RariJack 1,945 members · 537 stories
Comments ( 152 )
  • Viewing 101 - 150 of 152
Merc the Jerk
Group Admin

Totally. Kenny bro4lyfe.

These days, mostly Minecraft when I'm in the mood for 3D, or Terraria when in the mood for 2D. I used to do modding for SimCity 4, but it got to be too tedious, so I gave it up to write ponies instead.

I'm playing Dust: An Elysian Tail at the moment. Fidget is adorable.

Merc the Jerk
Group Admin

I'm playing Dust: An Elysian Tail

Niiiice. I liked that one.

bats
Group Admin

Vidja games? :applejackconfused:

Actually, I played a game earlier today! Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 while visiting a friend who just moved back to Denver. It was the third time I've played a video game of any sort in the past year. Before that I played Arkham City briefly at a friend's house, and before that I went to an arcade with a friend.

...When most people are gaming, I'm writing.

Yeah its alright. I like the characters, but the gameplay is only okay as far as I'm concerned.

Ah Arkham City. I have to admit to preferring the first one myself; the second one felt like it had too much stuff to do relative to how long the story was. Spent so long doing every single riddler thing...

Is there a difference?

Merc the Jerk
Group Admin

Marvel Vs. Capcom 3

Phoenix Wright x Captain America x She-Hulk for team justice.

Arkham City

Merc the Jerk
Group Admin

Revive, damn your eyes! Behold my mighty bump!

I also wrote a blaugh post about why Rarijack is rad. bam!

You guys all need to participate more in the RariJack prompt tag game! Otherwise it is just going to be me violating the word limit over and over and over again. :raritydespair:

Speaking of which, I wrote Temptation today, though unlike with Shotgun Wedding, THIS one isn't turning into a long story.

Shotgun Wedding itself, sadly, is taking quite a while to write. I've got chapters 5, 6, and 7 written, but they aren't posted because 5 and 6 aren't funny enough yet. Still kind of poking at them. :fluttershyouch:

So what are you guys up to? I admittedly haven't done anything super interesting of late, and I should probably fix that. Been thinking about picking up a new video game and playing it through (or more accurately, running through something I own but have never played - stupid steam sales/humble bundles...). Have any of you guys played the single player of Battlefield 3? Is it any good?

This group has a socializing thread!?!?

2198385 I really should join in on the Rarijack prompt tag... but every time I see a prompt I want (for any group), it's typically immediately after someone else has clamied it.

I am working on a super long Rarijack story at present, but it's started progressing extremely slowly. I could blame the fact that I've had very few days off lately, but I think the more realistic reason is just that I'm being a little bit lazy, and I'm feeling a little bit stuck. Also, my usual conspirators haven't been online much lately to help talk me through the rough patch I've hit in the story. But it's still probably a laziness issue at its core. Blargh.

If you're looking for new games to play, if you haven't played either Hotline:Miami or FTL, those are the two games I'm presently forcing down the throats of all my RL friends. Oh, and Dungeons of Dredmor, if you like oldschool Roguelikes.

I have not played Battlefield 3.

I really should join in on the Rarijack prompt tag... but every time I see a prompt I want (for any group), it's typically immediately after someone else has clamied it.

And now the prompt has been declaimed.

Make it quick c:

Man, this forum was so cluttered and active, it's a good thing Jake deleted all those threads people were actually talking in.

2814973 Days ago also known as yesterday and today? And even if it were actually days ago, that would only further service my point, which is that this group ain't exactly inundated with spam. We're very lucky when somebody posts anything in a week. Do we actually need this strict a ruleset?

Merc the Jerk
Group Admin

Well, at least maybe we'll have some actual posts in the socializing thread. O-on the bright side.

Just gonna bump this to page one, it's a useful thread.

Useful, but long-dead thread, unfortunately.

~Twi

Yes but it doesn't have to be.

W-well. Hi. :pinkiecrazy:

I can't think of a topic to start with. :ajbemused:

Pokémon, anyone? :trollestia:

Merc the Jerk
Group Admin

Gen 1, all others are shit.

Aw shucks. I love Sinnoh! :rainbowkiss:

And of course the good 'ol Kanto. :duck:

No they aren't, their samey but mechanically Pokemon typically gets better and more balanced with each iteration. And Kanto as a region is probably the least interesting of them all (well ether it or unfortunately Kalos, Kalos really disappointed me), it does have the most iconic Pokemon though.

Personally as a game I think my favorite was Platinum. Sinnoh was a really nice region, and it had the most improvement out of any of the "third versions" they've done, and mechanically the Physical/special split in Gen 4 is pretty much the best mechanic change they've ever done, made so many previously useless Pokemon viable.

I like Sinnoh too.

Well. I really like all Pokémon versions, but everyone should have their favorites, and in my, or rather, our case is that, we both like Sinnoh. All regions have their own different attractions, but I can see that Kanto took the least of excitement. Hoenn, well, we just have the Kyogre-Groudon incident there, which for me, isn't that.... awesome. But for Sinnoh, it got all. Just the mention of an awesome Giratina who lives underworld?! Ain't that great?! Oh, Johto... Well. That's good. I only love Lugia there. Then there's..... Unova. :ajbemused: Whatever.

The only thing I like from the new gen Is its amazing graphics. And it be honest, I don't have the 3ds to start playing. :ajsleepy: And the Hoenn remake. :fluttershbad:

The Hoenn Remake in OR/AS I think was a lot better than X/Y, though mechanically Gen 6 is great, it's just that Kalos was a disappointing region, felt too barebones.

And yes the Distortion World was indeed freaking awesome, Giratina might be my favorite legendary.

Gen 2 was great cause we got both Johto AND Kanto in one game, so that was really neat, I wish they'd replicate something similar one day.

I've been reeeeally excited when the news about the remake came, but it soon fell when I realized I don't have 3DS. :pinkiegasp: Well. I only wish there is a download-able emulator somewhere out there.., :rainbowderp: It would be a dream come true. :raritystarry: And now, I heard that there's gonna be a Pokémon X.

I feel so.... out.... yeah. :ajsleepy:

My favorite pony-eh, I mean, Pokémon would be Gardevoir. Its Mega Evolution is just. So. :rainbowkiss: Awesome. Then next to it would be Lucario. :ajsmug:

:trollestia:

Aw, shucks. I just checked the link.

Ponymon exists/ed?!

Merc the Jerk
Group Admin

LEZ BUMP THIS SHIT, YO.

Anyone read any good books or fics lately? I just finished the novel Watership Down. The film version traumatised me as a child. Reading the novel was only slightly less horrifying. I'd still recommend it though.

Merc the Jerk
Group Admin

Lost Time by Bookplayer was pretty good. It's an AppleDash fic, but I liked it enough that I was a prereader for it, haha.

4988857 I keep thinking I ought to read it. From her blog announcing it, it sounded like it tackled a few interesting shipping points. But the premise of a timeskip really puts me off. Should I put that to one side and try anyway?

Merc the Jerk
Group Admin

It's pretty interesting seeing a 20-something Dash trying to fit a 40-something mindset and take care of kids. I'd say give it a shot myself.

4988880 I'll stick it on my reading list then. Thanks for the recommendation.

Took me a looong time to understand what "bump" meant (Thank you, Adult Swim~)

Speaking of........

• Viewing 101 - 150 of 152