AppleDash 3,014 members · 1,068 stories
Comments ( 141 )
  • Viewing 101 - 150 of 141

We can submit entries from this thread right? Either way, I am.

Here's an entry for the 'getting together' contest. It should be complete by the deadline.

Posted
Group Contributor

Entries can be made by PMing bookplayer or Tchernobog, or posting the link in this thread with the text “contest entry” somewhere around it.

bookplayer
Group Admin

595166>>595394
Don't worry. We got it.

To all my enemies fellow writers, the time of the competition draws near.

We've laughed. We've cried. We've brainstormed and bothered our proofreaders.

We've struggled and strived, wrote and re-wrote.

Some of us have done well, some not so well, some of us made it big, some have not.

But in the end, I hope we all had fun. And ultimately, putting out and challenging ourselves is what this all about. So whoever wins (Rated Ponystar) and whoever loses (everyone else) it does not matter, for it has been a great journey, and I found myself doing something in a new genre that I would otherwise have never done before.

So in the end, I have to thank Tchernobog for the opportunity and the invitation. For without? I wouldn't have ever known about this in the first place and have grown as a writer, and made a ton of new friends in the process.

Thank you to the organizers, thank you to the group people for hosting, and the judges for taking your time out to read all the swamp.

And thank you to the competitors for trying. Thank you, Rated Ponystar, for whipping us. Yes, I'm calling it. =D

But I think all of the entrants can all gather around and say one thing. No matter win or lose, champion or fail... we should all be proud of the fact:

Rated Ponystar
Group Contributor

Kind of a bit early to call it, but thank you.

And same to everyone else. May the best writers win.

DbzOrDie
Group Admin

As far as I'm concerned, you're the winner.
Too bad for you, I'm not one of the judges :p

Tchernobog
Group Admin

A reminder to everyone; There are *two* categories. That means there will be two winners :ajsmug:

Though feel free to make a popular vote for a favorite. I'm not casting my vote yet, still remaining impartial until winners are declared, being a judge and whatnot. Gotta be somewhat professional! :trollestia:

Tchernobog
Group Admin

Fic deadline is being extended two weeks!
Not so loud with the Royal Canterlot voice, Luna....
Sorry..

This should give you plenty of time to finish up anything for the story - or even for some of you who haven't started to do so. And if you guys could reblog, we might even get brand new submissions ;)

BronyNeumo
Group Contributor

No! Dammit, Tchernie! I've been writing for two days straight and put down over 9000 words to meet this deadline! You're not taking it away from me!

Tchernobog
Group Admin

WELL THAT JUST INVALIDATED MY HEARTWARMING ENDING.

Hmph.

Rated Ponystar
Group Contributor

Aw, I still liked it.

I'll be back in 2 weeks >=|

596827 I kind of wished this would have been announced Friday or Saturday. It would have saved me trying to write and edit a whole story in three days. :fluttershyouch:
On the bright side, I guess it will give others a chance to make a submission.

I have one question though. Will you be making another forum post of all the fics that were submitted for the contest?

Tchernobog
Group Admin

We will, once the contest is done. All the fics are going to be listed!
edit: As for the announcement, the comments/requests for extensions came in late fri/early sun, so it was a rather short notice thing. Sorry ^^;

597842 Cool, thank you. :unsuresweetie:

BronyNeumo
Group Contributor

Contest entry, bitches.

("Already in relationship" category)

Jeez, i'm glad i got those extra weeks. The last 2 chapters have been one large writers block. No way in equestria i could have made that in 3 days :rainbowlaugh:
I just hope the last parts get a bit easeir, or i might end up missing the deadline :facehoof::facehoof::facehoof:
Seriously, this wrtiers block sucks bigtime. 300 words in what? 3 days? :pinkiesick:

bahatumay
Group Contributor

I know that feel...

622485 throw a colab and a prof reading job on top and the chaos is complete :raritycry:
Nah, it's not that bad. At least i got something to do when the brain refuses to co-opperate:trollestia:

Rated Ponystar
Group Contributor

Only a few more days left. Who's going to win?!

Here's my entry: love worth dying for
It's stil waiting for approval, and i haven't posted all chapters yet. They are to be posted today/tonight, as long as my pc doesn't discord anything :twilightoops: (depending on where in the world you are).
Oh yeah, right. This one goes to the "allready in a relationship" category.

And yes, i know i don't meet the word count yet. But don't worry, i will do so when all chapters are upploaded!

Hello everyone!
I wondered if there is a full list of entries to date somewhere...
As for myself, sadly I probably won't make the deadline, even the extended one... I'm notoriously bad at deadlines, and, on the other hoof, I don't want to press my idea with rushed writing. Not to mention, that would have been the first "formal" fimfiction ever for me, so maybe a contest is not the best way to start... :trixieshiftright:

In any case, thank you for inspiring not one, but -two- AppleDash ideas for me with this contest! I'll try to get them out in writing at some point, and good luck to all the contestants!

In case you failed to notice my first post (highly unlikely)

here's my entry for the contest
It goes under the "already in a relationship" category.
Love worth dying for (warning, sad)

Posted
Group Contributor

Tchernobog and bookplayer will be posting a listing of the entries at some point after the entry period is over.

bahatumay
Group Contributor

We will get a warning when the deadline is coming close, right?

bookplayer
Group Admin

We got it!

640895>>640678
Yes, I think we'll probably make blog posts and post the list of entries here tomorrow, though the judging will take a while longer.

The deadline is four hours from now! It's coming close already! :ajsmug:

bahatumay
Group Contributor

Argh... four hours, gone already? Good thing you guys are taking unfinished stories...
For the Already In a Relationship category.
(it doesn't even have a title yet i don't even)
Link.

I finished my story, but several derps happened in the midway. I made it on time right? I'm just some minutes late R-right!?!?

Here it is. but there's a little problem. You see, I uploaded the story from a different pc from my writting pc, and it seems that when I passed it via pendrive, I passed the unfinished version with un-edited chapters. So there's a chapter less than it should be, and there's some little stuff I must change of the others. But now I can't go back to the other PC, so I will have to do it tomorrow. Everything is cool right? Please tell me it is! I haven't slept for a day, and I've been writting like a possessed. I don't wanna be left out by a little derp :applecry:

Tomorrow I'll post the final chapter along with the edits on the others and re-do the tittle and description, also I'll work on the cover pic. But now, allow me to collapse right here after clicking this "Add Comment" button.

PS: it's for the getting together category.

Tchernobog
Group Admin

That's fine. As far as I'm concerned, some tweaks are allowed after submission, and unfinished stories are allowed too in the rules - we just won't accept very late submission links! :P

(an hour or two maybe, but further than that will not be accepted!)

AHHHHHHHHHH! Please tell me I'm not too late! I probably am, but here's my submission for the "getting together" category, in case you guys are feeling generous. Please?:fluttercry:

Tchernobog
Group Admin

You'd already submitted the first few chapters some time ago, so you're in the list, no worries! :pinkiehappy:

:twilightblush: Haha I knew that...
Well then... just ignore my terrible memory. :facehoof:

*cough*
Blah blah, journey, blah blah, thanks to all competitors, blah blah, where's my cookie? >=\

Anyway, yay! Finally, the end is nigh.... =D

Thanks again for the invite, Tcherno. It really was pretty fun. =)

Rated Ponystar
Group Contributor

Thank you judges and everyone else for reading my fic. I would also like to say it was an honor competing against the other fanfics. Here's hoping the next contest will be just as great.

Congratulations to the two winners! I'll see you guys next time... :ajsmug:
Tchernobog, you know what that means.

Best hold another contest, friend. I'm totally gonna snatch it up next time.

Just... just... :trixieshiftleft: :trixieshiftright: :trixieshiftleft:
make the next contest's theme dark, ok? or Horror.

:facehoof:

Posted
Group Contributor

If you want a dark AppleDash prompt look at my last post in the Caption Game thread. I may have toned it down just before posting it. :twilightsheepish:

Now to add all the entries to my ever growing read later list and try to find some time to read them.

DbzOrDie
Group Admin

I removed the sticky from this thread. Now that the contest is finished, it isn't high-priority anymore

• Viewing 101 - 150 of 141