• Published 13th Jun 2013
  • 2,031 Views, 26 Comments

Apples to Ashes - Gnome

  • ...
5
 26
 2,031

The Special Tutor: Part 1

The Special Tutor: Part 1

There was a knock at the Boutique door. Scootaloo, Applebloom and Sweetie Bell heard the knock from upstairs.

As Rarity went to answer the door, the three crusaders were listening from upstairs.

"Oh, hello there. Can I help you?"
Rarity asked.

"Hello, I'm Scythe. Is Sweetie Bell here?" The visitor asked.

He was carrying a saddlebag with a couple books inside of it.

"Yes. May I ask what business you have with her?" Rarity asked.

Applebloom and Scootaloo recognized the stallion's voice immediately.

"Well, I recently heard of an incident between Diamond Tiara and Sweetie Bell. I wanted to see if she was alright," he responded, looking around the boutique.

"Yes, she is here and doing rather fine. However, I believe she is busy with her friends. The three are having a sleepover here tonight."

Applebloom slowly walked out of Sweetie's room. She looked down the stairs and saw a rather familiar stallion.

"Oh okay, well could you tell them I said hi?" Scythe said as he began to walk out.

"Of cours-" The white mare's response was cut short by a shout.

"Scythe!" Scootaloo yelled.

It got the attention of the intended target. Scythe whipped around, seeing an orange pegasus with a purple mane.

"Oh, hey Scootaloo."

Scootaloo went over to him and yelled upstairs. "Applebloom, come on!"

Scythe directed his attention to the stairs. He saw a certain filly timidly descend the stairwell.

"Hi, Scythe," Applebloom said.

Scythe didn't expect Applebloom there. He slightly blushed as Scootaloo brought the two closer together.

"You wanna join our sleepover, Scythe? You don't mind Rare, do you?"

Rarity smiled. "Oh not at all, as long as you four don't disturb my work."

Scootaloo nodded and went back to the two, "Cool. So Scythe, you want to?"

Scythe and Applebloom looked at each other for a couple seconds, Scythe smiled and spoke up.

"Sure, why not."

Applebloom was overjoyed. But slightly afraid that something might go wrong with the sleepover.

Scythe was the only stallion there and the rest of them were mares. He might get weirded out.

"So what you wanna do first?" Scootaloo asked Applebloom.

Scythe went over to the front door and set his saddlebag down.

Scootaloo and Applebloom ran upstairs, Scythe followed. They found Sweetie Bell was waiting nervously for her friends.

"Hey Sweetie Bell, this is Scythe. Scythe this is Sweetie," Scootaloo introduced.

Scootaloo leaned into Sweetie's ear. "Scythe is Applebloom's special somepony," she whispered.

Applebloom tensed up. "Hey! I heard that!" Applebloom said accusingly.

Scythe looked around the room.

"Hey, Applebloom?" Scythe asked.

"Yeah Scythe?"

"Ms. Cheerilee said that I need to start tutoring you, or you'll fail." Scythe looked at her and frowned.

Applebloom put a hoof on his shoulder. "That's fine. I'd rather tutor with ya than fail class. There would be too much drama."

"You guys don't mind?" Scythe asked Sweetie and Scootaloo.

"It's fine," Scootaloo responded, as the two giggled.

Scythe went out of the room, going downstairs, and got his saddlebag.

He trotted back up the stairs and sat the bag on the bed.

Scootaloo and Sweetie Bell walked out of the room. Taking residence in the room next to it.

"Sorry, but I don't want ya to fail. You know?" Scythe said.

Applebloom smiled. "Oh it's fine."

Scythe opened one of the books. The one labeled algebra.

~~~~

Scythe explained the main points of algebra, and started to solve algebraic equations with her.

Applebloom was confused, "But if a=z, what does b equal?"

Scythe sighed, "How about we just go over some simple equations?"

Applebloom nodded and watched as Scythe got up to grab a different book.

Scythe didn't notice his journal, falling out of his bag while he was getting out another math book.

"Okay let's start."

So, Scythe explained some more simple and then more complex versions of Algebra.

~~~~

It took a couple tries, but Applebloom finally understood the basis of the subject.

"So we will study more at my house tomorrow. If that's fine with you." Scythe suggested.

Applebloom directed her attention to Scythe, "Fine by me."

Scythe took a glance at what she had been looking at... It was his journal. He thought, and decided he might try something.

Scootaloo and Sweetie came back into the room. "Hey you guys done yet?"

Scythe looked at Applebloom and then back at the pegasus. "Yeah, we have some free time now."
Scythe chuckled a bit. "If you excuse me, I have to go to the restroom."

"The bathroom is the third door on the left." Sweetie directed.

Scythe trotted to the bathroom.

Scootaloo directed to her attention to the small paperback journal on the floor.

"What's this?" Scootaloo picked the book up. "Scythes Journal,"
A devious smile came across the pegasus's face. "Wanna read it?" She asked Applebloom.

"What?! Scoot you know that's wrong. You sound like Diamond Tiara, saying things like that." Applebloom lashed, snatching the book out of Scootaloo's hooves. "You wouldn't read my journal would you?"

"Maybe," Scootaloo joked.

Applebloom rolled her eyes. She stared at the book for a moment. Her curiosity was peaked.

"Maybe just a peak..." Applebloom carefully opened the book.

Scootaloo and Sweetie Bell trotted to her side and she started to read a section of it.

"Well today wasn't my day by any standards. I had a black out in class. Though, I did meet a pretty cute mare, Applebloom.

She seemed nice, I pretty much liked her from the moment we met. Not just like, I mean really like.

Her country accent, the way she moves....

What am I saying? She probably doesn't like me, not as much as I like her anyway."

Applebloom blushed as she read a couple more sections.

She quickly closed the book. "Okay girls, fun's over," she said. Her face a dark crimson.

"Aww, come on." Sweetie said with great disappointment.

"I knew it!" Scootaloo said excitedly. Bragging to her friends for being right. "I knew he liked you AB."

"Who likes her?" The three froze solid when they heard Scythe.

He walked into the room. He saw Applebloom holding his personal journal.

"What... What are you doing with my Journal?" Scythe snatched the book out of Applebloom's hooves and put it back into his saddlebag.

The crusaders slowly drooped there heads out of embarrassment.

"I-I am s-sorry Scythe's it's just-"
Scythe cut Applebloom off, "How much did you read?"

"The part where you, umm, talk about me..." Applebloom couldn't even look him in the eye, she was so embarrassed.

Scythe blushed and then facehoofed. "Well it was gonna come out sometime, I was just to much of a puss to say anything."

"Are you mad?" Applebloom asked.

A little pissed that her friends hadn't pitched in or apologized to Scythe yet.

"Mad? Now why would I be mad?"

"Well we all read something very personal of yours."

Applebloom continued to look at the floor, until Scythe picked her chin up with a hoof.

"What, you just thought that I didn't see my personal journal, that nopony had ever read before, just fall out of my saddlebag?" Scythe smiled and laughed.

"Wait, you meant for that to happen?" Applebloom looked into Scythe's eyes.

Sccotaloo and Sweetie Bell also looked at Scythe confused.

"Eeyup." He answered. "I know it's a bit unorthodox but it seemed to get the job done. Hehe, just thought I might try. I didn't exactly know if you really did like me, but I took the chance."

"I-I do actually..."

Applebloom thought to herself, seeing herself kissing the stallion in front of him. 'Do it! Do it!' her thoughts screamed.

Applebloom jutted her head towards Scythe. Their lips met and locked together in a kiss.

Scythe's eyes shot open. But then, they slowly started to close.

Scootaloo and Sweetie Bells' eyes widened. The sight took them by surprised. They were shocked.

Applebloom broke the kiss and looked at Scythe's face for a moment.

"Girls, can you help me with this?" She asked her friends.

____________________

To be continued...