TwiDash 4,230 members · 1,188 stories
Comments ( 147 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 147

Hi, everypony!

I have a little story writing competition for all of you, offering a little contrast to the already running one. And as they say 'Diversity sparks creativity', I'm inviting you into being a little bit more creative than usual? I'm offering alternative competition in the ways of TwiDash.

Interested yet? Maybe just slightly?

Should we increase the level of interest? I think so too. Why? Because there are prizes.

Prizes:
* First prize: $50usd on Paypal or games (via Steam) or art commission (by http://spittfireart.deviantart.com/ or http://ratofdrawn.deviantart.com) (I'll pay for the art, you pick what you want drawn)
* Second prize: $30usd on Paypal or games (via Steam) as well and an art piece from me (clean):
Example:

* Third prize: $10usd on paypal or games (via Steam) as well as art piece from me (clean):
Example:

Do I have your undivided attention yet? Because there's more:
The winner also gets a custom diorama from Vulpine Designs, the person who made this:

(Link here)

The competition is running from August 2 to October 14, 23:59 EST; Winners will be announced on October 29th.

The rules:
* It must be a story that is written after the date of the contest
* A story must be at least 2.5k words to enter.
* No mature rating or human
* Timeframe: Season 1; From first encounter to Grand Galloping Gala
* Twilight and Dash need to start in platonic relationship, and end up as a couple.
* Dark / sad is fine as long as it doesn’t involve in death of Twi or Dash.
* The entry must be marked as Complete

Prompt:
After the storm;

Judges:
* Twilight-the-pony
* Timaeus
* Bats
* Calm ‘n’ Quiet
* The Abyss
* Skeeter the Lurker
  * Lostzilla

How to enter:
* Your story HAS to be published on fimfiction; external links to google documents or external text files are out of question.
* Link the story in the thread below after it’s done.

And, that’s it!
Have a productive day!

Entries so far:
Hurricane by bholley
Rainbow Dash and the Perfectly Awesome No-Bad Very-Good Plan by Twinkletail
An Oasis in the Blizzard by Death2924
'After every storm, there's a rainbow' by by Shikilicious
Scars by Grand_Moff_Pony

Nightly Rendezvous by ssjgokillo
A Very Late Lunch by Comrade Sparkle
On the Subject of Weather and Mentality by The DJ Rainbow Dash

~Twi

so there are 2 separate contests right now?

yup
Increasing the fun by about 200% :rainbowhuh:

Comment posted by Skeeter The Lurker deleted Aug 2nd, 2013
Comment posted by Skeeter The Lurker deleted Aug 2nd, 2013

I'm just going to stop now.

~Skeeter The Lurker

As soon as I enter my first ever Twidash contest you all got to go and add to the stress~! now I have to writ two very different stories!

:twilightoops: Wait, this is because some people like flash intense it !

As soon as I enter my first ever Twidash contest you all got to go and add to the stress~! now I have to writ two very different stories!

I eat stress for breakfast.

'sides; You have 2 months... What can possibly go wrong?

Lesson zero ring any bell's?

Pfff... If it happened once; What are the odds of happening again?

what about "It's About Time Loops"

Vertorm
Group Contributor

Haha, a second contest!? Hell, why not, I adore TwiDash. I can't guarantee I can do it, but I will do my absolute best.

I am expected to be releasing a story by the end of the month, I have the other twidash contest to think about, and now you go and tempt me with this? Evil.

EEEEVVVVIIIIIIIIIILLLLL!!!!!!!!!

Imma try and write something for this... try being the keyword, I dunno if I'm gonna have time after school starts back up for this and the other Twidash contest.

EEEEVVVVIIIIIIIIIILLLLL!!!!!!!!!

That's my middle name...
Twilight the Eeeeeeevvviiiiiiillllllllll Pony. Yes.

I'm not entirely sure what the prompt means.
"After the Storm."

It can mean anything you desire. Could be metaphorical, could be rain, could be tears... You decide. I made it a bit more difficult for a reason.

Comment posted by Prof Yana deleted Aug 3rd, 2013

Alright, but isn't such a vague, open prompt much easier than a more constricting one?

hue hue hue hue xD

Well I've never written a fanfiction before and now here I I'm entering a contest well fuck it might as well enter this one to.
2 twidash stores and two months to write them. :rainbowdetermined2:

Time to crack my knuckles and beat the keyboard.

Splendid.
More Contests = More stories, more stories = more fun :moustache:

and I just had a brain storm!

thought you might like that

bats
Group Admin

Small Point of Clarification

Although there's some overlap in judges between the usual group contests and this one, and we're perfectly happy to play host to this (and any others out there folks might want to run) contest, this is not an 'official' contest. As such, the prizes are as you see 'em and the winner will not be featured on the group's front page or added to the contest winners folder.

Just making sure everyone understands that; not gonna lie, the prizes here are pretty damn snazzy.

But we get the prices?

Well, i already have an idea for the vacation contest so i think i can come up with something for this one too.^^

But we get the prices?

Certainly. I am the organizer and I solely provide the prizes. And fork out the money for commissions...

Well...

I have some work to do don't I? :twilightblush:

Oh and question, is that first picture what we are supposed to base our stories on? Just curious

Nah. I just put it in there in case it helps spark some creativity in someone....

Two challenges at once? Ponyfeathers, what am I getting myself into?

Ah, heck. Let's do this!

Quick Q: since the time frame is restricted to Season 1, does that mean that a submitted story must follow from/be tied to a specific S1 episode? Or, does the time frame simply mean that the author cannot reference/connect to events that have happened after S1?

Or, does the time frame simply mean that the author cannot reference/connect to events that have happened after S1?

That. You can reference more than one episode from S1, if you so desire, but the story line must not reference to anything after S1..

When is the deadline for this contest?

Timaeus
Group Admin

1431622 September 30th, and the winner will be announced on the 15th of October

Comment posted by Subsolar Drift deleted Aug 4th, 2013

Oh, almost forgot... I've got a nudge about referencing Starswirl the Bearded and / or Discord. That is fine. And let me tell you, why: Discord might be shown in the very beginning of the S2, but it was shown that it was a part of school excursion and the statue was on clear display. And from all of her studies, Twi' was bound to stumble upon him in one book or the other,
Similar scenario with Starswirl: In S2, she was well aware of his existence, she knew that there was a library wing named after him and in general knew a whole lot about him.

So, yes; referencing those two characters is okay, using them as active characters isn't. Also; There is no Iron Will, Mare Do well and Rainbow Dash didn't fall in love with Daring Do's books.

That is all.

best thing about contests is more storys especially for this one since it has prizes.:pinkiehappy:
its unfortunate i can't write very well though otherwise i'd be competing for sure:derpytongue2:

1474356 Since when does that stop anyone? You can only get better at writing BY writing, so why not use this as an opportunity to get better? :pinkiehappy:

Comment posted by bholley deleted Aug 11th, 2013

I have written a story for this competition! I hope you enjoy it.

https://www.fimfiction.net/story/123891/hurricane

Is there an upper word limit to this? :pinkiesmile:

Is there an upper word limit to this? :pinkiesmile:

That would be silly...

Actually; I sit corrected; Yes... There is an upper word limit... 16,777,216 words. Anything over that will be ignored.

If you have an idea for a fic, write it! I had never written fiction before in my life, but the recent TwiDash contest gave me a defined target to shoot for. You'll never know if you don't try!

1474356 Sooo...you going to write something? Fluttershy will be sad if you don't...:fluttershysad:

Had all of a sudden a great idea for a story on this today and directly started writing, despite all odds that I might not be able to do it in time, count me in.

1745004 You have a little over two weeks... It's not much time, but I wish you luck!

16,777,216 words

...For real or was that just a joke? :twilightoops:

Programing joke. :unsuresweetie:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 147