said with a tremble.
“Honestly? No. I’m not. Princess Celestia doesn’t trust them, and something that doesn’t add up about their story. Then again if they wanted to harm us they wouldn’t have run away in the forest.”
She explained everything that had happened since leaving the hospital, including the conversation the creatures had just finished. She could tell that neither of her friends understood. She didn’t understand it herself. Nothing in all her years of studding magic had ever turned up anything to do with alternate realities. Tonight she would travel to Canterlot library and try to find some answers.
She also made a mental note to ask the writer of the Daring Do novels about the latest addition to the series. With luck, that would provide Twilight with some of answers she wanted.
“Do you girls mind keeping an eye on them tonight?” She asked. “I know I promised Princess Celestia that I wouldn’t leave them, but there are some things I need to check in Canterlot.”
“You mean just the two of us?” panicked Fluttershy “Alone? With them?”
“Why don’t you meet them?” reasoned Twilight.
At the very thought Fluttershy took refuge under a large writing desk with a soft squeak.
Applejack on the other hand thought it was a good idea.
“Actually I’ve been wanting to talk to ‘em. I feel just awful ‘bout what happened, I was hopin’ to put things right, if that’s ok?”
“Celestia said that anypony who was there when they appeared is ok, so long as they don’t tell anypony else. I will warn you, the female is a little confused. Try not to overwhelm her. Draw the curtains, I’ll bring them through.”

The door opened and the purple unicorn returned. She silently moved over to where the notepad and quill still lay. Once more, they became enveloped in a purple aura before floating up to around eye level before landing neatly on her back.
“The foods here,” was all she said before exiting the room once more.
Artemis walked to the stack of books Holly was sitting on and helped her to her feet. As soon as he let go she almost lost her balance again. If Butler had been there, it would have been easy to move her. As it was, it took everything Artemis had to get her to the door. He was starting to worry that the damage to her balance might be permanent. He made a quick mental note to ask about where to go about finding acorns before helping his friend into the library.
As soon as he got through the door, he found himself face to face with another unicorn. This one was bright orange with a blond mane tied back in some kind of ponytail. Oh, the irony was the only thing his brain could think of. For some reason the thing that held his attention longest was the large Stetson atop her head.
“Howdy,” it said with a tip of its hat and a large grin.
If Holly was having trouble keeping up so far this was enough to push her over the edge. She let out an audible groan.
“Why does it have a Stetson and a southern drawl? Are you some kind of cowpony or something?”
“Well. Yea, I guess I am. Y’all don’t remember what happened do ya?” surprisingly, she dropped her gaze and started shifting her fore hooves in a strangely humanised expression of shame.
“I was in the forest the night y’all appeared.”
Holly thought a moment. “No, don’t remember much about it. Though I’m willing to bet I have you to thank for this,” she said, tapping her eye, which was still covered by a large purple mess that had started to take on a clear hoof shape.
“I’m awful sorry,” said the orange unicorn with a bow, her eyes starting to tear slightly. “I never meant to hurt ya none.”
“I suppose you were the one that held me down in the riverbed,” said Artemis, directing his attention to Twilight.
“Actually, that was Princess Celestia. Whatever happened when you appeared knocked my friend and me unconscious. I was taken to the hospital while AJ and Celestia looked for you in the forest.”
Artemis felt guilty about harming the unicorn and her friend. At least he knew that they were almost even. Almost.
“Who’s AJ?” asked Holly
“Oh, where are my manners,” Said the orange creature grabbing Holly hand, a simple action, the mechanics of which baffled Artemis completely, and shaking it violently. “I’m AJ. Uh, that is, Applejack. Nice ta meet ya.”
“My names Holly Short and you can stop shaking my hand now”
“Y’all don’t look that short to me,” Applejack chuckled. It was true that Holly stood a few inches taller than the bright orange mare, something that was unusual in and of its self. Present situation notwithstanding.
“Are unicorns normally so aggressive greeting new people?” asked Holly as soon as Applejack let go of her arm.
“Actually, AJ isn’t a unicorn. She’s an earth pony,” said Twilight as Applejack pushed her Stetson back revelling the hornless forehead beneath.
Holly let out another groan “Oh that’s much better,” She said. “You’re not a unicorn, just an ordinary talking horse. I should be able to sleep easy tonight.” She rubbed her temples some more in frustration.
“Somethin’ we said?” asked Applejack in confusion
Artemis did his best to explain, while taking an apple from the large bag on the table
“Try to understand, things are different where we come from, and this whole situation will take time for us to adjust. May I?”
“Sure, help yourself.”
Artemis sunk his teeth into the apple and almost chocked. It was unlike anything he had tasted before, much sweeter than the apples in Ireland. “These apples are really good.”
The simple statement made Applejack glow with pride.
“You seem awfully calm about everything,” said Twilight “why have you adjusted so well?”
Artemis hadn’t thought much about it. “Over the years I’ve spent so much time in impossible circumstances and consorting with mythical creatures. I suppose I’m used to it by now.”
“I don’t understand. What mythical creatures?”
Artemis sensed his explanation would take some time. He wasn’t looking forward to another interrogation so he decided to make himself comfortable.
“As Holly already told you, we are not the same species. Most humans do not even know her kind exists.” He decided to glaze over the whole kidnapping part. Both he and Holly agreed that they needed the help of the creatures here to get home. They would be much more reluctant to assist them if they knew certain parts of Artemis’ past.
“A few years ago, I searched for a race called The People, a collection of what my kind would call Fairies. Most of my kind believed them to be children stories or simple folklore. I thought different, and my persistence paid off”
“Why were y’all looking for ‘em?” asked Applejack
“They had something I needed” was all Artemis was willing to say on the matter.
“You said that The People are a collection of creatures,” inquired Twilight. “What kind are you, Holly?”
“I am an Elf. I’m also what some people might call a Leprechaun, though that’s just a job.”
“Those weird little things with the top hats and shillelaghs, spirits of mischief and games that hand out pots of gold?”
“That was a long time ago. Our uniform has changed a few times since then.”
Twilight turned to Artemis.
“Was it gold you needed?”
“Perhaps, but my offer still stands does it not. If you want to ask questions, we get to ask in return. Tell me about your people and this land we are in.”
Twilight told the story everyone in Equestria knew. The three warring tribes that once lived in a faraway land, forced to search for a new home and the three friends that helped unite them under one banner. She also explained how Celestia and Luna came to rule together, and how Ponyville was founded.

It was well passed midday by the time Twilight had finished her story.
Applejack had divided the food between Holly and Artemis, though most of it consisted of grass and was not fit for human consumption, or fairy for that matter.
Artemis had taken to browsing the titles in the library. Some of them were written in a language that even the fairy gift of tongues could not translate. Artemis guessed they were from a time before the language in Equestria resembled English. Given enough time, Artemis would try to learn the language, but not now. He had spotted the book he was looking for, a large red tome bound with gold filed under E. he quickly pulled it from the shelf and took it to a large writing desk in the corner, dropping it on the top with a loud bang.
Something squeaked loudly and barrelled into his shins, flooring him instantly in a tangled mass of yellow feathers.
“Fluttershy?” said Twilight “I thought you went home. Have you been under there this whole time?”
“I’m sorry Twilight,” Said the yellow pony struggling to stand. “I didn’t think meeting them would take so long.”
“You still haven’t met them,” said the lavender unicorn irritably. “You didn’t even say hello.”
“Oh. H-hello?” she said nervously.
“Honestly girl,” said Applejack. “I’d have thought you of all ponies would a offered some kindness to ‘em. We’ve seen ya tame dragons, are leprechauns really too much to handle? Holly Short and…. Sorry I didn’t get your name.”
Artemis was still lying on his back after being knocked over. He got to his feet and straightened his once fine suit before answering
“My name is Artemis Fowl,” he said offering his hand, though he was not entirely sure why.
The mare in front of him was Canary yellow with a pink mane that obscured her face. As he extended his hand, she gave another squeak and dropped to the floor covering her face with her forelegs.
The thought of being more terrifying that a real life dragon amused Artemis greatly, and honestly, he would tend to agree.
It took a lot of coxing for Fluttershy to introduce herself and even then, she never said more than a few words.
“What book were you so interested in anyway?” Asked Twilight moving over to the desk her friend had been hiding under, recognising the book right away.
“The elements of harmony reference guide?”
“You mentioned them earlier when talking about your princess’s rise to power,” Artemis answered, Opening the book and thumbing through the pages. “I thought they may be some kind of powerful weapon or magic, especially if they were able to defeat such a strong opponent. I was hoping that the book would give me some answers, but I don’t understand a word. How can Loyalty be a weapon? Or laughter for that matter?” he closed the book with a sigh and grabbed some nearby parchment and quill
“It doesn’t matter now. Your princess said she wanted a list of any books we used. I need anything you feel it is safe to provide on any of these topics.”
The list was quite extensive but Artemis was sure that the unicorn’s collection would be able to provide some answers. With a little luck, they might even provide him some of the advantage he desperately needed.


“So what do you say girls?” Twilight asked, “Will you keep an eye on them for the next few days?”
It had taken longer than Twilight had thought to get all the books the human had wanted. A stack this size would take her at least a week to finish, even now as the sun began its decent the books cluttered the floor and every available table.
“Yep, ill cover for ya Twi’” Applejack said instantly, “How ‘bout you, Fluttershy?”
“Oh, I don’t know guys they’re still so… scary “said the yellow mare, shuddering at the thought of being left with the creatures overnight.
“Please, Fluttershy” begged Applejack “I feel awful ‘bout hurtin’ em, and you saw how the leprechaun girl could hardly stand. I might need your knowledge of animals and medicine to help ‘em get better.”
Fluttershy reluctantly agreed, though clearly wasn’t looking forward it but it wasn’t in her nature to refuse to help those who needed it
Twilight and Applejack assisted the creatures in moving the books into the antechamber. Once they were in place Twilight summoned a pair of camp beds and a small desk and stack of parchment before turning back to her friends.
“I won’t be more than a few days. Spike is waiting for me at the station. While I’m gone make sure they have anything they need but be careful, I don’t fully trust them just yet”
“Don’t ya worry none, we’ll keep ‘em cosy as a pig in a blanket,” Said Applejack with her usual optimism.
Fluttershy looked less convinced. She simply nodded politely as Twilight left the house into the rapidly approaching night.

“It was nice of Twilight to let us sleep on a bed,” Said Holly. “This place is certainly more comfortable than my last prison.”
“I assume you are talking about me,” Artemis replied from his new desk. “I would remind you that your last prison bed had a mattress.”
It was true that the thin fabric camp beds were less comfortable than the one in Artemis’ cell had been. Lighter too, this one wouldn’t make it through butter much less the floor.
Holly lay on the bed furthest from the door. She missed the weight of the pistol on her belt but she had dropped it in the forest and no one had bothered to retrieve it, though she was confident that she was more than a match for both of the mares in the next room.
Artemis sat close by, the candle beside him casting ghostly shadows across his already grim features.
He reminded Holly of the boy she once knew, the boy who had kidnapped her and held her to ransom the boy who had left Jon Spiro penniless and imprisoned. That was the last person Holly wanted to see right now.
“Artemis, you should get some rest. We don’t know how long we will be here and you need to sleep.”
Artemis didn’t even look up from the book in front of him.
“Not yet Holly, but you should. I’m worried about your injuries. Perhaps you should use the acorn, heal now rather than wait.”
Holly clasped the pendant at her throat that contained an acorn in a small plastic container. “No, not yet, not until we have to, we may need to fight our way free and we have no weapons. This acorn is the only chance we have.”
“Then get some rest. Perhaps you will feel better in the morning.”
Holly didn’t like it. Artemis was clearly upset about Butler, but what could she do. She rolled over on her camp bed and wondered what Butler would have done. She found herself thinking of all the adventures their little group had had over the years, the time she had saved Butlers life from the troll at Fowl Manor and again in London when he had been shot. The time Butler had saved her hand in the artic by shooting a hole in the ice so she could complete the ritual. Finally, she found herself thinking about Commander Root. Butler and Julius had been friends, both old soldiers, both just being reluctantly dragged along for the ride, and now, both dead.
She was glad Artemis couldn’t see her face. She felt tears on her cheek as she silently wept for her lost friend.


Celestia sat in her study, the gentle glow of the moon the only illumination. She had been there since returning from Canterlot, deep in thought. She was not alone however. Luna had sat a constant vigil since her return, silently listening to her sister’s troubles.
“Fourteen, sister.” said the white Alicorn “what plot is this? A fourteen-year-old human child, the age I was the day that….” she couldn’t even finish the sentence, the memory from her childhood still too painful to speak aloud.
“Worst of all bearing her name,” she continued. “What twist of fate could be so cruel.”
“What would you like us to say, sister?” responded Luna “sometimes life does these things. There are no plots or tricks to be found here. Was it any different with us? Using the power we shared to bind and imprison us?”
Celestia stared off into space.
“What should I do sister? The more I think about it the less sure I am. The female said she isn’t human, if this is so we hold her no ill will. As for the male, such a young age would punishment be just? He is still a child after all.”
“We should not trust them until they prove themselves, but there are too many unknowns for us to dispense justice. We believe that we should learn about them. Twilight Sparkle was able to see the good in us when we last met. perhaps what she learns from them will help our final decision.”
Celestia smiled softly “How did I last a thousand years without your counsel, little sister?”
Luna shied away from the question. “You were always the one that was loved by our subjects, if we had been left in charge we fear the kingdom would be in a sorry state.”
Celestia rose from her seat and placed her wing over her sister. The two sat in the study for hours watching the night sky. Your night is truly beautiful, little sister.

(You know the drill by now, opinions and what not ahoy as well as any problems with text or reading, from now on I would also like some help keeping people in character. Also, you know my policy for grammar. Word says it’s correct and that’s good enough for me. Can anyone remember if I mention a season in a previous chapter? I want to say autumn but I can’t remember. Sorry it too so long to put out.)